PDA

View Full Version : Respawning enemies in THief 3

hagatha
30th May 2004, 00:30
No matter how many people I knock out, the city streets are still fully populated with guards and civilians. None of the civvies has any purses or jewellery any more, leading me to believe that these are the same ones I knocked out a while back. And all of the unconscious bodies I've stashed in dark rooms behind closed doors are now gone.

Is this a bug, or are the developers trying to turn Garrett into a murderer?

I really don't want to be forced to change my Thief playing style after all of these years; my Garret likes to knock everyone out and roam at will. This way, I will have to kill the guards.

hagatha
30th May 2004, 02:40
THis continues to happen.

Now in a different area of the game, TWO people I had knocked out and hidden in an upper room jumped off a balcony in front a group of other people, again sounding the alarm.

Can't play this game as a thief this way!

Would really like an answer to this. I'm not kidding - would be happy to send a save game if somebody would tell me how to do that. But this game is not playable the way it is. There is simply no stealth factor at all.

theBlackman
30th May 2004, 02:49
There is a large population so the streets will be well traveled in some parts of the game. People ko'd do wake up. How long an interval between KO and hide, and jump off balcony?

hagatha
30th May 2004, 06:56
I'd say between 15 mintues and half an hour - but tough to say, really, I wasn't counting.

Definitely the KO'd people jumping off the balconies, though. It's always a balcony outside a room where I've stashed unconscious bodies. And I actually watched one incident happen, and heard the other. In the second instance I was in another room brushing my teeth with the game left on, heard a commotion, ran Garrettt around the corner and lo and behold there was the woman and the guard I'd knocked out a while back (quite a long while back) , lying in pools of blood, below the balcony.

hagatha
30th May 2004, 06:58
It's actually quite amusing, but it's messing up my stealth game!

Perhaps the loss of their wealth is making them kill themselves? Or, in the case of the guard that suicided, perhaps he was ashamed at having been caught by suprise?

theBlackman
30th May 2004, 09:22
You can add additional comments to a post you make by using the EDIT button at the bottom right of your original post.

It is especially useful when you think of something you want to add seconds or minutes after you make your post. :D

True, it cuts your count down, but does make the threads a little neater. :p

hagatha
31st May 2004, 00:42
I'm actually not the slightest bit interested in count! Just wanna play my game.

xyzzy
10th Jun 2004, 00:30
In my experience, when you knock someone out in the city, they wake up. When you knock someone out on a mission, they don't.

X.