PDA

View Full Version : I heard that Jolie is nto coming back for #3? True? When's its release?

nbs1243
17th May 2004, 17:33
I heard that Jolie is not coming back for #3? True? When's its release?

dhama
17th May 2004, 17:35
I'm sorry but your link to the source news about AJ doing another TR movie appears to be missing.. :confused:

nbs1243
17th May 2004, 17:37
well, I guess she's coming back.

nbs1243
17th May 2004, 17:50
These guys are a little wacky aren't they? They were most likely just cr@pping:

http://www.movie-fan-forum.com/movies/Angelina_Jolie_not_returning_for_Tomb_Raider_619501.html

movie-fan-forum.com
Promoting movie discussion.

This is the cheapest place to get US Weekly magazine.Awesome deals on every magazine!
Take a look at the prices. Maxim for $5.99, Wired at $7.99, WOW!

Main
Date: 08 Mar 2004 12:43:57
Subject: Angelina Jolie not returning for Tomb Raider

Rumors have been swirling that there is a third Tomb Raider movie in
the offing, rumors apparently fueled by the film?s producers.

Well, if there is a third one, it won?t be starring Angelina Jolie.
This weekend at the press junket for Taking Lives, Jolie said that "I
just don't feel like I need to do another one, because I felt very
happy with the last one.? Which makes her the only human who feels
that way. ?It was the one that we really wanted to do. In the first
one, I was kind of frustrated, but I was trying something new, and
then with the second one, I felt like that's how we wanted to do it."

Date: 09 Mar 2004 01:38:48
Subject: Re: Angelina Jolie not returning for Tomb Raider

"BillBraskyFan777" <billbraskyfan777@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:ce2b1fb2.0403081243.2c72e4a6@posting.google.com...
> Rumors have been swirling that there is a third Tomb Raider movie in
> the offing, rumors apparently fueled by the film?s producers.
>
> Well, if there is a third one, it won?t be starring Angelina Jolie.
> This weekend at the press junket for Taking Lives, Jolie said that "I
> just don't feel like I need to do another one, because I felt very
> happy with the last one.? Which makes her the only human who feels
> that way. ?It was the one that we really wanted to do. In the first
> one, I was kind of frustrated, but I was trying something new, and
> then with the second one, I felt like that's how we wanted to do it."

I am just sorry the original cast of the Magnificent Seven didn't get
together and somehow make a prequel, or a lost sequel about the time on the
way to the Mexican village or any other excuse, no matter how lame, to have
several more two hour movies with those most excellent guys.

But no, there is only one.

Same thing with Tomb Raider. It is uncanny how much Angelina Jolie fills out
the role of Lara Croft. I can't imagine anybody else doing it. Maybe she is
holding out for a Keannu Reeves type of deal like he got for the Matrix
sequels? I sure hope so.

Date: 08 Mar 2004 22:18:23

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:38:48 -0500, U840@sbcglobal.net wrote
(in message <Ie93c.35982$eW1.29453@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com >):

> Same thing with Tomb Raider. It is uncanny how much Angelina Jolie fills out
> the role of Lara Croft. I can't imagine anybody else doing it.

Angelina Jolie is a fantastic Lara Coft.

Too bad the writers, the director, the stage crew, hell EVERYBODY ELSE
involved with the project are so terrible at it.

From lack luster stories, to that awful, fake looking set at the end of Tomb
Raider 2, the entire production was just flawed.

I don't blame Angelina Jolie for getting out while the going is good. As much
as I want the series to get better, it won't unless the studio seriously
revamps and re-energerzies their production team.

Tomb Raider 2 was a two-star movie. She was smart to get out before that got
it down to zero.

Date: 09 Mar 2004 06:59:26

>
>On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:38:48 -0500, U840@sbcglobal.net wrote
>(in message <Ie93c.35982$eW1.29453@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>):
>
>> Same thing with Tomb Raider. It is uncanny how much Angelina Jolie fills
>out
>> the role of Lara Croft. I can't imagine anybody else doing it.
>
>Angelina Jolie is a fantastic Lara Coft.
>
>Too bad the writers, the director, the stage crew, hell EVERYBODY ELSE
>involved with the project are so terrible at it.
>
>From lack luster stories, to that awful, fake looking set at the end of Tomb
>Raider 2, the entire production was just flawed.
>
>I don't blame Angelina Jolie for getting out while the going is good. As much
>
>as I want the series to get better, it won't unless the studio seriously
>revamps and re-energerzies their production team.
>
>Tomb Raider 2 was a two-star movie. She was smart to get out before that got
>it down to zero.
>

I nearly stopped the dvd when she punched the Shark underwater and rode him to
the surface at the beginning. I mean Jolie AND Jan de Bont needed a hit pretty
badly. I don't know what they were thinking.

Peace,

Wyndell

--------
Music producer, songwriter, remixer,writer, & movie freak.

- for film talk__art_mp3's_
dj mixes_MIDI prod_ beats 4 sale
Chicago hip hop / house / techno:

visit: http://www.wyndelllong.com/

Date: 10 Mar 2004 15:45:22

wyndelllong@aol.comDobre (W Long) wrote in
news:20040309015926.22662.00001182@mb-m10.aol.com:

>
> I nearly stopped the dvd when she punched the Shark underwater and
> rode him to the surface at the beginning. I mean Jolie AND Jan de
> Bont needed a hit pretty badly. I don't know what they were thinking.

I think it's clear they wanted her to "jump the shark." See http://www.jumptheshark.com/ for details. I
think it applies to movies as well at TV shows.

--
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCS d++ s+:- a+ C+ UL++++ P+ L+ E- W+ N++ o- K++ w+ O+ M !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t+ !5 X- R- tv--- b++
DI++ D+ G++ e++ h---- r+++ y+++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Rose662
22nd May 2004, 08:17
I saw a brief interview on HBO with Angelina Jolie. She said she did NOT want to do a third Tomb Raider movie.

Hopefully, she will change her mind if there is a good script and good director.

As far as when the third Tomb Raider movie will be released: I don't know. I have heard nothing regarding a third Tomb Raider movie. I don't know if there is going to be one.

nbs1243
23rd May 2004, 17:36
What? I don't believe this!! I was kinda right after all! Why doesn't she wanna come back as Lara?

Anyway, to tell you the truth, I thought the video game Lara looked much hotter somehow.

Then again, you should be attentioned on personality such as kindness, good morale, anti-suffering onto others etc. in ladies too.

Lara Croft Online
24th May 2004, 06:38
Tomb Raider One made 275 million
Tomb Raider Two made 155 million

Those aren't bad numbers 430 million 2 movies (scratches head) :rolleyes:

nbs1243
24th May 2004, 08:27
Before the 1st movie, who were the other candidates to act as Lara?

Yeah, well, they should try to make the next Tomb Raider movie a lot more like the video games or the Lucozade TV advertisements or even better a Toy Story like CGI movie.

Before the 1st movie, who were the other candidates to act as Lara?

dhama
24th May 2004, 17:23
Angelina Jolie is a good actor, and i'm glad she isn't going to put up with yet another mistake on her otherwise decent career with yet another load of old nonsense. Give me CGI for Tomb Raider any day.

nbs1243
24th May 2004, 18:54
Yeah!! That's right. A live action movie and a CGI movie would be cool though. Maybe a TV series too!!

Originally posted by dhama
Angelina Jolie is a good actor, and i'm glad she isn't going to put up with yet another mistake on her otherwise decent career with yet another load of old nonsense. Give me CGI for Tomb Raider any day.

ambrosia05
24th May 2004, 23:35
I've always wanted CGI for Tomb Raider, even before the last two disappointments. :rolleyes:

Tahrqa
26th May 2004, 21:39
What??? :confused: I can't belive my eyes! I allmost had a heardattack! If there is no Anglina, there must not be a third Tomb Raider movie. No one can replace her. It's the most stupid thing I ever heard: to start a movie with one actor and finish it with another one. Whoever Lara should have been (Angelina or not) must finish as Lara. Change is outrages. Besides, Angeline is OK.

And yes: it could have been more like the game.

Or it could have been computer-animated like "Final Fantesy-The Spirits Within", but NO CHANGE of actors. :mad:

I'm sorry I am so outraged. It's just that it would be much better not to make a third movie if Angelina is not playing. Whoever comes new, there will be a diference. If they started doing something they should finish it in the same manner.

Hugs,

WesternWhiteWolf
26th May 2004, 22:41
Who cares??? I heard that the movies were hardly anything like the game, so I never saw them. Why would anyone care about a movie series that apparently butchers a video game character's personality for its own purposes?

nbs1243
27th May 2004, 15:27
you know Christmas Joes (from World is not enough 007)/Charlie Sheen's wife looks cool. Act?

Don't know about her personality though. I think she acts sometimes like a prostitute in public.

EddyBones
27th May 2004, 16:04
Of course the movies were nothing like the games. They couldn't have been. NO movies based on games are exactly like the games, ever. The TR movies just made the whole TR experience so much better for me though. So what if the concept was a bit skewed threw the eyes of some director? It's still Tomb Raider. Next everyone'll be complaining how much the comic book is nothing like the "true" Tomb Raider:rolleyes: I don't think people get it that the "true" TR that we so often speak of is only in the eye of the beholder...

nbs1243
27th May 2004, 17:16
Yeah, but Van Helsing had a high CGI composite, and well, they could have at least made the plot and sets (sets mean in-studio furnitures, buildings, walls) a lot more like the video games.

dhama
27th May 2004, 17:25
And another thing, has anyone noticed how much the TR comic books differ from the games too......... :p

nbs1243
27th May 2004, 17:57
You know, Gandalf's actor doesn't like women?

Anyway, you should explain what are differences and why you prefer them in the movies.

Originally posted by Gandalf the Gray
Of course the movies were nothing like the games. They couldn't have been. NO movies based on games are exactly like the games, ever. The TR movies just made the whole TR experience so much better for me though. So what if the concept was a bit skewed threw the eyes of some director? It's still Tomb Raider. Next everyone'll be complaining how much the comic book is nothing like the "true" Tomb Raider:rolleyes: I don't think people get it that the "true" TR that we so often speak of is only in the eye of the beholder...

EddyBones
27th May 2004, 22:03
Originally posted by nbs1243
You know, Gandalf's actor doesn't like women?

That's quite an irrelevant fact...

Anyway, you should explain what are differences and why you prefer them in the movies.
Everyone else has ranted about the differences enough around here, so I don't feel the need to repeat them. I never said I preferred them, I just meant that they don't disturb me in any way as they seem to do with other people here. I just see the movies as another way of conveying the character. Yes, through someone else's perspective, but that is perfectly fine with me, and I hope they keep it up.

I don't mean to be harsh when I say this, and I don't want to make forum enemies, but it just seems like too many people get too uppity about "mistakes" that were made, or just because the story didn't go the way they wanted, or because they don't like the actor chosen. But is it that big of a deal, really?
Everyone is, of course, entitled to their own opinion, and I wouldn't have it any othr way, so let the movie-bashing continue:D

AnUbIs985
29th May 2004, 22:08
TR movies were unnecessary in the first place! Now some morons over here call AJ Lara Croft. Oooh,that makes me sooooo mad...:mad: :mad:

lara forever
29th May 2004, 23:47
Victoria beckham applied the first time for tomb raider , maybe she`ll try again ? LMAO

midroth
1st Jun 2004, 11:35
CGI? Lord of the Rings showed, very good, IT IS POSSIBLE!
(Gollum/Smeagol)

Mangar The Dark
2nd Jun 2004, 17:41
Good lord... surely there's not considering a THIRD stupid movie, are they? They should let it rest. Tomb Raider's moment of glory is gone, the first two movies were feeble, and a third one would just be a waste of everyone's time and money.

Let's be honest-- the general public just doesn't care about Tomb Raider anymore. Countless games have surpassed it, while TR stuck to the same old creaky engine for a few too many sequels. Then, when they FINALLY revamped the engine, they screwed up and made it even worse.

Tomb Raider is dead. Sad, but true.

Deekman
4th Jun 2004, 16:31
I loved the games and I loved the movies.
I don't even need to explain myself.
My wife, who doesn't like AJ, and could really care less about the games,
loved the movies. Go figure.
At the very least we should be thankful that the movies didn't
go the route of the upcoming Catwoman movie.
Talk about a fistfull of fan outrage!

nbs1243
4th Jun 2004, 17:14
Hope they make a CGI Lara croft movie and a live action movie too. CGI with a lite blue cyan top, and pre-AOD faced Lara too.

I thought that WETA digital made a great job in Lord of the Rings. Gollum/Smeagol looks more realistic than the Hulk did.

nbs1243
4th Jun 2004, 17:16
Oh yeah. Catwoman with Halle Berry? I dunno. I guess she's gonna Kill Batman and win and all that in this movie 'cause she's the heroine instead of Batman.

Originally posted by DEEKMAN
I loved the games and I loved the movies.
I don't even need to explain myself.
My wife, who doesn't like AJ, and could really care less about the games,
loved the movies. Go figure.
At the very least we should be thankful that the movies didn't
go the route of the upcoming Catwoman movie.
Talk about a fistfull of fan outrage!

Trinity34
4th Jun 2004, 17:19
Well to get back on topic.. :p AJ said she didn't want to do another movie because her son is starting school in September and wanted to be with him. Who knows? Maybe another movie will be announced if the next game does better. :) Or maybe a different actress.... :)

nbs1243
6th Jun 2004, 04:34
I guess he meant in human form. What happened to the dragon? Farquart? Was that king a frog right from teh start? Probably who cares.

Ashley Judd looks pretty good and young to be a replacement:
10 more pictures.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====63445&evntI=742

http://images1.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/2784938.jpg

Of course, this is all not real, but then again, at least, I'm looking at something good. SEeing a nice out of town or overseas holiday is usually unrealistic to my wallet too.

Trinity34
14th Jun 2004, 21:27
I don't know if this means anything or not but Paramount just renewed its tombraidermovie.com domain til next year.

YAYYYY!! Maybe something is in the works. :D

nbs1243
14th Jun 2004, 21:32
They would have to wouldn't they? These movies made a lot of money. Money is its main priority.

That actress from "World is not enough" 007 and she married Charlie Sheen looks quite good.

lara forever
15th Jun 2004, 02:22
They would have to wouldn't they? These movies made a lot of money. Money is its main priority.

That actress from "World is not enough" 007 and she married Charlie Sheen looks quite good.

You mean denise richards , yeah she is hot , but i think cheryl tweedy from the uk girlband "girls aloud" would be perfect if she can act of course :)

I would put a picture of her on here but i still cant work out how ?

Just type cheryl tweedy if you wanna see what she looks like theres millions of websites devoted to her (well actually theres 13 but shes still a babe) :)

Lone Raider
27th Jun 2004, 19:53
hi guys, long time no see, been offline for months and too disappointed by AOD...
Now, I really don't understand what everybody's got to moan about with AJ and the movies. They're supposed to be easy going action films, right? that in my eyes they are. Lara kicks butt, right? isnt that why we love er? Well, Angelina kicks butt like probably none of us around here ever will, so, as far as I'm concerned, hats off to the lady!!!!! AJ has style, humour, a gert load of kick-ass power, and intelligence - she even got the accent allright in the second movie... the showplaces are quite fantastic - ok i miss the endless crawling-on-her-own-through-dark-and-narrow-spaces-bit, but that would be a bit stupid on film wouldnt it. the only thing i didnt like about the films was the pace... could have been a bit more intense on the finding-out-things side...
well, seems like the people who those movies were made for, US, aren't easily satisfied. No wonder Miss Jolie can't be bothered to return, she never got the credit she deserved.
...she had great influence on my sense of dressing i can tell u ;

nbs1243
3rd Jul 2004, 22:11
She probably can't speak English accents very well, but what do you think of this picture? She's an actress from that show.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/scrapbook/20/Sbk/20/49322_1_1.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Carpenter,%20Charisma

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/scrapbook/20/Sbk/20/4898501_2_39.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Carpenter,%20Charisma

Originally posted by Lone Raider
hi guys, long time no see, been offline for months and too disappointed by AOD...
Now, I really don't understand what everybody's got to moan about with AJ and the movies. They're supposed to be easy going action films, right? that in my eyes they are. Lara kicks butt, right? isnt that why we love er? Well, Angelina kicks butt like probably none of us around here ever will, so, as far as I'm concerned, hats off to the lady!!!!! AJ has style, humour, a gert load of kick-ass power, and intelligence - she even got the accent allright in the second movie... the showplaces are quite fantastic - ok i miss the endless crawling-on-her-own-through-dark-and-narrow-spaces-bit, but that would be a bit stupid on film wouldnt it. the only thing i didnt like about the films was the pace... could have been a bit more intense on the finding-out-things side...
well, seems like the people who those movies were made for, US, aren't easily satisfied. No wonder Miss Jolie can't be bothered to return, she never got the credit she deserved.
...she had great influence on my sense of dressing i can tell u ;

nbs1243
3rd Jul 2004, 23:46
http://ralph.ninemsn.com.au/ralph/babespoll/babes166.asp

She does resemble Angelina Jolie does she not? I reckon she does a bit. This Austrailan magazine's chocers. (You must be over 15 to see these Bikini photos (no nudity)

http://ralph.ninemsn.com.au/ralph/babespoll/wallpaper.asp?image=/ralph/images/babespoll/71/emma_1024x768.jpg[IMG]

nbs1243
3rd Jul 2004, 23:48
http://ralph.ninemsn.com.au/ralph/babespoll/wallpaper.asp?image=/ralph/images/babespoll/71/emma_1024x768.jpg

thanhkim
4th Jul 2004, 09:25
Originally posted by AnUbIs985
TR movies were unnecessary in the first place! Now some morons over here call AJ Lara Croft. Oooh,that makes me sooooo mad...:mad: :mad: AJ is no Lara she doesn't even come close no human does I mean It's like saying a human is an angel impossible. simply impossible

nbs1243
4th Jul 2004, 09:48
Of course, a CGI movie and a live action movie would be cool. CGi with the likes of Action Man CGI or Max Steele CGI and liek that Ruby by Radeon 9800 graphics card stuff in their website.

Those Lucozade ads were real cool.

You gotta feel sorry for **** Van Dyke though. He was the poor chimney sweeper in "Mary Poppins" and Diagnosis Murder.

nbs1243
4th Jul 2004, 12:07
Yeah, the blue cyan topped lara Croft pre-AOD version did look pretty different from Angelina. Most of us guys do think so.

Jolie's real life dad looks very unfeminine, since he's a guy.

Originally posted by thanhkim
AJ is no Lara she doesn't even come close no human does I mean It's like saying a human is an angel impossible. simply impossible

PaulZ108
5th Jul 2004, 01:35
I liked the first two Tomb Raider movies a hell of a lot more than Angel of Darkness and the whole awful plotline involving Von Croy that they've been using since TR4 (which I seriously hope Crystal Dynamics drops). They change the backstory a bit, but other than that I think they're sufficiently true to the character.

A CGI movie wouldn't be financially viable and would be dreadful. The TR1-TR2 Lara CGI renders were okay, but after that she got UGLY, especially when Core announced that a new guy was doing them after TR3. The TR4 promotional pics were just monstrous.

Cradle of Life did horribly in the US...it didn't come close to breaking even. Worldwide box office and DVD sales have made it turn a small profit, but I highly doubt that Paramount is going to shell out the cash for another one.

thanhkim
5th Jul 2004, 22:25
I want to see a cg movie of tr and done by either cd or the guys who did shrek, the guys at shrek did a fab job!

marsoa
10th Jul 2004, 11:43

I totally agree; she is (as an actress) worth more challenging roles than that of Lara Croft. And apparently she knows that, and that is why she doesn't want to work on any more of TR movies, I guess. Besides, now she is a mother, and that also changes woman' s life in more decent and responsible way.
She was also criticized for appearing in TR movies as in the critics' opinion, her talent was being wasted in movies like that.
Maybe she would accept another TR movie if the script and the whole story were more "profound" and not "shallow". That would still be good for her already excellent acting career. But however, Lara Croft is a money-making icon. I guess Angelina does not want to end up like that...
And a CGI movie would be perfect - it would be the 'real' Lara Croft in it, for sure :)

susan
11th Jul 2004, 05:25
Angelina Jolie is a fantastic Lara Coft.

Too bad the writers, the director, the stage crew, hell EVERYBODY ELSE
involved with the project are so terrible at it.

From lack luster stories, to that awful, fake looking set at the end of Tomb
Raider 2, the entire production was just flawed.

I don't blame Angelina Jolie for getting out while the going is good. As much
as I want the series to get better, it won't unless the studio seriously
revamps and re-energerzies their production team.

Tomb Raider 2 was a two-star movie. She was smart to get out before that got
it down to zero.

Have to agree with this. TR 2 was so bad and cliched that when I first watched it at the cinema I cringed, especially when they dragged out the MI6 (or 5) guys and the "Doctor No" style baddie who wants to dominate the world, mwahahahahahahahahaha. They always want to dumb everything down.

Firstly they need to appoint a good director. I know there's no chance, but just imagine if they had someone like James Cameron or Ridley Scott direct TR3. Directors with imagination and ability. I know they won't get the big guys, but surely there must be some up and coming director-stars of the future who they can grab on there way up. TR is an ideal project for them to cut their teeth on.

I think it goes without saying that they need to employ better writers for the next TR3.

nbs1243
11th Jul 2004, 13:43
Yeah, a better plot with tombs with more booby traps like that intro scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark maybe.

yeah, huge Incan temple/tomb or Mayan or whatever would be cool for starters.

nbs1243
11th Jul 2004, 13:47
Maybe some booby traps that require lots more commando rolls and all that.

EddyBones
11th Jul 2004, 15:25
You are aware that there is an 'Edit Post' feature, correct?

nbs1243
11th Jul 2004, 15:51
You're right, but I'm just afraid that soem readers might have thought, i've read that , and dont' read my edited version.

Let's say, I've just eidted this mail five seconds ago, people would judge its cover (subject) as, I read that already and won't read it again.

This emial was unedited.

EddyBones
11th Jul 2004, 16:49
Touché...

littlelara1
22nd Jul 2004, 22:12
:D pleeeeease victoria beckham for TR3 i'd rathr have vera duckworth do the job, at least then i could have a good laugh.

i mean it's not that i don't liKe VB BUT she just gets right up my nose as she's always there in everything, ads, papers etc.....

Mike Hawthorne
26th Jul 2004, 04:01
I don't think that they did a first Tomb Raider movie yet.

While the second attempt was better then the first neither captured the Tomb Raider Mystic.

Mike

nbs1243
3rd Sep 2004, 05:05
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-09/02/10.30.film

09:00am ET, 2-September-04

Jolie: No More Tomb

Angelina Jolie told SCI FI Wire that she won't play adventurer Lara Croft in any more Tomb Raider films. "No, I don't think so," Jolie said during a press briefing for her upcoming SF movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Jolie played the video-game-inspired archaeologist in 2001's Lara Croft Tomb Raider and 2003's Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life. "I mean, I loved doing them," she said. "And I learned from them. I had a great time. And I think I did them. So I tend to not want to [do another one]."

But that doesn't mean Jolie is through with action-adventure franchise films. Her dream role? "I guess, because I grew up [here], maybe secretly, deep down, I've always wanted to be a Bond villain," she said with a laugh, referring to the venerable James Bond franchise. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, in which Jolie plays a one-eyed aviatrix named Franky Cook, opens Sept. 17.

News? Rumors? Gossip? Wire Us!

Trinity34
7th Sep 2004, 16:21
Did you notice what she said? She "tends" not to want to do anymore. Its not a definate no. *Sigh* :confused: :rolleyes: Guess "no" doesn't really mean "no" when it comes to movies. :)