PDA

View Full Version : Oh Geez

earnietoxic
14th May 2004, 22:14
Whenever I start my game I get to the first battle between the two guards. I can kill the first one but when I kill the second it freezes in the exact same position every time. I also had the upside down FMV problem but I solved that. I hoped that would solve it but no such luck. Please help.

Omni_Sephiroth
15th May 2004, 14:15
Ive never herd of anything like that happening in FFVII before :| whats you system spects?

earnietoxic
15th May 2004, 15:03
I just recently upgraded my whole computer and got better equipment. It used to work on my old computer but not anymore. I have a GeForceFX5200 graphics card, and a ASRock FSB 333MHz and DDR400 motherboard.

Threesixty
21st May 2004, 02:34
Try turning off Sound Acceleration.

type dxdiag, go into sound and move the slider bar to basic or maybe even off.

earnietoxic
22nd May 2004, 01:01
Sorry, no such luck. Just a lot quieter. I really love this game and would do anything for it to work!

Threesixty
22nd May 2004, 03:12
...well I don't know what it could be. I had that crash once, and putting the sound to Basic mode worked.

You could try a different video driver. Does it crash in Softwaremode Quarter Screen?

This forum is pretty much dead...I think I'm the only one that still checks in on it...

Might want to ask your question at Qhimm's site. I'm kinda out of touch with FF7PC nowadays.

http://forums.qhimm.com/

halo_halox
23rd May 2004, 22:00
If you use WinXP, maybe you should try running the game under compatibility mode. Although usb gamepad will not work under compatibility mode.