PDA

View Full Version : Problem with finishing TR:chronicles

virumor
10th May 2004, 10:34
Hi,

as i was unable to finish TR:chronicles i read some Red Alert!-walkthrough sections and that made me conclude there is a bug at the end of this level : as you might know, at the end of the level you have to kill the cyborg by trapping him in a room and then releasing gas to kill him. To release this gas you have to go to two gas chambers. After the bot dies, you get the second part of a helipad key.
Then normally, the lasers at the end of the long corridor where the helicopter outside shoots you, disappear and you can return to the 4-way intersection.

I found that when Lara first enters the room where she is supposed to trap the bot, that there is already gas in there even though the room is not closed... which means that if you trap the bot in there, he dies without Lara having to go to the gas chambers... that way you can also kill him by just luring him into this room. This gives you the second part of the key but the lasers at the end of the helicopter-corridor don't disappear so you can't finish the game.

The solution is probably first going to the gas chambers and pulling both levers : i found that after this there is no more gas in the room where you have to trap the bot. I still have to test if the lasers at the end of the corridor-room then will disappear...

This is a kinda awkward bug and i don't know if it is possible to fix. It already happened to me too that the bot fell into the pits but this is because of saving at a wrong point and can be fixed.

Invincible
10th May 2004, 10:51
There r many bugs in the last level of VCi,and once that stoped me from finished the game so I had to start from a previous level. :( http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/sleepy.gif

Here's a good site that tells you ofevery bug and places you activated them from and how to get RID OF them etc.
CLICKyyy (http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR5walk/redalert.html) hehe ;)

That should help :cool:

virumor
10th May 2004, 10:56
Thanks! :)

Well actually i read that walkthrough already and there's nothing mentioned bout the bug i am encountering... maybe i did something wrong somewhere but i can't tell what.

I gonna play through it again... more Lara for me. :cool:

Invincible
10th May 2004, 12:06
Good tip is to just save in different slots,for those VCi levelz.

Just in case.... ;):D

virumor
11th May 2004, 11:29
Hey it's ok now. I managed to finish it now by following the rules... trapping the bot in the room and killing him by pulling the necessary levers and the lasers disappear so i can finish the game! It is all about not saving at the wrong moment, i guess.