PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Password Problems

bryson1990
10th Apr 2013, 16:53
Running into password-related issues? Then contact customer support (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1).
---------------------

I can log on this website just fine, but everytime I try and go to the ffxiv forums, or the beta forums to download the client, it says 'id or password is incorrect'* I don't understand how I can be simultaenously logged in here fine while not being able ot log onto the forums.* I've changed my password just fine, but when I try actually logging in it says i'm wrong.* Support hasn't helped as they continue to suggest things i've already tried like that account management thing.

Has anyone had issues where your id and/or password doesn't work?

I got invited to beta for a realm reborn, and I want to download the client, but I can't get to the forum page

nojjy
10th Apr 2013, 17:47
Yep, having the same issue here. let us know if you get through.

Jinsumi
10th Apr 2013, 17:56
i am also having the same problem as of 5:54PM central time 4-10-13.

member_10187486
10th Apr 2013, 18:16
same here. I have the beta code ready to go and everytime i try to log in I keep getting invalid password. I also changed it twice to see if I was incorrect but i can log into the webpage and here as well...

Vyuyu
10th Apr 2013, 19:19
same here. I have the beta code ready to go and everytime i try to log in I keep getting invalid password. I also changed it twice to see if I was incorrect but i can log into the webpage and here as well...

I tried around 5pm cst and it let me log in fine but it said the forums were undergoing maintanence. Just tried again at 7:15pm cst and now its saying my ID or PW are wrong and now it won't let me in. Has anyone been able to log in?

member_10774204
10th Apr 2013, 19:25
having the same problem guys and girls. Its frustrating because I would really like to give it a try. After gaming for over 25 years this is my first time applying for a beta test and I got accepted so Im kinda excited to see whats its all about. Please keep posting to keep my updated. Thanks in advance.

member_10774204
10th Apr 2013, 19:27
One more thing. Im assuming they want my user name for the square enix forums which is ISLAND3R (and i put that in) Plus I used the same password as I used to get onto this forums. And still its showing and invalid password or user name? No clue as to whats wrong!!

Vyuyu
10th Apr 2013, 19:36
Update: I can log in now. Instead of putting in my email address for SquareEnix ID I put in my username and it worked just fine. Try that and see if it works for you. Good luck!

Vospader
10th Apr 2013, 19:37
I had the same issue, but apparently its not the same ID/pass as you have on this website

member_10187486
10th Apr 2013, 19:47
ok im downloading the game now. Lots of trial and error but i guess 3rd password forget request works like a charm.

Yes the Square Enix website(Members Account) where you shop for games etc is not the same as the Square Enix Account. The "Square Enix account" is for people who have a Account ID for a game. I honestly forgot why I had an ID account but I have had a long history of gaming so.

So here's how I got it to work. One unless you have the App or the Keychain thing for One time Password, leave it blank. Yes it has the * next to it, makes it confusing.

Two: when I went to the forget my password area, The * next to your new password does not give you a new error when you leave out symbols. I did this once with just a number only and it went through but said my password was incorrect. The 3rd time I made sure to add a symbol and it was a go.

Also I noticed not checking the remember the ID box works oddly enough. I unchecked it on the website and to download the game and it works where as I had it checked and entered the correct password a few times to see if i was going crazy or just typing too fast lol.

Hope it helps! Maybe I'll get a cookie for everyone I get in to the downloading area. lol

member_10774204
10th Apr 2013, 21:41
I already changed my password and it works for the first part. Its just the second part that it wont accept for the FF forums. And to top it off, when it says wrong email or password there is no option the saying forgot my password.

bryson1990
10th Apr 2013, 21:53
what do you mean by 'square enix ID' what's my id? i don't use my email address and my password?

bryson1990
10th Apr 2013, 22:17
I can't even get on that account management system website. It says 'id or email address'

i put in my email, ansd my password, and it also says 'incorrect' how is that possible?

How can something that i'm using on another page be incorrect if i'm simultaenously logged in on the main page?

weird, how I can change my password just fine, but the second I actually try putting the account to use, they tell me it's incorrect

SEIRA
10th Apr 2013, 22:31
I'm having the same problem. I got a beta related email, username = same one from this site. Says email not registered,

but if that is the case - how did I get a beta weekend invite? so confused...

xuvalon121212
11th Apr 2013, 00:07
ok im downloading the game now. Lots of trial and error but i guess 3rd password forget request works like a charm.

Yes the Square Enix website(Members Account) where you shop for games etc is not the same as the Square Enix Account. The "Square Enix account" is for people who have a Account ID for a game. I honestly forgot why I had an ID account but I have had a long history of gaming so.

So here's how I got it to work. One unless you have the App or the Keychain thing for One time Password, leave it blank. Yes it has the * next to it, makes it confusing.

Two: when I went to the forget my password area, The * next to your new password does not give you a new error when you leave out symbols. I did this once with just a number only and it went through but said my password was incorrect. The 3rd time I made sure to add a symbol and it was a go.

Also I noticed not checking the remember the ID box works oddly enough. I unchecked it on the website and to download the game and it works where as I had it checked and entered the correct password a few times to see if i was going crazy or just typing too fast lol.

Hope it helps! Maybe I'll get a cookie for everyone I get in to the downloading area. lol

I can get in but still can't get to download the BETA. the maintenance page keeps showing up:-( DOES anyone know when maintenance will be over!?

bryson1990
11th Apr 2013, 15:18
stil not working.

i type in my 'sqare enix id' then my password. stil says 'invaid id or password'

AshleyMokona
11th Apr 2013, 15:28
My friend used his username and password instead of the email and got in, but it's not working for me either... TT^TT

Superjakeb
11th Apr 2013, 15:55
Same issue, I have tried everything. I find it hilarious that Square is trying to reinvent this game, but can't even get a simple password system correct. If this is any indication of the game, I am sure it will be as poor as the last.

Grimoire
11th Apr 2013, 16:08
[SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=495&la=1)

[SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1)

[SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] 310-846-0345

bryson1990
11th Apr 2013, 16:53
I've already tried customer service and I've done the steps they've told me. There is something interally wrong with the square enix system

I just tried this 5 minutes ago.

type in my ID and password.

says it's incorrect

I sucessfully change my password to soemthing else.

I go back and type in my Id and NEW passwod

still says it's incorrect

the ID i'm typing in came from square enix customer service, and I know the password i'm typing in is right, becuase I couldn't be on these forums if they werent, and I successfully changed it after proving my birthday and answer to my secret question

so if my id and password are correct, why is it telling me i'm wrong?

shagrazir
11th Apr 2013, 17:09
Same problem. My friend said they got in fine at 1700 hours EST. I tried at 1800hrs and got the incorrect ID/pw thing, just like everyone else.

Friend : "

[5:01:15 PM] Im also now able to log into square enix stuff
[5:01:39 PM] the capcha appears to have been fixed

"

member_10345707
11th Apr 2013, 19:17
[SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=495&la=1)

[SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1)

[SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] 310-846-0345

Phone support not supported.

Grimoire
12th Apr 2013, 02:46
I was informed of this only a few hours ago. Users will from now on be asked to contact customer service via the

[SQUARE ENIX Support Center] support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=f... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/?utm_source=footer)

Kayo1
5th Jun 2013, 09:34
(I know there is a similar thread but that one has to do with beta and trying to access different forums.)

Every morning, I try logging in, and every morning, my ID/Password dont work. Every morning, I have to reset the password to get in and be able to login and post.

Im 100% sure im typing it correctly. Why? Because I wrote down the password and reset it with that same exact password, every day (ive tried other passwords as well to make sure its not someone hacking me). The username is also correct because when I do the password reset, I type in the same exact username I try to log in with in the password recovery prompt and it gets sent to the correct email.

What gives?

This has been going on for over a week now. Not a big deal, im usually in the forums at work and other than the minor niusance of waiting 1-60 minutes for the password recovery email (every day!) ... its no big deal. However, I did preorder FFXIV:ARR Digital Collectors directly through SE (thats when I first signed up) and id like to avoid any unpleasantness when the Head Start begins on August 19th. Not to mention how itll probably just get increasingly annoying, specially when/if im just trying to play the game.

member_10409096
12th Jun 2013, 19:12
I just tried to log onto the Realm Reborn client to start patching for the beta this weekend, and when I tried to log on it told me my account had been temporarily locked. I attempted to reset my password as per instructed, and during the password reset, I cannot get a recovery question to be correct. I had some trouble logging into the site about 2 weeks ago, to preorder the full version of the game, and I feel that may be why. I tried to contact support through the support through support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1) but the result I got said to contact by pressing the "Additional Assistance" button at the bottom, but the button is not there. I just want to be able to play the beta, and the game when it comes out.

Grimoire
13th Jun 2013, 04:59
support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=496&la=1)

Did you select:
[Contact Category] Account/Billing
[Contact Sub-category] Additional Services

[Contact Details] Account Locked

?

If you still have issues, try a different browser.

member_10409096
13th Jun 2013, 16:29
Thank you very much, I have contacted support.

member_10484158
14th Jun 2013, 12:37
Hi guys,

I dont remember my password. I can log with facebook connect but in order to activate my ffxiv beta I have to login with my id/password. When I try to reset it, a message appears "Birthday is not valid", but that is false, my birthday is properly filled (I checked it in my profile).

kupzdeville
14th Jun 2013, 12:45
Yeah I Think Everyones Having Problems On That Part Too. On My Case, My Birthday Is Valid But My Security Question/Answer Is Always Wrong. Now I Got A Ticket Number For This Problem. Hopefully Ill Get A Response Before The Beta Ends Lol

Grimoire
14th Jun 2013, 14:48
Contact [FFXIV Customer Support] [/url][url="https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1"]support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?i... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1)

Mono
14th Jun 2013, 18:48
I have been trying to login to Square Enix account management and am being told repeatedly that my password/id is incorrect.
Well, I know for a fact that it's not as I was logged in earlier today with no problems, and I double checked that my spelling was correct and caps was not accidentally left on.
I even followed the link to change my account password, which was successful, until I tried logging in with the new password.
Still incorrect.
Anyone else having account login problems?
Perhaps it has something to do with high volumes of people logging in for beta?

xMrAnders0nx
14th Jun 2013, 19:11
I have been having the same problem, I changed my password a few times and it still wouldn't let me sign in.

xacute818
14th Jun 2013, 19:14
yup same here couple friends having the same issue

Mono
14th Jun 2013, 19:15
I actually went so far as creating a new account just now and everything went through just fine.
Went back to the top page to log in with said account..... incorrect password.
I bet log ins are just broken right now.
What a shame. All of my friends are having a blast in beta. I was really hoping to join them. :/

xMrAnders0nx
14th Jun 2013, 19:17
Yup I just did the same thing and same results from that.

zubin.ajjamada
14th Jun 2013, 21:01
-phew-

Just got the email in a fit of excitement I blasted through everything and was halted at this and was all sad after trying like 26 times... and yes think I changed my pw about 4-5 times till I ran out of ideas for passwords lol.

Good to know its an external problem and not internal (my fault).

=D

Mono
14th Jun 2013, 21:04
LOL and then I get this in my email:

Dear Valued Square Enix Customer,

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account.

The supposed suspicious activity was me trying over and over to log in! </pre>

http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

</pre>

spagetto
5th Jul 2013, 17:04
So after jumping through two hundred of these hoops required to get into the FFXIV: A Realm Reborn beta test, I seem to have two passwords that work for logging into this stupid Square-Enix garbage site.

I'm just curious if this happened to anyone else and what implications will this have on me. I literally have two different passwords that both work and are connected to the same account/email.

spagetto
5th Jul 2013, 17:10
Oh man oh man, now I click on the change password link and it brings me to my profile to update my information. I can't even change my password on this site? Hahahaha, hillarious **** man.

WakiMiko
16th Aug 2013, 21:18
I was in beta 3, so I was excited to here I could play today through the weekend. But I forgot my password. Which led to me trying to reset it. And to reset it, I need my security question/answer, which I also forgot. And support is closed on weekends. So please, if there's anyone on here who can reset my SqaureEnix SQ questions and answers, please help. If I need to post this on the actual forum, please inform me. Thanks for the help.

WakiMiko
16th Aug 2013, 23:11
Never mind, problem solved.

Intunecatul
22nd Aug 2013, 20:57
Hey guys,
Got the preorder key today and started to install the game first at work ( yeah, i can play a bit there :rasp: ) then got home and had to reset password for new IP in order to install the game... more problematic, at home i have two networks as none are very reliable so, yeah, two IP's... and let me guess, if i relog from work another change?
At least in other games they allowed you to set trusted IP's so you can play from diferent locations / computers... any clue how you can do that here?
Thanks

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 21:04
Yeah - it's a bit overkill in the overprotective SE "security" system. You can get the security token or the free smartphone app once you'll register the actual game to avoid this or "teach" SE all your common IPs and devices and it will not lock your account anymore once you've traversed them all ... had the same issue when joined the phase 3 beta but it all settled down now ... Next time you'll login from the same IP or device it will not bother you anymore unless indeed your ISP provides you with dynamic IP rather than fixed.

KisukeRPG
23rd Aug 2013, 20:57
Hey all,

I just bought my pc download from amazon and got the launcher and the codes ready but when I go to log into the launcher 1 of two things happens. Either it just says my ID or password is incorrect or it gives me this error code -2146697211 and just exits the launcher. I have changed my password twice now and copied my ID right from the square enix website so i'm not sure what to do. Any help?

Zilvereyes
23rd Aug 2013, 21:05
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account
Account ID taken from there ?

Damial
24th Aug 2013, 17:41
I've been trying for over an hour to log in to the game - I have my nickname, email address, Id, password - I have tried all variants of inputting these and I keep getting a message - PASSWORD INCORRECT - it's driving me nuts!!! any suggestions anyone?
:nut:

teala2
24th Aug 2013, 18:13
I'm having the same problem. I tried logging in on the PlayStation network, and I tried logging in on the computer site. At both sites I get the same negative response. What's worse is that I have to log in here with my email, and at PSN there isn't even enough room to fit my email on the ID line. It could be that the server is just temporarily overwhelmed. I just bought the expensive version of FF14 on PSN. I'm quite sure that they gave a date of Aug. 24, 5:00 AM as when the game could be accessed. Could just be a slight delay. Things do come up I suppose. But I certainly share your frustration.

noob45
25th Aug 2013, 18:33
The SE ID and the login ID for FFXIV are different. Go through the process for the "forgot your login ID" and it will send you the information to your email account. After you figure out what the ID is you can do the "retrieve password" process.

Hellpit21
26th Aug 2013, 14:03
Please help as i just register my account but i did not receive and OTP. Most of all i do not have a Security Token so i thought i would register thru Software Token but there no OTP and it can't be selected.

Please assist, do i really required to have any Token??

Stressy
26th Aug 2013, 14:25
no, just ignore the unique password :)

shadowsmokez
26th Aug 2013, 19:24
I really need help. I cannot login to the game anymore because it keeps saying my password is wrong. I checked my email because I went to reset my password because of it and I noticed an email there saying I had too many one-time password fail attempts (from me trying to keep logging in). I am using the Software Token app on my android phone. I've never had this problem before. I do not have my emergency removal key and cannot login to the SE Account Management to find it there because I need to login with the one time password for that too. I don't know what to do. It seems like one problem after another and I am really fed up and depressed with it all :( Please can someone help me. I have all the proof of purchase of the game, receipt, account creation, everything. I'm just so lost and its all confusing for me :(

shadowsmokez
26th Aug 2013, 19:28
*I didn't mention it above but I bought the Collectors edition of A realm reborn. (I have early access due to pre-ording) I've been playing the game most of the day but as soon as I logged out I've been having all these issues. I just want to get rid of the Software token key thing. I have the new one that came in the box of my CE and I'd be more than happy to use that to avoid this problem again.... Only this time ill be writing down the Emergency removal key, I should have done it in the beginning I know but I won't make that mistake now. I just want it fixed please. Its all so stressful :(

wpecor
26th Aug 2013, 20:10
Hi All,

I have just recently purchased Final Fantasy 14, however I am unable to register for the software token. I checked my account info and the game is in fact registered which I was able to do via the early access pre order code, however it is still telling me I can not access the feature until I have purchased and registered the game. Am I missing something, or is there some sort of latency with registration? Thanks for all your help!

shadowsmokez
26th Aug 2013, 20:27
Hi just an update: It has just worked out of the blue again, so weird! :S anyway Ive managed to take note of the emergency key removal now incase it happens in the future so I can remove it.

lantsw
27th Aug 2013, 01:14
On the SE account management page. I go to the one time password tab and when i try to select the option to set up the software token nothing happens. it says below it "You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code."

this makes no sense to me as i have registered the game already. it says so on the square enix website. FFXIV is registered to my SE account. :mad:

lantsw
27th Aug 2013, 03:12
I am having this exact same problem. It's very annoying. Please can someone help. Customer service is slow.

hangten1
27th Aug 2013, 06:02
hey ive been trying to purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn for a few days now but i keep getting this error

We are unable to process your request at this time. The customer support has already been informed about this situation and will get in touch with you if necessary. (Error ID: 5003)

chaben
27th Aug 2013, 19:38
So, Im trying to log in but I cant remember my password from 2010. When I try to make a new password I keep getting an error in the one-time password The entered password is invalid.
Passwords composed of only alphabetic characters, only numbers, or only symbols cannot be used. Passwords including the same three characters in a row cannot be used. I dont have that security token anymore and that message must be wrong for one-time passwords.
Any idea what to do?

jlawther
27th Aug 2013, 20:01
Last night I was successful logging into the game and played fine for a few hours. This morning my password was invalid and I cannot login.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg357/lawtherkid510/Invalid.jpg

LadroVerde
27th Aug 2013, 20:34
i just signed-up but i cant log in the game

jlawther
27th Aug 2013, 20:35
I was unable to login due to my password not matching. I did find out that entering your Username/ID and Password is all that is required to login. DO NOT USE the one time code when entering through the launcher. For some reason it does not recognize your information that way. Let me know if this works for you guys.

Parruna
27th Aug 2013, 20:54
Damn it worked... Cant believe it lol.

Thank you.

Lilleslem
27th Aug 2013, 21:41
It worked..... thank you, I was getting a little....annoyed!

Zenomorph
27th Aug 2013, 22:11
Nope didn't work for me, changed my password twice today to make sure still says invalid login whether I use the one time code or not. in the UK here CE as well, couldn't play the prepurhcase as was working, will try again after work tomorrow.

Neobahamut1985
29th Aug 2013, 17:41
Also ich hab das Problem nicht mit der ID eher mit dem einmaligen Passwort der sagt immer wieder das es falsch ist obwohl ich das zicht mal eingegeben habe ._.
also ich hab um 17 Uhr alles nochmal neu gemaht also ID so wie das einmalige Passwort.
dann hab ich 1 Stunde gewartet, wegen der Bearbeitung denke ich ma, aber jetzt sagt der das das einmalige Passwort falsch sei obwohl das richtig eingegeben wurde ._.

ich bitte um rat wo das Problem liegt :)

beNatural
29th Aug 2013, 18:31
Du musst Dich einloggen, ohne das Du den Token benutzt. Der Token wird erst in deinem Account freigeschaltet. Also ganz normal mit Email/ID + Passwort anmelden.

tthing
30th Aug 2013, 01:13
Hi everyone. Are you getting the message that says INVALID PASSWORD when you try logging after making your SE account? I might have a solution. If you just put in your password and leave your one-time password blank, you may be able to get in. This works for me but I'm not sure if it'll work for everyone else. I sure hope this helps somebody out there. Have a good day!

Zyfrit
30th Aug 2013, 14:57
Hi recently bought FF XIV and everything worked perfectly, but when you try logearme today I found a little problem my token software asks me to register again when I already had registered.
My problem is that I can not find the registration password and so I can not play

pardon my English but not my primary language

I hope prompt response thanks

Zyfrit
30th Aug 2013, 15:58
Also I can not change my password because I asked to use the software token,
on the customer service page I found information that can reset the token software but there is no link

Zyfrit
30th Aug 2013, 19:44
Hi recently bought FF XIV and everything worked perfectly, but when you try logearme today I found a little problem, my token software asks me to register again when I already had registered.
My problem is that I can not find the registration password and so I can not play.
try using the recovery system paswords but I can not change my password because I asked to use the software token,

on the customer service page I found information that you can reset the token software but there is no link

Arfster
31st Aug 2013, 01:41
So, my security token for FF14 just decided to reset itself, I got the app for it yesterday, working fine until tonight. Is anyone else having this problem? It's asking for another security pass, that won't accept my old one.

Arfster
31st Aug 2013, 12:08
Bumping, I'd like to get this answered. I enjoy the game, but this is ridiculous. And the support center is down til Tuesday more than likely. I understand launches are difficult, but I've never seen a launch as chaotic as this. Please, SE, just give us some answers so we can at least be not ignorant of what is going on, the 'news' on the lodestone is hardly helpful.

Jayle1911
31st Aug 2013, 13:01
Is that what happened? I'm having the same problem too. I used it last night and logged on np but when I tried today it's saying my pw is invalid.

Arfster
31st Aug 2013, 13:06
If you check the app store, many other people are having the same problem. I really wish someone from SE would address this, I'm not asking for a fix but at least acknowledge you know about this!!!!

Jayle1911
31st Aug 2013, 13:20
At play.google? I sent in a ticket so hopefully they'll have it figured out by Monday or Tuesday.

Arfster
31st Aug 2013, 13:26
Some people have had their tickets for a week now. I have a strong suspicion that this could go untouched for a while.

Arfster
31st Aug 2013, 14:00
I'm having the same problem, and many people on the app store are saying they're suffering from the same thing. Hopefully they'll respond to this soon.

Jayle1911
31st Aug 2013, 14:18
I can't even take it off, it's saying my emergency pw code is incorrect when it certainly isnt

YuriSensen
31st Aug 2013, 15:21
I can't even take it off, it's saying my emergency pw code is incorrect when it certainly isnt

If you can't reset the password, contact their customer support. That's all I can recommend.

Arfster
31st Aug 2013, 15:34
If you can't reset the password, contact their customer support. That's all I can recommend.

The problem is, you can only email the support, and most people have waited a week or more for responses.

Aringo
31st Aug 2013, 16:07
(I am french)

Hi i testing to login in the official site (the new). But i have this message: En raison d'un changement de vos paramètres de connexion ou d'une activité suspecte , l'accès * votre compte a temporairement été bloqué
Pour plus d'informations sur la restriction de connexion, veuillez vous référer * la page suivante :
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/lbfr

I go in the change password link but one error in password disposable prevents me to finish the validation of new password..... I dont have mail of this problem, what should I do?

Jayle1911
1st Sep 2013, 10:00
I've gotten a response via email from my ticket so hopefully in the next few days they can help me out

Arfster
1st Sep 2013, 13:08
I'm just skeptical it'll get solved, all I want is it taken off my account, but I have a feeling it'll be dismissed. I'd love to play the game again... sigh

Jayle1911
1st Sep 2013, 22:04
2 days ago I was able to log onto the FFXIV:Arr servers using my regular password as as well as the one-time pw app from SE on my phone. The following day, whenever I went in to type my one-time pw, it would say it was incorrect. I tried several different pw without any progress. Finally, when I attempted to remove the app from my account using the emergency pw, it said I had the wrong pw. Is there anyone else having this issue? I can't log in to my account or the game b/c of the issues with this app. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

FantasyGeorgeLai
2nd Sep 2013, 11:44
I duno if my issue is the same as u guys but when trying to login to the account management page (which we have to activate the 1 time password token) the login page already asking for the 1 time password which I haben even started and theres no way to login at all @_@ am I stupid or the person who's trying to make the login page is ? @_@

Aringo
3rd Sep 2013, 19:58
No reponse.... Where is the support?

Mesosneaky
4th Sep 2013, 01:11
The problem is, you can only email the support, and most people have waited a week or more for responses.

Wrong. You can call the support center 9AM-6PM PST at 858-790-7529. Helpful to go ahead and open a ticket via email support, though, so that when you call (and if you get through on the phone), you can reference the ticket number. It's just really hard to get through at the moment. Good luck!

Aringo
4th Sep 2013, 12:40
i have contact in phon is better of forum...

Legaccyy
4th Sep 2013, 18:28
I'm also having a problem with logging in. I already activated my game on my account, yet when I login to the patcher it tells me to enter a code. When I put in the code I got from you guys in my email. It tells me it's already registered.... Thus, I'm getting no where.

Arfster
5th Sep 2013, 10:54
Still no response from SE at all. I tried calling them with the number to get it sorted out, but it just kept hanging up before it rang. After that, I waited in the chat queue for about 2 hours to talk to someone, and when it was my turn they said no representatives can help me. I sent an email last week still with no response. I really enjoyed this game, but the lack of information and the fact I haven't seen one post from SE that there IS a problem with it just angers me. I bought this game with high hopes, but unless something is done VERY soon, there's no way I'll continue playing the game, even if my problem gets solved.

Zyfrit
5th Sep 2013, 14:30
up, still waiting for a response from customer servise

Zyfrit
5th Sep 2013, 14:30
up, still waiting for a response from customer servise

RhoneFyrce
5th Sep 2013, 17:35
If you remember your emergency password you can have the token unlinked. If you don't... you're in the same boat I am. (Meaning you're screwed.)

phreakcore
6th Sep 2013, 00:00
Hi recently bought FF XIV and everything worked perfectly, but when you try logearme today I found a little problem, my token software asks me to register again when I already had registered.
My problem is that I can not find the registration password and so I can not play.
try using the recovery system paswords but I can not change my password because I asked to use the software token,

on the customer service page I found information that you can reset the token software but there is no link

at less i wasnt the only one who had the same issue.

Tyrant006
7th Sep 2013, 22:53
I thought I was the only one that had this problem. I've dealt with customer support for these games so I won't stress out to much. Good luck to us all!

Arfster
8th Sep 2013, 12:36
Been over a week, and I've heard nothing. Can we please... just get a sign that SE knows about this? ANYTHING???

Kaosinme
8th Sep 2013, 19:01
Bought the collectors edition when it first game out. Played it for about a year and then quit when none of my friends would play it - couldn't handle all the issues. Anyway, I'm trying to recover my account to play ARR, but I've long since lost my security token. I have the original box with serial number. I think my I have my password, but I can't login w/o token and I can't unlink it without secret removal token password.

I've emailed support since beta in preparation to get my account recovered - each attempt ended with an automated response saying they'll contact me in 24 hrs. Never got contacted. Did this twice then gave up.

Then my friends start buying this game and keep telling me to try it again. So for the past week I've been on the chat channel multiple times, wait 1-2 hours each time, only to have my ticket cancelled when it was my turn. Every time I call phone support, it was busy. None of my emails get responded to.

I'm not surprised by the poor customer service as that's what I've come to expect, but seriously - bad support > no support, and no support is what I'm getting here.

Anyone know what I should do next? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arfster
8th Sep 2013, 19:13
I've recently downloaded the client, and I decided for extra security, I'd use the app security token. Well, it reset by itself, just randomly for reasons completely unknown to me. I decided to contact customer support... and I sent in an email over a week ago. I've tried calling, and I seem to never get through. I've tried to do the chat support, and again when I hit the 1 in queue, it tells me no one can help me. I'm just going to assume that there is no chat support, and they are just lying saying we'll ever talk to someone to help us. So now, I'm just waiting on the email as many others are, and some of the emails are getting deleted saying 'the upcoming patch will fix it' even though it doesn't address this issue AT ALL.

My suggestion? Either have the patience to wait for a million years for someone to actually decide to address it, or find another game. Because NO ONE is getting help for anything security token related. I'm very sorry.

LeTe_CL
10th Sep 2013, 01:46
Hi:
from the last days i cannot using the securoty token for Android for login to the Final Fantasy XIV game.

Also for this same problem i cannot login to the Website of final Fantasy XIV.

I buy the software and cannot login from any day i registererd the game, can login to some servers, create character but i cannot play for more of one hour.

QWhan i try to login twith the Security Token Software for Android give me the error "the time limit to enter your registration password has expired"

How i can login again to the Website if i cannot using the security Token software?

thanks

Shellybelly
10th Sep 2013, 16:45
I am having trouble getting my playonline viewer to accept the pass word. What could be wrong?

Norlac123
10th Sep 2013, 17:04
have u checked that its all properly inserted and case sensitive? and just so you know the FFXI section is part of "FINAL FANTASY VII-XII Forums" :)

Maphistos
11th Sep 2013, 19:25
Something went bad,i use token digits for login ,but its shows as i entered it wrong.
how i know its 1 time password thing>>when i log in at SE forums its see my ID and Password ,but when its asks for 1 time pw ..WRONG
So remove it or fix ASAP

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 07:41
Firstly I can hardly understand what you're actually saying, so are you using the software token on a smartphone? Have you registered the token on the SE account management site? Is it FFXIV you're trying to log in to?

Finally demanding to get it removed or fixed on these forums is going to do nothing because there is no-one here that would be able to fix technical problems. This is just a publisher forum for discussing Square-Enix products and not a tech support forum.

Maphistos
12th Sep 2013, 16:32
Yes,its ff 14!!I did activation on SE,it was just fine at 1st day but after i log out/turn pc down and returned from work at next day, and try log in using token thing..ta- da wrong password msg. Then i try enter it at se forum ID ok, PW ok , token digits....wrong>> so duno why my phone shows wrong numbers

Hippy_Pickle
13th Sep 2013, 07:49
Very strange indeed, I'm afraid this sound like you may need to speak to customer services. I've done a bit of research and this kind of problem can be caused by people selecting a different language on the software token than what is setup on their accounts, for example having United States on account and selecting United Kingdom on app.

You can remove the software from your account by force (for those that can't log in at all or have lost phones), follow the details from the SE support page http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=66690&ret=main&id=612&la=2

Hope this helps :)

lushy396
18th Sep 2013, 01:13
So I don't have access to my software token anymore (phone is broken) and I don't have my Emergency Removal Password. Can someone point me in the right direction and/or give me a number for customer service because I cant't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

mungming
20th Sep 2013, 02:46
I wanted to play with another computer then have got a problem with restriction log in. It bocked me to log in so I tried to reset my password.
I received a mail to update my password by clicking the following URL: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/updatePwd?id=3531826ee3f593265319b97b7f084dbd
I typed a new password, birthday, and secret question but it asked for one-time password. I used my Token(from version 1.0) but it didn't work.It said "The entered password is invalid. Passwords composed of only alphabetic characters, only numbers, or only symbols cannot be used. Passwords including the same three characters in a row cannot be used."

My Token shows only 6 numbers, but why it said that only numbers cannot be used?????

- Can I reset password witout one-time password?
- In case my Token did't work, how can I use my phone app for Token pw because i cannot log in for received registration pw? T_T

xifooix
24th Sep 2013, 04:05
Sooooo i download the game and apparently my password to my sq enix account is different from the one i login to the site with even with the same nickname and passwords... extremely confused flustered and about to punch my screen any help would be greatly appriciated.

TheRealKraggy
24th Sep 2013, 09:24
Okay, what do you mean by "login to the site"? Which site are you referring to?

If you mean the Square Enix Account web site then it most definitely IS the same name and password you need to log into the game.

STARK991
24th Sep 2013, 17:54
bonsoir,

voila j'ai acheter le jeu aujourd'hui
j'ai suivi a la lettre les étapes * suivre pour pouvoir y jouer.. (inscription a SE, code du boitier, création de compte etc...)
après le téléchargement de 2h -- je dois entrer mes donné, mais le message "mot de passe incorrecte" apparaît, j'ai essayé de le changer a plusieurs reprise sans effet.
je sais pus quoi faire HELP ME PLZ : Culte:

Shaaker
24th Sep 2013, 21:22
I am having the same problem. Why can I logon to the forum and complain about things, but I can't logon to the game client, download the game, or play it?

Also extremely confused and frustrated.

Zevigo
24th Sep 2013, 22:04
Same problem, no idea what's going on. And if that was annoying.. it doesn't compare to not being able to choose a server -.- [EU]

WolfofGray
25th Sep 2013, 00:01
Never understood why SE thought it would be a great idea to have 3+ websites with separate log in names and passwords to register and play one stinkin' game. Way to go SE! I don't think its quite murky enough yet, I suggest you add an additional 3 websites that we must register with prior to purchasing the game. Maybe then it will be a true goat rope cluster F****?

LacticThirteens
25th Sep 2013, 00:16
I have been gifted the game, but have to log in to mogstation, but it WILL NOT accept my square enix username/password, which i have changed to make sure its right. And the game client also wont accept my username/password so i cant put the game code in or download it. Really frustrated as my friends are downloading it already..

EDIT: Also cant log in to the support page, so im pretty much expecting a solution from here please.

firebird357
26th Sep 2013, 11:47
im trying to link my account and it tells me server not responding, then it tells me to go here sqex.to/x4w [11070] [500] well that does absolutlly nothing. please help i really want to play and have no idea why its not working.

neofito31
27th Sep 2013, 20:02
same issue here. what are our chances now?

Shotbox
27th Sep 2013, 21:58
Same thing with me, just bought the digital collectors edition earlier today and can't access game.

xhazardx
28th Sep 2013, 00:31
i bought the digital copy but never receive the registration code from email

StephenF
28th Sep 2013, 14:55
I've encountered the same problems. I finally rage-quit and re-installed the game on my PS3.

herrmus
28th Sep 2013, 18:31
i lost my password and now i cant even use the ******* password retrieval because apparently the answer to the secret question isnt enough they also want the fake random bull**** date of birth i entered because its none of their ******* business. GG **** you squareenix.

jabbywocks
28th Sep 2013, 19:13
If you're going to fill in fake answers that you won't remember, write them down somewhere. Not really SE's fault if they assumed you weren't going to lie about your birthdate.

Blackardin
29th Sep 2013, 20:22
Same as everyone else. They've charged me for the game, no registration code, can log in here but not the official site. Talk about ineptitude, for a silly game. Issuing stop payment in the morning.

ztrykers
29th Sep 2013, 20:25
I registers with sq enix using my steam acoount, but do not know what my sq enix id is, and it is definitely not my Steam information.. agree with comments above.. frustrating...

Blackardin
29th Sep 2013, 22:18
If I had to do it again, I would not buy this game on a weekend, especially until this particular issue is resolved. I feel it is currently an exercise in frustration and futility. I have, currently, 10 links saved as favorites in an attempt to decipher the game registration and login process. I've made it through all the challenges except to locate the illusive, alpha-numeric game code required to log on.

I've tested this with two credit cards and a debit card (I have begun issuing stop payments at this time). There have been an array of issues starting with the random addition of a numeric character to your, Enix name thus generating an error code when attempting to log in (you will find that buried in your first E-mail labeled, "Account registration complete"). Judging from the input on the message boards, that should save people a goodly amount of frustration.

The biggest issue could be a bug, but at this point is seems a great lack of communication. They do not have phone support at all (that I could find), and apparently no support on the weekends this close to launch(and this is what happens when there is none). The problem may be simple. I may have missed something, they may hold back sending codes out until after the weekend when they receive formal confirmation. Not sure on that but in my opinion, and what has been the standard that I've witnessed through a good amount of games over the years, is the log-in process equates to signing up with a credit card, receiving a confirmation e-mail, clicking a link to confirm, download and install game, enter alphanumeric code, play. This was a bit different. It was interesting playing around with it, but not when I'm looking forward to playing a game.

Hope that helps. Hope they get it fixed, but in light of a Hail Mary into the end-zone, I don't think I'll be back.

Hippy_Pickle2
30th Sep 2013, 07:41
Oh.... My..... Words..... cannot..... describe!!!

smoothrob
30th Sep 2013, 23:19
Would any support member like to chime in with some answers maybe?

Hippy_Pickle2
1st Oct 2013, 07:52
Would any support member like to chime in with some answers maybe?

There are no 'official' support members on these forums, any help given is from the joe public community. I'm afriad some issues can only be resolved by contacting customer services which I know is no simple task but alas this is the situation.

Clay51
3rd Oct 2013, 03:34
You are complaining over NOT remembering the fake info you put into your own account? And think somehow that SE is to blame?! Seriously?

Sorry pal, but this is 100% totally on you, not them. As someone else said, you should have at least wrote down the fake info you entered. This entire issue could have been easily avoided.

TheRealKraggy
3rd Oct 2013, 07:17
You know, Darwin was wrong, evolution isn't always the "survival of the fittest".

Goliath002
3rd Oct 2013, 08:52
HI
I want to change my security question and answer, but the problem is that I dont know my old question and answer, because my account was created in dec 2009, I want to buy and play FFIV but I need that info about my account.

I tried to search on the support center and there is one section that says:
-------------I forgot my security question/answer. What should I do?---------------------
Please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center by clicking on the Additional Assistance button located at the bottom of this knowledge base article.

ok so what I did is submit a ticket and I did not get any usefull answer this is what I got on my email

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

This email has been sent to notify you that your ticket was received and will be responded to within 2 business days (48 hours) of receipt.

As of August 30th 2013, users who had early access to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn are now required to register their game registration Code to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Mog Station at http://sqex.to/Mah in order to continue playing.

REGARDING INCORRECTLY REGISTERED SERVICE ACCOUNT:
If you have mistakenly registered FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to the wrong service account, please fill out this form at http://sqexa.to/jaG

If you have mistakenly registered FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to the wrong Square Enix ID, please fill out this form at https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=2481&la=1&ddxx=1

REGARDING DIGITAL PURCHASES FROM OUR ONLINE STORE:
If you have purchased the PC digital download of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Real Reborn from our online store and have not received your registration code by email, please log into www.findmyorder.com to retrieve your code.

REGARDING Error Code 1017:
If you are receiving the error code 1017 while trying to log into a world, that mean the world is currently full. We ask that you periodically trying to login again later. We understand this may be inconvenient, but rest assured we are making the necessary changes to improve our servers.

REGARDING SQUARE ENIX ID RECOVERIES:
If you need your Square Enix ID, please try logging in with your email address on the Square Enix Account Management page at http://sqex.to/Aio. After successfully logging in, your Square Enix ID will be listed at the top of the page. Please be aware that your email address must match the registered email address on the Square Enix account including case sensitivity.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket directly.

If your issue has already been resolved and you are no longer in need of support, the URL below will provide you with a "Cancel Ticket" option to close your open ticket.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/info.php?18695327-149d3844992147a9c1bcff8eaxc6ee9a-1862192-1

Please be advised that any e-mails sent to this address will not be answered.

so what now??
If I cancel my account I cant use this same Email to create a new one
if I change my primary email it asks for my question and answer (dont know it)

slothmanactual
4th Oct 2013, 04:28
im having the same problem, this is driving me crazy!!!, im trying to reset my password but cant because my one time pass generator is not giving me the right code or something.

sinpiedad
7th Oct 2013, 15:35
I have the same freakin problem, there is no where i can find a number to call, i tried mailing them but not any response yet. Just great that i just renewed a subscribtion for 60 days. This kinda sucks big time

Hippy_Pickle2
8th Oct 2013, 15:40
There is/has been a notice regarding the software token usage and account security on the launcher for weeks, it is important to read these as problems like this can be avoided easily. It also tells you about the emergency removal code during the setup process of the software token and the importance of writing this down but I guess people don't read instructions these days.

If you are in the UK you can call the customer support centre on 0844 7360595, and after verifying your account details they will remove the software token from your account. I don't have any other contact numbers for other regions and many people will say that these details are nowhere to be found online. If you have a physical copy of the game the contact centre number will be in the back of the manual, otherwise I'm afraid you will have to raise support tickets online or wait in the queue for live chat.

Kargoroth
13th Oct 2013, 16:37
Hey there.

I bought FFXIV 3 Days ago for my PS3.
i registered the account, connected it with my SOE account, and started playing....so far so good.
Next day, when i tried to login it said.."Wrong ID or Password"
Not being sure about that, coz i have about 4 different passwords...i tried one of the others...didn't work...then again i tried the right one...and was able to login...
Later that day, after a little Break i tried to login again....i've written down the RIGHT Password onto a small piece of paper on my table including the ID....same thing started again..."Wrong ID or Password" ....i tried the "Wring-Password-Thing" again...but i wasn't succesful this time....so i managed to get a new password for my ID via Email....and was able top play again...

Today morning.....same things again....i tried to login....wrong pass...blabla...
I tried a different one....nothing happened.....tried the wright one again....Able to login....

About an hour ago (before searching through LOADS of threads) I tried to login again...Wrong password etc.
i had to change Password AGAIN!!
ALthough i definately always used the same one from the beginning oO

Has anybody else had the same Problems i discovered?

I have to add...i also have the Game for my PC...bought it twice...because i didn't know if it was possible to simply change from PC to PS3 Version...and i NEVER had this Problem on my Computer so far....

Thanks for any help you could give about this issue..

Karogoroth

EDIT: I tried to log in with the new/old Password i just changed again....
Launcher STILL says....Wrong ID or Password....BUT i can log in to the Forums without a problem oO
I must say, i feel a little bit odd right now.....

OldAngryMan
16th Oct 2013, 23:41
After my first month was over I payed for premium and not a day later, while running Sunken Temple I got disconnected and upon trying to login I recieved the "Invalid username or password" message. So I change my password a couple times and nothing works.
I'd like my account to be locked down and investigated. Square Enix ID: Mallaboro

I don't have a phone and so can't call customer services and the hours in which talking to customer services is available, I'm at work.

miisterninja
18th Oct 2013, 01:16
Well I can get on my account using the password reset thing but I still don't know what my password is or my security password. Any ideas?

Shargas
26th Oct 2013, 20:17
It's been 5. 5 days I've waited to get an e-mail from SE support on FFXIV. Got the validation e-mail and everything.

First, my One-time password inexplicably didn't work anytime i tried to enter one into a sign-in. It had functioned fine the day before. Why this happened I have no idea. Sent an e-mail later this day about this issue.
Second, I uninstalled Software Token from my phone being a common troubleshoot is to uninstall and reinstall program/apps that aren't working. To do this i found out you need a "registration code". To get this code you need to able to get into your account. It's already been established I can't do that. So now, I'm in a spot where I can't even use my faulty One-time passwords because i uninstalled Software Token with no way of recovering it.
Third, the Emergency Removal Password. I don't know what step in setting up an account you even find it, but I missed it. Why it isn't sent to your e-mail I can't fathom, but nonetheless it's where I'm at: waiting for an e-mail that's 3 days late regarding a topic that isn't even relevant anymore (faulty One-time passwords).

I only hope I can bundle all the other things that I'm dealing with now into my e-mail back to them without an embarrassingly sluggish reaction 5 days later from their support. I can't claim to know what the burden on SE support department is, but surely they can prioritize something that is PROHIBITING ME FROM PLAYING THE GAME I PAYED FOR. I literally can not play the video game at all, account issue or not. That deserves attention.

Neobarbaric
1st Nov 2013, 20:14
Ok... I bought this game for PS3 and lover it throughout the free trial period.
The day the free trial ran out, I bought a subscription.
That same day I went to log in, and got the little box saying "Due to suspicious activity, your account has been locked, please check your email on how to change your password" ... or something close to that.
I got my email, followed the link, made a new password, and all was well.. until the next day. When it happened again. And the next day. And the next day. And on and on, right up to now.
I'm the ONLY one who plays this game. I'm the ONLY one who knows my password. This is pathetic.

I've sent in 3+ tickets using the wonderfully-hidden and maddening-to-use help system on the Enix site. Nothing. Not a peep.
Well, wait, I take that back.. they DID send me a survey asking how good the CS agent handled fixed my problem. Yea, they did.

It's a shame, this is my first try at a FF game, and I was really enjoying it, but this arrogance and ignorance shown by Enix is NOT how you run a business. I'm cancelling after my subscription runs out, IF I can actually navigate through the painfully good time of THAT process.

corpsicus7
5th Nov 2013, 09:59
ha the day i payed for play time they locked my account.

Crazycatgirl
9th Dec 2013, 10:54
so OK bought Final Fantasy XIV was really excited so I know that you need a Square Enix account and then another at the Mog station/lodestone thing but it will not notice any passwords i use. I have tried changing it but that doesn't work because the same thing happens. Now i did get one email that said my account name was this with a number attached I can get in here how ever do I just need to create a separate account even though it ask me to use this ID? Or maybe cancel this account? But if i do that will I need to re-buy the game because as far as money goes I don't have a lot. I know this sounds like i am an idiot but I'm not just a very confused girl at the moment and I really want to play if anyone knows please tell me or if a game developer knows what the problem is that would be even better if any read this. I have hope that fans will ban together and help another fan please I really don't want to beg. Thank you for any help and yes I know my password in case you wondered and it works here. Again thank you

Yersinia79
10th Dec 2013, 02:09
After almost tearing my hair out trying to figure out how even to type my username into the launcher to even install..
I found out it was actually one letter shorter than the one I did write ( for some reason it shows correctly on this page :\ )
Go here -->https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/info
-Use email as login name
-After login: At the middle of the page you should find your actual/current working ID
-Click "update Account information" on the left, fill in the blanks :>
-Click the Mog Station banner on top the >first page< (this will let you bypass the login on that page)
-Activate Account Service for FF XIV there

-Start Launcher use the username found on the first page, and your normal password :>

Not sure I missed something but at least installing now, hope this helps ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fix this SQUARE ENIX, buying and being able to play this game shouldn't be this hard.
Also why have so many different sites and tracking cookies, that suppose to be secure lol ?

RJLunima
13th Dec 2013, 01:11
I've tried all that and none of my passwords do not work (and I am using the PSN version aka PS3) of Final Fantasy XIV: ARR!! My account is tied to my square enix membership and beta version of the game. When I talked to Customer Service, they told me to provide information through email, however, when I did such, no response was ever given back on the information I needed to play the game. I've had the game since 12/5/2013 and its the collector's edition. I feel like I have been ripped off by SE due to how i've been treated, even after I helped beta test the game and link my SE account (both of them) to my PSN account. I feel like I have purchased a copy of a blank disk with their logo on it thanks to the recent activity between me and them. If the admin or any actual worker of SE can help me resolve this matter, I will not have to get a refund of the title (which I did not want to do). It has been well over 72 hours, so this issue needs to be fixed ASAP please!!

Xerathz
2nd Jan 2014, 07:09
I lost my phone and don't save Emergency Removal Password in my computer.

How should i do???

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Jan 2014, 13:54
I lost my phone and don't save Emergency Removal Password in my computer.

How should i do???

You need to contact customer service, there is no other solution. SE have even put up a notice on the games launcher about the importance of writing down the emergency removal code, which is something I've been telling people since the games launch.

GanjaFarmer210
22nd Feb 2014, 08:34
I downloaded Realm Reborn beta on ps4. I created an account and linked my steam/psn account to my square enix. I try to log in and it telling me my password is wrong.. then I refresh the page and im logged in... I try to log in again on Realm Reborn with my password and it doesnt work. there is also a one time password there.. wtf? click change password to my email and reset the password, then it tells me I dont have permission? WTF why is it so difficult to log and and create an account, This is the MOST DIFFICULT account creation I have ever experienced I have spend the past hour trying to reset passwords and get my log in to work WTF IS GOING ON

Shio_323
14th Mar 2014, 12:07
attempt to enter the game and when entering the password and token pass nome game recognizes it, try to change the password and the one time password box does not recognize me the numbers of software

Warboris
16th Mar 2014, 05:48
I don't know how to reproduce, but this is what happened:
yesterday afternoon, the app doesn't give me a code anymore, but gives me the language selection screen again, like when I'm registering for the first time. Luckily I still know the removal password, and use it to remove the extra security from my account.
I add it again a couple of minutes later, and everything works again.
This morning, the same problems happens again; I get the language screen again, and due to security measures on the side of square-enix, I'm not able to reset it for the next 16 hours.
( the code to activate the app is only valid for an hour; you have to wait 24 hours between requests for removing the token security from your account).

Anyone knows about problems with the app that I should know about?

Artume
19th Apr 2014, 00:49
I just purchased FF XIV created a square enix account. On ps4 went to Mog Station put in ID and password. It wants a one time password (secuity token). where to do I get that. Tried to log in with out the one time password but it won't let me. Even went to the FF XIV website to sign in and it says my account is not registered? WTF. What do I do and where to I put the game registration code?

Thank you all for taking the time to read and respond to my post

Seven_Suzaku
19th Apr 2014, 08:41
Before yesterday I had a fine gaming.
But now I can't log in the game. What wrong I don't know, because all was fine.
I'm sure about my log and password, and I thought that one-time password will be right.
But when I tried log in the game and input my data, launcher says - "The password entered is invalid. Please enter a valid password." I tried to log in several times, but all in vain.
Now I can't log in other site of Square because of this one-time password. It needs everywhere, except this one.
Also I received a letter from Square that input of one-time password is failed several times...
I knew it already and it's not helping.
What can I do? How can I restore my account?
Still think that Software Token on my android is defective or it's some lag...
I can't remove Token without an access to my account. And can't change my acc-password with wrong working Token. I had this Token because in my country IP-address is dynamic and my account often was blocked. I had no choice that inslall this Token... Only more problems! So it's impossible to play!
I wrote in support service already, but they don't answer on my questions or give me a new access...
Help, please! I payed for it at least.

Seven_Suzaku
19th Apr 2014, 16:18
I solved this problem. Thank you...

WildFire_93
19th Apr 2014, 19:22
how did you solve this? Having the same issue

Doug887
3rd May 2014, 19:00
Hi, I am able to log into my account using my web browser and logging in via facebook. But, I can't remember what my password is so I can't log into Final Fantasy XIV on my PS4. When I go and try to reset my password, the security questions keep saying I am giving the wrong answers, but I have tried like 100 iterations on all the possible security questions that I would have chosen. I called the phone support line this morning and was put on hold for 15 minutes before I decided to hang up. Can someone please just reset my password for me and send me the new password in an email or something? This is so ridiculous, I spent $40 downloading this stupid game from PS4 store yesterday and because of this account problem I havent even played the damn game yet!!!

Doug887
4th May 2014, 02:10
Hi, I am able to log into my account using my web browser and logging in via facebook. But, I can't remember what my password is so I can't log into Final Fantasy XIV on my PS4. When I go and try to reset my password on the web browser:mad:, the security questions keep saying I am giving the wrong answers, but I have tried like 100 iterations on all the possible security questions that I would have chosen. I called the phone support line this morning and was put on hold for 15 minutes before I decided to hang up. Can someone please just reset my password for me and send me the new password in an email or something? This is so ridiculous, I spent $40 downloading this stupid game from PS4 store yesterday and because of this account problem I havent even played the damn game yet!!!http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/mad.png

Doug887
4th May 2014, 19:57
So the ONLY way that I have been able to workaround this issue was 1) creating a brand new gmail account 2) using this new gmail account to register a completely new Square Enix ID 3) using this new ID to register final fantasy 14. WHAT A JOKE!!! OH also let me mention that the user name I registered was CHANGED BY THE COMPANY AFTER THE FACT. Yeah, they added the number 8 to the end of the user name that I had registered. That meant that I was forced to log in with the new email I created and only then did I realize that somehow in Square Enix's infinite wisdom they decided that my user name was better with an "8" tagged to the end of it. OFFICIALLY THE WORST COMPANY IN THE HISTORY OF TIME. As of now FF14 is loading on my ps4 so hopefully I will be able to play, 48 hours after buying the F-ing thing from the ps4 store.

DominAyden
6th May 2014, 21:43
Hey all

So i moved apartment and now it says that i need to reset my password because of new connection settings that it thinks are "suspicious". I tried doing that and i still get the same msg after logging in with the new password, maybe it's locked?

Pls help it's been a week and i'm going insane. :mad:

Thanks!
Dominayden :wave:

ps. Square Enix, pls do something soon about your customer support, it's been too long.

Hippy_Pickle
7th May 2014, 08:03
If you have a Android or ios smartphone you can set up the security token software which will stop this happening if you move locations. Just make sure to write down the emergency token removal code if you do because if the app goes wrong (or you lose your phone) this is the only way to remove it to get you access again.

DominAyden
7th May 2014, 18:39
Thanks but the problem is the app asks for a registration code, and i downloaded the game from the PS4 store and not sure where this code is....

Hippy_Pickle
8th May 2014, 07:22
Sorry, I should have gave more detail, you need to log in to your account via the SE account management website - https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account
Then just follow the instructions on setting up the one time password, this will give you a registration code. Once it is registered, log back in to the same site using your username/password and token and make a note of the emergency removal code :)

DominAyden
8th May 2014, 08:19
Under one time password, tried clicking "software token" to get started but it doesn't allow me to, a red caption under the button says:
* You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code.

:nut:

DominAyden
8th May 2014, 08:21
ps thanks a lot for the help...:thumb:

Hippy_Pickle
8th May 2014, 10:19
hmmmm that's rather strange. I take it you currently have an active subscription? If so can you click on the 'Mogstation' link on that site to view your subscription status? If everything looks ok then you may have to get in touch with SE customer services to see why you can't setup the token :(

NatteGrilleren
23rd May 2014, 00:58
I have tried to fix this since september 2013 buddy. Square Enix is the horror of the video game industry.

lesamuel
21st Jun 2014, 03:15
can't log into my account

Xx-Slayer-xX
30th Jun 2014, 02:58
Just got FF XIV ps4

Forgot my password went to change it
And it asked for my question
Is there anything i can do to change it??
Or at least see it?
Pls help ASAP

missvera
1st Jul 2014, 14:55
hi everyone...

like in the title, i changed my device but i don't remember The Emergency Removal Password for the previous software token

now i can't access to my Square Enix Account Management System, not to mention i can't log in and play the game :(

i went to the support center page but i couldn't find a solution for my problem...

so could anyone tell me a solution or if someone had their E-mail for customer services or the support center phone number in UK?!

i3moor
17th Jul 2014, 18:11
hello everyone

guys please I need help, I can't sign in to square enix website and FF XIV, I Pressed on forgot my password or ID and entered my e-mail, after that i received and e-mail telling me to change my password, it took me to the website, I entered all of my information and inserted my new password, then i pressed enter, after that it told me "The entered password is invalid.
Passwords composed of only alphabetic characters, only numbers, or only symbols cannot be used. Passwords including the same three characters in a row cannot be used.".

I can't find any solution in the internet please i need help as fast as possible.
Thanks for reading...

Marty_batman
18th Jul 2014, 11:46
hello everyone

guys please I need help, I can't sign in to square enix website and FF XIV, I Pressed on forgot my password or ID and entered my e-mail, after that i received and e-mail telling me to change my password, it took me to the website, I entered all of my information and inserted my new password, then i pressed enter, after that it told me "The entered password is invalid.
Passwords composed of only alphabetic characters, only numbers, or only symbols cannot be used. Passwords including the same three characters in a row cannot be used.".

I can't find any solution in the internet please i need help as fast as possible.
Thanks for reading...

hey,
im facing the same problem,i used to play last year and i decided to get back to ARR. I try to login but it asks me for username/pass - which i forgot. when i ask to change it, i get a confirmation code which i entere in client to change my password but it asks me for the one-time password (which i dont have/remember) if i want to get that password i get back to the login page and asks me login to see your one-time password!!! its the same thing over and over, running in circles.
I have the original serial number for the registered Software Token but it says its expired!!

If i want to create a new squire enix account, i cant register the product since its attached to the current account.

is this how playing video games is nowdays??? ive got the game and its product number but yet i cant play :) ..

i raised this issue to square support months ago but they didnt reply to me !! today i mailed them once again, with a new ticket number

what a let down SE

Flyersfan314
12th Aug 2014, 23:11
I am trying to log into my account on my PS4. I have my square enix email and password. But I do not have a one time password. I am trying to log into this page to get a one time password but I can not log into this page because it needs a one time password.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account

What the hell am I supposed to do? Why would SE make this so freaking hard.

squirrel149
28th Dec 2014, 19:55
Cant log in give me password is wrong after changing it still dosen't work

zefrenchtickler
8th Feb 2015, 19:19
So I recently decided to get back into FFXIV. Do the password/username reset thingy annnnd it doesn't work. I'm able to log into this site, with the same password/email but when it comes to retrieving my square enix ID, I can't get into THAT site.

Why would you make it so difficult? If you can reset your password you should be able to see your account ID.
Seriously halp, because this is frustrating.

ashimoon
5th Mar 2017, 22:31
After a curfuffle figuring out how to register my physical copy of Final Fantasy XIV to my PS4, which took nearly 2 hours already, I ... can't log in. I JUST made this account two hours ago, I know what email and password I used. However, it asked for my ID....? Well, I am not sure which name on my account is the ID so I tried every one with the password I used. Nothing worked...? I decided to simply change the password, which would allow me to log in with my email instead, but it asks me for a security question. I never set up a security question, and I can't find an option to do so ANYWHERE on the site or in my settings. Please help ASAP!! Thank you for your time.

Magic_User
30th Mar 2017, 18:27
I get the same error message others posted about 4 years ago...
User ID and Password Incorrect for FFXIV Online but still able to log into the Square Enix site just fine.
No game is worth this much grief just to try and play it.
What a load of crap.
BUYER BEWARE

Azizm9
25th Jan 2018, 23:09
excuse me for english because i do not speak english here is my problem i recorded my code Season Passet after what do we do not find how to download Season Passet ,,, ??