PDA

View Full Version : Help - Tips For Playing Tomb Raider

helpme
6th May 2004, 15:40
I know this question must have been asked many times but I will have to ask again. Sorry guys.

I have just started playing TR-The Angel Of Darkness and I am currently stuck in - Le Serpent Rouge. Where in Le Serpent Rouge can I find the item needed by the guy in Metro Cafe ?

I have reached the top of the building but can't find the item to proceed.

Experts, please help. Have been stuck for 2 days with nowhere to go !!:mad:

wibble
6th May 2004, 15:59
5 easy steps.

1 - Switch off console/PC.
2 - Remove game CD
3 - Place CD on floor.
4 - Raise foot above CD.
5 - Bludgeon CD with foot until you are rid of it's evil.

DaveJ
6th May 2004, 16:01
Try looking in the lighting system at the very top of the club.

There are controls to rotate them around the rig.

Invincible
7th May 2004, 01:13
This 1 is easy.......

get to the lighting booth,that's at the top of da Club, and pull the lever on the left TWICE to take the BROKEN lighting rig closer to that box.Now right 1 press ONCE,to make it go in that Box.Now make Lara go there and take it.

U can give it either to Bernand (the fat old man) or Pierre (the barman at Cafe Metro,or just ignore them and go to the Doorman but he also requires 800 franks with THE Trinket Box of course.

helpme
7th May 2004, 01:16
Hey guys,

Thanks for the advise.
Dave, I have reached the top but can't find my way to anything. Opened up a box with nothing inside, jumped here and there with nowhere to go!

Please let me know where should I be.

Thanks in advance.
;)

Invincible
7th May 2004, 01:19
Originally posted by helpme
Dave, I have reached the top but can't find my way to anything. Opened up a box with nothing inside, jumped here and there with nowhere to go!

I just told u where to go and what to do!! http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/weird-o.gif

helpme
7th May 2004, 01:22
Hey Inv,

Sorry man, didn't see your reply when I was sending that reply to Dave.

The booth you are saiyng, is it that room on the left at the top ? If yes, how in the world do I get there ?

Invincible
7th May 2004, 01:29
I knew something was up :D

Anywho,u need to have lower-body strength upgrade and u get that by kicking the drawbridge ,the hand icon appears just press action,and Lara says she's stronger.
The drawbridge is on the left side of the door u need to kick WHEN u get the upgrade,and that's the door to that BOOTH u need to go to press those levels to get that box.Whew. :cool:

U should have told your current location.......to exact,and what have u done before that etc........

Invincible
7th May 2004, 01:38
Here's a short description

Since i think,BTW you at least know where the box is where you'r trying to get that other thingy hehe,just turn left,and SLIDE but quickly JUMP to land on the other ledge,turn left, jump the gap and walk to the edge. Jump to grab the support beam ahead and traverse to the left. A pipe running along the top of the beam prevents Lara from pulling up right away, so traverse to the left until she can. Also look out for that yellow bar,it's her support and how long she can still hang on.

Go left and jump down to the ledge near the control room door.

And I've already told u what and where to go in previous reply,so u should have no more problems,I hope,hehe ;) :D

Passed it yet?!

helpme
7th May 2004, 01:47
Wow, looks like I am way behind.
I was at the ground floor of the club trying to enter a door and was denied saying I'll need a key. So, I started going to the upper floors. I took the 'light elevator' to the top floor where I am stuck at.

There is a room on the left and I am sure there's something in there. Am still trying to find my way there and then there's kind of a bridge linking to the said room. Then I jumped to the middle where there is a box with nothing inside.

That's where I am now. I don't get where the drawbridge is.
What next ?

Invincible
7th May 2004, 02:10
DO this when seeing that nothing is in that box:

Originally posted by Invincible
.......just turn left,and SLIDE but quickly JUMP to land on the other ledge,turn left, jump the gap and walk to the edge. Jump to grab the support beam ahead and traverse to the left. A pipe running along the top of the beam prevents Lara from pulling up right away, so traverse to the left until she can. Also look out for that yellow bar,it's her support and how long she can still hang on.

Go left and jump down to the ledge near the control room door.

helpme
7th May 2004, 02:15
Inv,

Good for you for putting up with me. The thing is I am not with the game now. Am working actually, so I'll need to be home tonight and see what I can do with all your tips.

If I still can't get it, prob I'll need to give up :p

Invincible
7th May 2004, 09:06
If I still can't get it, prob I'll need to give up :p

Well,THAT's the EASY part,so if you give up with a little problem like that then u wasted your money man,hehe :rolleyes: :D

Wait till you come up to that Ghost and Boaz.
When I played AOD for the 2nd time they took me 5mins. each ;) :cool:

Anyway,u can't work whole day,should make it home and started to play the damn game by now,eh........:)

helpme
7th May 2004, 16:20
Hey Inv,

Am back just about to start getting your tips into action and see what happens;)

helpme
7th May 2004, 16:55
i must have jumped a hundred times trying to get to the support beam but just fail miserably!!!!!
:confused: :confused:

Invincible
8th May 2004, 02:17
*sigh*

U WALK Lara 'till the end of the ledge ,and when she can't walk anymore which means she's at the END of it fo sure,just do JUMP-UP-ACTION,and she's gonna jump and grab it......
Jeeeez.....

:rolleyes: :D

helpme
8th May 2004, 02:58
I have tried that including running from the other end and jump with no result !!
There must be something wrong....

Invincible
8th May 2004, 04:38
Well that's STRANGE....

If i see a saved game in that part,I will take a screenshot and post it for ya,...

*checkin'*

Invincible
8th May 2004, 06:54
Don't have a save.The last 1 was at that old h*g,Madamouselle Carvier. And the 1 after that Louvre Galleriez.hehe,tough luck

U have to find the way yourself,and there is nothing to find out anyway,just damn JUMP-GRAB......:rolleyes:

helpme
8th May 2004, 16:55
hey thanks for the trouble man, guess what ? I have finally managed and now I am in St Aicard's Graveyard looking for something in order for Lara to be stronger to open a door.

Am still onto it may need your help again !;)
BTW, am playing TR on PS2.

Cheers.

Invincible
9th May 2004, 00:28
Am still onto it may need your help again !;)
BTW, am playing TR on PS2.

Well,THAT sayz a lot,hehe :D
And hope u found the door she has to break in order to get to Bouchard's Hideout.When you stand in front of the statue of that angel,few feet away is the door Lara has to kick.....

I see you'r neaR Louvre.It's an amazing level.Have fun!! http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/cheers.gif

helpme
9th May 2004, 11:09
ok. let me find the statue and will let you know when I find it or when I am stuck, again :p

helpme
9th May 2004, 15:05
ok, found the entrance to Buchard's hideout. Went through everything until Lara found this mutated guy lying on the bed. Went into a room talked to Buchard then he pulled out a gun and shot Lara dead !

What was Lara supposed to do in order not to get killed ?

:confused:

Invincible
10th May 2004, 06:23
What was Lara supposed to do in order not to get killed ?
:confused:

Well how about being NICER for a change,hehe.
U supposed to choose the thing like "Easy Bouchard.I lost that friend yesterday.Now I'm wanted for his murder."

Do you know what the game is about anyway,or r u just playing to see jiggley Lara's features,hehe http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/huuuuuuh.gif http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/beat.gif :rolleyes: :D

helpme
10th May 2004, 06:58
for a while I am wondering how can you be so precise in giving me hints. Are you playing the game at the same time ? :)

Will try and see how it goes:cool:

Invincible
10th May 2004, 10:34
for a while I am wondering how can you be so precise in giving me hints. Are you playing the game at the same time ?

No,I'm just a hardcore and obssesed TR gamer and fan,so that's all really,hehe ;) :D http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/yaaayjumpie.gif I pretty much remember everything and ANYthing in there (conversetions,corners,etc.)!!
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/goininsane.gif :p :D
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/mischevious.gif http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/no1inparticular/cheers.gif

AnUbIs985
10th May 2004, 13:39
Try lokking at stella's walkthrus on tombraiders.net

helpme
10th May 2004, 15:31
Well, whatever it is am glad you are around.

Ok, am now at the Lourve Pipes (something like that). Am still looking to turn off the last pipe. Think I missed out one in the first room (turned off 3).

Got to catch so sleep before I get on with it again tomorrow.
Cheers.

helpme
11th May 2004, 01:02
AnUbis,

Thanks for the information. Was looking for that website actually.

AnUbIs985
11th May 2004, 17:39
You've probably read it but I'll tell anyhow;you have to swim thru the opening at the bottom;follow the road,there are more pipes.:)
The lid closes if you've closed all the valves in the first area.