PDA

View Full Version : Corona troubles

John D.
28th Apr 2004, 15:08
I have this nice combat bot that shoots ball lightining. The projectile is a modified magic missle that has a spark effect attached to it. I tried putting a corona on the spark effect. When I test it in the game, the first shot gets some kind of 'height/width doesnt match texture error' and the corona looks like a crude square. But on subsequent shots, it's perfect! What's causing the first shot to not look right?:confused:

Yandros
28th Apr 2004, 15:50
I have no idea, but you may want to create a gaslamp or something in a blueroom that has the same corona on it (same bitmap etc.) and see if the bot works correctly.

John D.
29th Apr 2004, 13:39
Ok I made a lamp and put a corona on it, which worked fine. However when I ran to the far end of the map where the bot was, I still had the same problem with the first shot as before. Then I had an idea I made a Mechanist with one hit point (team set to good) and placed it in front of the bot so it would fire a few shots before I got to the area. When I arrived, the bot began shooting at me and there was no error! I guess when the level's ready, I'll stick those two in a blue room near the start so the first shot will be fired out of sight. Why it works out this way is anybody's guess, but the problem appears to be solved now! :D

R_Soul
29th Apr 2004, 19:26
Regarding the 'height/width doesnt match texture' error, are you using a custom texture for the corona?

If you are make sure the dimensions are powers of 2. You could have accidentally made one dimension 15 instead of 16 for example.

John D.
30th Apr 2004, 18:00
No, I'm not using any custom textures. Perhaps the fact the coronas are attached to moving objects might explain why the first shot doesnt work. But at least I've found one workaround.:)