PDA

View Full Version : Second Tomb Raider ride in Canada

Trinity34
26th Apr 2004, 23:35
The Best Of Hollywood Entertainment - Now Playing!

VAUGHAN, Ontario (March 23rd, 2004)- Paramount Canada's Wonderland is where the magic of the movies meets the thrills of a lifetime! New for 2004, Tomb Raider: The Ride - Canada's only flying coaster. All of the action of a roller coaster taken face first! Plus, check out the secrets behind movie making at Paramount's Magic of the Movies Live. Then visit with the stars at Meet the Nicktoons Live and the Scooby-Doo and Friends Meet and Greet. Park opens May 2nd, 2004

Tomb Raider: The Ride is inspired by the wildly popular Paramount Picture's Hollywood big-screen blockbuster films: Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, starring Academy Award winner Angelina Jolie as the daring and sexy adventurer. Actual film props from the famed landscapes of the motion pictures inspired the impressive design and thematic concepts of the ride.

Tomb Raider: The Ride begins with a journey through a foreboding ancient temple, mysterious chambers, engraved ruins and the debris of failed expeditions. As a sense of impending doom grows, and the realization that only seconds remain before certain calamity, budding adventurers are strapped into the only possible vehicle of escape. Immersed in the scenes from the motion picture's awe inspired surroundings the would-be adventurers are launched on the ride of their lives, soaring through the air in a spectacular flight, face first, with rolling inversions and high bank curves.

http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/i/3234.jpg

Pictures (http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/corpinfo.jsp)

Paramount Canada's Wonderland (http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/attractions_rides_featured.jsp?id=1310207)

:)

Deekman
27th Apr 2004, 12:06
They could have at least painted it with some kind of Tomb Raider like colors.
Blue and Orange?

Trinity34
27th Apr 2004, 21:36
Yes I know what you mean. I wonder if there will be any type of TR themeing at all. Maybe I could make a little call.... :)

Katie_Fleming
28th Apr 2004, 20:54
I'm going to Wonderland again next month so I'll have to try the ride out! I'm really disappointed though that they don't have any props, etc....the one in the states went all out!

Trinity34
28th Apr 2004, 21:42
Hi Katie.

If you look at picture 5 it shows some of the actual terracotta warriors from the Cradle of Life movie and a tent and probably some more stuff we can't see. Maybe when you go you could take some pictures? :D

Veronica Ma
28th Apr 2004, 23:30
Originally posted by Trinity34 Maybe when you go you could take some pictures? :DHi Trinity! I'll do the same. (good to see you again):D

Katie_Fleming
29th Apr 2004, 00:05
Ooh I didn't see that! That looks cool -- I will definently bring my camera to take pics :D :D :D The movie of the ride looks awesome too!

Katie_Fleming
29th Apr 2004, 21:57
I just read some stats about the ride....it only goes up to 41km/hr! Top Gun goes up to 90! (love that ride)

Trinity34
1st May 2004, 02:09
It might not be the fastest ride but it sure looks cool. :) Never been on a flying coaster.