PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Keybindings

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 12:54
Hey maybe you can answer this for me one of the things I didn't like about the game but maybe just was a lack of knowledge was keybindings I had to set them up everytime I created a new toon is there anyway in the game to like carry the lay out of one toon so each toon you don't have to go thru and reset keybindings everytime?

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 12:55
Hope you understand what I'm asking lol

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 12:58
Hey maybe you can answer this for me one of the things I didn't like about the game but maybe just was a lack of knowledge was keybindings I had to set them up everytime I created a new toon is there anyway in the game to like carry the lay out of one toon so each toon you don't have to go thru and reset keybindings everytime?

I don't know if this is possible. I honestly haven't checked if there is a profile for each toon (like world of warcraft, aion, swtor etc). I've only made 1 toon myself, since you can get all classes, jobs etc on the same toon.

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 12:59
ok thanks, was just curiouse I only made another toon cause was tired of playing a small guy and wanted to see another race. lol

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 13:20
ok thanks, was just curiouse I only made another toon cause was tired of playing a small guy and wanted to see another race. lol

I spent like 4 hours getting my character the way I wanted it :P. its all about "perfection". I do hate to redo toons hehe

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 13:25
I'm not 100% sure, but to my knowledge the key binds carry over. They seem to be a universal setting and not just character specific. I could be wrong but that's what I noticed.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 13:25
I take it you guys are PC right? I've gotta look into the whole keybinding stuff for the PS3 (I have mouse and keyboard).

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 13:27
OK I just know beta 4 everytime I made a toon same server I had to redo keybindings was annoying but easy just not fun to do them all over again lol.

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 13:28
I take it you guys are PC right? I've gotta look into the whole keybinding stuff for the PS3 (I have mouse and keyboard).

yeah PC. I cant handle PS3 :P

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 13:32
I can't afford a good PC, I'd love to have a good gaming rig but alas I'm a) Skint and b) a tight a$$ northerner lmao

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 13:35
I can't afford a good PC, I'd love to have a good gaming rig but alas I'm a) Skint and b) a tight a$$ northerner lmao

Same here Hippy I just took my old rig threw in a few new parts , processor, video card, more memory and have a whole new machine for pretty cheap.

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 13:36

If you on PC:

Go to C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn folder where *** is your login ID to computer.

You'll see there subfolders for each character you've created like this:

FFXIV_CHR004000174A4A5A47

Inside each folder are configuration files with extension .DAT
The one named KEYBIND.DAT holds keybind configuration for that particular character, others are MACRO and HOTBAR which might be interresting as well. You can try to copy those from one character to another to see if that works (haven't tested it myself yet though) preferably backing up the files from other folder(s) first just in case. Do NOT try to edit those files "manually" though lets say via Notepad - you're most likely to srew the content up.

To find out which character is which you can check the time stamp - the one with the most up to date time is the one you've played latest.

EDIT:

On PS3 you can backup your FF game save files to USB (both game and character data) and you'll find the similar folder structer there.

Each character data are in the separate folder with name like:

NPJB00453-CHR004000174A4352CD

and contains similar .DAT files. Again - you can try to swap those around but they might be not accepted if coppied to foled of another charater but it's certainly worth to try. Again - make backup before moving / overwriting any files.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 13:43
Same here Hippy I just took my old rig threw in a few new parts , processor, video card, more memory and have a whole new machine for pretty cheap.

I'd do that but it'd be like upgrading Jesus's PC lol