PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix - Nintendo

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 21:30
I have to say, it's nearly impossible to find a copy of KHCoM, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, or FFT:A. I finally saw FFV at my local used game store for $20 today, and I don't quite feel that compelled to get it as the rest of their GBA games were priced at around $5-7. Putting these five games (or at least four of them and leaving out FFIV since that's really had waaaaay too many releases lately) on the 3DS Virtual Console would be likely to net tons of downloads and nearly effortless money for SE. I know there's a lot of politicking involved with stuff like this and Nintendo hasn't officially added GBA games to the EShop VC yet (just the 10 Ambassador games), but having any one of these on the list when they launch GBA titles on the VC would most definitely put me in a Square-please-take-my-money mood, and I'm not the only one. These games, especially V and VI, are very much so desired by a large percentage of your fans, but yet in the cases of FFV and VI their best versions are the least available. I hope these wishes get heard by someone higher up the ladder and that we might eventually have some of the finest games GBA had to offer available to us again.

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 21:55
I'd like this for the fact that the Virtual Console selection is low on games in general, and I'd be more likely to purchase something Square Enix related anyway.

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 22:31
I feel like they're going to end up porting them and adding some things and then releasing them as full retail 3DS games, FFV and FFVI, anyways. SE is known to milk things for money, and they'd make more off them as full 3DS titles, rather than cheaper virtual console releases. That's my thoughts on it.

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 22:51
BUT those take time to do. They would make the most money by adding the GBA versions to the EShop, then coming out with the 3DS copies in a year or two. Suckers like me will definately buy them both ^^. Also, that's kinda what they did with FFIV, isn't it? Wasn't the PS1 FFIV on the PSN until they made FFIV:CC for the PSP?

Jackstin
24th Jun 2012, 05:26
BUT those take time to do. They would make the most money by adding the GBA versions to the EShop, then coming out with the 3DS copies in a year or two. Suckers like me will definately buy them both ^^. Also, that's kinda what they did with FFIV, isn't it? Wasn't the PS1 FFIV on the PSN until they made FFIV:CC for the PSP?

Well they can't release them soon anyway as Nintendo isn't ready to make GBA games official even though it almost certainly will happen.

They're still sticking to the line that the ambassador GBA games are exclusive and they have no plans for GBA VC.

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 10:51
Really? When did you hear that? I remember the Ambassador Program being all about getting these 20 games for free before they were available, not that they weren't going to be available.

member_10074094
24th Jun 2012, 14:17
Many of these and other GBA games get so pirated nowadays, that its unlikely would give up their free copies so they can buy one. The profit probably wouldn't be there... but it doesn't seem like it would be expensive to do anyways. I would like to play the 2d games instead of 3d remakes... I didn't like ff3 or ff4 for DS.

The FFanthology isn't a horrible option if you really want V or VI tho, I "got stuck" with this but I didn't mind to much, enjoyed the cutscenes they added. I'm assuming the GBA copies had extra bosses/dungeons but not the cutscenes (My FF:Dawn of Souls did exactly this) and I would want to pick them up just for that; I'm a sucker for extra bosses.

member_10768755
24th Jun 2012, 14:40
I still have my cartridges of FFIV and FFVI (or 2 and 3 as they where known back then) on the supernintendo. I also have the Playstation and GBA remakes. As things stand now, I seriously doubt I would shell out the money to buy these games a fourth time. With many people sharing the same opinion as myself, I find it extremely unlikely that Square Enix would put the resources into remakes of these games again.

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 17:56
^ I'm not talking about remaking them, just porting the GBA games I mentioned to the 3DS Virtual Console. I'm fairly certain that it would take an experianced coder less than a week to make all of these GBA games in the format needed to be played on the VC. Also, not many people are in your boat. With how hard these games are to find and how expensive they are if you do, a VC release would be cheaper on the consumer for getting them, and like I said: little to no work on SE's end. I'm not saying absolutely every FF fan (or KH fan for CoM) will buy them, but with all the cries on this board for 3DS remakes of V and VI a VC release would definitely generate a decent profit for SE.

Jailen, not only is an extra dungeon added in FFV Advanced but four new jobs as well. As I never finished FFVI Advanced I can't compare it, but I assume they added at least a bonus dungeon there as well. Also, I acknowledge that not everyone will be willing to purchase these, but I believe a large amount of SE fans, especially the ones that joined up after the GBA's age was done or never owned a GBA, would more than likely jump at the chance to buy them.

member_10074094
24th Jun 2012, 23:10
Then if I had a 3ds I would fully support this. And also a 2d remastered version of FF3. I didn't like ff3 but realized, after playing ff4 ds, it might have been that I just didn't like the DS remakes...

But now that I think on it, it would be cool if SE released a major collection of the first 6 games for ANY system, console or handheld, digital or hardcopy... they don't take a lot of disk space, it probably wouldn't be an issue fitting all 6 onto a ps3/360 disk. It would be cool and convenient for new and old players to have a collection like that... sorry if thats off topic. Just dreaming a little while I type.

Jackstin
25th Jun 2012, 05:19
Many of these and other GBA games get so pirated nowadays, that its unlikely would give up their free copies so they can buy one. The profit probably wouldn't be there... but it doesn't seem like it would be expensive to do anyways. I would like to play the 2d games instead of 3d remakes... I didn't like ff3 or ff4 for DS.

The FFanthology isn't a horrible option if you really want V or VI tho, I "got stuck" with this but I didn't mind to much, enjoyed the cutscenes they added. I'm assuming the GBA copies had extra bosses/dungeons but not the cutscenes (My FF:Dawn of Souls did exactly this) and I would want to pick them up just for that; I'm a sucker for extra bosses.

Its in the original announcement. NES ambassador games, coming for everyone, GBA ambassador games, no plans at all to release them. You'll have to trust me or look up any GBA ambassador thread on gamefaqs as I'm far too lazy.

If it makes you feel ay better I don't believe it for a minute. GBA games are sooo going to come to 3DS eventually, and there's no way they'd let Minish Cap and Mario Kart stay as free gifts.

All I am saying is that this is the official line, so don't expect anything soon, and until that line changed, we can't see any of these games on 3DS Vc.

LordRoto
27th Jun 2012, 09:06
DO THIS SQUENIX! I'd love a better translated DWM 1 and 2 and DW 1-3 on my 3DS. Please do it :O

iambasho777
4th Sep 2012, 15:22
Two months ago I compiled a list of all Square games on the PSN (if you missed it, please check it out and tell me if I missed any titles na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (/go/thread/view/139231/29244397/List_of_Square_games_on_PSN)). I would like to do the same for the Wii, DSi, and 3DS eShops but sadly only have access to 3DS eShop at the moment. Thus, the Wii shop is entirely from memory (and a wiki list) and have never accessed the DSi shop so I don't even know how it's layed out. I would greatly appreciate any and all help compiling this list!
Note that I only wish to list Square, Enix, or Square Enix games in this thread. If I accidentally list games produced by another company SE has since swallowed up, please let me know so I can remove it from the list.

Wii Shop Channel

Virtual Console
- Chrono Trigger (SNES)
- Final Fantasy I (NES)
- Final Fantasy II (actually FFIV, SNES)
- Final Fantasy III (actually FFVI, SNES)
- Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (SNES)
- Orge Battle: The March of the Black Queen (SNES)
- Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lore (N64)
- Secret of Mana (SNES)
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)

WiiWare
- Crystal Defenders
- Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord

DS Downloadable Demos
- None that I can remember

Other sections of the Wii Shop I'm forgetting? Please let me know so I can add them, even if there aren't any S/E/SE games in those sections.

DSi Shop

DSiWare
- Dragon Quest Wars

3DS eShop

DSiWare
- Dragon Quest Wars

Game Demos
- Heroes of Ruin
- Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
- Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

3DS Downloadable Games
- None as far as I can tell

Virtual Console
- None as far as I can tell

member_10027098
4th Sep 2012, 16:18
The names of the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles WiiWare titles are My Life as a King and My Life as a Darklord.

iambasho777
4th Sep 2012, 16:27
Thanks, added them in.

member_10027098
4th Sep 2012, 16:28
Also, Crystal Defenders is available for WiiWare (I forgot about that).

EDIT: Well, maybe it doesn't count. I don't think MSF/Winds is part of Square Enix development. It sure feels like a Square Enix-developed game though.

EDIT #2: I don't know if you are counting only games developed by Square Enix or also those by any of its subsidiaries, because if it's the former, then I don't think you could count the Ogre Battle games or ActRaiser. And the more I look at some of these games, the more confused I get as to whether they should or should not be counted. ^^;;

iambasho777
4th Sep 2012, 16:43
IIRC CC is a FF spin-off, so that gets added.

To be honest I'm not quite sure either lol. I'm just trying to avoid the more western style games like Eidos titles or stuff like Pony Friends 2 and Bust-a-Move Universe, and going for the more "typical" games we expect of SE. I would guess that the majority of the subsidiaries' games would fit in the list.

member_10027098
4th Sep 2012, 16:52
IIRC CC is a FF spin-off, so that gets added.

To be honest I'm not quite sure either lol. I'm just trying to avoid the more western style games like Eidos titles or stuff like Pony Friends 2 and Bust-a-Move Universe, and going for the more "typical" games we expect of SE. I would guess that the majority of the subsidiaries' games would fit in the list.

The Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games are developed by Square Enix, so they should certainly be listed. Some games aren't, like ActRaiser (Quintet), Ogre Battle (Quest), and King's Knight (Workss); they are only published by Square Enix. I'm not even sure if Workss exists anymore, and the status of Quintet is rather vague. So much confusion!

iambasho777
4th Sep 2012, 17:10
Ogre Battle was a precursor to the Tactics Ogre series, wasn't it? If so then it should stay, if not I'll take it down. I'll take down ActRaiser and King's Knight now.

member_10027098
4th Sep 2012, 17:14
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together was also developed by Quest. Square Enix owns Quest.

iambasho777
4th Sep 2012, 17:19
I kept that in my other list, so I guess I'll keep Ogre Battle in this one.

genoiscool
6th Oct 2012, 16:50
If any of you have played Super Mario Rpg,then you should know who he is, if not
then read this:

www.mariowiki.com/Geno (http://www.mariowiki.com/Geno)

He only appeared in one game(aside the cameo in Super Star Saga), and yet he became a fan favorite which led nintendo to have a desire to
put him in more games,but square is not letting them, HE WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE IN BRAWL,but square didnt let sakurai put him in.

Since Square Enix doesn't give a dang about Geno and Mallow, so what is the point of not letting nintendo have them.
I mean they allowed them to put Freakin Ninja,Black Mage, and White Mage in Mario Sports Mix!! They're not even Mario characters!!!!
So why the heck are they not allowing the use of any Super Mario Rpg content?Makes no sense to me.

member_10768539
13th Dec 2012, 09:24
i wouldn't say they don't care but it would be nice if they were in brawl. or if square and nintendo teamed up again to make another super mario rpg

DrakeAngels
14th Dec 2012, 01:42
If any of you have played Super Mario Rpg,then you should know who he is, if not
then read this:

www.mariowiki.com/Geno (http://www.mariowiki.com/Geno)

He only appeared in one game(aside the cameo in Super Star Saga), and yet he became a fan favorite which led nintendo to have a desire to
put him in more games,but square is not letting them, HE WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE IN BRAWL,but square didnt let sakurai put him in.

Since Square Enix doesn't give a dang about Geno and Mallow, so what is the point of not letting nintendo have them.
I mean they allowed them to put Freakin Ninja,Black Mage, and White Mage in Mario Sports Mix!! They're not even Mario characters!!!!
So why the heck are they not allowing the use of any Super Mario Rpg content?Makes no sense to me.

Well this may bring you some good news. I was talking to my local Nintendo Rep, a while back and they were dishing some dirt for the new Wii U systems games and new 3DS games, so i had to ask when and if they were going to make a new Smash Brothers. The rep had said they were currently in the development stages of the game. Also come to find out (this is your good news) Nintendo handed over the keys, or in plain english, entire control of the development of the new smash brothers game to the guy who was the lead game developer!!!!! So that may be an opening for some more third party characters (hint hint square) possibly Geno....... hate to say it but not so much in favor of Mallow. Side note he also mentioned that the lead developer had also teamed up with Namco ....... I just hope they can do the previous three justice.

member_10706996
17th Dec 2012, 11:47
I think it'll be interesting for Geno/Mallow to make an appearance again in future titles; whenever that might be. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was a pretty legendary/rare collaboration between Nintendo and Squaresoft and the game itself turned out to be fantastic.