PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Suggestions and Improvements

gfelagund-508096
12th Nov 2012, 00:45
swimming; i think they added jumping to the game, now i would like to see swimming. There are so many possibilites with swimming. Especially since one of the starting cities is on an island, and there are other adventures that could be taken place on the outer islands around Eorzea. Swimming would make it much easier to cross over lakes and rivers too.

make the game endless.. since it is a mmo, i believe that there should be no end to these types of games.. Live up to the game's title. It is a Final Fantasy, make the game have no final ending, its okay to have all these extremely complex missions towards the end game, and an initial final boss, but the quests and level building should continue on. IF i had a level 50 max character, and i am used to playing a certain character, i wouldn't want to delete the character and start all over, i would want to continue with the same character - atleast level cap characters at 99, like most ff games (if not all of ff games, except 11) People get to know certain characters, if not on a friend-friend basis, but as mentors who can teach noobs the ropes of how to play the game, i believe that once you get to this point people expect these types of players to be around to help in times of need, or just for information.

Lower the cost for play. People in general are struggling in this poor economy we live in today, not everyone can afford to pay 14.99 dollars a month, there should be discounted rates during certain times of the years, or if you are a player who has paid 14.99 dollars a month for 6 months, the other 6 months of the year should be half off, something like that. Or just don't charge for additional characters, or just plain and simple lower the cost. Yes it costs a lot to keep a game of this magnitude around, and it cost's alot of money during production of the game, but if you lowered the cost you would have many more people playing the game, and overall make more money in the long run. Granted the cost of the game will be 59.99 dollars, then you must pay 14.99 dollars a month, plus the additional character fee if people choose to have more than 1 character. Legacy status is still 9.99 dollars a month, i think that all players should be 9.99 dollars a month, with up to 3 characters; and legacy should be 5.99, with up to 8 characters (since there is 2 for each race) just a thought.

More races to the mix; the races in ffxiv are very similiar if not identical to the one's in ffxi - the people of the ff world want a change, mix it up. Like make the beast race available. There has to be some good beast's out there, besides the one's your killing all the time lol. Maybe make moogles available as a race; moogles have changed alot from ff to ff, there has to be some light and dark moogles out there. Maybe a dragonkin race, from the mountains not to far from the highlander's main city or from a far away island yet to be discovered around Eorzea, only available by airship. Maybe a halfling, gnome or dwarf race perhaps.

Make it so characters at a certain point of the game can have their own airship, customized by Cid of course :)

Expand world, allow for access to southern/northern isles, Garlean empire, and initial whole world map. There has to be more than one continent on the world, besides Eorzea. Maybe a floating city that only approaches during certain times of the year. Maybe a ghost ship that appears and dissappears on voyages between Limsa Lominsa and mainland. Maybe a bermude/devil's triangle type of place, that is totally upside down from the outside world. Maybe an underground fortress long forgotten in the highlands or some other place undiscovered until.. now... In order for gamer's not to lose interest, you have to expand their scenery.. make more opening cities, or more places for them to explore so they don't get bored that's all

If i think of more, i am sure to write more, hopefully someone reads this and is intrigued by my ideas as much as i am :) happy gaming

gfelagund-508096
12th Nov 2012, 01:03
let me correct myself, Eorzea is one section of a continent connected with the Garlean empire on the world of Hydaelyn. Aldenard is the name of the continent where Eorzea and the Garlean empire reside. So when it comes to adding more races and possible new places to explore, there should be more than enough room for expansion on these possibilites.

gfelagund-508096
12th Nov 2012, 03:00
Mounts - so far all i have seen are chocobo's and the occassional goobbue; when are we going to see more mounts, or colored chocobos? I would like to see a dragon mount personally, or a mechanized mount like the garlean empire seem to be prancing around on :)

FatSqueek
12th Nov 2012, 07:49
Free to play, eventually. I'd get it on my PS3 then.

saphirus_sama
12th Nov 2012, 08:30
Hye there: I think you are very certain in your sugestions. About myself, I'm a argentinian that needed tolearn english to play the games... anyway, i'll like to see again the colored chocobos, more raising them, and i think squere shpuld retrive some things thas leave in the p´s1 and forgot about, like vaGRANT STORY

gfelagund-508096
12th Nov 2012, 11:17
Free to play, eventually. I'd get it on my PS3 then.

With the money and resourses square-enix has put into re-releasing this game, i don't know if it will ever be a free-to-play mmo. That would be great, i would def play - for life i am sure lol - if that ever happened. This title of ff will make or break square, i believe that is why it will cost us so much money to play as well, granted without the ff series who would even know who square is. If they would only lower the cost of play for new players who have been waiting 2 years for the ps3 version to come out, or make it free for those who have been struggling through the whole process of change for the past 2 years on pc, that would be appropriate; but then again, it boils down to making money for square-enix, and not keeping fans

gfelagund-508096
12th Nov 2012, 11:19
Hye there: I think you are very certain in your sugestions. About myself, I'm a argentinian that needed tolearn english to play the games... anyway, i'll like to see again the colored chocobos, more raising them, and i think squere shpuld retrive some things thas leave in the p´s1 and forgot about, like vaGRANT STORY

Now that is what i call dedication.. learning english, so you can play american video games - i commend you my friend http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

scaedugenga
12th Nov 2012, 15:15
... I'd like to see more on what SE is going to do for us who got burned so badly on the original release.

That, however, is not a discussion for this thread. I think that swimming (and jumping, if it is not included already) are absolute musts. I think Chocobos are an awesome mount option, as they're so iconic to the Final Fantasy series, but I completely agree as well that there should be different mounts, as well.

I'd like the creation system to feel a little less like a chore, and more like a joy.

I'd like to se eactual solo-ability; In FFXI, I found that I never had a steady group of people to play with, and so my enjoyment of that game was severely hampered by not being able to do very much in a scale short of geologic. I experienced much of the same difficulty in FFXIV; there came a point where unless you had built -painfully- specifically, you just couldn't get very far without a group to play with. I'm not asking to be able to solo Bahamut, but it would be nice to know that I don't -have- to have someone to play with just to get around a bend in the river, as it were.

I'd like the game to feel like Final Fantasy, not just 'How can we hop on the MMO gravy train?'

Oh, and I'd like to be able to change my displayed name... But I can probably do that, if I look for it in Account settings...

gfelagund-508096
12th Nov 2012, 15:59
... I'd like to see more on what SE is going to do for us who got burned so badly on the original release.

That, however, is not a discussion for this thread. I think that swimming (and jumping, if it is not included already) are absolute musts. I think Chocobos are an awesome mount option, as they're so iconic to the Final Fantasy series, but I completely agree as well that there should be different mounts, as well.

I'd like the creation system to feel a little less like a chore, and more like a joy.

I'd like to se eactual solo-ability; In FFXI, I found that I never had a steady group of people to play with, and so my enjoyment of that game was severely hampered by not being able to do very much in a scale short of geologic. I experienced much of the same difficulty in FFXIV; there came a point where unless you had built -painfully- specifically, you just couldn't get very far without a group to play with. I'm not asking to be able to solo Bahamut, but it would be nice to know that I don't -have- to have someone to play with just to get around a bend in the river, as it were.

I'd like the game to feel like Final Fantasy, not just 'How can we hop on the MMO gravy train?'

Oh, and I'd like to be able to change my displayed name... But I can probably do that, if I look for it in Account settings...

very good points. Finding a good team sometimes feels like a chore in itself, so being able to solo through most of the general level building and quests should be a must (exception on major bosses; ie. Bahamat). Joining a good linkshell should give the opportunity to find good parties to play with, and there are meeting points throughout the land of Eorzea, via City centrals, and forts. I saw on one website that on average it will take the average player 400 hours to complete one job from start to finish. That isn't a bad guess for one job, since there are so many jobs to work at. But is this solo, or in a party. I believe that it wouldn't take you as long in a party, but once your up in levels, it becomes much more harder to advance, especially if you want the high grade armor and weapons, and want to complete the advanced leve quests and other quests. So finding a good party is essential and necessary.

I believe they already added jumping for a Realm reborn. There are videos that should jumping, but not sure if jumping will be a button you push to use, or just over fences and ledges.

Chocobos as mounts have been a common mount throughout most ff games; but i liked the ability to raise different types of chocobos like in final fantasy 11, and i believe you could also get different type chocobos in 7 also. Different types of mounts will add a variety to the game, and will include more intensive quests in order to get these mounts. A more advanced mount, for example a dragon, you may have to be a high level character in order to get. Also, certain mounts could be class specific.

gfelagund-508096
20th Nov 2012, 18:32
Eventually i would like to see a job/class system like final fantasy v - a job/class system like this would bring variety to the population.. i am sure i am going to get tired of seeing tons people who choose the same class, since i am sure one will be better than the other some how...

Arietta
21st Nov 2012, 11:02
i would like to see square-Enix apologise to there fans by making FF14 free to play the game flopped once already then it got delayed but square-Enix wont do that because they dont care what there fans want

square-Enix should seriously listen to there character Nel Zelphyrs win quote "Only death awaits the over confident remember that" and yes square-Enix is over confident and reliant on the name final fantasy yes it may 1 day become known as the death of square-Enix instead of the savior of squaresoft

id also like 2 see a demo of versus 13 come with FF14 but seeing as how square-Enix cant make any real progress in 7 years id say death is there future

CyberOliver
22nd Nov 2012, 09:44
Hello! I would like to see hidden bosses with high hp values and powerful spells! I would like the game not to be so expensive to play online and the servers to be as active as possible, i'd love to play ff online for the first time!

LennethLionK3
22nd Nov 2012, 15:31
My only experience with a pay to play mmo was with FFXI. I've played many other free to play mmo's. Nearly every free to play game I have come across is littered with RMT, is unbalanced due to microtransactions, and is very low grade. The reason free to play is so popular is because investors give money to smaller companies to make these games. They see it's popularity and money making potential, and usually do not care about its fanbase. Companies pour the money invested to them into the game. Investors typically want a return as fast as possible on there investment, so the game is usually rushed, then to maximize profit on a crappy game, they make it free to play with microtransactions. Getting as many people into the game as they can, because its free, which creates unbalance in the game due to microtransactions. This coupled with RMT and a predictable economic crisis, all feed one another. And also feeds the company the money they need to satisfy their investors and make some coin of their own.

While a small few of these free to play games find some kind of balance to create a decent game, they will never shed some the problems free to play mmo's will always have, and they will never be as good as a well developed pay to play game made by a company that does not depend on investors to provide for them.

While RMT has been a problem in FFXI, it has been limited to a very small percent of the playerbase overtime, and with the lessons learned from the earlier years of FFXI, FFXIV should have a model for limiting RMT. Also paying for a game will hurt RMT's bottom line, so with careful planning and a quick hand, RMT should be much less of a problem in a pay to play FFXIV than it would be in a free to play model. Not to mention the equality of content to all players in a pay to play model versus free to play.

So with all that being said... I want to see the pay to play model that is planned to exist. I love how Yoshi-P interacts with the fanbase, and takes suggestions from the playerbase. All I want to see in FFXIV is a company and team that takes pride in thier product and perfects it to thier best ability using every reliable resource possible.

p.s. I want Viera!!!

gfelagund-508096
27th Nov 2012, 20:34
i would like to see square-Enix apologise to there fans by making FF14 free to play the game flopped once already then it got delayed but square-Enix wont do that because they dont care what there fans want

square-Enix should seriously listen to there character Nel Zelphyrs win quote "Only death awaits the over confident remember that" and yes square-Enix is over confident and reliant on the name final fantasy yes it may 1 day become known as the death of square-Enix instead of the savior of squaresoft

id also like 2 see a demo of versus 13 come with FF14 but seeing as how square-Enix cant make any real progress in 7 years id say death is there future

Nel .. my fav character on Star Ocean .. gotta love her http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

I agree totally with what you have to say - ffxiv should be free to play - especially after the origianl ffxiv flopped, and the ps3 version has been put off for over 2 years now.. free to play would be awesome; they could implement a square store, where you buy armor/weapons/items/mounts with real money like other mmo's, but that would be too easy wouldn't it. Plus the real money tranfer stores that other mmo's have implemented to keep from charging a monthy fee isn't a good turnover, when most people just play for free and never buy those items. Or they could be very greedy, and charge a monthly fee plus have a real money transfer store (lol - not). It basically boils down to this - se have invested a lot of money into ffxiv a realm reborn; and they want a return investment without the consideration of what their fans want. But if you want to see new quests, mounts, area's to explore, ect ect.. then we all have to pay for that to ever happen in the future unfortunately

gfelagund-508096
27th Nov 2012, 21:15
My only experience with a pay to play mmo was with FFXI. I've played many other free to play mmo's. Nearly every free to play game I have come across is littered with RMT, is unbalanced due to microtransactions, and is very low grade. The reason free to play is so popular is because investors give money to smaller companies to make these games. They see it's popularity and money making potential, and usually do not care about its fanbase. Companies pour the money invested to them into the game. Investors typically want a return as fast as possible on there investment, so the game is usually rushed, then to maximize profit on a crappy game, they make it free to play with microtransactions. Getting as many people into the game as they can, because its free, which creates unbalance in the game due to microtransactions. This coupled with RMT and a predictable economic crisis, all feed one another. And also feeds the company the money they need to satisfy their investors and make some coin of their own.

While a small few of these free to play games find some kind of balance to create a decent game, they will never shed some the problems free to play mmo's will always have, and they will never be as good as a well developed pay to play game made by a company that does not depend on investors to provide for them.

While RMT has been a problem in FFXI, it has been limited to a very small percent of the playerbase overtime, and with the lessons learned from the earlier years of FFXI, FFXIV should have a model for limiting RMT. Also paying for a game will hurt RMT's bottom line, so with careful planning and a quick hand, RMT should be much less of a problem in a pay to play FFXIV than it would be in a free to play model. Not to mention the equality of content to all players in a pay to play model versus free to play.

So with all that being said... I want to see the pay to play model that is planned to exist. I love how Yoshi-P interacts with the fanbase, and takes suggestions from the playerbase. All I want to see in FFXIV is a company and team that takes pride in thier product and perfects it to thier best ability using every reliable resource possible.

p.s. I want Viera!!!

good points; i don't feel that a free to play final fantasy would work either; even though it would be nice. I would like to see a reduced monthly fee for it though, 14.99 for basic service a month is a little high, the 9.99 fee for legacy players is nice; and should be about what everyone should be paying for basic service. I also feel that players who have been waiting for 2 years for the ps3 version to come out should get an extended free trial after the release next year.

I don't believe in the RMT system. The pay to play method is fine with me. I would like to see more things added later on, so paying to play is the way to go, RMT just doesn't bring enough income in to allow these things to happen eventually. Most of the time people just play for free and never buy useless items from RMT stores implemented in-game anyways.

Viera would be cool, isn't that an Ivalice race though? I wonder if they are going to cross over other ff races for this ff - if that is the case i would like to see some Gria, Nu Mou, Bangaa, Seeq, Aegyl, Urutan-Yensa, and Garif to name a few http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

LennethLionK3
1st Dec 2012, 00:47
Actually when I said RMT I was refering to illegal gilsellers. Always used to called them RMT in FFXI.

I wouldnt want 50 races, lol... that's overboard. Wouldnt mind seeing a Gunblade weilding class.

Leaferian-379423
1st Dec 2012, 02:16
I would certainly love to be able to play as the Aegyl, and I wouldn't say no to some interesting beast races. However, BEFORE any of that I'm going to need to see what the new character creation is like. I would really like full control over eye color (be able to change both seperately, as well as have more color options), more nose and eye shape options, and the ability to change musculature by body part/section instead of on the whole. Also, I would really like it men also had the option to change chest/backside size. I'm really tired of games, especially MMOs, adding fanservicey features for people to make impossibly big-breasted women but not affording the same options to male character creation.

I would also like to see more weapon types. Gunblade-using classes would be cool, although they might be a bit too techy right now. Maybe have it occur later, after more machina has made its way into Eorza. I think it would be cool if eventually, the players could choose to be from the Garlean Empire and access unique classes, abilities, weapons, mounts, and even races. Maybe make it so you can 'earn' these country-specific things to be used on your account no matter where you choose to live. Make it require high level missions, possibly the kind you need a party to finish or even get to, in order to keep the number overall lower.

I would also really appreciate it if Square didn't add any more gender-specific races. I'm glad they removed the restrictions on Highlanders, Miqo'te, and Roegadyn, and hopefully they won't go the same route ever again. On the subject of of referential/cross-game species, I would REALLY like it if they made a Star Ocean reference and brought the Vendeeni or something like them in. I'd love to play as shark people, and they could even have a bonus to swimming (if they were to add that, which I think they should). The Yukes, Selkies, Clavat, and Lilties from Crystal Chronicles would also be a great addition.

The Yukes especially, they are a very unique race.

Devers
9th Jan 2013, 15:27
Just wondering if there is a section where ideas towards the development of the game will be considered by SE?

Similar to ANet and Guild Wars 2 idea suggestions they had on their forum.

Popcicle
9th Jan 2013, 19:13
Here is fine, but your best bet would be to get involved with our Beta: entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na (http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na)

KnightValor
16th Jan 2013, 15:00
it would be awesome if there were more transportation options other than chocobo, i mean horses exist too in final fantasy, and in one of the talks with the creators he said he would consider flying.

KnightValor
23rd Jan 2013, 12:25
Im just posting some creative ideas, that I think may make FFXIV RR better, I dont mind hearing your opinions even if you refute mine but i just want to put them out there.

1) Flight- Im not sure what video I saw, but at a game show the makers of ffxiv said flight may be a future add on when the game comes out, personally I think it would be great, they can even make like an expansion, like a sky city or something and maybe flying chocobos, maybe there can be boss fights only if you have a flying ability, or even to make a quick get away from being on low health.

2) Arena attack/heal boosts- Let say Your in a dungeon with fire all around, then why not fire attacks do double damage, and in a water dungeon healing becomes twice as effective? Or possibly a completly hard arene that halves everything you do (would be a good challenge for better rewards)

3) Cursed items- Since there will be beast tamers in RR then maybe they could make items for them to transform in one of their pets, lets say either a behemoth or werewolf they can momentarily change and have stat boosts for a limited time, or even transform in to boss's for a limit break, it would be sweet to have a odin/leviathin/ifrit transformation for a limit break

4)Synchronized attacks- Only one person would need one, and when he activates it he can choose who he wants to do it with, and when they both agree (it may happen more quickly than it sounds) then there could be like a double damage attack.

5) Guns- {DONT CRUCIFY ME FOR THIS} I think its fair to add the weapon to the game because in the trailer they showed the enemy has that weapon already, although I wouldnt want this to be added I wouldnt mind because with what guns and magic can do they can prove useful.

6) Original Weapons from other final fantasy games- I just love this idea, having Squalls gun blade, Tidus's blade, sephiroths blade or even clouds blade would be awesome, I mean they just have to look the same not be called the same since it is a different FF. I know this one can cause problems but still I want it.

Please tell me what you think of my ideas, and tell me what you would like to see in FFXIV RR, I would love to see other peoples ideas.

Goma999
23rd Jan 2013, 15:00
Im just posting some creative ideas, that I think may make FFXIV RR better, I dont mind hearing your opinions even if you refute mine but i just want to put them out there.

1) Flight- Im not sure what video I saw, but at a game show the makers of ffxiv said flight may be a future add on when the game comes out, personally I think it would be great, they can even make like an expansion, like a sky city or something and maybe flying chocobos, maybe there can be boss fights only if you have a flying ability, or even to make a quick get away from being on low health.

2) Arena attack/heal boosts- Let say Your in a dungeon with fire all around, then why not fire attacks do double damage, and in a water dungeon healing becomes twice as effective? Or possibly a completly hard arene that halves everything you do (would be a good challenge for better rewards)

3) Cursed items- Since there will be beast tamers in RR then maybe they could make items for them to transform in one of their pets, lets say either a behemoth or werewolf they can momentarily change and have stat boosts for a limited time, or even transform in to boss's for a limit break, it would be sweet to have a odin/leviathin/ifrit transformation for a limit break

4)Synchronized attacks- Only one person would need one, and when he activates it he can choose who he wants to do it with, and when they both agree (it may happen more quickly than it sounds) then there could be like a double damage attack.

5) Guns- {DONT CRUCIFY ME FOR THIS} I think its fair to add the weapon to the game because in the trailer they showed the enemy has that weapon already, although I wouldnt want this to be added I wouldnt mind because with what guns and magic can do they can prove useful.

6) Original Weapons from other final fantasy games- I just love this idea, having Squalls gun blade, Tidus's blade, sephiroths blade or even clouds blade would be awesome, I mean they just have to look the same not be called the same since it is a different FF. I know this one can cause problems but still I want it.

Please tell me what you think of my ideas, and tell me what you would like to see in FFXIV RR, I would love to see other peoples ideas.

1. yoshi - p said that flying mount's will be possible in the near future. staring with a Ahriman, then after maybe a dragon. he said most likely it be in a add on expention or so.

2. there will be a arena or a place where you can pvp or face of monsters from the FF series, that we come to know and love but this is still in the works.

3. as for pet's there only be a classes for that sorta thing as for now it's arcanist/summoner and for beastmaster still in the works.

4. not sure what you mean by this but seem's like a class that would do dot/

5. for weapons in XIV it be only a class or a job for that sorta thing. armory system hasent change, so whatever you euip a weapon or tool you be that class or crafter or lander.

6. gunblades something like alike that only the garlean emipred has that sorta stuff and there's no word weather or not there be famouse weapons from other FF series of the main characters.

KnightValor
23rd Jan 2013, 16:51
I hear You, I wouldnt mind riding a dragon/Bahamut or even a behemoth instead of chocobo, it would be so sweet

I would love to see special arenas or special dungeons, an interactive environment would be nice, they have the day and night setting, i would love to see some raining with random lightning striking people at random http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

Another thing I forgot were, cross weapons, im not talking about bow and sword because thats not realistic, but dual blades, staff and sorcerers weapon, or sword and sorcerer weapons would be a cool cross

Vincent_97
4th May 2013, 17:47
I know that split screen would never work for PC, but as long as they're making FFXIV on PS3, don't you think they should try to incorporate it. It may be difficult for the systems, but it could be possible to make it easy on the servers. For example, the two players would have to do the same missions at the same time, or must stay in the same area together. Iknow it might be weird, but there are those of us who actually like to play split-screen with our siblings.
If you have any complaints, please leave them out, but if you're trying to explain something about how this may or may not work, feel free to post. I want to see if we could maybe get the producers' attention so they could look into this.

member_10478113
4th May 2013, 21:12
i don't think it will be that simple because its a online game, to implement a split screen would be un herd of. you would use two accounts one user can only be signed in on the ps3 so it would be impossible unless they build it like diablos or fable i don't think it would work with this type of style of game. i wish it was be able to only buy the game once and play it together with my brother and only have to pay for the accounts for the game.

Vincent_97
5th May 2013, 20:15
I understand this, but Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is able to run with two accounts online, split screen, so it's possible for FFXIV ARR to develop a similar system. Besides, they aren't expected to publicly open the servers for the actual game until late Autumn or Winter, so they could experiment with this.

Vincent_97
5th May 2013, 20:20
I know that split screen would never work for PC, but as long as they're making FFXIV on PS3, don't you think they should try to incorporate it. It may be difficult for the systems, but it could be possible to make it easy on the servers. For example, the two players would have to do the same missions at the same time, or must stay in the same area together. Iknow it might be weird, but there are those of us who actually like to play split-screen with our siblings.
I also know this may seem imposible for online game play, but Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is able to run with two accounts online, split screen, so it's possible for FFXIV ARR to develop a similar system. Besides, they aren't expected to publicly open the servers for the actual game until late Autumn or Winter, so maybe they could experiment with this.
If you have any complaints, please leave them out, but if you're trying to explain something about how this may or may not work, feel free to post. I want to see if we could maybe get the producers' attention so they could look into this.

SofaKingGood
5th May 2013, 21:04
ALthough this is "possible" I find it highly unlikely that it will be done. It is far more difficult to do this for a MMORPG than a FPS game. In COD you have a map with finitie limits where as in a MMO the boundries are a lot closer to infinite than finite. Also, with the struggles for the original FFXIV I doubt their was any focus on split screen, most of if not all of the efforts that went into this game should have been focusing on improving the game from the failures of the orginal version. Not trying to be negative just my opinion.

DragonAngel382@aol.com
6th May 2013, 09:05
There's a better chance of it happening on the PC, because of how much more powerful of a rig you can have. But on the ps3....not gonna happen. It already has rather hard set limits from the parts in it. FF14 barely runs as it is. Trying to double its work load just wont work. MMO's arn't built in the same way FPS' are. In CoD, your PS3/360 runs the map. Uses the internet to ping the other players posistions/weapon fire. Uses reletively low bandwith both directions. It's why corner kills and funky kill cams happen. In MMO's much much more info comes upstream. In CoD you only have to double the bandwith usage to split screen. In an MMO because of the nature of MMO's the ps3 would have double the bandwith AND re-render a 2nd 14 on the same ps3. Otherwise player 2 will have a miserable game life as player 1's pet. The ps3 just cant do it. Hell, it would take a rather nice PC to run 2 full versions of 14 at playable settings. Just watch the PC/Ps3 gameplay trailer, the Ps3 already takes a large noticable hit on framerate and render quality. Doubling its already high workload just wouldnt benefit anyones gameplay. But it might be possible to do at a decent FPS if 14 was scaled down to roughly FF7/8 graphics.

Besides, with ps3 attached to it, which is already nearing the end of its time, 14 will hit the same development issues SE has with FF11, adding new content is a constant pain with an anchor dragging it down. Wont be such a bother early on, but in a few years new features/areas/gameplay will have to be cut because the ps3 wont be able to do it.

member_10079783
9th May 2013, 12:45
I also know this may seem imposible for online game play, but Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is able to run with two accounts online, split screen, so it's possible for FFXIV ARR to develop a similar system. Besides, they aren't expected to publicly open the servers for the actual game until late Autumn or Winter, so maybe they could experiment with this.

Thing about CoD:BlOps2 is that it isn't an MMO. Sure you have your menus and such in FPS games, but there are so many different menus, macros, maps, and a lot of other things that you need to deal with that split-screen is REALLY difficult to handle. The only MMO that I've ever seen even attempt to split screens was Phantasy Star Online for the Gamecube... and PSO was never all that complicated to begin with.

Evarice
22nd Aug 2013, 12:20
I wanted to throw this out there- being uncertain if this was already covered. I feel a couple things should happen. Client for Mac -dispite popular belief macs too have great gaming power. Secondly - for us PS3/4 players, I feel that there should be an option for those of us accustomed to PC's UI should get the option of using that UI on the PS3. (Since keyboard and mouse capability is present!) I dont know if staff of Square Enix reads this stuff...But!!! -it's a suggestion... :) :) :) :)

OH RIGHT MY POINT!

---This would increase subscribers for sure ;)

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 12:23
I wanted to throw this out there- being uncertain if this was already covered. I feel a couple things should happen. Client for Mac -dispite popular belief macs too have great gaming power. Secondly - for us PS3/4 players, I feel that there should be an option for those of us accustomed to PC's UI should get the option of using that UI on the PS3. (Since keyboard and mouse capability is present!) I dont know if staff of Square Enix reads this stuff...But!!! -it's a suggestion... :) :) :) :)

OH RIGHT MY POINT!

---This would increase subscribers for sure ;)

http://support.eu.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=5383&la=2&fty=3

I dont think they read these forum that much, but the link above is for feedback and suggestions

Evarice
22nd Aug 2013, 22:39
Yea Maintenance!

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 21:47
Get to have all the old characters into FFXIV by paying Each season like

FF1 all the characters in it for this amount of money

FF2 all these characters for this amount of money

and so on and so for... Hope you get the point...

expansions everyone knows that the bosses were very fun back then 1,2,3,4,5, 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13-1,13-2 Put like a boss round where all the bosses come back to taunt you and put them into 3D i would love to see somthing like that...

Make the F2P have up to 3 slots of charictors. pay to have more slots...

Definitely put audio on every character

Customize fonts words i can't read some of the dialog its too small.

Holiday Events = If u are doing any of them

If some one miss a holiday event

Make a person buy the holiday expansion for each season that was missed.

I think thats all i got for now hope this helps make it a f2p if it gets there... at some point. thought it would b cool ideas.

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 22:04
Pay expansions

Each character would be heroes so it means u have to make a new dialog for all characters.

we need a time machine like on final fantasy 13-2 because its time travel.

Time travel expansion packs

Time travel to the older days

FF1 , FF2 , FF3 , FF4 , FF5 , FF6 , FF7 , FF8 , FF9, FF10

means FF = Final Fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Help the heroes back then, quests and defeat the boss enemy at the older times but with 3D Future graphics like today... Bring back old monsters ( Time machine only.

Find paradox quests around the world.

Help the past of final fantasy heroes of 13-2 Find monsters that don't belong in are present. ( paradox )

Nangasaur
24th Aug 2013, 22:13
Uh, no.

Rover83
24th Aug 2013, 22:52
No, god no, no, hell no, F'no, No f2p

PoppaDoc
24th Aug 2013, 23:07
As much as i love the older chars of the Final Fantasy series, i certainly would NOT want them tainted in a MMO... They are CLASSICS, and you just dont mess with the classics...

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 23:19
Yes but it was an idea doesn't mean u have to hate it many people like the classics but we all like to see improvement if they were in 3D and a MMORPG would be perfect for this game.

Shamanbabe
24th Aug 2013, 23:21
I like the part u added FFX-XIII being fun.. /cry
I-IX was the secks <3
'A wild Trance Kuja appears'
Judge leader turns out to be Golbez riding a Lunar whale Thats Shooting sorceres Then gets eaten by Chaos while sephiroth's theme randomly plays :3

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 23:22
Bring back the classics would b famous Final fantasyXIV MMORPG for P2P or F2P (F2P if there is such thing as a chance)

TheLunarNeko
24th Aug 2013, 23:30
Personally, I like the idea that Square Enix builds up a whole new world in most of their games, this one included. Having characters and story-elements from earlier games would kind of ruin that. Everyone's entitled an opinion and shouldn't be disrespected for that. I happen to not really like this idea at all.. but still thanks for sharing your ideas Raven_Grave... ^^'

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 23:34

Make the F2P have up to 3 slots of charictors. pay to have more slots...

uh lol, i´ll pay monthly and only need 1 slot *lol*

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 23:37
Also it would be a big hit to bring the classics back that's all I'm saying. ( everyone likes them mind as well put it into Final Fantasy14) AND MAKE THEM 3D

Raven_Grave
24th Aug 2013, 23:38
if I'm paying lol i want the classics characters

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 23:41
if I'm paying lol i want the classics characters

u crazy, u already have this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qRgJrLPuXg

Mallust
24th Aug 2013, 23:44
Yoshi already said he will close it down before he ever lets it go F2P so you might as well save your breath.

Raven_Grave
25th Aug 2013, 14:25
I an't convinse

Raven_Grave
25th Aug 2013, 14:31
Final FantasyXIV P2P should have exciting content so players don't get bored... Or more action based content.

Also i don't even know what level i am, Its possible that the level u are post to shows on the character tab.

But i don't see it.

Raven_Grave
25th Aug 2013, 14:42
So if i played yesterday does this count as my 30 day trail? is it possible to wait till the game comes out.

This is a quintessences that if so alot of players would lose faith from all the pre ordering stuff... The people who are playing right now would be your game testers. But in fact that the game is still decent which is better than worse i have to say i hate to see talents go to waste.

IDEA
But is it possible for the final FantasyXIV to have pay cards instead of are credit cards like I'll pay gamestop for a final fantasy14 membership card,

Can we plz do that at least because i don't mind playing a P2P but i am certain i have a lot of credits on my gamestop card in gaming credits,
Just saying it would be nice to buy your membership on a card at gamestop i like face to face stuff plus I recommend it. I don't like paying with credit card because i don't have a checking account yet. LOL anyway it would be a good idea to do that so if i had game credit and my parents don't want to use there own credit card well i would have credit to pay the membership in gamestop instead.

Rancyz
25th Aug 2013, 14:50
I think F2P would introduce a lot of lag/bad latency into the NA/EU/JP server from overseas players who can't afford to buy the game and pay a monthly fee to keep playing, and those same laggy players can't afford to pay for a better internet connection each month.

Raven_Grave
25th Aug 2013, 15:51
That's a great concept internet is a issu in most countries, But the people who have better connection should at least get the card for game stop as a face to face concept so this Squarc Cnix have money for there part of the trade and keep there company roleing into the best that can be so they can make a better game next time into play its like a 2nd chance to make things right.

Raven_Grave
25th Aug 2013, 15:54
And besides if there lagging a lot for other players, we got there support Tech to help us through this anyway i trust they'll do there best maintenance ever this year for the Final Fantasy14...

Raven_Grave
25th Aug 2013, 21:35
We need to make a lot more servers can't get on any more the population is too epic for all servers. I really suggest making 10 more only because the inque was about 140 and some others were 150... This is just to insane to wait 4 to 8 hours lol...

finalboyd
25th Aug 2013, 21:41
this game will never be f2p, thats how this game goes to ****

nisere
28th Aug 2013, 03:16
Hey all! First let me say that I love this game so far! I've enjoyed playing for a couple of days, it's fun and entertaining.
One thing I noticed that may help some of the issues with people unable to log into servers is that there is no penalty for inactive players. Many players stay logged into the game, even though they are not playing, to hold their place so that they can come back after work or school or sleeping, w/e without the need to wait in line. Several have mentioned this in general and I tried it last night so that I could play this morning (yes that was not cool). I was on all night standing in one spot and then woke up and played for several hours.
After awhile, I decided to log off when I needed to do other things, because I felt like staying online and not playing was a crappy thing to do to other people esp on release day.
This is a good game, and I know there are many things to work out on release of any game. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business, but, perhaps this is something that needs to be looked at. :)

Zanethereaper
28th Aug 2013, 03:46
The need to start banning gil sellers!

Enemyone
28th Aug 2013, 03:54
I just dont understand how they have not figured that crap out though. Its a pretty easy fix that EVERY OTHER MMO i have played has in it. you stand still for too long you get kicked. i have a friend who has been on for two days and has worked in the middle of it and has not once cut off the game. They are acting like this is some huge unknown issue but its really not.

aethermachine
28th Aug 2013, 04:19
I tested this yesterday, and I was on for over 12 hours. WTF is wrong with this company. No wonder you can't log in to the server, no wonder the traffic is so horrible, you have players NEVER logging out of the game. And SE talks about steps they are trying to take to alleviate traffic. It is so frustrating to see how moronic and retarded this multi-million dollar company has become.

Eihder
28th Aug 2013, 04:31
Best you can do is keep logging to the jp servers, now that it has effected their 'local' base they actually care enough to do something about it.

redjarman
28th Aug 2013, 05:26
been refreshing the server list all damn day (in a vain attempt to join my friend on Gilgamesh) and 95% of the time, EVERY SINGLE NORTH AMERICAN SERVER WAS UNAVAILABLE. And I'm sure most of that is because of people not logging out/getting kicked for afk.
This is beyond ridiculous, I've had the game for 2 days now and I've played for like 4 hours maybe.

The need to start banning gil sellers!
Also this. When I did play, there was one person constantly spamming about selling gil, but nobody could seem to find any way to report him. In WoW, it was as simple as right clicking their name, why not here?

Rancyz
28th Aug 2013, 06:35
you have players NEVER logging out of the game.

See, I told you all before (before SE implemented the server cap) that players would never log out if there was a server cap. .
And now, I will tell you all that there are many ways to make you character never idle, so kicking idle players will not work.

The only solution is for SE to slowly increase cap limit, and then to remove cap limit.

Crumdum
28th Aug 2013, 07:11
been refreshing the server list all damn day (in a vain attempt to join my friend on Gilgamesh) and 95% of the time, EVERY SINGLE NORTH AMERICAN SERVER WAS UNAVAILABLE. And I'm sure most of that is because of people not logging out/getting kicked for afk.
This is beyond ridiculous, I've had the game for 2 days now and I've played for like 4 hours maybe.

Also this. When I did play, there was one person constantly spamming about selling gil, but nobody could seem to find any way to report him. In WoW, it was as simple as right clicking their name, why not here?

To report a cheater, go to:

System - Support Desk - Contact Us - Report Cheating. There, you can put in the person's name and location, the time you saw it, and other details regarding the report. However, as this is an extremely high workload for them all right now, I think banning gil sellers is the least of their problem. In Ultros, there was a guy who had been spamming their website from about 6 AM PDT at least until 10 PM. You can black list those people while waiting for their ban, however. I think that's under Social,

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 07:24
AFK kicks are a placebo, they don't work, anyone intent to being a jerk can use 'bots made for the purpose, Logitech G macros, many other macro tools .. or even a piece of cardboard, find an isolated spot, press the 'move forward' key and run into a wall then insert a piece of card/plastic to keep the key pressed, then go to bed or whatever.

Just visit the Rift or WOW PVP forums and see the endless complaints about AFKers in those games, games which DO have AFK idle kicks .. proof positive such a tool is totally useless as an anti-jerk mechanism.

GGamephas3
1st Sep 2013, 09:14
Trying to log back every few minutes is such a tardy matter especially since your servers get full easily.
I believe a queue system will help ease the load.

Skunkworks
1st Sep 2013, 18:05
Square-Enix, I am all for "inactivity kicks." Its something I was accustom too in other mmos. I think they help to open up full servers, so those that are waiting at their keyboards, can get into the game to play. Mind you, this will be a subscription based mmo (when the free time expires) that we are paying to have entry into the server. This should be at the top of the priority fix list in my humble opinion. Then provide your loyal and active players, with a user-friendly, easily accessible, in-game means to report bots (supported by enough information so that it may be verified by a GM) for removal from the game. Secondly, open up new servers, identifying them as "recommended," and allow those that want, the opportunity (without cost of course) to transfer from a server with queues, to one that has none. If you were to incorporate these three key items, it is my experience, that this will show immediate improvement, and will soon eliminate the problem of players not gaining access to a gaming service they will be paying to access.

noob45
1st Sep 2013, 18:29
As an experienced MMO player I will tell you that an AFK kick is a terrible idea. The only thing that needs to get done is FOR SE TO HURRTY THE FUN UP AND GET ENOUGH NEW SERVERS INSTALLED. The consumer is not to blame for anything, only the service provider. It's like AT&T offering an unlimited call/text program for all their users at a premium price, but then restricts the usage of your phone to 1 hour a day since so many people are calling and texting.

The lack of preparation for the launch of a popular title such as Final Fantasy is bad business.
The restrictions for logging in for people on their brand new game is very bad business.
NOT acting quickly or expediting the server expansions for a product that will continue to generate revenues after the initial purchase is just STUPID. How ever much it cost them to order and install/rent new servers would have been easily covered by the large number of players who have canceled pre-orders/refused to buy/ quit before the monthly subscription even starts.

Alphafear
1st Sep 2013, 18:33
Wont' be done. We'll have character transfers - maybe 1 free - then pay per use.
Want a non-queue log in? great! How much you willing to pay?

Want to be able to report a player? again, how much you willing to pay?

Oh, and btw, want guaranteed login on the weekend? Sorry, you cannot afford that :)

Hell, I'd love to pay for my subscription to run from monday - friday during school hours. Make a 'watchdog' that logs last 100 commands, and when there's anything beyond 50% repetition, auto-kick.

Every day, for 15 mins, boot EVERYONE! There you go. Population problem solved.

noob45
1st Sep 2013, 18:42
Wont' be done. We'll have character transfers - maybe 1 free - then pay per use.
Want a non-queue log in? great! How much you willing to pay?

Want to be able to report a player? again, how much you willing to pay?

Oh, and btw, want guaranteed login on the weekend? Sorry, you cannot afford that :)

Hell, I'd love to pay for my subscription to run from monday - friday during school hours. Make a 'watchdog' that logs last 100 commands, and when there's anything beyond 50% repetition, auto-kick.

Every day, for 15 mins, boot EVERYONE! There you go. Population problem solved.

Considering this is a game that we BOUGHT and will ALSO be paying a subscription for........

Zer0zero
1st Sep 2013, 18:46
Login Ques need to function.
Report tools for cheaters, spammers and AFKers need to not be 12 menues deep.
Haveing to switch text format in game every time is annoying. Make it so you can ser preference.
Gil Spammers gotta go.
Zero interaction between server/Dev teams and customers. Super annoying and unprofessional.

ReptilianDuck
1st Sep 2013, 19:17
I think it would be a good idea to increase the capacity of players in the realms.

Emilexie
1st Sep 2013, 20:18
I think it would be a good idea to increase the capacity of players in the realms.

Then you clearly aren't cut out for thinking

The maximum player cap per world is based around how many players the server software can reliably hold and how many players the game is designed to contain at any one time. I don't see anything wrong with the number of players per world, other than there not being enough worlds for everyone to log in at the moment. The solution to that isn't a higher player cap, it's more servers, something which SE has already said they're installing

ReptilianDuck
1st Sep 2013, 21:37
Well, i doubt you work for SE, so I cant take your word on it, since what I said was directed towards the DEV team.

ttuskey
1st Sep 2013, 21:48
So.. once they increase the number of servers, what happens to the ones that are already maxxed out (i.e all of the current ones)?
Those players who have invested significant amounts of time are going to want to play on that server, with their guild.
They're not going to want to start on a new server. So adding new servers helps out future subscriptions. What about those already held?
Plus have they said they're going to revamp/work on the login process (before you can even select a world)? Half the time you get "can't update NA/EU server lists", the other half you get "world is full" or a queue.
Seems increasing the number of worlds won't do squat until that first point is taken care of.

bulldog2712
1st Sep 2013, 22:20
get it working:mad2:

chrismeyer35
2nd Sep 2013, 17:19
and thats pretty bad when pc users have to cheat i.e using afk bots...its 1 of the reasons i dont like playing with pc users, theyre always trying to hack/mod their way through everything and thus thereby ruining the gaming exp for everyone due to their childish nature..

i hope that SE has a way to find out if people are using afk bots, or seeing characters running into walls or circles for hrs at a time, then ban the **** out of them for being stupid morons trying to beat the afk boot system lmao...but i do hope that the afk'ers and their systems overload and burn up, teach their dumbasses a lesson " if youre not gonna play, then dont log on and leave you're **** running all day and take up space that someone who wants to play, cant " :D

KogentaFrost
4th Sep 2013, 04:32
Hello,

I had posted this in the comment section to one of the FB posts about the recenter server maintenance, but I doubt it's likely to get read there. So, to increase the chances of my suggestions being seen and possibly acted upon, I'm posting them here.

First off, let me say that this release of FF XIV has been more enjoyable than version 1.0 by leaps and bounds. But I do see some areas that could use some improvments.

1) An AFK logout timer would be very useful. There is really no reason to be sitting around for 45 minutes doing nothing (no chatting, moving, etc.). With Duty Finder, gone are the days of sitting in Jeuno all day to find a party. So it makes little sense to allow someone to stay AFK for long periods of time while others cannot access the game to actively play. People who are AFK should be brought back to the character selection screen or the home screen to make space for others.

2) The ability to report a player. WoW has the option where you can right click a characters name in chat and report them. I would love to have the ability to report a player for promoting gil selling. I see players spamming cities with messages for gil buying sites, as well as sending direct tells to me.

The only option I have so far (that I am aware of) is to black list them, which does next to nothing to solve the problem.

Also, I would really hate to see the economy get wrecked like it did in FF 11 because of gil selling. Prices on the auction house where down right ridiculous at times.

3) An improved queuing system for logging in. I've managed to land in the queue a total of 4 times. The rest of the numerous times I've tried to login, I instead get greeted with a message saying the "word is full" and to "try again later". This is frustrating to be sure, but being placed in a queue would be much more enjoyable than spamming the login process.

4) A way to tell how full a server (world) is. When I chose the world my character is on (Courler) (sp) the only thing I could tell about the list of possible worlds was the darker ones where not available and the bright blue ones where. There was no indication as to population size. Perhaps adding something like a green dot for low population, yellow for medium, and red for high population, or just saying what the population is in plain text.

Other than those four things, I have loved playing this game so far. The ability to solo and easily group when I want to has been excellent. Your team has done a great job improving and modernizing from FF XI to XIV v1 to this release. Well done!

Kogenta Frost.

Teadax
4th Sep 2013, 05:07
#1 I do believe it's in the works

#2 All you get from that are the idiots running around yelling "REPORTED" every 3 seconds

#3 I do believe that will be on full tilt this morning

#4 Occupancy indicators have a way of making things worse, people tend to flock to the heavies in order to obtain greater feats.

Lidakian
4th Sep 2013, 06:46
I also think the ability in a group to *Kick* a player from Group, there is none atm and i failed 2 dungeons on last boss because one of the player just went AFK and never came back. They need to add this.

Also agree on all the ones just guys posted above

Taemek
4th Sep 2013, 06:50
Hello,

I had posted this in the comment section to one of the FB posts about the recenter server maintenance, but I doubt it's likely to get read there. So, to increase the chances of my suggestions being seen and possibly acted upon, I'm posting them here.

First off, let me say that this release of FF XIV has been more enjoyable than version 1.0 by leaps and bounds. But I do see some areas that could use some improvments.

1) An AFK logout timer would be very useful. There is really no reason to be sitting around for 45 minutes doing nothing (no chatting, moving, etc.). With Duty Finder, gone are the days of sitting in Jeuno all day to find a party. So it makes little sense to allow someone to stay AFK for long periods of time while others cannot access the game to actively play. People who are AFK should be brought back to the character selection screen or the home screen to make space for others.

I just want to ask, have you ever had to sit in the queue for 40+ mins waiting for a group for your Duty Call? See the issue here with your idea about an AFK kicker?

I see alot of angry DPS......

As for reporting players, I would actually rather not see it in game so that the GM's don't have to wade through all the bs reports people do for the sake of reporting stupid stuff and wasting the GM's time. This is why there is a "Blacklist" in your social lists, use it, add people to it.

PoppaDoc
4th Sep 2013, 07:46
As for reporting players, I would actually rather not see it in game so that the GM's don't have to wade through all the bs reports people do for the sake of reporting stupid stuff and wasting the GM's time. This is why there is a "Blacklist" in your social lists, use it, add people to it.

I agree. I would rather just Blist them and carry on. I jus think that there should be an easier way to do it. Its rather difficult to remember and type a gil sellers name into the "ADD to List" field when their name is "Bavfstehhsfrahsdj Wuqishdkcbksklkddjd"... being on Ps3 'copy&paste' isn't really an option. I would like to see adding to Black List jus as easy as sending a /tell or linkshel, FC invite, wherein u simply click on the name and a menu pops up.

As for the AFK auto-log out, I think it is more of an effect than the actual problem. Players had such a hard time logging in that when they finally get in they never want to log back out to go thru the whole process again. If the problem with the login was fixed then I think it would also fix the issue with the AFKers. They would no longer feel the need to have to stay logged in 24/7 jus to play.

fireshox
4th Sep 2013, 14:08
Add chuck testa :p

Melichor
4th Sep 2013, 14:14
I would like to see a ready check for parties. Also when buying multiple items it would be nice to be able to set quantities and buy all of them instead of each individual item (manually click 30 copper ore, 15 tin ores where it could be all at once). also ability to sort inventory would be amazing.

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 14:18
A suggestion for the Suggested improvement thread. Post these over at the developer Lodestone forums, no-one from SE on this site can do anything with peoples suggestions as they don't work on this game (they only Publish & sell it), even though some of the suggestions are good.

Melichor
4th Sep 2013, 14:27
Im actually trying to register there but the server is bogged down :P

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 14:30
Im actually trying to register there but the server is bogged down :P

If you have yet to log into FFXIV with your toon for the first time then you unfortunately won't get in as it need valid character data (stupid system for a forum but suppose they only want actual players on there)

iamblurry
4th Sep 2013, 14:35
An AFK kicker is really needed to help the flow of the people trying to get on vs the people that are just on taking up space while not even there. As for being AFK while waiting on a que, there is no reason to be AFK for 30+ minutes. If you can't jump, take a step, or type something in chat then you are not waiting on a que, you are AFK and need to be kicked.

Melichor
4th Sep 2013, 14:35
yeah I log into the ffxiv site and can view my character and FC and such but when i try to go the forums it says im not registered. when i try to register it bogs down

Hippy_Pickle
4th Sep 2013, 14:37
An AFK kicker is really needed to help the flow of the people trying to get on vs the people that are just on taking up space while not even there. As for being AFK while waiting on a que, there is no reason to be AFK for 30+ minutes. If you can't jump, take a step, or type something in chat then you are not waiting on a que, you are AFK and need to be kicked.

I mean really, you're really going to open this can of worms again?! Considering the servers got took down then they are no AFK people in the game is there! So it ain't going to solve the problem, the worlds aren't full, it's the server log in restrictions that are giving the message!

Melichor
4th Sep 2013, 15:51
Now it appears that the forum admin for the official forums have disabled new registrations. Awesome

KogentaFrost
5th Sep 2013, 10:33
@Taemek

Yes, I have waited 40+ minutes for a duty to pop. I pass the time by doing fates and other leveling things. It really is the standard lot for DPS to have to wait a long time for a party vs healers and tanks almost always insta-queuing. But having played FF XI for a number of years, that wait is nothing compared to the 8+ hours looking for a party in 11, when no one is around your level and level sync doesn't exist yet.

I've also waited a good hour and a half regularly for raids to pop in LFR in WoW. Which does have an AFK timer, but it has never been a problem for me or anyone I play with.

---

As for the reporting, some may randomly report people for no good reason and cause extra work for the GMs; however, how does blacklisting solve the issue of gill sellers? Sure, you don't see them any more but the GMs are not made aware of the TOS violation and the person continues to annoy others. All you really get out of blacklisting in the end is having a long list of people on your blacklist.

KogentaFrost
5th Sep 2013, 10:40
A suggestion for the Suggested improvement thread. Post these over at the developer Lodestone forums, no-one from SE on this site can do anything with peoples suggestions as they don't work on this game (they only Publish & sell it), even though some of the suggestions are good.

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll go ahead and do that.

KogentaFrost
5th Sep 2013, 10:45

Exactly my thoughts. Especially for the people just sitting in the corners of towns in their small cloths doing nothing for hours. I mean, I get someone wanting to play and not wanting to go through the hassle of logging in again. But at the same time, them sitting there all night is block someone else from playing.

KogentaFrost
5th Sep 2013, 10:47
I would like to see a ready check for parties. Also when buying multiple items it would be nice to be able to set quantities and buy all of them instead of each individual item (manually click 30 copper ore, 15 tin ores where it could be all at once). also ability to sort inventory would be amazing.

A ready check would be nice. As for buying higher quantities of items at once (if you are on PC) you can click the number and type in the quantity you want (up to 99 I think) and then click the item to buy that quantity in one shot.

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 10:51
A ready check would be nice. As for buying higher quantities of items at once (if you are on PC) you can click the number and type in the quantity you want (up to 99 I think) and then click the item to buy that quantity in one shot.

I think what he was referring to was the ability to buy several different items at once, for example you select 20 iron ore and 15 copper ore and then it buys both with one press instead of buying each separately. Like adding things to a basket kind of thing and then you just go to the checkout.

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 10:57
Thay need to fix the class systems first.

for attacks like galdatoir puglist ect should all use the same hp att def stats and just have the one changeable level for abilitys/weapon and ammor use, black/white/summouners again same as above, and there should be just armor for achers and same as above.

Then crafting well thats just ****ed up, look at skills like mining and goldsmith, mining takes far to long to level up as the mining points are spread to thin. goldsmith as long as your bored and have a spare ten gil and five hours you can level past level 15 without leaving the guild, Now most wont see this an issue but it is and same go's for other classes, something needs to be done to bring more of these classes in to one class and slow down levelling for some but speed up levelling for others like mining.

KogentaFrost
5th Sep 2013, 10:59
I mean really, you're really going to open this can of worms again?! Considering the servers got took down then they are no AFK people in the game is there! So it ain't going to solve the problem, the worlds aren't full, it's the server log in restrictions that are giving the message!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the announcement, the servers where taken down to increase their capacity for number of players that can login. Along with adding some new servers. I don't mean to sound rude, but this really isn't a can of worms. From a performance perspective and maximizing play time for subscribers it makes sense to have people who are doing absolutely nothing for an extended period of time to be logged out of the server.

By doing so, others who want to play can login and actually play the game. The people sitting in town for hours doing nothing are not playing the game (they are probably sleeping or off somewhere else).

Also the servers are not full, the login limit was reached logic doesn't make much sense. If the login limit determines the capacity of the server, then when it is met, the server is full. Even if the login limit does not align with the actually limitations of the server, it is still (from the users perspective and by the content of the error message) full. It this case it still makes sense to logout inactive players so others may play.

It is rather akin to Comcast throttling high bandwidth users so others' service is not diminished. Since their setup uses a shared pipe for the neighborhood/area.

KogentaFrost
5th Sep 2013, 11:03
I think what he was referring to was the ability to buy several different items at once, for example you select 20 iron ore and 15 copper ore and then it buys both with one press instead of buying each separately. Like adding things to a basket kind of thing and then you just go to the checkout.

Ah, good point. So something like a shopping cart.

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 11:09
The point I was making is that immediately after the maintenance people were putting the blame on the server full & log in errors on AFK people but since the servers had just been restarted that proved most of the problems were not caused by loads of AFK people because there would have been none logged into the game! The maintenance was also not to increase the server capacity so I am 'correcting you if you're wrong', it was mainly to add the newer worlds (and provision easy addition of further ones if required) and improve stability and also try to resolve the log in issues BUT as mentioned with the announcement they were always going to introduce severe log in restrictions (which in turn is giving the server full msg again).

Also the log on restrictions are not just per server, a lot of the errors are at the 'staging' server where you select the worlds, so you can imagine a 100k people all trying to get on and select their world at the same time you have a bottleneck, so it's that they are also restricting severely.

n.b. they will be lifting the restrictions (which includes capacity) when they can see everything is stable.

KogentaFrost
5th Sep 2013, 11:17
#1 I do believe it's in the works

#2 All you get from that are the idiots running around yelling "REPORTED" every 3 seconds

#3 I do believe that will be on full tilt this morning

#4 Occupancy indicators have a way of making things worse, people tend to flock to the heavies in order to obtain greater feats.

1). Excellent!

2) I can only speak from my experience playing other games that have a reporting feature, but I cannot say that I have witnessed a high level of people shouting "reported". If anything I see it once or twice when someone spams general chat for several minutes. But even then it's one or two people that say it.

While it could happen, I think it would at least be a step to remedy the problem of Gil selling that was pretty prevellent in this games predecessor. Not to mention it could be used to report other TOS violations such as threats, harassment, and so on.

3) I haven't had a chance to play today, I am looking forward to this if it is on full tilt.

4) I can see that. I know I prefer a higher pop server because more things are likely to be in the AH and it should be easier to get things done. But my point was more to the fact that SE has advised people to pick lower pop servers to alleviate the login problems; however, there is not a convenient way to tell how populated a server is

If people choosing a high pop server over a low one becomes an issue, they can always take a cue from Blizzard and offer discounts on world transfers to a lower pop world. It seems to work decently for them.

KogentaFrost
5th Sep 2013, 11:31
The point I was making is that immediately after the maintenance people were putting the blame on the server full & log in errors on AFK people but since the servers had just been restarted that proved most of the problems were not caused by loads of AFK people because there would have been none logged into the game! The maintenance was also not to increase the server capacity so I am 'correcting you if you're wrong', it was mainly to add the newer worlds (and provision easy addition of further ones if required) and improve stability and also try to resolve the log in issues BUT as mentioned with the announcement they were always going to introduce severe log in restrictions (which in turn is giving the server full msg again).

Also the log on restrictions are not just per server, a lot of the errors are at the 'staging' server where you select the worlds, so you can imagine a 100k people all trying to get on and select their world at the same time you have a bottleneck, so it's that they are also restricting severely.

n.b. they will be lifting the restrictions (which includes capacity) when they can see everything is stable.

I must have misunderstood their announcement then as it sounded, like the servers where being pushed beyond their capacity, which is why the restrictions where put into place. And that the maintenance was to allow them to relax these restrictions, which in turn implies that they increased the capacity.

A quote from the announcement

Since the beginning of official service on August 27, 2013, the number of users attempting to access the game has significantly exceeded our initial estimates. While we are pleased to see support for the game reach far beyond our expectations, the servers were not prepared to handle this influx of players. As a result, our servers have been pushed beyond maximum capacity. In order to allow access to as many users as possible, we have implemented login and character creation restrictions. We understand, however, that these restrictions have greatly inconvenienced our players.

To resolve this issue, we will be performing maintenance from September 3, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. to September 4, 2013, at 3:00 a.m (PDT), for the purpose of increasing the number of available Worlds, reducing stress on the Duty Finder servers, and increasing the number of concurrent logins allowed for each server.

Because login and character creation restrictions have hindered our ability to provide quality service, all FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts will receive an additional seven days of free play time. Furthermore, users who have yet to enter their registration codes will receive an additional seven-day trial should they register before 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on September 9, 2013. Moving forward, we will continue monitoring the servers to ensure that quality service and support are provided in a timely manner.

---

I was not aware of the complaints after the servers came back up. So it does sound like some blame was misplaced. Though in general, logging out inactive players still allows others in that want to play.

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 11:38
The key bit of that announcement is increasing the number of concurrent logins allowed for each server. which is the bottleneck scenario of so many people trying to log in at the same time.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not against an AFK kicker being implimented because people just stood around doing nothing just makes the place look untidy lol, I just don't believe it was the answer to the log in issues.

WelshSpeed
5th Sep 2013, 11:54
should come with auto kick after no input after 15 minutes.
should come with a level full warning when you look at severs.
should come with a big picture at start with you bent over taking it up the jackson lol.

Gomly1980
5th Sep 2013, 23:53
Also when buying multiple items it would be nice to be able to set quantities and buy all of them instead of each individual item (manually click 30 copper ore, 15 tin ores where it could be all at once).

You can buy multiple items at once.

Up to 99 per stack. The +/- thing in the trade window when you go to a craft vendor lets say, click on that and pick how many you want.

Hippy_Pickle
6th Sep 2013, 07:12
You can buy multiple items at once.

Up to 99 per stack. The +/- thing in the trade window when you go to a craft vendor lets say, click on that and pick how many you want.

You need to read the thread more clearly, the suggestion was to be able to buy multiple items at multiple quantities, for example selecting 20 copper ore, 20 iron ore, 20 orange juices and then buying them all at once. Like adding items to a basket and then going to the checkout.

Crumdum
27th Sep 2013, 09:24
I'm really enjoying the game thus far, but there are a few things here and there that are kind of irritating. I think some really easy (or at leasin my mind they would be) fixes would do a world of good.

1. Create a separate filter for other people's conversion information - I do a lot of crafting in-game and, as many other crafters, I do so around the summoning bells in town. The problem here is a lot of people convert items into materia in the same place, so I get a solid hours of non-stop conversion announcements when I'm crafting. This is near impossible to wade through if you're trying to have a conversation with your Linkshell or Free Company. Right now, this information is filtered the System Notifications (or is it Announcements?) filter, which is the same filter that shows roll results in dungeons and, I believe, XP gained as well as much more important information. In my opinion, Joe Schmoe's conversion announcements are meaningless to anyone else but Joe Schmoe. I don't need to be notified of these developments. If these were able to be filtered separately, a lot of spam could be avoided.

2. Grant the ability to mute other people's sound effects - As I said before, I do a lot of crafting around the summoning bell, as does many other people. If you've ever gone to one in town, you know how loud it can get and how annoying these sounds can be. The constant DING! DING1 DING! ER-EE-ER-EE-ERR-EE! CHING SWOOSH-DING! CEERSH! KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK! BRRRRING! literally gives me a headache. I have to mute my TV whenever I'm around it, it's so annoying. It also throws me off on my own sounds. I wonder if the sound of the failed touch attempt was me or someone else and it takes me a second to evaluate where my item. If we could separately mute these noises without having to mute ALL sound effects, that'd be amazing.

3. Make the summoned creates move as fast as you do - My main job is Scholar and I can summon fairies to help me in battles. The problem here is when I get on my mount and run through enemy territory, my fairy almost always falls behind and withdraws from battle. As this is hostile turf, I don't want, nor should have to, stop and wait for it to catch up. These summoned creatures need to be able to keep up with mounted speed. I just don't like summoning something and five seconds later, it needs resummoned.

4. A crystal port to Vesper Bay - Now, I've just about finished the main storyline, but traveling to VB is one f the biggest pains in the butt of the game. Anyone who has gotten past lvl 20 or so in the plot can attest to this. There's a part in the story where you are literally going from VB to another place, back to VB, back to the same place, back to VB, etc etc etc! Please, for newcomers to the game, add a crystal there! Also, the bitter irony is that these people have Linshells that they use once or twice to contact you. And when you go back to talk to them in person, they hardly have anything meaningful to say! Why couldn't they use the LS to talk to you? Come on...

5. Spirit bond with crafting tools needs to happen a lot faster - Simple as that. I had on one of my sets a tool I had equipped since lvl 19 that just bonded today at lvl 27. Nearly 10 lvls to bond with this thing! There were probably three new tools I could have used in the meantime, but because I wanted to bond with it, I couldn't use the new items I made. I know you can get an action with your FC to boost the speed and there are a few items you can wear to move things along, but these are still ridiculously slow.

Sorry for the wall o' text, but I think these would be awesome to be implemented.

Hippy_Pickle2
27th Sep 2013, 15:35
Hi Crumdum,

I'll give you my feedback to your feedback ;)

1. I hate all the crafters around the summoning bell in the markets, so if you hate all the announcements spamming your chat box then you are just as guilty because you're contributing to it yourself! Do like I do and go craft in a quieter spot, personally I prefer crafting in Sanctuaries (in a quiet corner) as at least you get rested bonus while working ;)
Edit: You do realise you can also create a new chat tab then click on the cog and setup filter to only show FC or LS chat.

2. See number 1

3. Generally summoned pets etc are for combat situations so this is kinda of irrelevant. I can understand that you may want to ride through high level areas and get off and have the backup etc but the pets have the same speed as your sprint speed and not your mount, otherwise they would be over speedy. A good way around this would be to get your THM to level 28 and unlock the Swiftcast spell, this would then allow you to instantly summon without the long casting time :D

4. Now this I can totally relate to and think is an excellent idea :thumb: Also showing relevant quest markers at the entrance to the Waking sands on the map (currently doesn't appear until you enter).

5. Spirit bond can be a tricky thing to calculate but the general rule of thumb is you need to be crafting appropriate level items to the gear level you're trying to spiritbond. So for example you're using a level 30 pair of gloves but are only crafting level 1-10 items, you'll be getting virtually nothing towards the spiritbond.

FoxyTarget
22nd Oct 2013, 11:11
I noticed conjurers get a mount on lvl 30 (unicorn) as a class reward, got me thinking there. I mainly play as a Dragoon and I love the class quests, "SPOILER" for example how you get to slay a dragon to forge your armor "NOT SPOILER". But as we are fearless Dragoon warriors able to challenge any beast, shouldnt we be able to tame the most dangerous creatures then aswell? Would be really nice to have a wingless dragon "Like the Thunderclap Guivre" as a mount in the future, something that we challenged through a quest and by defeating it gaining its trust and service as your mount in both combat (like the chocobo) and a runner on the fields. This could be added upon a higher lvl cap on Dragoon in the future.

Please post more ideas for FFIV in this thread and increase the views.

Hippy_Pickle
24th Oct 2013, 13:14
The Unicorn mount was put in as a bribe to get players to be conjurers and white mages because healers are usually in high demand in MMO's. I think the data gathered during the beta test showed there was not enough players rolling healers so hence the bribe of a unique mount.

On another note they have just announced a new Behemoth mount that will be part of the veteran rewards scheme but no details on length of subscription required to get this reward.

cpool05
24th Apr 2014, 17:36
This was an idea me and a few friends came up with during the FFXIV:ARR beta weekends. I wanted to make a post like this when the game launched and never got around to it and then took a break from playing. Just started back up and the idea popped back into my head. Anyways..

I think it would be awesome if Square Enix would incorporate some type of "Time Cleft" (or whatever name is suitable) into FFXIV:ARR. The Time Cleft would be end game material that wouldn't have anything to do with the storyline of FFXIV:ARR but would instead offer additional dungeon/raid style Duties with a massive nostalgia factor for fans of Final Fantasy in general.

Entering the Cleft would warp you to a separate area (Cavern, space, etc) that would have multiple caves inside, each representing a Final Fantasy game. Now, depending if this ever was implemented and how much time Square Enix wanted to put into this, entering one of these caves could either just give you a Duty popup with a list of 1-3 (or more) dungeons to choose from or warp you to another cave that has the actual dungeon/raid entrances.

For example; entering the Final Fantasy VII cave would let you choose from a Dungeon where you would fight your way through the dungeon and eventually fight Jenova. Others you would fight Sephiroth, Ruby weapon, Emerald weapon, etc. Another example would be Final Fantasy IX where you would fight the Black Waltz III, Kuja (who enters Trance at 50% health), Necron, etc. For Final Fantasy X you would fight Maestor Seymor, Sin, Dark Aeons, etc.

Some might think this is a dumb idea since it wouldn't have anything to do with the FFXIV:ARR storyline, and some might think it is awesome to be able to go through and fight some of their favorite childhood battles in up-to-date graphics in a MMO settting.

Regardless, it was at least worth posting about and hope to see some good discussioin.

-cpool05

cpool05
24th Apr 2014, 17:39
Also, if this idea has already been discussed or posted.. then I apologize

Hippy_Pickle
29th Apr 2014, 09:19
Even though I like your idea and understand that you mean it wouldn't be part of the main story questline but everything in FFXIV needs to fit into the 'lore' of Eorzea and be explained as to how it is part of this FF universe. For example the cross over with Lightning from FFXIII was explained because she can travel across universes etc, even Shantotto coming to Eorzea was acceptable within the lore and laws of this universe.

There will be cross over events and characters from other Final Fantasy games making appearances within FFXIV but Square-Enix will only do it on those rules of lore & laws.

Just adding bosses, characters or locations from other games, no matter how much of a fan service it would be, will not happen I'm afraid. You can never please everyone, the Lightning cross over was prime example as even though it fitted in with the laws of the universe, a lot of people hated it.