PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2012 Wishlists?

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 17:08
So, I know it's still kinda far away, but what would everyone love to see SE present/announce at this year's Tokyo Game Show?

Personally, I'd like to see:
-Versus renamed as FFXV and get a release date
- Kingdom Hearts 3 officially anounced for PS3/360
-Release date and more information on the FFX HD remastered editions
-A totally new IP that blows my mind
-A new game in the Chrono series

DerekMaverick
23rd Jun 2012, 17:24
I'd like to see some similar things:

-Versus XIII given a release date

-Final Fantasy XV announced

-Tomb Raider puzzle/combat gameplay

-Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement

- Kingdom Hearts Re: Birth By Sleep announcement for the PS3 like they did with KH:ReCOM.

Lightning_Stryker
23rd Jun 2012, 17:25
Id like to at least get some mire info on FF Versus and a Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement would be AMAZING!!! ^^

RoyalJam
23rd Jun 2012, 17:42
So, I know it's still kinda far away, but what would everyone love to see SE present/announce at this year's Tokyo Game Show?

Versus should keep it's name due to continuity with the others in it's series.

Kingdom Hearts 3 won't be announced until Versus is nearly released.

FF X HD will likely happen.

New Chrono series would be nice but it won't happen.

I would love to see a new Mana series. Square needs to redeem themselves for Dawn of Mana; sadly this will happen as likely as a new chrono announcement.

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 18:30
KHIII is a definate no, they aren't going to pull another Versus with all the crap they've gotten over it. However, Nomura has dropped several hints in interviews at a HD collection to reduce the amount of consoles the game is on. This means it would not be unreasonable to expect to see KHI, KHII, KHCoM, and KHBBS announced as a PS3 HD collection, making one need only 2 consoles for all the games. Note, though, there are trademark issues with the Burroughs family (the people that own Tarzan) so KHI may be made a PS2 classic instead of being added to an HD collection if this does happen.

member_10770952
23rd Jun 2012, 18:42
what is tgs anyway?

RoyalJam
23rd Jun 2012, 18:45
what is tgs anyway?

Tokyo Game Show. It starts in late September. We all are hoping Versus finally gets it's showing there this year.

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 18:46
what is tgs anyway?

Tokyo Game Show - an annual gaming event in Japan

member_10770952
23rd Jun 2012, 18:53
oh that's what it's short for. thanks for the info.

DerekMaverick
23rd Jun 2012, 18:59
@Basho

I wouldn't mind seeing a hd collection and it would make sense for it to be released. But with how FFX HD was announced and then no news since it seems unlikely we would see one anytime soon.

member_10827409
23rd Jun 2012, 19:02
it is. it's being released in setptember. just look on ign's list for games being releaed.

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 19:05
it is. it's being released in setptember. just look on ign's list for games being releaed.

FFX HD? In Japan?

It can't be the US release because it's not even available for preorder yet anywhere

member_10628951
23rd Jun 2012, 19:07
@dxgirly
Okay from the top:
"-Versus renamed as FFXV and get a release date"
Yes, yes and yes. This game deserves to be a numbered entry final fantasy with all the production values that have been put into it and plus no one really knows if the title has a connection with XIII and if it does it's minuscule from what we have seen so far. It deserves the sales and the attention. May I also add that I hope for a 10 minute long story trailer and like a 20 minute stage demo.

"- Kingdom Hearts 3 officially anounced for PS3/360"
One, I don't see this happening because Nomura said he wouldn't have the team start on KH3 until Versus XIII was done. Two, Kingdom Hearts games have always been exclusive to their platform. For example:
KH1, KH2, KH Re:COM. ---> PS2
KHCOM ---> Gameboy advance
Birth by Sleep ---> PSP
Coded -----> Cell phone
358/2 Days, Re:Coded ----> DS
3D ----> 3DS
It might just be me but I would like KH3 to be a PS3 or PS4 exclusive.

"-Release date and more information on the FFX HD remastered editions"
I second this. Not much more to say. I would like to see a trailer to show how much the game looks better compared to the PS2 version of the game.

"-A totally new IP that blows my mind"
Yeah, we will have to wait and see on this. How about a new TWEWY instead?

"-A new game in the Chrono series "
Knowing Square, hell would have to freeze over before that happened ;).

member_10628951
23rd Jun 2012, 19:09
@ Basho

I would love Square forever and ever if they did that. You hear us Square! MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 19:12
"-A new game in the Chrono series " Knowing Square, hell would have to freeze over before that happened ;).

But a girl can dream, right? ;)

member_10255524
23rd Jun 2012, 19:55
KH3 and Versus XIII Nuff said but, a new Chrono to the series would be awesome!

I'd Like to also see more about the ps3 ver of FFXIV 2.0 :) More jobs and Races like the Verra and male miqote!

FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII HD remastered for ps3 is also high demand we need IT!

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 20:16
@dxgirly Okay from the top: "-Versus renamed as FFXV and get a release date" Yes, yes and yes. This game deserves to be a numbered entry final fantasy with all the production values that have been put into it and plus no one really knows if the title has a connection with XIII and if it does it's minuscule from what we have seen so far. It deserves the sales and the attention. May I also add that I hope for a 10 minute long story trailer and like a 20 minute stage demo.

Versus XIII uses the same mythology set as XIII and XIII-2, making it part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection. Also, changing a product name midway would not be a good idea, especially since this game already has a large (and exasperated) fanbase. It would just confuse and dissuade more people than making it "FFXV" would gain.

DerekMaverick
23rd Jun 2012, 21:45
@Zack the hero-89

Was just at IGN and it said TBA 2012.

@Basho

They did change Agito XIII to Type-0 so a name change is plausible, just not to FFXV persay.

member_10829610
23rd Jun 2012, 21:48
I would like to see more Soul Sacrifice info & some info on VSXIII. Maybe anything related to Type-0 coming to the US.

RatchetGuyClanks
23rd Jun 2012, 21:49

I agree (especially with Versus). I really want that game to come out and it's been in development for too long. I'm sure it's going to blow my mind if it does come out, though.

-RGC

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 21:56
@Zack the hero-89

Was just at IGN and it said TBA 2012.

@Basho

They did change Agito XIII to Type-0 so a name change is plausible, just not to FFXV persay.

Wait... Type-0 is Agito XIII? I thought that Agito was cancelled! See what I mean? lol

Paradox_me
23rd Jun 2012, 21:58
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

A trailer, release date, even a release window. I don't want any new announcements; no Final Fantasy XIII-3, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III or Chrono Break. I just want them to focus on Versus XIII.

DerekMaverick
23rd Jun 2012, 21:59
@Basho

Yup, Agito is Type-0. It did cause some confusion unless you followed it like a freaking hawk. So I could understand why they would not change it and why they would change it.

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 22:06
Well... crap. Now I gotta start hoping for Type-0 localization!

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 22:27
I will be very surprised and disappointed if Type-0 doesn't get localized/ported.... though I don't think they'll be announcing it at TGS

RoyalJam
24th Jun 2012, 00:51
Type O localization is being worked on. A Japanese mag indicated so.

member_10077577
24th Jun 2012, 07:46
Here's my wishlist. More info for:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Chocobo Racing 3D

Dragon Quest X (Wii U)

Final Fantasy X HD

Final Fantasy XIV (PS3)

Chousoku Henkai Gyrozetter (Nintendo 3DS)

For Japan release only, of course, in this case:

Sleeping Dogs

Hitman: Absolution

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Tomb Raider

Maybe some of their mobile games too. But remember, a release date and trailer for Versus XIII is all we ask for Square Enix!

Automaton
24th Jun 2012, 17:56
Honestly, I don't know what exactly would make me happy at TGS. Except for the rare thing, I tend to focus squarely (pun... intended?) on what this company has on offer at conventions like these.

I'm going to just say that I'll be keeping an eye on movements and announcements at the show and see what comes.

member_10073902
24th Jun 2012, 21:31
Some sort of indication that hoping for Type-0 in the West is not a lost cause. Wishful thinking, cause I doubt they'd use a Japanese game show to make announcements for the West, but maybe they'll port it to the Vita? Who knows. :-(

Other things that would make me happy: X HD release window and XIII-3 confirmation. The latter would make me very, very happy indeed.

Pure wishful thinking: V or VI 3DS remakes, X-2 and/or XII HD for Vita (I think we will get these eventually, but not til long after X HD is already out).

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 21:35
Oerba, the NA KHDDD demo was announced in an interview in a Japanese magazine. I know it isn't exactly the best comparison, but something similar to that has happened before (and quite recently at that).

DerekMaverick
24th Jun 2012, 22:09
@Oerba

I wouldn't be suprised if X-2 ended up being bundled with the HD version of X. It seems like a no brainer to me.

member_10628951
24th Jun 2012, 22:16
Some sort of indication that hoping for Type-0 in the West is not a lost cause. Wishful thinking, cause I doubt they'd use a Japanese game show to make announcements for the West, but maybe they'll port it to the Vita? Who knows. :-(

Other things that would make me happy: X HD release window and XIII-3 confirmation. The latter would make me very, very happy indeed.

Pure wishful thinking: V or VI 3DS remakes, X-2 and/or XII HD for Vita (I think we will get these eventually, but not til long after X HD is already out).

Oh god no. Please just let Square Enix move on to something.... better. Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2 had their time in the sun. Now its time for Versus XIII and XV (if they're not already one in the same; which I hope is the case).

With how little XIII-2 sold compared to the rest of the FF series I wouldn't blame Square Enix in renaming Versus XIII to XV. It already has production values better than XIII & XIII-2 and it returning to most of the things fans care about in a Final Fantasy game. It deserves the sales and XIII has driven away a lot of potential consumers.

It just isn't right for Versus to be considered the spin-off when the game is clearly better than XIII & XIII-2. I just don't think that's fair for this game. And considering more money has been put into development of Versus XIII compared to XIII or XIII-2 I would think Square would want more money. Numbered entries into the Final Fantasy series sell more copies and make more money then their squeals/spin-off's. The XIII in Versus XIII is going to drive potential consumers away because people who don't follow the FF series closely like us will remember "Oh I didn't like XIII" and will skip out on Versus because Toriyama and crew messed up.

Don't do that to Versus XIII Square. Just rename it to XV and it will get the sales and reception it deserves.

member_10829610
24th Jun 2012, 22:29
I agree. SE might as well change VSXIII's name, since they already changed Agito XIII to Type-0.

member_10770952
24th Jun 2012, 22:56
but if they do that they'll have to take out things related to the series like etro and other aspects. related to the nova crystails series. witch will take longer. but you rather leave those in thier?

member_10829610
24th Jun 2012, 23:51
You do have a point, since Etro has an impact in both VSXIII & XIII/XIII-2 (although Etro is only referenced in VSXIII). I can see why they changed Agito XIII's name since it ended up not having much reference to XIII, but it is still a part of Fabula Nova Chrystallis, so I expect VSXIII to remain as a part of the series as well. Nonetheless, more info needs to be revealed about VSXIII.

member_10628951
24th Jun 2012, 23:54
but if they do that they'll have to take out things related to the series like etro and other aspects. related to the nova crystails series. witch will take longer. but you rather leave those in thier?

You do understand that many Final Fantasy titles cross paths when it comes to certain mytos right? And it also doesn't take that long to change a name of a god right? And what "other aspects" does Versus XIII and XIII have in common huh? They have as much in common as VI and VII have in common. Is that really reason enough to "punish" Versus XIII and its status of "spin-off".

Honestly I think people want to keep the XIII in because they want to say, "See! The XIII universe is pretty cool!". The reason you have put forward is a poor excuse to keep Versus from getting the XV name. All Final Fantasy's have some common thread running through every game so why should one thing that Versus and XIII share force Versus XIII to stay in it's "spin-off" status. I just don't see why. Just because they announced they would share similarities doesn't mean there would be a lot of them.

Just look at the two games. THEY ARE IN TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS!

Sorry for the caps lock its just that I don't get why people feel so strongly about keeping the Versus XIII name. It would make sense for the game to be called Final Fantasy XV because of all the above circumstances. Agito XIII had almost nothing to do with XIII hence why it was changed to Type-0. I don't buy the arguement of "Oh Versus XIII will lose all the XIII fans". BS. XIII fans are Final Fantasy fans but not all Final Fantasy fans are XIII fans. There is a bigger Final Fantasy fanbase then there is a XIII fanbase. That much is certain.

Azure
25th Jun 2012, 09:19
People want to keep the Versus XIII name because they want FF XV is developed by Division Development 4 .This group did not have any Final Fantasy game released in 6 years and according to some information that Hiroyuki Itou and Division 4 are secretly developing a large scale project which people believe that is FF15 . If you dont know who is Hiroyuki Itou , you should read the information about him on wikipedia

member_10628951
25th Jun 2012, 09:45
@Azure Again that seems to me, no offense, like another dumb excuse. I don't see why that can't just call Versus XIII, Final Fantasy XV and if Hiroyuki Itou team is working on a main entry Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy XVI.

XV & XVI within a few years of each other doesn't sound bad at all. Again it's just my opinion. But not naming Versus XIII, Final Fantasy XV because of a rumor that Hiroyuki Itou is working on a Final Fantasy game is a weak excuse.

So far no one has come up with a proper reason for Final Fantasy Versus XIII not to be called XV (imo).

Azure
25th Jun 2012, 10:18
Well as you see . All the main Title of Final Fantasy is traditional RPG . Even FFXIII looks flashy but it is still using normal ATB system and you just need to choose a command . Unlike the main Title , Versus XIII is a action RPG so people may want to keep FF XV as a traditional RPG to avoid the bad and disparaging words .

DerekMaverick
25th Jun 2012, 10:25
I have to agree with what Azure said. I feel like it's more of a KH game than it is a FF game. And with that being said I wouldn't care if it was renamed XV but would prefer it stay with Versus XIII because that's what I know it as.

member_10628951
25th Jun 2012, 10:56
@Azure I am sorry but that argument is also invalid. Kitase said the series would most likely move on to become action RPG's. He said this in an interview. Second of all what defines a traditional RPG? Final fantasy 1 through 9 were traditional turn-based RPG's. ATB battle system is not considered a turn-based system as the developers have pointed out many times.

I forgot talk about traditional what about open worlds, and airships. Things of which Final Fantasy Versus 13 has.

So I'm a bit confused when you say traditional RPG. A traditional RPG to me is Final Fantasy I, II, VII and IX.

Just because versus battle system is real-time doesn't make it a main entry Final Fantasy title.

I just firmly believe that versus 13 deserves more credit than being a spinoff title of 13 so square needs to do one of two things: they either need to rename versus or they need to rename versus to XV which I believe they will do.

25th Jun 2012, 11:45
I would like to see at TGS:

-Final Fantasy Versus XIII
(I would rather it keeps its name as it is, especially since XIII negative reception. This game is Nomura's idea of what FF13 should have been, instead of what Toriyama did. Think of it like Final Fantasy AGAINST XIII, but I wont care or mind if it does change name, I just want to play it.)

-Final Fantasy Type-0 HD International Version (PS3/Vita Worldwide release)

-Final Fantasy XIV Version 2.0

-Final Fantasy X HD

member_10628951
25th Jun 2012, 17:22
Sorry if my post was confusing. I was driving in my car at the time so I was using Siri on my iPhone. What it puts down sometimes is unknown.

member_10073902
25th Jun 2012, 20:26
@Oerba

I wouldn't be suprised if X-2 ended up being bundled with the HD version of X. It seems like a no brainer to me.

Man, I'd love that (of course!) but I doubt they'd sell us two games for $40-50 when they could sell us two games for $80-100 instead. ;-)

Azure
25th Jun 2012, 20:35
@Azure I am sorry but that argument is also invalid. Kitase said the series would most likely move on to become action RPG's. He said this in an interview. Second of all what defines a traditional RPG? Final fantasy 1 through 9 were traditional turn-based RPG's. ATB battle system is not considered a turn-based system as the developers have pointed out many times. I forgot talk about traditional what about open worlds, and airships. Things of which Final Fantasy Versus 13 has. So I'm a bit confused when you say traditional RPG. A traditional RPG to me is Final Fantasy I, II, VII and IX. Just because versus battle system is real-time doesn't make it a main entry Final Fantasy title. I just firmly believe that versus 13 deserves more credit than being a spinoff title of 13 so square needs to do one of two things: they either need to rename versus or they need to rename versus to XV which I believe they will do.

I know that Versus XIII deserve more credit than a spin-off but look at the past , FF Tactic was a spin-off and a Strategy RPG but people still said it is one of the best FF so I think the name doesnt tell anything . The game will prove itself value .You shouldnt worry too much about this .

And when I mention Traditional RPG , it is just about the style of the game . FF I to XII , you just need to choose an command and your character will act . Outside of battle , you just can only move your character around and talk to people , you dont require skill to play . Versus let you direct control over your character , you can jump , dogde and do many thing , the battle speed is more faster than the previous main title , you have to be skillfull and concentrate to control your character .That is the reason why it is a action RPG

member_10628951
25th Jun 2012, 21:20
@Azure I am sorry but that argument is also invalid. Kitase said the series would most likely move on to become action RPG's. He said this in an interview. Second of all what defines a traditional RPG? Final fantasy 1 through 9 were traditional turn-based RPG's. ATB battle system is not considered a turn-based system as the developers have pointed out many times. I forgot talk about traditional what about open worlds, and airships. Things of which Final Fantasy Versus 13 has. So I'm a bit confused when you say traditional RPG. A traditional RPG to me is Final Fantasy I, II, VII and IX. Just because versus battle system is real-time doesn't make it a main entry Final Fantasy title. I just firmly believe that versus 13 deserves more credit than being a spinoff title of 13 so square needs to do one of two things: they either need to rename versus or they need to rename versus to XV which I believe they will do.

I know that Versus XIII deserve more credit than a spin-off but look at the past , FF Tactic was a spin-off and a Strategy RPG but people still said it is one of the best FF so I think the name doesnt tell anything . The game will prove itself value .You shouldnt worry too much about this .

And when I mention Traditional RPG , it is just about the style of the game . FF I to XII , you just need to choose an command and your character will act . Outside of battle , you just can only move your character around and talk to people , you dont require skill to play . Versus let you direct control over your character , you can jump , dogde and do many thing , the battle speed is more faster than the previous main title , you have to be skillfull and concentrate to control your character .That is the reason why it is a action RPG

Okay one..... is your name associated with BlazBlue in anyway? Because I love that game.

Two, techniquely you are chosing your commands in Versus XIII too it just has different buttons for each thing you want to do. But practically is yes it is a Action JRPG. However like I said in my previous post, Kitase wants the teams to move on from the traditional battle systems and move more torwards Action JRPG's. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (XV) would be a fantastic start to start that trend.

And if we are going to talk about traditional Final Fantasy's lets not forget all the things that XIII left out that is supposed to be in every Final Fantasy: airships, open worlds and great stories. So if XIII can leave out those elements from traditional Final Fantasy's I think Versus will be alright in changing only one small aspect of the series. This change is envitable. The series has been going more and more real-time since Final Fantasy X.

LagunaLoire
25th Jun 2012, 21:42
How can you guys forget about Suikoden!!! O:

Suikoden 6. Make it happen Konami!

EDIT: Oh wait this has to be about SE...hmmm.... a new Final Fantasy for the vita

Azure
25th Jun 2012, 22:03
@PshycoNinja :My name associated with two game I like . you right the first is azure Grimoire from Blazblue and the second is azure flame kite in .hack//G.U .

About FFXIII , I really don't care about it so I am not sure about genre , It maybe a new kind of RPG like : Movie RPG .

Your opinion about versus is right but right now we not sure that SE will change the name or not so just wait until they announce new information

member_10628951
25th Jun 2012, 22:42
@PshycoNinja :My name associated with two game I like . you right the first is azure Grimoire from Blazblue and the second is azure flame kite in .hack//G.U .

About FFXIII , I really don't care about it so I am not sure about genre , It maybe a new kind of RPG like : Movie RPG .

Your opinion about versus is right but right now we not sure that SE will change the name or not so just wait until they announce new information

I just want to show Square Enix that people support the decision for the game to be called Final Fantasy XV if they want. I firmly believe the game will get the respect and sales it deserves. I have seen GameStop people try to sell the game to gamers and get them to preorder it. I have heard people say "Oh another XIII game? I don't want to buy anymore Final Fantasy games that have anything to do with that game." Trust me when I say that Versus XIII would benefit from a name change.

Of couse I will support the game and do all I can to make my friends buy the game too. But calling it Versus XIII does it no favors whatsoever.

DerekMaverick
26th Jun 2012, 09:09
@Oerba

Other companies have sold collections with multiple games for $40. The Sly HD collection, God of War orgins collection, God of War collection, etc. There isn't a reason why Square should charge a ridiculous amount for a game I can get off of eBay for $10. But in the end we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? ;D

member_10723676
28th Jun 2012, 15:48
Making a first post to say that, they should definitely make a release date for Versus XIII. If they mention something related to XIII-3, I might die a little inside (As much as I love the FFXIII saga and am anticipating XIII-3, it is high time Versus XIII got a release date).

And I think they shoud could keep the Versus title. 1. It's a cool title. 2. Same mythos. 3. I wouldn't consider it a main FF title (It's a realistic KH, that doesn't seem very Final Fantasy-ish). Whether it's a spin-off or a main title, that won't stop it from potentially being a great game.

And, finger's crossed for an announcement of a X/XII HD bundle for the PS2 remasters. It would be baws.

Also, lol BlazBlue, I've been playing that game back since Calamaity Trigger (was a Hakumen and Ragna main), but got a little bored of it after Extend came out. :p

member_10628951
28th Jun 2012, 17:15
@Judge
Extended is fantastic on the Vita.

Back on topic, this is make or break time for Square Enix and Versus XIII. They NEED to announce info and a release date before or during TGS 2012. If they don't then many fan will not continue to wait and all the excitement for it and all future FF titles will die out.

Sand_Man
28th Jun 2012, 18:11
Kingdom Herts HD Collection, but ONLY...... I stress this ONLY with the FINAL MIX versions of the games. Squre Enix, we hungry over here LOL. I had to go to the Persona series to get a fix for my addiction.......... Who am I kidding. I'll buy whatever HD Collection they throw my way and get the limmited edition version......... I'm that much of a junkie folks LOL.

FINAL FANTASY Type-0 FTW for vita and-or-consoles (cause its that epic, see video)

www.cinemablend.com/games/Final-Fantasy-... (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Final-Fantasy-Type-0-Proves-Square-Doesn-t-Know-How-Promote-Final-Fantasy-36206.html)

<object width="320" height="240" data="http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Final-Fantasy-Type-0-Proves-Square-Doesn-t-Know-How-Promote-Final-Fantasy-36206.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></object>

last but not least, a new DISSIDIA for vita and-or-consoles (cause its that epic)

Sand_Man
28th Jun 2012, 18:36
Also, if your looking for a new IP from SQURE ENIX here it is

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_emb... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UVX0OUO9ptU)

member_10077577
28th Jun 2012, 20:32

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_emb... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UVX0OUO9ptU)

That's not a new IP. That's just a tech demo for their new engine that would possibly never become a game.

A Japanese release for Versus XIII is very necessary. A window, like Q3 2013. Isn't that reasonable? Please announce a releae window!

Sand_Man
28th Jun 2012, 21:00

That's not a new IP. That's just a tech demo for their new engine that would possibly never become a game.

A Japanese release for Versus XIII is very necessary. A window, like Q3 2013. Isn't that reasonable? Please announce a releae window!

I'm starting to think that Final Fantasy XIII Versus was just a tech demo then LOL.

RoyalJam
29th Jun 2012, 04:37

The hell with that, I want a worldwide release like Nomura orginally planned. I do seriously think this game is a lot further along then people think. I suspect they are just doing a marathon a finishing touches to make this a masterpiece. I believe recent and soon to be release games are what is holding up the marketing on this baby.

Sand_Man
29th Jun 2012, 05:37
I figured it out!!! FF13, FF13 versus and FF Agito/Type-0 were all announced at E3 2006. FF13 took 4 years to be released because it was initially being developed for ps2 but shifted to being developed for ps3 and for the first time Xbox which added some years to the development process. Same thing with type-0 being slated as a mobile game then later being switched to the rare dual UMD Psp format........ I believe FF13 versus will be release on the Playstation Orbis/ Playstation 4 and Xbox 720 (maybe even wii u), which once again explains the massive delay.

SIX YEARS!!!!............ If I had a child in 2006 it'd be in daycare lol.

member_10077577
29th Jun 2012, 10:49
I figured it out!!! FF13, FF13 versus and FF Agito/Type-0 were all announced at E3 2006. FF13 took 4 years to be released because it was initially being developed for ps2 but shifted to being developed for ps3 and for the first time Xbox which added some years to the development process. Same thing with type-0 being slated as a mobile game then later being switched to the rare dual UMD Psp format........ I believe FF13 versus will be release on the Playstation Orbis/ Playstation 4 and Xbox 720 (maybe even wii u), which once again explains the massive delay. SIX YEARS!!!!............ If I had a child in 2006 it'd be in daycare lol.

Oh god...They need to release this for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 before they go and decide to have us waste our money just to get a game we wanted long ago.

Sand_Man
29th Jun 2012, 11:20
Oh god...They need to release this for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 before they go and decide to have us waste our money just to get a game we wanted long ago.

But watch this

Assuming the rumors are true and the next gen/cycle of console conflict is going to take place in 2013 and the release date for the Playstation Orbis and Xbox 720 is going to be around the holiday season and, once again, assuming that FF13 Versus is going to be a day-1 launch title (laughs inside), your still looking at over another year of delay for this title. I would expect to wait closer to two more years before I ever grace my eyes on a pre-order page for this title on amazon and assuming they'll make this game before Kingdom Hearts 3, you have an even longer wait for the aforementioned title. That IS making a lot of assumptions so wishful thinking is still able to take root but my fingers are no longer crossed in regards to these titles. Both these two titles are fairy tales to me lol. I'll finally believe they exist when I see them at the pearly-white gates of amazon.com lol.

FF13 Versus and Kingdom Hearts 3.......... Stopped typing thos names in googles search bar years ago.

Squall-Nathan
30th Jun 2012, 13:41
More 3ds games. Final Fantasy V and/or VI 3ds remakes. FFVII Before Crisis 3ds. And an awesome chcocbo racing game for the 3ds that out performs Mario Kart; including customizable chocobos.

Alestes
30th Jun 2012, 13:48
Suikoden VI for the PS3. A Suikoden 1-5 HD Collection would be nice too.

member_10077577
30th Jun 2012, 13:55
More 3ds games. Final Fantasy V ans/or VI 3ds remakes. FFVII Before Crisis 3ds. And an awesome chcocbo racing game for the 3ds that out performs Mario Kart; including customizable chocobos.

Speaking of Chocobos, where the hell was that Chocobo Racing 3D game that was announced at E3 2010? Did I pass it up without knowing?

member_10628951
30th Jun 2012, 15:32
@brawlbull

Your wish is granted: www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ZK9QBY/ref=mp... (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ZK9QBY/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1341088220&sr=8-1)

member_10106331
30th Jun 2012, 20:49
I would love to see a pokemon-esk game based on the summoned creatures of FINAL FANTASY. You catch'em,then,go into battle.They evolve like(don't know if anyone remember this game) CHOAS LEGEN.maybe one day squeenix will hear my cries.

Sand_Man
1st Jul 2012, 09:27
@brawlbull Your wish is granted: www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ZK9QBY/ref=mp... (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ZK9QBY/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1341088220&sr=8-1)

Hahahaha that's right. And I'm on amazon nonstop too. They must have stopped suggesting it after a while cause I make it a point to check all 20 pages of suggestions just to see if there's something I want that I don't know I want yet lol. An example being the complete works of Marvel vs Capcom and maybe st x tk artworks.

Grimoire
3rd Sep 2012, 03:03
TGS - Website Update

www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs12/ (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs12/)

Current Lineup:

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Demon's Score

Dragon Quest X

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D

Emperor's SaGa

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Galaxy Dungeon

Gyrozetter

Hitman: Absolution

Lord of Vermilion Re: 2

Otome Break

Sleeping Dogs

Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3

Symphonica: Grand Maestro

The World Ends With You: Solo Remix

Malmern
3rd Sep 2012, 09:51
More 3ds games. Final Fantasy V and/or VI 3ds remakes. FFVII Before Crisis 3ds. And an awesome chcocbo racing game for the 3ds that out performs Mario Kart; including customizable chocobos.

And with spells etc. instead of shells & bananas etc.? ;)

member_10085059
4th Sep 2012, 00:19
Looks like the only thing in their lineup that I care about is Bracely Default Flying Fairy. sigghhh. Oh well.

Grimoire
5th Sep 2012, 09:06
Tokyo Game Show 2012 Lineup Questions

eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/tokyo-game-sh... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/tokyo-game-show-2012-lineup)

Ben Bateman (SEM EU): "We'll be reporting from the event so if there's any specific games you want us to look at or any questions you have about them let us know."

(Post your questions here and I will forward them to the EU staff.)

Sand_Man
7th Sep 2012, 18:36
UPDATE!!! I know this is off topic but I emplore you alls to SIGN THIS PETITION!!!

techdeville.com/2012/09/07/project-cryst... (http://techdeville.com/2012/09/07/project-crystallis-a-fan-based-movement-for-final-fantasy/)

I wrote someting along the lines of

"I have supported a similar initiative known as "Operation Rainfall", (with my wallet no less) by purchasing the two localized versions of The Last Story (Collectors Edition) and Xenoblade Chronicles (Gamestop pre-order w artbook) and I pledge to also support these two games when released (With said wallet)"

Grimoire
10th Sep 2012, 03:12
SQUARE ENIX Booth Map

www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs12/images/booth... (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs12/images/booth.jpg)

www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs12/images/map.j... (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs12/images/map.jpg)

Grimoire
19th Sep 2012, 13:11
SQUARE ENIX Booth Photos

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.465716... (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.465716213449968.104155.236792046342387#!/media/set/?set=a.465716213449968.104155.236792046342387)

FinalFantasy107
19th Sep 2012, 13:21
Well its already been said but NO VERSUS and no new game footage for Lightning Returns. Is that true my sources are usually unreliable. Nothing about Type 0 being released in U.S so my wishlist is pretty much non exsistent

Grimoire
19th Sep 2012, 13:32
That is correct. I heard about it from Ben Bateman (SEM EU) myself.

Ben Bateman: "Unfortunately if it's not in this blog post then don't expect any surprises."

eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/tokyo-game-sh... (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/tokyo-game-show-2012-lineup)

"As I explained in the blog, while I know you're eager to hear about those games [KH III, VXIII, T-0] (me too) they won't be present at TGS."

Grimoire
20th Sep 2012, 01:33
SQUARE ENIX TGS Page

SQUARE ENIX Booth Photos

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.465716... (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.465716213449968.104155.236792046342387#!/media/set/?set=a.465716213449968.104155.236792046342387)

www.i-mezzo.net/log/2012/09/22180939.htm... (http://www.i-mezzo.net/log/2012/09/22180939.html)

FINAL FANTASY 25th Anniversary Gallery Photos From TGS

www.siliconera.com/2012/09/19/final-fant... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/19/final-fantasy-25th-anniversary-gallery-photos-from-tgs/)

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix Coming To PlayStation 3 In 2013

www.siliconera.com/2012/09/19/kingdom-he... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/19/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-coming-to-playstation-3-in-2013/)

BRAVELY DEFAULT: FLYING FAIRY ? Tokyo Game Show 2012 trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqusbquj7E0&nore... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqusbquj7E0&noredirect=1)

FINAL FANTASY III PSP Promo and SEM JP Avatar Items

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.421677... (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.421677564557621.98170.220023421389704&type=1)

member.square-enix.com/jp/special/ff3/ (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/special/ff3/)

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A New Adventure Trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzNEdfcm4mQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzNEdfcm4mQ)

LEGEND WORLD - New SEM JP Avatar Game

member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legen... (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/gamezone/legendworld/)

Rufus Shinra Play Arts

twitter.com/M_Alloc/status/2485916063772... (https://twitter.com/M_Alloc/status/248591606377230336)

twitter.com/M_Alloc/status/2485919410113... (https://twitter.com/M_Alloc/status/248591941011394560)

KINDGOM HEARTS II Formation Arts Vol. 3

twitpic.com/awf950 (http://twitpic.com/awf950)

Rinoa and Aerith Trading Arts mini - Full Colour

twitpic.com/awfaig (http://twitpic.com/awfaig)

More Merchandise Pictures from TGS

twitpic.com/photos/M_Alloc (http://twitpic.com/photos/M_Alloc)

SQUARE ENIX TGS Pamphlet Cover

twitpic.com/awf70t (http://twitpic.com/awf70t)

SQUARE ENIX TGS Merchandise Wall

twitpic.com/awfslm (http://twitpic.com/awfslm)

stealth
20th Sep 2012, 08:23
poor delluded people

Square doesnt care about rpgs or good games anymore

Grimoire
20th Sep 2012, 08:41
Of course they do.

The avatar game looks so amazing it's almost scary...

Grimoire
21st Sep 2012, 02:26
FINAL FANTASY III - Music Video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELkQwHhCXpA&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELkQwHhCXpA&feature=youtu.be)

"Final Fantasy III PSP Coming To North America Next Week"

www.siliconera.com/2012/09/21/final-fant... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/21/final-fantasy-iii-psp-coming-to-north-america-next-week/)

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 at the Japanese Game Awards ceremony

shinozou.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-48.html (http://shinozou.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-48.html)

"Dragon Quest X Gains Ranger And Paladin Jobs, Level Cap Levels Up To 55"

www.siliconera.com/2012/09/21/dragon-que... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/21/dragon-quest-x-gains-ranger-and-paladin-jobs-level-cap-levels-up-to-55/)

"Dragon Quest X For Wii U Has Better Shadows, Same Content As Wii Version"

www.siliconera.com/2012/09/21/dragon-que... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/21/dragon-quest-x-for-wii-u-has-better-shadows-same-content-as-wii-version/)

Merchandise

"Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box Promo Shows What&rsquo;s Inside The Box"

www.siliconera.com/2012/09/20/final-fant... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/20/final-fantasy-25th-anniversary-ultimate-box-promo-shows-whats-inside-the-box/)

- KINGDOM HEARTS

marshallalloc.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-... (http://marshallalloc.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-887.html)

- Rufus Shinra

marshallalloc.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-... (http://marshallalloc.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-888.html)

www.moeyo.com/2012/09/tgs2012_square-eni... (http://www.moeyo.com/2012/09/tgs2012_square-enix_ff7-ac-rufus.html)

- Batman & Friends (Additional PLAY ARTS)

marshallalloc.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-... (http://marshallalloc.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-889.html)

- TRADING ARTS mini Aerith, Rinoa, MASTER CREATURES Kefka and Bahamut, MGS PLAY ARTS, DRAGON QUEST figures and misc

marshallalloc.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-... (http://marshallalloc.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-890.html)

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.465716... (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.465716213449968.104155.236792046342387&type=1)

Grimoire
21st Sep 2012, 15:47
KINGDOM HEARTS - PC Browser Game

www.4gamer.net/games/092/G009287/2012092... (http://www.4gamer.net/games/092/G009287/20120921013/)

A new 2D game has been revealed, featuring Disney characters such as Alice.

Grimoire
24th Sep 2012, 01:39
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix First Look With The TGS Trailer

www.siliconera.com/2012/09/23/kingdom-he... (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/23/kingdom-hearts-hd-1-5-remix-first-look-with-the-tgs-trailer/)

TWEWY -Solo Remix- TGS Trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8KIXvd0KOA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8KIXvd0KOA)

SQUARE ENIX MOBILE TGS2012 Trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYag-ybCd6Y (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYag-ybCd6Y)

member_10085059
6th Oct 2012, 07:02
Giant meh from me again. I really was hoping for something new and exciting. Guess not. blah