PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Tomb Raider Villian

Lud*s Gate
16th Apr 2004, 01:03
My favorite villain is Ms. Sophia Lee from Tomb Raider III. Even though her time on the screen was short her presence and the storyline built around her was brilliant. I was left wanting to see more of her character.

baylisst
16th Apr 2004, 09:15
what about Puna (the guy in the chair in tr3 south pacific) or natla's big legless alien thingy or set, who possessed W.V.Croy or karel? anyways i voted for natla. she's the only boss i found difficult, probably because i was so young when i did tr1.

Lud*s Gate
16th Apr 2004, 11:49
For this poll I decided to choose villains that I like that are human or human-like and are featured in scenes where they are speaking with Lara. Also a poll only allows ten options. I chose nine that I remembered.

collver
16th Apr 2004, 13:51
yep sophia almost as good look'n as lara wait........nope bad comparison lol:D

baylisst
16th Apr 2004, 15:07
ohh... i see... :o
you are forgiven:cool: (only joking:D )

Catlantean
16th Apr 2004, 18:39
Natla, of course. Ten thousand years old, bright and beautiful :) She could eat all the others (except maybe for Set) for breakfast.

My 2nd favourite is Sophia. She is a minor boss, true, but also the only TR villain besides Natla who's evil and dangerous without being screaming insane.

brent6980
17th Apr 2004, 01:22
my choice was bartolli

he had all these followers in his evil quest... i found that neat

WesternWhiteWolf
21st Apr 2004, 23:09
Well, I would've voted for Karel, but he isn't listed here.:(

I did vote for Dr. Willard, even though I probably like the main villains from the other games just as much. I chose him because he seems to me to be the most innocent (well, sort of). He was so wrapped up in his search for scientific discovery that he gave up his own humanity. Not world domination or anything like that, just science, so it wouldn't necessarily make him evil, but unethical. It really makes ya think.

Rascalius
22nd Apr 2004, 00:26
You should include level bosses aswell. My fave' was that legless freak from the first game, the big, bullet-proof, skinless thing, plus those Centaurs in Atlantis were pretty ferocious too. Fave vilain was Bartoli though.

Lud*s Gate
31st Jul 2004, 02:47
The boss guy at the end of the South Pacific levels on Tomb Raider III was cool too.

Lud*s Gate
31st Jul 2004, 02:54
The boss guy at the end of the South Pacific levels on Tomb Raider III was cool too.

WesternWhiteWolf
31st Jul 2004, 16:30
The South Pacific boss is named Puna. He's the resident cannibal god there.:D

Lud*s Gate
3rd Sep 2004, 11:31
The boss from the Temple of Puna is cool and mysterious.

baylisst
3rd Sep 2004, 16:02
he's got a really big spinny chair aswell :D

Natla_Of_Atlantis
1st Jul 2005, 18:41
Natla of course. She's the best.

Mangar The Dark
2nd Jul 2005, 13:06
Definitely Von Croy. They really took the time to develop him into a character, rather than just a generic "bad guy." It was cool to see how he evolved from mentor to evil villain, and then finally redeeming himself. And in Chronicles, he was also a victim while Evil Lara broke into his office complex, murdered his coworkers and stole what was rightfully his (was there ANY justification for what she did in that game? Or did Core just assume we'd like to play the part of the villain for a change?) Actually, now that I think about it, he was also the victim in AOD when Lara was wrongfully accusing him of abandoning her (after all the time he spent out in the desert searching for her), and then the poor guy gets shot. Lara can really be a you-know-what sometimes!

Sophia Leigh
2nd Jul 2005, 13:28
Natla of course. She's the best.

No, Sophia Leigh is the best :D :D :D

Hi Natla, nice to see you over here XD

SethKoopa
3rd Jul 2005, 17:23
I chose Natla. She was the first villain and one of the most intriguing ones. Von Croy is without a doubt the deepest villain, but Natla did such a good job as a starting TR villain that she got my vote.

Godfather
10th Jul 2005, 14:47
I chose Natla. She was the first villain and one of the most intriguing ones. Von Croy is without a doubt the deepest villain, but Natla did such a good job as a starting TR villain that she got my vote.

Me too. I thought she was evil, but in an extremely sexy way. :o At times I had trouble choosing sides ... Lara or Natla? :p But eventually I chose Lara Croft because she allowed me to play with her and I also wanted to know how the story ended, right? ;) :thumbsup:

Warrior Squirrel
14th Jul 2005, 20:51
Well I chose Pierre because he was the first really annoying villian I came across in the original game. I spent ages trying to shoot him dead early in the game before I realised that it was impossible to do it yet. After that I took great pleasure in putting hundreds of rounds into him with cheat coded Uzis whenever he turned up.
I do agree about Sophia though, she was far too brief a villian and I would've liked to see her with a larger role.

Godfather
28th Jul 2005, 18:53
I do agree about Sophia though, she was far too brief a villian and I would've liked to see her with a larger role.

Well, she DOES return in "Tomb Raider III: The lost artifact".

Godfather
28th Jul 2005, 19:03
Von Croy was also the victim in AOD when Lara was wrongfully accusing him of abandoning her (after all the time he spent out in the desert searching for her), and then the poor guy gets shot. Lara can really be a you-know-what sometimes!

Not many people know this, but let me tell you the only true story what really went down there at the end of "Tomb Raider: Chronicles". :)

First of all: when you install the "Tomb Raider Level Editor" you get a handful of levels when you click on tomb4.exe and the first one of those is an entirely new level. It starts by saying 'The year 2000 .... somewhere in Egypt' and it shows you how Lara Croft managed to get out of the piramid ... how she survived after her fall. This is important stuff, because even though this level is very short ... it IS an official one and it'll show you that Lara Croft was carrying her backpack all along!! :eek:

This could only mean that the backpack Werner Von Croy found wasn't hers. From there on there is only one reasonable explanation: Von Croy ran out of money AND patience and decided (in his typical backstabbing way) to make it look like that backpack had layed there all the time. He had planted a backpack just one like Lara's somewhere at the same place where she had been before. And so he said:" She's alive". The only reason as to why he said this, is so he could end his grand search without feeling all too guilty about it and to give his workers the idea that Lara Croft was all right and would soon be back home! :mad:

So you see for yourself! Werner Von Croy is very much guilty and he DID leave Lara Croft in Egypt for death. It's a good thing that he's dead .... who knows what else he was up to, right? ;)

Bye for now

WraithStar
31st Jul 2005, 18:00
I had to go with Natla on this one :) I'm replaying TR1 right now, in fact, and I just replayed TR5 a week ago. I have a question about Larson and Pierre which I will put in spoiler tags in case someone didn't win both games yet.
Larson and Pierre die in TR1. How are they in TR5, then, since they die there too?

EDIT: I found a thread where this question was already discussed. http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51346&highlight=larson There doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer.

Lud*s Gate
31st Jul 2005, 18:11
My thoughts exactly: It is inconsistent and makes no sense. That is part of the reason why Tomb Raider Chronicles is my least favorite Tomb Raider game in the whole series. Who knows why the makers of the game brought Pierre and Larson back to Tomb Raider Chronicles? Did they think we forgot about them or that people who played Tomb Raider wouldn't play Tomb Raider Chronicles? Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea and I have never read any information explaining the situation. :confused:

susan
1st Aug 2005, 00:37
First of all: when you install the "Tomb Raider Level Editor" you get a handful of levels when you click on tomb4.exe and the first one of those is an entirely new level. It starts by saying 'The year 2000 .... somewhere in Egypt' and it shows you how Lara Croft managed to get out of the piramid ... how she survived after her fall. This is important stuff, because even though this level is very short ... it IS an official one and it'll show you that Lara Croft was carrying her backpack all along!! :eek:

I never knew this level existed until you said, I thought they were all ordinary TR4 levels so I ignored them. Anyway I just played it to see what happened. It's short but sweet, I was engrossed immediately.

Thanks. :thumbsup: :)

Von Croy is still my no. 2 favourite TR character though.

Favourite villian = Set.

Sophia Leigh
1st Aug 2005, 10:49
I had to go with Natla on this one :) I'm replaying TR1 right now, in fact, and I just replayed TR5 a week ago. I have a question about Larson and Pierre which I will put in spoiler tags in case someone didn't win both games yet.
Larson and Pierre die in TR1. How are they in TR5, then, since they die there too?

EDIT: I found a thread where this question was already discussed. http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51346&highlight=larson There doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer.

I really like Dino's response in post #10 :D

star girl
10th Aug 2005, 14:00
Eckhardt, never played any other TR game. I am working on TR3 though, Nevada.

.chio.
21st Aug 2005, 19:30
Originally Posted by Lud*s Gate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite villain is Ms. Sophia Lee from Tomb Raider III. Even though her time on the screen was short her presence and the storyline built around her was brilliant. I was left wanting to see more of her character.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutelly agree

SethKoopa
10th Sep 2005, 17:01
Why isn't Set included in this? He was my very favourite villain.

robson001
10th Oct 2005, 18:52
Natla, of course!

Raven
12th Oct 2005, 02:23
Gotta love Karel. He's as far from the hackneyed type of ranting mad scientist (Eckhardt) as possible. Rather, he has great patience and intelligence, and has spent years carefully formulating his plans. He's also extremely manipulative and has everyone in the game running around doing his bidding, without them even knowing it. This amuses me :D

A curse upon Lara for foiling his plans! :p

And did I mention his deep, sexy, cultured, authoritative voice.... ;)

tinybears
20th Oct 2005, 00:12
i agree Set should be included coz hes my fav!!!!!!!!!! :p

GeorgeMaciver
20th Oct 2005, 07:00
The T Rex was my fav! Especially Nightmare in Vegas.

Mangar The Dark
20th Oct 2005, 20:41
Not many people know this, but let me tell you the only true story what really went down there at the end of "Tomb Raider: Chronicles". :)

Sorry for the delayed response! You know, I've played that level before, and it never even occurred to me that it was supposed to depict how Lara survived the end of TR4. Not sure if there's any truth to it, or if you're just kidding, but it's an interesting idea.

GeorgeMaciver
20th Oct 2005, 22:05
The tutorial level is the escape from the pyramid story? Intriguing!

Raven
20th Oct 2005, 22:54
I've just installed the editor so I could play that level; interesting, but in some ways unremarkable. It simply plays like a standard Last Revelation level, with Lara totally unharmed, complete with backpack and guns, running happily through a series of rooms with a few puzzles, fighting ninjas along the way until she gets to the outside of the pyramid where a Jeep is waiting for her.

The scanty information we have from Core on the period between TLR and AoD says that she clawed her way out of the pyramid but with no memory of how it happened, was found, adopted and nursed back to health by an African Shaman and her tribe, and then travelled with them until they were murdered.

This doesn't really fit with the tutorial level. So I doubt the tutorial is supposed to be the official line on how Lara escaped....

SethKoopa
16th Dec 2005, 15:55
Very true. The tutorial Level editor level is just that and nothing more. It shows many different things that you can do with the material that comes with the editor. The text "Egypt, the year 2000" I'm sure is just put in for, for want of a better word, 'colouring'.

Lud*s Gate
14th Jan 2007, 17:18
My poll is still waiting for more responses.

Terminatorvs
15th Jan 2007, 09:31
Why not include every villian from every TR game?