PDA

View Full Version : The Last Revelation Help

n44ss
16th Apr 2004, 00:25
I'm in Part 5, the Trenches, and I have to use the Revolver/LaserSight to shoot a button/switch off in the distance through a slot in the wall. I've tried every position I can think of and I've been stuck here for days. HEEEEELP !!!
:mad:

Dino
16th Apr 2004, 01:30
You need to use the crossbow with the laser sight with an explosive arrow.

n44ss
17th Apr 2004, 17:52
Tried the crossbow/LaserSight/Explosive Ammo combination with no luck. Game would not let me fire the weapon. Still Stuck !?!:confused:

Dino
17th Apr 2004, 20:39
I don't understand that. It has always worked for me.

You combine the crossbow with the laser sight, choose crossbow explosive ammo, then equip the weapon.

You have used the crossbow before, haven't you? In Coastal Ruins in the shooting gallery and maybe on some skeletons?

n44ss
17th Apr 2004, 23:18
AH HA!. I have no explosive arrows. Any idea where I can find some on this level??n4***@adelphia.net

Dino
18th Apr 2004, 07:02
I certainly don't remember where I found explosive arrows, but just now I loaded a save game to take me to when I entered The Trenches the second time the last time I played the game. I had 120 explosive arrows at that time.

How could you arrive there with none? Did you have some and use them all?

I looked at Stella's walkthrough and am quoting a couple of paragraphs from it:

"Look through the opening and locate the electrical box across the street. The crossbow fitted with the laser sight works well here. Hit the red light squarely and one normal arrow should do it. Or, you can use the pistols and just keep firing. (Lara won't auto-aim, so you'll have to turn her until she's shooting in the right direction.) When the box starts to smoke (as shown in this screenshot), you'll know you've disabled it. This opens a door elsewhere. Return to the opening above the street and safety drop to the ground."

"(NOTE: For some reason—I think holding the Look button, as you must when using the laser sight, prevents it—I didn't get a cut scene showing this, though I did get one when I used the corner bug to get up on the roof and shot the box from there. This screenshot, from that cut scene, shows the door opening.)"

I have always used an explosive arrow. I have tried the revolver with the laser sight, but that didn't work for me. I don't think I have ever tried a normal arrow as Stella mensions. And I've never seen the cut scene with the smoking box as she describes it.

The nearest explosive arrow pickup I could find in her walkthrough is across the deep pit in The City of the Dead, a part of Secret #2 in that level. Did you get that Secret? You have to have the nitro boost to jump that pit.

This is the link for the Stella's Walkthrough: http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR4walk/trenches.html