PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Addons?

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 02:44
Will Final Fantasy Support Addons like other games? Just curious really hope they don't addons to me dumb down a game just my opinion and I'm sure many will disagree. But just wondering if it can even support addons?

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:03
Yes, A Realm Reborn will have Addon support. However, the time when addons will be allowed has not been released yet, but they will be supported at some point after launch.

Keltus
22nd Aug 2013, 03:03
From what i saw up till now, Final Fantasy ARR will be able to support addons, yes.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:06
Of course, while Addons will be supported, they will not be required to play the game.

Roguekitty
23rd Aug 2013, 22:59
Will Final Fantasy Support Addons like other games? Just curious really hope they don't addons to me dumb down a game just my opinion and I'm sure many will disagree. But just wondering if it can even support addons?

If you think they dumb a game down, you can always not use them.

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 23:02
I have always been against addons, the game has everything you need, also if addons like DPS meter and things of that nature make their way into the game it will open the door for all of that elitist BS you find on WoW. If addons do come in, then I hope they're cosmetic and nothing more.

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 23:08
I'm not a fan of add-ons either.
They make some things easier to pay attention to, but detract from the feel of the game.

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 23:10
I'm not a fan of add-ons either.
They make some things easier to pay attention to, but detract from the feel of the game. Exactly! also if it get's like WoW then people will demand it for raids,so people like myself will not be-able to go with them due to my dislike to them,which is exactly what I meant by elitist BS

Roguekitty
23rd Aug 2013, 23:52
I have always been against addons, the game has everything you need, also if addons like DPS meter and things of that nature make their way into the game it will open the door for all of that elitist BS you find on WoW. If addons do come in, then I hope they're cosmetic and nothing more.

I like DPS meters. Without them, I feel like I don't know if I'm doing as much DPS as I should be. It also helps a lot to notice if someone isn't doing anything, like if they're just running up and auto attacking. I don't like the "elitist" ways of using it, but I do like being able to see how much I'm doing. Otherwise it feels like driving a car with no speedometer. You'd be able to tell if you were going fast or not, but not if you could do something to go faster.

CryXis4
24th Aug 2013, 22:29
I'm just wondering, but will it be possible for future addons in the future?

Will Square itself encourage addons and useful third party devices?
(Similar to how WoW encourages such things as addons, while Enmasse's Tera discourages addons and mods)

I'm just wondering and curious where Square will be taking their games.

Cause I want a Dps meter really :v

Kiritos
24th Aug 2013, 22:51
I sure hope not, people ruin the experience by them

Nangasaur
24th Aug 2013, 22:54
I do NOT want to join a group through instance finder and be spammed by kiddies and their DPS meters. Another game fixed this problem by not showing combat log damage of other players.

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 22:58
I want a dmg meter. It doesnt care me if i can post it in the chat or not, I want to know my damage.

Rover83
24th Aug 2013, 23:00
I want a dmg meter. It doesnt care me if i can post it in the chat or not, I want to know my damage.

Than look at your combat log. I agree that all these mods have ruined immersion factors in these games. There's mods that hold your hands on mechanics, dmg, best gear sims, etc, all a bunch of bs to make the games even easier then all of them are. No

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 23:02
Than look at your combat log. I agree that all these mods have ruined immersion factors in these games. There's mods that hold your hands on mechanics, dmg, best gear sims, etc, all a bunch of bs to make the games even easier then all of them are. No

Watch in combat log doenst tell me enough.. try it in other games and count ur dps with the combat log, its impossible and the results are not specific enough. Stupid idea, really.

Rover83
24th Aug 2013, 23:05
Watch in combat log doenst tell me enough.. try it in other games and count ur dps with the combat log, its impossible and the results are not specific enough. Stupid idea, really.

It's not impossible. Make the chat screen larger, turn off other ppls dmg, turn off all the effects that go to your combat log so that all you see are the dmg numbers and walla! your dmg.

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 23:13
except the fact that u always have to count ur dps, dps tests are Boss / encounter specific. Furthermore, if you really want to test a difference or a change, a dps test will takes about 10 minutes (critical hits, dot crits, proccluck e.t.c.) .

U cant count always everything out from the chat log. Furthermore, a dps meter would show u your amount of critical hits, DoT dmg, parry/block, misses e.t.c. with only 1 click.

Shamanbabe
24th Aug 2013, 23:17
'Add-ons' ruin immersion in a game, next would u like boss timers telling you the boss does thing :(?
If things die quick then your doing something right, If so-so then w/e, If it takes 10 mins to kill something your lvl thats a normal mob then u need to do things :D

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 23:25
'Add-ons' ruin immersion in a game, next would u like boss timers telling you the boss does thing :(?
If things die quick then your doing something right, If so-so then w/e, If it takes 10 mins to kill something your lvl thats a normal mob then u need to do things :D

With or without addons u will notice when the boss is activating his skill X on target X, it would not matter.
Addons doesnt ruin a game,

The basic idea behind addons is that the player can customize his UI. A function like that is already implented from Squere Enix. (Its great SE, ty!)
Addons would allow you to show ur Bags different, customize ur UI more and aggro meter, or a dmg meter.

SE could restrict some features but however i would love to use one of this addons: it´s impossible.

SE doesnt support it and they never planned addons for the game.

All i can say is: a dmg meter would be great, but it will never happened, unfortunately. But its a decision SE made, not the Community.
Furthermore.... Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy ... it has a unique Art. Its a feeling. The devs knows how to give us that feeling and i dont want to have changes cause the community want it, like in WoW.

Shamanbabe
24th Aug 2013, 23:29
Yush, Just give me a chance to log in and listen to nostalgia music : >

Nimzar
24th Aug 2013, 23:37
Addons would make this just like WoW and if I wanted to play a WoW style game then I would play WoW. Hell no to addons of any kind.