PDA

View Full Version : Error messages

John D.
10th Apr 2004, 22:48
I may have gotten these before, but it's been a while. One of them is a 'PortalClipPolygonByPlane: Didnt find exactly two spanning points' error. If I'm right, that means I've got a solid or air brush that doesnt quite fit right?
It wouldnt have anything to do with any objects would it? Any way I can track the offending brush down without having to go through the whole area-brush/optimise routine until I can trace it down?

The other error I get before the other one is a 'Ran out of concrete obj ID's re-run with a larger obj_max'. I have to hit cancel to enable dromed to keep on optimizing. What's with that? I'm still adding air/solid brushes and only have a few objects around. How do I fix that?:confused:

Gumdrop
10th Apr 2004, 23:21
Not had the first error before, but I think area brushes are (probably) your only option. First I would check parts of the map that feature rotated brushes at odd angles like circular tunnels or spiral stairs.

The second error can be fixed by changing the max object count (provided you haven't already done so). Can't remember how you do it so I'd do a search at TTLG. Keep in mind that you need to keep 100 or so below the max altered limit to allow for blood/crate damage etc...

John D.
11th Apr 2004, 02:24
I think I've found what caused the portal clip error. I have a section which extends for over 1000 dromed units. Once I took that out everything worked fine-sorry but looks like the cave section is out.:(

As for the object error I'm a bit puzzeled. I checked the info window command and it says I only have close to 1400 objects, I've checked the Dark file and it says the limits are 2400, so why should I be having that message when I'm 1000 short?:confused: I reset the max objects to 3400
and everything worked fine.

theBlackman
11th Apr 2004, 02:36
Originally posted by John D.
I think I've found what caused the portal clip error. I have a section which extends for over 1000 dromed units. Once I took that out everything worked fine-sorry but looks like the cave section is out.:(

You may extend 1000 in any direction from ZERO, or 0,0,0 with a width, depth max of 2000, so if you shift the area more to the center of the CUBE of DROMED (2000 x 2000 x 2000) it might work for you.

Think of it as -plus 1000-0-1000 minus- in all directions from 0 with 0 as neutral and +/- to the right and left of neutral.

John D.
12th Apr 2004, 00:32
Hmm, I may try and multibrush the caves with adjustments later, but I'm going to detail the rest of the area that's most vital to the mission first. Then I'll start trying to add some of the cave parts back in. Has anyone figured out why I'm getting the object message with only 1400 objects yet?