PDA

View Full Version : Copying over the save files...

Yuri21
9th Apr 2004, 10:18
Is it possible to copy over the save files from the Thief 1 demo into the save files section of the full game? That's 'cos I liked the demo so much I think I'm going to buy Thief 1 and 2! XD I just want to copy over the files so that I won't have to go through it all again.

Thx for reading! ;)

Peter_Smith
10th Apr 2004, 00:48
In general, you can move save files to different folders and replace them with other save files. However, it does you no good unless the saved files are 100% compatible in terms of data content with the game. For example, you could not load a T1 save file in T2. I don't know if the game and the demo are compatible. I have never played the demo.

Even if they were compatible, I don't know if there is a logical continuation from the demo to the real game. It doesn't really matter, though. Just load the real game, start it, and see if you have played the mission before. If so, hit ctrl-alt-shift-end together, and you will end the current mission and go on to the next.

Another possibility is to use the demo as a learning experience and go through it again with more style. Less killing and more sneaking. It takes a while for a new Thief player to get it.

One final thing. If you can find it, I can suggest Thief Gold rather than Thief TDP. Gold has three extra missions and is the last bug fix.

And remember, there are approximately 400 fan missions (FMs) awaiting you that play under T1 and T2 after you have played the originals.

Yuri21
10th Apr 2004, 03:32
Oh well, thanks so much for the suggestions! ^_^

And yes, thank you, I'll look for Thief Gold.

Hmmm well, so far I have not killed anyone in the demo yet. I just crept behind them and knocked them out or blew out the torches.

And by fan missions, do you mean sites like this? http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/

Peter_Smith
10th Apr 2004, 05:34
Yes. Komag has a great site, but you should also look at this one:

http://thiefmissions.com/

Yuri21
22nd Apr 2004, 12:50
Thanks, I'll have a look at the site. ;)