PDA

View Full Version : Hacks for XP

Daddy0h
5th Apr 2004, 04:14
I am playing on XP and I have a peculiar situation. The sounds created by the AI characters are not very loud. I have to set my volume quite high to hear the guards and that makes Garret's sounds too loud(the wife keeps kicking me out of the room). I tried messing with the sliders in the program but to no avail. Also, I cannot get out of the 60 MHz refresh rate that XP has me locked in. Any hacks on how to change that?
Thanks and may your pickings be plentiful

Stile451
5th Apr 2004, 06:11
Never heard of the sound problem before so I have no idea.

The refresh rate bug has been fixed by a Windows update so go update Windows. You need to go to the Display Properties>Settings tab>Advanced>Monitor tab to change the refresh rate.

Daddy0h
5th Apr 2004, 19:12
I went through 328 or so windoze updates and I didn't see the one for the refresh rate. Do you know the specific one or do you have any other ideas?
Happy pickings.

Stile451
5th Apr 2004, 20:43
I was pretty sure it was in Service Pack 1, but it still only fixes it for Direct 3D.

Here (http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/) is a program that will fix the refresh rate bug. I've never used it though as I don't have that problem.

Irenices
8th Apr 2004, 09:53
Is your hardware accel on for sound? i know when mine is on everything gets super quiet and it sounds like the same problem your haveing.

Daddy0h
8th Apr 2004, 16:11
I will check... if program accel is on, hardware should be off and if hardware accel is on... game's should be off? Only one... is that what you are saying?
Thanks.

Irenices
8th Apr 2004, 23:24
oh sorry just accel for sound, not for the game. Its in the sound options area.