PDA

View Full Version : Game runs too FAST

jxp92
1st Apr 2004, 19:57
Haven't played this game in a while, probably at least a year or more. I can't remember if I've played since I upgraded my CPU from a 1.6Ghz to a 2.4Ghz P4, but I know I definitely have not played it since I started using Windows XP. I do know that when I played before, the game ran quite smoothly and was a lot of fun.

Recently I re-installed the game and applied the 1.01 patch. The problem is that the game now plays much faster than normal, to the point where 47 looks like he's running even when he's only walking, and all the NPCs are 3 or 4 times faster than they ought to be. Kind of reminds me of trying to play some old dos game on a Pentium 2, even though the game was designed to run on a 486. The game is not realistic or even playable in this state, everything happens way too fast. It's ironic I know, usually the problem is the other way around. But this way is just as bad, if not worse. It's kind of funny to watch everyone "powerwalking" around like a bunch of penguins on speed (that's what they look like) but it's no fun at all to play.

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and all the graphics settings are at the max or near it. 512M of RAM. Not that this should be a factor.

Has this happened to any of you that have mid-to-high-level gaming rigs and/or are running XP?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Mike_B
2nd Apr 2004, 05:49
http://gamehippo.com/free_util/turbo.shtml

jxp92
2nd Apr 2004, 09:32
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it. However, I just tried playing the original installation under Windows 98 (My machine is dual-boot) and it seems to play normally. So the issue doesn't seem to be related to the CPU as much as the OS. But the documentation does say the game supports XP, so what gives, Eidos?

Emultra
2nd Apr 2004, 14:46
LoL, what's the world gotten to, games running too good...again. ;)

Jumpin_Jebus
13th Apr 2004, 01:44
This is usually caused when you transfer Hitman 2 saves from one operating system to another. If you created your saves on say, Windows ME, and you transferred them to Windows XP, then they will cause the game to run really fast. Try downloading a save file from www.HitmanForum.com or try starting a new game.

hipnocat
27th Apr 2004, 19:40
yeah, the same thing happened to me. I got some save files of my friend, and when playing them, hitman acted like he was on steroids or something.