PDA

View Full Version : Cieth Missions

Squall-Nathan
23rd Jun 2012, 09:47
Is it worth it to beat them all? I recently finished XIII-2 and decided to go back and 100% XIII. I recall doing about 30 of the Cieth missions and getting stuck at the Giant's missions in the Steppe. Anyway, share your experiences with the Cieth Missions here. :)

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 12:35
Especially if you're wanting to go for 5-star ratings on all of them, then yes. Mission 64 awards the Gold Watch, which increases the target time limit and allows you to get those better scores.

... Mission 64 is also blooming hard unless you know what you're doing and are built up.

YoshiKatYoko
23rd Jun 2012, 12:40
I love defeating high Ceith missions pre-post game.

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 14:26
If having dat platinum is rewarding to you, then it's definately worth it. Otherwise, I would just do missions 51 (Attacus), 54 (Gigantaur), and 64 (forgot his name, but just spam poison on him while tanking and healing and you're almost guarenteed five starts). The first two are fun (IMO), and the third nets you the golden watch, a must have for item farming as it makes it sooooo much easier to get 5 stars on many fights.

YoshiKatYoko
23rd Jun 2012, 14:41
Mission 64 is Vercingetorix.

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 15:59
Getting to Attacus, however, does mean Titan's Trials. All of it.

Happy hunting!

Rockman22
23rd Jun 2012, 16:03
if you say so.

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 16:10

Happy hunting!

...totally forgot that. Haha Attacus is an amazingly fun fight though, postgame especially. Once you get all three Genji Gloves you can just drive the chain up to around 925% and then swap to Cerberus to watch the big pretty numbers ^^ his stagger threshold is 999.9% so you actually don't want to stagger him, just get him close to it

Squall-Nathan
24th Jun 2012, 15:16
Oh man, Titan's Trials. If I could just beat them. I'm not one to grind for levels (or atleast enjoy doing it) so I'm stuck. One of these days I'll get some more of the missions done. I have yet to face this Attacus so that will be my goal next time I start playing XIII.

member_10073902
25th Jun 2012, 01:24
I think the Cieth stone missions/postgame are where the XIII's excellent battle system really shines, so yes, I think it's worth it! Five-starring Vercingetorix was a very satisfying experience. I don't think any of the postgame fights are as difficult as superbosses from other FF games, but the frenetic paradigm shifting in XIII makes for some pretty unique battles.

YoshiKatYoko
29th Jun 2012, 11:20

Happy hunting!

...totally forgot that. Haha Attacus is an amazingly fun fight though, postgame especially. Once you get all three Genji Gloves you can just drive the chain up to around 925% and then swap to Cerberus to watch the big pretty numbers ^^ his stagger threshold is 999.9% so you actually don't want to stagger him, just get him close to it

Getting to 900% chain is an easy way to net yourself on Doom mark..

iambasho777
29th Jun 2012, 12:13
He casts doom? I never saw that happen any of the three times I fought him. The first time was on Xbox and I played it safe and had killed him at around 750%, but both times I fought him on PS3 (one when I first unlocked him, I had one genji glove at the time and then I fought him again after getting three) I got him to around 875-900% before he did the second sword upgrade and my commandos had him at around 925-950% before he died. Is there a specific point at which he's supposed to cast it?

YoshiKatYoko
29th Jun 2012, 12:49
When the battle is long enough, he will cast doom on your party leader.