PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: In-game queries & discussion

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 12:18
Hi Everyone,

So to get away from all the 'where is my code' topics, I thought I'd start a discussion about any queries we may have regarding the actual game.

So couple of things from me to start, mainly regarding cross-server stuff. So I know that once you select a server for a character it is bound to that server (pending future server migration charges lol), so that obviously means you can't generally play with friends who are on other servers. But we also know that through the duty finder the game does match you with other players on other servers.

So if you are doing a dungeon with users on other servers can you actually add them to you in-game friends list? If so then surely you could also use the mooglemail and/or linkshells to communicate across servers?

I'm still wondering what subscription I should go for, as in either the standard of 1 character per server up to 8 servers or the multiple option, what's everyone else looking at? To be honest if I was to go for a guild or something then really you would need the multiple option so you can play in the same server with different character builds.

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 12:31
ill probably go for the one char per server.
question why would u want to make other char builds when u can level up all classes?
or is it to change the race and all that other stuff when making a char??

but yeah as for me hippy ill probably just get the 1 char per server. thats just me

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 12:37
It would be for the different races, because they all have different starting stats which 1 or 2 points on INT and MND for example can make a big difference to the mage classes. I think the multiple characters per server option is for people who do intend on doing guilds mainly, to be honest it's not that much more in price either

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 12:41
ahh i didnt really know about different stats on races. im sort of an mmo noob..
may i ask what is the price difference?

AgentMushroom
21st Aug 2013, 12:44
It would be for the different races, because they all have different starting stats which 1 or 2 points on INT and MND for example can make a big difference to the mage classes. I think the multiple characters per server option is for people who do intend on doing guilds mainly, to be honest it's not that much more in price either

Unlike other MMO's... All races have the same stats.

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 12:48
Unlike other MMO's... All races have the same stats.

I'm sorry to correct you again but they don't all have the same stats, on the character creation page under each race bio it shows you the starting stats and then also depending on further options like the sun or moon followers they get further stat changes

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 12:50
ahh i didnt really know about different stats on races. im sort of an mmo noob..
may i ask what is the price difference?

I think it's on the official site (can't access from work) it's only about £1 (or 1.40 euro) I think

AgentMushroom
21st Aug 2013, 12:57
I'm sorry to correct you again but they don't all have the same stats, on the character creation page under each races bio it shows you the starting stats and then also depending on further options like the sun or moon followers they get further stat changes

Yes that's true but every race is able to have the same stats. You can pick anny race without having different stats. You've mistyped race, It's different ''Gods''. ;)

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 13:06
Yes that's true but every race is able to have the same stats. You can pick anny race without having different stats. You've mistyped race, It's different ''Gods''. ;)

Nope, you are very much ill informed my mushy friend, if you don't believe me then check out this guide
http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-racial-stats-guide/
This shows all the starting stats for the different 'races' and then there are also different stats for the 2 types in each race, for example the Mi'Qote can be seekers of the sun or keepers of the moon.

You should really research the game a little more before you try telling someone they are wrong

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 13:16
oh wow and£1 (or 1.40 euro) thats not to bad.
ill probably pick that option then :L
hippy do u know if chars can switch servers ?

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 13:18
Everything so far says no, once you choose then you're bound to that server. But I'm sure they'll probably introduce a server migration charge which other MMO's have. Does WoW have this? Not played it so not sure if it does

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 13:22
Everything so far says no, once you choose then you're bound to that server. But I'm sure they'll probably introduce a server migration charge which other MMO's have. Does WoW have this? Not played it so not sure if it does
that be great if that does become an option because im from australia and play on an NA server.. dont get too much lag and its a pretty populated server but i know a few ppl from australia that are getting this game (WoW players) and will probably join an oceanic server... thats if they release one but until then ill stick to Coeurl NA. thanks for the info hippy

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 13:25
No probs, I'm not sure how the EA and launch is going to be. Since they said no data will be wiped then I just assume we will go into the server we were on with the open beta. So whichever server your character is currently on then I think you could be stuck there

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 13:27
No probs, I'm not sure how the EA and launch is going to be. Since they said no data will be wiped then I just assume we will go into the server we were on with the open beta. So whichever server your character is currently on then I think you could be stuck there

yeah thats fine
Anyluck with your code being registered?

Kresteen
21st Aug 2013, 13:29
Hopefully, server transfers won't be as expensive as WoW ~-~ $25 (or was it $30?) to transfer over 1 character to another server was pretty pricey to me. Wonder if they will offer name changes for cheap.

Early access day needs to get here faster ;.; I want to hop back on the game. Never played an FF MMO before, so the last beta weekend was my first time. Went off and preordered after a few hours of play xo!

Hopefully, i'll find friendly people to play and be friends with, and find a nice guild (no idea what they are called in FFXIV if any?)

AgentMushroom
21st Aug 2013, 13:29
Nope, you are very much ill informed my mushy friend, if you don't believe me then check out this guide
http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-racial-stats-guide/
This shows all the starting stats for the different 'races' and then there are also different stats for the 2 types in each race, for example the Mi'Qote can be seekers of the sun or keepers of the moon.

You should really research the game a little more before you try telling someone they are wrong

Yeh that's true. My bad I didn't look at those stats while I was playing the beta.

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 13:30
I've not retried it, it's showing on my account as being PC but no email with a download code for the PS3 yet, gonna try it later tonight again. As per some of the other posts there now seems to be info that all codes should be out by 22nd so there's time yet

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 13:33
I've not retried it, it's showing on my account as being PC but no email with a download code for the PS3 yet, gonna try it later tonight again. As per some of the other posts there now seems to be info that all codes should be out by 22nd so there's time yet

ahk well i hope all goes well for u and ur wife hippy.
i just found out that all ppl who pre ordered from the psn store already have there EA Code registered so i can stop checking my email for my code.

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 13:37
I have played the closed and open beta. That's not an official site. I am well informed. I am a competitive player, I always checkout the best builds for my characters.

Well you're obviously not Mr Mushy because the information is right in front of your eyes, it doesn't matter if that's an official site or not, I was also on the beta and each RACE has different starting stats, I'm not going to get into a further argument with you but going on your ludicrous rant about received keys (or lack of) and already misreading the official twitter posts then I know you are are not well informed. Then to add to that you started a post about PvP servers and then didn't know what WoW was?! I mean really! If thatss well informed then I can tell you I've got haemorrhoids that are better informed than your good self.

Now please troll on back to your cave and let us enjoy discussing the actual features of the game which we KNOW are there

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 13:51
Anyway, back to rational converation, did anyone add any players while they were on raids during the beta? If so could you message them?

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 13:58
Anyway, back to rational converation, did anyone add any players while they were on raids during the beta? If so could you message them?

tbh every time i got matched in a raid in a raid i got matched with ppl i considered not really worth an add. except for the odd healer but i always forgot to add them.. ill b sure to add u once EA Launches

View_Ryuuzoku
21st Aug 2013, 14:13
I have a question regarding the class/job changing. Can you openly change class/job in instances? This topic came when I was informing my brother about 14:ARR's features (He didn't get into Open beta). Thank you in advance for the information. :)

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 14:14
no im pretty sure you can't change class once ur in an instance.
im pretty sure

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 14:17
Yeah I think whatever class you are going into the instance then that's it. Its probably to make sure the levels etc are balanced, if you went in as a level 20 conjurer for example and then changed to a level 30 Archer, then it would a) leave the group without a healer and b) make you over-leveled for the actual mobs. So I would assume it will never be allowed during instances

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 14:21
I got a question i asked on my thread but it seems dead :L so ill post it again here
what do u guys think the most OP Class would end up being?

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 14:32
By OP I gather that means Over Powered? I couldn't really say with only have experienced the mage classes so far, not sure how well or strong the tank type are. I think we'll only really know once we can get to the advanced classes like the summoner or bard etc. I would imagine that in terms of raids then the game will try to balance it so no single character would be really OP. Time will tell really, all we can do is guess at the min.

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 15:20
I've thought of another query regarding being knocked out and respawning bacl to your home point. In the beta it mentioned about penalties for dying/being knocked out (when level 10 or above I think) which would be damage to equipment and also reduced HP/HP/TP etc but while playing I only noticed damage to my gear. Did anyone experience any HP/MP penalties on the beta?

I'm wondering if this will be for a certain amount of time and if you change class would the penalty still apply? And also if you did change class would the penalty still be in place when you change back, so in other words you have to serve X amount of time with the penalty on the class you got it on for it to be removed? Thoughts?

Ravittsu
21st Aug 2013, 15:26
I've thought of another query regarding being knocked out and respawning bacl to your home point. In the beta it mentioned about penalties for dying/being knocked out (when level 10 or above I think) which would be damage to equipment and also reduced HP/HP/TP etc but while playing I only noticed damage to my gear. Did anyone experience any HP/MP penalties on the beta?

I'm wondering if this will be for a certain amount of time and if you change class would the penalty still apply? And also if you did change class would the penalty still be in place when you change back, so in other words you have to serve X amount of time with the penalty on the class you got it on for it to be removed? Thoughts?

i also noticed no penalties to my hp mp tp
this will probably be addressed in Launch

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 15:30
I'd rather they didn't lol. I guess this is to try and stop people going all Leroy Jenkins :D

Did anyone try exploring the other map regions? For example I starting in Ul'Dah and went into the mines area from central thanalan, this was full of level 25+ mobs, I ran through this area and found what I gather to be the Garlean base (very magitek looking) which had level 45+ mobs. I proceeded to die a horrible death lol

View_Ryuuzoku
21st Aug 2013, 15:46
I thought it was only penalties regarding armour damage and EXP loss. I may have to look into this.

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 15:49
I thought it was only penalties regarding armour damage and EXP loss. I may have to look into this.

Interesting, I can't remember the help window mentioning exp loss :(

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 15:50
I've just noticed your username is blocked! Your actual name is fine but when I quoted you it took the middle four letters as a swear word lmao

View_Ryuuzoku
21st Aug 2013, 16:00
Haha, Another question, have they given an sheet on the requirements for the Jobs? If they have where can I find it?

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 16:12
Ok, to answer as many questions as I can in one go!

First, races will have different stats from eachother and the different tribes of the same race will have different stats as well. Also, the reason you're allowed to have multiple characters isn't just for you to play different races, as someone else said it's for different builds. Attribute points are shared between jobs that have the same base class, for example Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner. Arcanist attribute points you get while leveling up are shared between Summoner and Scholar, so you'll have to set your Attribute Point placement to which job you want to play (Intellect for Summoner, Mind for Scholar).

Changing classes is unavailable in dungeons, this is to prevent someone queuing as a Tank to get in faster, then switching to a damage class so they don't have to do their queued job (this is just an example, this is the reason for every type of class). Also, if you use the Duty Finder you will be unable to even enter the Dungeon if you have not switched back to the class you queued as, assuming you changed to do other stuff while waiting.

When you die there is a gear and HP/TP/MP penalty of sorts, as in, when you revive after death you have ALMOST no HP and 0 TP/MP. If I'm remembering correctly Experience Loss was part of Final Fantasy XI and was not carried over to Final Fantasy XIV. Also, changing class will keep the penalty, except armor loss if the armor is not shared. HP will remain where it is at in the recharge, same with TP/MP.

They have not released a requirement list for the jobs yet no, other than that you'll need the main class for the job to level 30 and another sub class to level 15 before you can get the job quest.

I know some of this has been answered already but I wanted to provide more detail! Hope this helps! :D

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 17:11
Thanks for the reply mate, I knew about the stats, it was just someone who shall not be named that was doubting this fact lol.

The website I posted earlier has some details (speculated or japanese translations) on what levels you need to be for some of the advance classes, for example level 30 Thaumaturge + level 15 Pugilist will allow you to do the quest which gets you the soul of the black mage.

Going back to the penalties though, I gather you mean that it's just like normal FF games where upon revival you'd have reduced HP/MP etc but not a penalty as in your max HP/MP is reduced by XX for X amount of time? If so, then respawning back at home point will only really give you gear damage?

Qualanthar
21st Aug 2013, 18:46
I'm going to make two characters.

My main will be a SMN with the other mage (and posibly archer) classes levelled. She has BOT, CUL, FSH, ACH, WVR and CPN as well.
I'm making a second character for the tank and melee classes. He will have MIN, BSM, ARM, GSM, LTW.

The reasons for the two when I go do just one: 1) I want to be a big hulking character when I'm in close range fights.
2) I used up most of the quests levelling just ACN, CNJ and THM so having a new character means redoing those quests.
3) Bag space - I think splitting the gathering and crafting profs means I'm less likely to run out of room. Just getting to 20 my 100 slot bags were full and I've already used a few tabs of my first retainer (FSH and CUL are particularly high bag fill before use professions)

View_Ryuuzoku
21st Aug 2013, 19:26
I heard that there is a FF13 costume you can acquire in game (Lightning's/Snow's outfits). Will we have to skin that over our equipment or is there a Costume slot for it?

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 19:26
Thanks for the reply mate, I knew about the stats, it was just someone who shall not be named that was doubting this fact lol.

The website I posted earlier has some details (speculated or japanese translations) on what levels you need to be for some of the advance classes, for example level 30 Thaumaturge + level 15 Pugilist will allow you to do the quest which gets you the soul of the black mage.

Going back to the penalties though, I gather you mean that it's just like normal FF games where upon revival you'd have reduced HP/MP etc but not a penalty as in your max HP/MP is reduced by XX for X amount of time? If so, then respawning back at home point will only really give you gear damage?

Correct. The only time you will have a penalty to HP/MP is if someone uses Raise or the Arcanist equivalent on you. You will be revived in a weakened state with a debuff that lasts for 1 minute reducing your maximum HP and MP by 10-20%, cannot remember the specific amount. It's not something you get from returning to your home point or the start of a dungeon, only if you are revived with a spell.

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 19:28
I'm going to make two characters.

My main will be a SMN with the other mage (and posibly archer) classes levelled. She has BOT, CUL, FSH, ACH, WVR and CPN as well.
I'm making a second character for the tank and melee classes. He will have MIN, BSM, ARM, GSM, LTW.

The reasons for the two when I go do just one: 1) I want to be a big hulking character when I'm in close range fights.
2) I used up most of the quests levelling just ACN, CNJ and THM so having a new character means redoing those quests.
3) Bag space - I think splitting the gathering and crafting profs means I'm less likely to run out of room. Just getting to 20 my 100 slot bags were full and I've already used a few tabs of my first retainer (FSH and CUL are particularly high bag fill before use professions)

Do not forget you get two free retainers per character, so you have a lot more space than just the one! :D

I heard that there is a FF13 costume you can acquire in game (Lightning's/Snow's outfits). Will we have to skin that over our equipment or is there a Costume slot for it?

There is going to be a vanity slot implemented, which means you'll basically be able to make your gear appear as other gear. However, not all gear will be able to be used to change the appearance of your gear. For example, I do not believe mage classes can use the Gladiator/Marauder gear to change their appearance and vice versa.

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 20:00
Correct. The only time you will have a penalty to HP/MP is if someone uses Raise or the Arcanist equivalent on you. You will be revived in a weakened state with a debuff that lasts for 1 minute reducing your maximum HP and MP by 10-20%, cannot remember the specific amount. It's not something you get from returning to your home point or the start of a dungeon, only if you are revived with a spell.
Thanks for clearing that up mate, makes sense now :)