PDA

View Full Version : Von Croy's Apartment - HELP PLEASE

Jenkipoo
24th Mar 2004, 13:44
Can someone please help. I have been on this level for days now. I got into the apartment, and picked up a few little goodies and them picked up the walking stick. The cleaner now keeps killing me. there is still loads of stuff to pick up, I kicked through a door and received an upgrade, but what exactly am I meant to be doing, where do I need to go and how do I get rid of the Cleaner? He just keeps killing me. The little gun that I picked up is the only weapon I have at the moment (previous weapons taken from me).

Someone please help - I am going to start having nightmares soon.

Thanks

:D

Dino
24th Mar 2004, 17:26
Welcome aboard, Jenkipoo.

Pick up the walking stick last. Explore the apartment and pick up all of the ammo and other goodies. Pick up the respawning clip next to the column at least a few dozen times before you pick up the Rigg 09 revolver.

Pick up the walking stick last. When the Cleaner runs into the apartment, duck for cover behind that chair next to the column. After the Cleaner fires a burst, stand and fire a few rounds and then duck again before he starts shooting back. You cannot kill the Cleaner yet. Eventually he will run out of the apartment.

Invincible
13th Apr 2004, 02:04
Jenkipoio,what you do is:
USEFULL PICK-UPS
1) The Cleaner appears a few seconds after you have collected both of the Jackal Walking Stick (on your right as the level begins) and the Rigg 09 Gun (beyond, in front of the table).Pick up Walking Stick,Head to the table and notice the Clip in front of the chair (the one that it’s alone). Take the advantage of a bug here and get as many Rigg 09 Clips as you like, as long as you don’t pick up the Rigg 09 Gun. Genious hey?! I know,hehe
So u don't have to complain that u don't have enough ammo.

2) After getting the amount of ammo you like, leave the Rigg 09 Gun and the two Clips for it for later (as you’ll trigger the Cleaner) and pick up another Rigg 09 Clip from the other side of the table. Go to the kitchen and get the three more Rigg 09 Clips; two from each counter and one from the floor. Go behind the stairs and pick up the Health Bandages.

THINGS TO DO BEGORE CLEANER-That annoying dude ;)
Bathroom and bedroom – Kick the door behind the stairs to get an upgrade in leg strength. Pick up the Rigg 09 Clip from the floor and one more Clip from the furniture along with a Viper SMG Clip. Go up the stairs on your left and pick up a Rigg 09 Clip from the floor on the left side of the bathroom entrance and a Small Medipack from the wall on the right. Head up the stairs and kick the door to the bedroom (you can’t open this door from the other side. If you came to the bedroom following the stairs in the drawing room, you need to go back and kick the door down to get to the bathroom).

Pick up a Rigg 09 Clip in front of the commode next to the bed and enter the closet to get a Viper SMG Clip, a Large Health Pack and a Rigg 09 Clip. There is one more Rigg 09 Clip in front of the desk and a Viper SMG clip in the corner around the stairs.

DALING WITH CLEANER-The annoying dude
Ground floor – Go down the stairs to the drawing room and go around the table to get your last pickups (this is your last chance to get the amount of ammo you like for the gun). Save your game and collect the Rigg 09 Gun and the two Clips for it.

Dealing with the Cleaner – The Cleaner is about to enter the apartment. The first thing you need to know is that you can’t kill him. The deal is to make the Cleaner leave, so that he’ll disable the lasers at the exit. To do this, you have to keep shooting at him.

The Cleaner is supposed to enter the apartment, go to the kitchen and stand behind the counter. Depending on where you are, he’ll approach you and start shooting. This is the pattern but the worst thing can happen here. Many people have encountered a bug where the Cleaner disappears and never shows himself back, without disabling the lasers at the entrance.
If you don’t mind spending a Medipack, go ahead and shoot him uncovered. Sooner or later, the Cleaner will leave through the opening where the bookcases are, disabling the lasers at the entrance.

If you don’t want to lose health, you have to shoot him a little at a time. As soon as he appears, immediately go up to the bedroom. The Cleaner will follow you in a while. You can hide behind the circular column close to the stairs and shoot him from there when he approaches. He then leaves and comes back again. Follow the same procedure until he leaves and disables the lasers at the entrance.

PICK-UPS AFTER U GET RID OF HIM- For a while
If you don’t mind spending a Medipack, go ahead and shoot him uncovered. Sooner or later, the Cleaner will leave through the opening where the bookcases are, disabling the lasers at the entrance.

If you don’t want to lose health, you have to shoot him a little at a time. As soon as he appears, immediately go up to the bedroom. The Cleaner will follow you in a while. You can hide behind the circular column close to the stairs and shoot him from there when he approaches. He then leaves and comes back again. Follow the same procedure until he leaves and disables the lasers at the entrance.
Exiting the apartment – Once the Cleaner has disabled the lasers, exit the apartment. You can’t go left as there some lasers that prevent you (you’ll get to the other side in a while). So, turn right and follow the hallway at the end. Kick the red door and pick up the Rigg 09 Clip from the floor and the Small Medipack from the wall on your right (you can’t open this door if you haven’t got the strength upgrade. Check above how you can get it).

Return to the hallway and go though the opened door. Pick up the Rigg 09 Clip among the newspapers and one more Clip in front of the sofa.

As soon as you pick up the second Clip, the cut scene shows the Cleaner blasting in through the wall. He throws his empty gun and start shooting at you with some twin guns.

DEALING WITH ANNOYING DUDE FOR 2ND TIME:
And Ending the level
Immediately duck to hide behind the sofa. Again, you have to make him leave, so start shooting. When he leaves go through the opening on the wall and get the Chocolate Bar from the table and the Viper SMG Gun he threw before along with two Clips for it from the floor. Exit to the hallway. On the left is the entrance of the apartment. Commando crawl underneath the lasers on the right and follow the hallway around the corner.

When you turn, the cut scene shows two bombs exploding, destroying the stairs and setting fires around.

The fire ahead prevents you to continue, so jump down to the right side of the broken stairs. Turn left and take a running jump to grab the railings of the floor where the fires are. Vault over the railings and carefully get past the fires to reach the end of the hallway where a Small MediPack is (this Medipack is not so obvious. Thanks to Catherine Leah Palmer for bringing this to our attention). Get it and jump back over the railings. Drop onto the floor and get the Large Health Pack from the small table. There is a Rigg 09 Clip and a Viper SMG Clip underneath the stairs.

Go up the stairs and jump over the broken parts if necessary (some times Lara falls through the floor and ends up on the ground where you got the latest pickups. Don’t panic, it has happened to many people). When you turn around the corner on the left, the Cleaner sets up more lasers. You can see him at the far end of the hallway, but don’t bother shooting at him now.

(Bug note – Many people have mentioned that the Cleaner is not waiting at the end of the hallway. In that case, you need to load a previous save)

Pick up the Viper SMG Clip from the second corner and run to hide in the first alcove on the left. Pick up the Rigg 09 Clip from there, run to the second alcove on the right and get the Viper SMG Clip. To get past the next two set of lasers that go on and off, stand at the back side of the alcove having the door on your right. Sidestep to the left (no too much though, the Cleaner will see you and start shooting at you) and notice the sequence of the lasers. As they go on and off, the first one turns off entirely and from the second one only the bottom laser stays on. This is the best time to leave. Run and jump over this laser and hide to the alcove on the left. Hide to the last alcove on the right when the lasers are off.

(Bug note – If the lasers don’t go and off, you have just activated a bug. Load a previous save and try again)

Now you have to shoot the Cleaner. He only needs a few shots, so finish him off. Be careful though because Lara may step backwards and toasts herself to the lasers behind.

When you kill him the cut scene shows Lara walking down the stairs. The Cleaner’s cell phone rings and Lara answers. She hears Bouchard asking if she was dead because they have to go back to Prague. Lara says she isn’t but his little friend is and she’ll take care of Bouchard later. Searching the Cleaner, Lara finds Mathias Valiley’s card and says that is time for a trip to Prague. So she does…

When you kill the Cleaner, the lasers are disabled. In about three seconds the cut scene plays.

Good Luck.
How did u do?!

:) :D

Dino
13th Apr 2004, 02:29
Jenkipoo's first post in this thread was 19 days ago. I'm sure that by now he has chased off the cleaner.