PDA

View Full Version : Hit a snag with T-Gold install

jim2112
24th Mar 2004, 13:25
DX again-- got one of those "red x's" from Xp saying T-Gold could not be installed due to direct X limitation."

Any takers for this?

Thanks Jim

Old Man
24th Mar 2004, 15:15
Sorry, Jim, but I'm not keeping track of who's having which problem. If this is old news just ignore me.

Isn't that the -lgntforce switch thing?

Don't install from the splash/menu that comes up when you put the CD in. Kill that. Go to Start->Run, browse to the CD drive and select setup.exe. But before actually running it modify the Run Command line to have the -lgntforce switch at the end of it. That worked for me anyway. Can't recall for sure the problem was DirectX related though.

jim2112
24th Mar 2004, 22:03
Ok, I went through Xp compatability mode for Gold install. It seems to be working. I quickly went through the training just to see and hear the game. Is there a crash monster around the corner ? Should I just go ahead and un-install, re-install like you suggested?

..And by the way, no one is ever late when providing information or helping someone...

JIm

Stile451
24th Mar 2004, 23:09
No need to reinstall, all the LGNTFORCE switch does is ignore the Windows NT check. The install does nothing different other than skip the check.

coldplay_josh_106
12th Apr 2004, 14:47
But before actually running it modify the Run Command line to have the -lgntforce switch at the end of it.

so whats the full command?

(i also have this problem, dumb XP)

coldplay_josh_106
12th Apr 2004, 15:10
never mind its sorted!!! Thanx for the help!