PDA

View Full Version : The Baron?

AresJMD
20th Mar 2004, 22:38
Hey guys!

I'm new around these parts, and I'm very excited and crazed with anticipation for the coming of Thief 3! In Thief: The Dark Project, and Thief: The Metal Age, there was talk amongst soldiers and peasants around the city. That talk was of their Great Baron being off in a distant land to fight a war, or something to that extent. What I was wondering; do you guys think their Baron will make an appearance in Thief 3? I think it would be an awesome addition to the game..since they mentioned a lil' something about him in the first two episodes.

Take care guys,

John

coldplay_josh_106
21st Mar 2004, 12:39
i have no idea what ur talkin about man? lol

van_HellSing PL
21st Mar 2004, 14:52
Yes, the baron was mentioned in the two first games. So was the war. I too hope there will be at least some mention of it in DS.

coldplay_josh_106
21st Mar 2004, 16:32
man i have to play these games again to catch up a little.

Garon
28th Mar 2004, 00:10
Yeah, I remember that there were talk about the Baron especially in Thief II where someone was worried about the sheriff and the mechanists ruling the city while the Baron is in the war or something like that. It seems like this Baron is some sort of leader of the city or head of the lords or something.

Mr Twinkle
28th Mar 2004, 08:25
Pretty much, Garon. While the Baron was gone (presumably out fighting) he appointed the sherrif control over the city and that's how all the fun started in Thief 2.

Also, I'm not certain if this is correct, but I believe 'the Baron' was the victim of the first mission in T2 (Garrett grasping a nice opportunity there, striking the night he was out). Then again, it could have been someone else.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know the games as well as I would like to!

van_HellSing PL
28th Mar 2004, 08:28
It was Lord Bafford in that mission.

Mr Twinkle
28th Mar 2004, 08:29
Thank you, it's been a while :)

Mr. Perfect
28th Mar 2004, 08:32
Bafford was the first mission in T1, not T2. Did you mean T1? I honestly don't remeber the first T2 mission. :)

Mr Twinkle
28th Mar 2004, 08:36
Bleh, you're right. The first mission in T2 is rescuing someones lover. Sorry for the confusion, I need to get back in the game :)

Lake
28th Mar 2004, 14:56
Originally posted by Mr Twinkle
Bleh, you're right. The first mission in T2 is rescuing someones lover. Sorry for the confusion, I need to get back in the game :)

Basso.

MaD-SaM
29th Mar 2004, 04:30
It was Lord Rumford's mansion in the first mission of T2

tealsmith
29th Mar 2004, 05:21
Originally posted by MaD-SaM
It was Lord Rumford's mansion in the first mission of T2

Lady Rumford's.

MaD-SaM
29th Mar 2004, 05:28
Yup, I know it only mentions the lady considering the woman is one of her servants, and not a lords (can't remember any readables in the mission though to recall if there is one or not). But, it's quite possible! what with there being a lord as well.

coldplay_josh_106
31st Mar 2004, 17:38
WHO ON EARTH IS THIS BARON!? AND WERD EVERYBODY HERE ABOUT HIM IN THE GAME?

tealsmith
31st Mar 2004, 18:02
Originally posted by coldplay_josh_106

If you bothered to read the thread, you'd know that the Baron is mentioned a couple times through the games, especially Thief 2. He's mentioned in a couple texts, about how he's off to war.

Lake
1st Apr 2004, 17:26
Originally posted by coldplay_josh_106

The Baron is ruler of the city.

coldplay_josh_106
3rd Apr 2004, 08:48
Yeah I have read the thread! I know who the baron is! I just wanna know which bits of thief 2 specifically mentions the baron? I cant remember, as i havent played thief for a while!

Eliytres
16th Apr 2004, 14:32
.. and I bet you haven't been reading scrolls and listening to conversations etc.

coldplay_josh_106
17th Apr 2004, 15:32
YES I HAVE! i just wanna know which bits o the game specifically hes mentioned? i know hes metion in undercover in thief 1 wen u go to the hammerite temple. but even then its just two hammers tlkin about how the baron has raised taxes, it doesnt metion a war?