PDA

View Full Version : Here's to hoping T3 is longer than Deus Ex 2! Please...don't rush the game!

Atticus1.2
19th Mar 2004, 12:36
Deus Ex 2 made Deus Ex 1 look like an Odyssean epic! The game was so short it could be breezed through in a yawn. I know that many people buy games to replay x 10, but if you're not a part of that exclusive audience, you may have reservations about T3.

Next to the Doom series and Fallout 1 and 2, Thief Gold and Thief 2 were two of the best games I've ever played. The single player campaigns were successful and certainly made you feel that your money was well spent.

If Thief 3 has the narrow scope of Deus Ex 2, it will cheapen the franchise and diminish the greatness that is Thief. Please don't rush the game! Please! Take your time to usher us into a mysterious universe of insidious thievery. Thanks.

Acronomic
19th Mar 2004, 22:45
Yeah, I agree. A long game is one of the most important features.

AC1Dman
20th Mar 2004, 03:13
Yeah! I remember the time of playing, when I spent a few days on one level (and more on harder ones). That was a great time :)

Secrets Of Nosgoth
20th Mar 2004, 08:28
Even on levels that I am somewhat familiar with in Thief 1 & 2 it still takes me 1 hour to beat it, and that isn't counting the dozens of starting back to a certain load, so in total each level takes about 2 to 3 hours which does take about a day or two to actually beat.

(as i type this i am listening to my cat throw up...gross, i hope i don't step in it.)

Atticus1.2
20th Mar 2004, 10:22
Two hours to beat T1 and/or T2? You, sir, are a gaming god. I feel so...novice.

I remember the first time I played the Return to the Cathedral level. Oh my gosh. I was so scared I forgot all about the Doom and Quake series. Man, what a genius level. I can't wait for T3!

TheSaber
22nd Mar 2004, 12:22
He meant each level takes two or three hours...

But yeah, what made Deus Ex 1 and the previous thief games really great was their length. Still DX 2 even if short felt full of substance. If Thief 3 has that much substance and is even longer it could be one of the best games.

Macsen
22nd Mar 2004, 15:22
(as i type this i am listening to my cat throw up...gross, i hope i don't step in it.)

Thanks for sharing. :D

Ion Storm says 12 levels of 1-3 hours each. Long enough for moi. :)

(Thats ignoring the amount of time spent in the free form city level, too.)