PDA

View Full Version : Cant Play Thief Tdp

Buaghgh
18th Mar 2004, 03:48
HELP!!!!! i cant play thief the dark project... can somebody help me!...

im running XP HOME
ATI Radeon 9600 XT at catalyst 4.3
audigy gamer
3ghz
512 MB

I dont know whats wrong!?!!??!?!?!?!
It locks up in EXTREME AMOUNTS!!! EVEN RIGHT AFTER LOADING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
SOMEBODY HELP ME!
:confused:

HOC
18th Mar 2004, 03:51
don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong. it's just that t: dp
and gold don't work under xp.

well, they can work, there's some trick to it, but it never worked for me...so...

there are like a dozen threads concerning this in the technical forum. go scope it out and dig into the past for the answer =)

Buaghgh
18th Mar 2004, 03:53
thats just the thing... iused to play Thief TDP under this computer then BOOM!!!! something went wrong... ive tried formatting going back to windows 2000 pro... everything my computer mind can think of..... *sniff sniff sniff* i want thief back

Secrets Of Nosgoth
18th Mar 2004, 07:25
I'm playing Thief Gold on my XP computer right now.

I also had problems trying to get the game to work right away. I would load up a level and would only get a black screen after it loaded.

This was fixed by right clicking the Thief icon and click properties, click the compatibility tab, then click the check box that says play for compatibility with: and choose Windows 2000. Problem fixed.

Another problem I had was no videos would play which was solved by reinstalling the indeo codecs I think the icon in the ThiefDP CD is like iv5codec or something similar. Click that and it'll install and videos will play. This works sometimes, but I recently did a complete fix for it which if it comes up for you I'll copy and past from the ttlg.com forums.

Buaghgh
18th Mar 2004, 13:11
thanx for the two ppl who tried to help me... i found the problem in the Technical forums... damn Hyperthreading... it WAS the problem i just totally forgot that i enabled it, but thanx for the two ppl once again who wanted to help i really appreciate it.... hehe time to play thief gold.... :D

imported_deadly_thief
18th Mar 2004, 17:53
do what i did and make the hammerites follow you into the water and see them drown helplessly mwha!