PDA

View Full Version : Campaign for a T: DS Editor

GlasW0lf
17th Mar 2004, 23:01
Updated 27th February 2005

As you may well have seen...

THE EDITOR HAS BEEN RELEASED!

There's a list of download locations here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93982) and a new support forum at TTLG here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138). The package that's been released is pretty rough and ready, so make sure and check the forum (particularly this thread (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91952)) before you even try to install the editor.

So... we did it. :D Pat yourself on the back if you signed the petition, sent a letter or contributed in whatever way you could - your efforts ensured that Eidos and Ion Storm couldn't ignore our pleas. Additionally, we have to be grateful to several "insiders" who worked long and hard to ensure that the Thief fan mission legacy will continue. You can read a little about them here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93994). And if you see Grey Mouser around, give him a biscuit - I think he deserves it.

van_HellSing PL
18th Mar 2004, 21:43
Hey, moderators! I suggest to make this thread a sticky one!

thiefessa
18th Mar 2004, 21:46
I'm in....I'll send my effort via Easter Egg postcard on April 5th as suggested. Great campaign.....lets wish us all luck!

BrokenArts
18th Mar 2004, 22:38
I am in as well, already signed it, will send him some peeps, and a chocolate bunny too. :D

Peter_Smith
19th Mar 2004, 06:33
Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
Hey, moderators! I suggest to make this thread a sticky one!
Glad to oblige.:) This is one very worthwhile topic.

GlasW0lf
19th Mar 2004, 08:04
Thanks again Peter (and van H.!).

jabpn
30th Mar 2004, 06:26
aawwwww man!.....I was so going to mail a real bunny now you took all the fun away :(

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!

GlasW0lf
30th Mar 2004, 18:53
As I've mentioned in the title, everyone outside the US should look to send their airmail letters AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to make sure they arrive at Eidos next week.

The letters page can be found here (http://www.thiefpetition.com/letters.html) - thanks. Great job so far people, lets keep the pressure on!

GlasW0lf
5th Apr 2004, 18:09
And another reminder - North American letters THIS WEEK please!

Thankyouverymuch.

thiefessa
6th Apr 2004, 14:54
Just wondering if we are to expect a reply from Eidos in the near future?...That is, if the offices and staff aren't buried under sackfuls of fan mail/petitions!

Good luck everyone!

Please keep us informed of any response :)

GlasW0lf
6th Apr 2004, 17:58
Well if I hear anything, I'll probably sit on it for a few days, maybe post a teaser or two... oh ok I'm lying. I suspect any response will come via the devs at the ISA forum, but I have no idea really.

Sneak
9th Apr 2004, 01:48
Boy,
Missed this one but haven't been around. Will have a letter in the mail tomorrow. Hope I am not too late.

Thief 3 (DS) without a Level Editor or Mission Builder is a truely bad idea. There is a lot of talent out there that should not be wasted and tons of people that want to play those talented creations. FM Builders have given a lot of life to Thief. :) They should not be denied, neither should the players. ;)

Peter_Smith
10th Apr 2004, 00:41
Hi Sneak,

Yeh, I was a little slow, too. Sent my letter in two days ago. I think we will give Eidos the old one-two punch. First the deluge, then our well-reasoned missives to knock them over for the count. :)

It's not too late, folks.

coldplay_josh_106
10th Apr 2004, 09:34
Can UK fans help out?

GlasW0lf
10th Apr 2004, 17:39
Of course, Josh - I am one, after all! You've missed the main deadline, but sit down and write a letter (or print out the standard one from the ThiefPetition site (http://www.thiefpetition.com/letters.html), go to the Post Office and send it off airmail to the address listed.

Some taffers have sent FM CDs, chocolates and beer. :cool:

maveloch17
14th Apr 2004, 04:51
Oh god.... I go away for awhile and miss some important stuff!

I'll send the letter/card/whatever tomorrow...

GlasW0lf
2nd May 2004, 23:56
http://www.thiefpetition.com/images/sig-num.gif

W00t, as I believe the young whippersnappers say.

van_HellSing PL
3rd May 2004, 07:23
w00t indeed :D

Skanky Burns
9th May 2004, 05:10
Now at 2603 signatures. :D

Okay, here's the deal with the editor: The game is not shipping with one. Eidos will only fund development and release of the editing tools if the game sells droves. The editing tools are not a complete compact package like dromed. It's a thoroughly unique version of Unreal Ed plus a half dozen or so other programs.
From this comment, I take it that the editor tools are already made. If so, then what is the issue with releasing them? These products would not need to be supported, so the only expense would arguably be bandwidth from hosting the files. By using third-party hosting, there are no relevant expenses for Eidos.

So more sales with no associated cost plus the fans are happy. I seem to be missing the downside. :confused:

pibb
9th May 2004, 06:36
You kinda pointed it out in your own post, the tools werent a complete package yet, would just take a little time to put them together so they'd be useable... and I dont think they wanna make the effort is the game doesnt sell. I hope the game sells like hotcakes and they release the editor, I hope everyone who put their signature on the petition buys the game. After all what would be the point of having the editor if no one buys the game :confused:

kinein
10th May 2004, 12:58
just signed the petition, printed out one of those letters, and plan on writing a letter of my own :)

The Golden Taffer
13th May 2004, 04:42
Signed... 'sif you wouldn't!

Wicked1
14th May 2004, 19:16
I just signed. # 2685. Ya that's my lucky number.

CptTripps
26th May 2004, 18:25
2851 would be me, nice work keep it up.

CptTripps

Malachian
29th May 2004, 00:07
Signed.

I have had this idea for a Thief map ever since T1, but only lately have I acquired the skills to actually make the map. Now if they don't incorporate the editors I won't buy the game. I don't care how buggy or hard to use they are, just release them.

My map idea is as follows:

You must first sneak into a flying galleon that spirals up to a castle sitting on a patch of magical land floating at 600 meters or so. Here you have two options: either you sneak in through the gate, or you jump into the main sewer pipe and try find your way up from the sewer tunnels. The castle belongs to wizard, currently experimenting with golems at the "ground" floor. The castle is very high with lots of towers and balconies. A rival wizard wants an artifact of power situated in the top attic of the highest tower(of course), guarded by many a vicious guard. The castle is full of life, servants and members of the private army of the wizard and a couple of dragons. Again, you have two ways to get to the artifact. Either you knock out the guards in the second highest tower and jump from the end of a flag pole to a balcony on the highest tower and use rope arrows(don't know if the game even has them) to get to the roof of the highest tower and enter through a skylight, or you lure out the massive beast guarding the door in the highest tower.

The thing in this map is vertical movement, accompanied by some serious horizontal looting. Anyway, I want to make this map now that I actually can. Damn Eidos if they don't fund the editors!

WinterKnight
29th May 2004, 07:02
2977 Signatures as of Saturday, May 29th 3:00 AM (EST).

I hope my money goes right where it needs to from when I bought this game. I went to EB the day it came out and around 3 in the afternoon, I believe they only had 2 copies left (counting the one I had just purchased) that day out of their initial stock. I should have asked what that was but I'm sure it was quite a bit.

GlasW0lf
31st May 2004, 13:43
Please see the first post in the thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35171&perpage=25&pagenumber=1) for news of Letter Campaign II. :cool:

Innocent Blood
31st May 2004, 13:56
I WAS #3075! ^^ (I'm helping you PC Players out, you lucky bastards!)

the_pugilist
31st May 2004, 19:35
Signed.

It would be truly an excellent thing if the missions from the first and second games were adapted to the new engine...

Mantra
31st May 2004, 20:40
Done.

3124. Mantra Just do it. You already screwed us over with DX2, don't do it again.

Neutrino64
1st Jun 2004, 14:00
You know, if they release the editing tools a mod team could completely port Thief 1 and 2 over to the new engine. I don't think it would be all that hard. It would take a lot of work of course, but it should be doable, and would make this game 3 times as fun.

Hehe, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I'd love to start such a mod team myself, but I already have other game projects that take up my time. Would be cool if someone else organized it though.

Oh and I sign the petition and will try to send my letter tomorrow.

crash resistant
1st Jun 2004, 20:46
just the fact that there aren't any map making tools at hand already is what makes me sad. =(

thats what made thief 1 & 2 great worlds.

xaphod
1st Jun 2004, 22:37
If Eidos' official stance continues to be "no editing tools" then I must say I am very confused by it.

- If the game is great, then many people will make extra levels, which always helps the sale of games.

- Fans of the original thief games could use editing tools to modify the game to be closer to the originals.

- If Eidos DON'T release editing tools, sneak em up mods for other games will get the popularity (and corresponding profit) instead of T:DS.

crash resistant
1st Jun 2004, 23:59
I used to make levels in T2.. and I spent over a year encouraging people to play Thief 1 & 2..

Without making levels for Thief 3, I will not encourage anyone..

After I beat the game, it's all over. =(

persona
2nd Jun 2004, 21:03
Originally posted by xaphod
If Eidos' official stance continues to be "no editing tools" then I must say I am very confused by it.

- If the game is great, then many people will make extra levels, which always helps the sale of games.

- Fans of the original thief games could use editing tools to modify the game to be closer to the originals.

- If Eidos DON'T release editing tools, sneak em up mods for other games will get the popularity (and corresponding profit) instead of T:DS.

Deus Ex 2, made with the same engine as T3 didn't have editing tools released. Infact it was specifically mentioned by Ion Storm that an SDK was not to be released. I guess that means things aren't gonna change now that thief 3 is out... There may be technical reasons as to why they can't or won't give us tools though...

Kyrer
3rd Jun 2004, 11:57
Didn't Ion Storm just fire a load of it's staff? I think it's unlikely they will release an editor if many of the people who worked on T : DS are no longer with the company; they may not be able to now, even if they wanted to.

unaimedkgb
4th Jun 2004, 01:48
Eidos does not care about the community of its games. They only care about the sales. If they did, editor would be out with the game. Why would you want to keep fans in suspense by not letting them know about the future of the editor. Seriously, other companies know the benefits of the community and its mods, eidos is not one of them. I'm not bashing just telling what seems to be the truth.

styphon
5th Jun 2004, 20:24
Originally posted by unaimedkgb
Eidos does not care about the community of its games. They only care about the sales. If they did, editor would be out with the game. Why would you want to keep fans in suspense by not letting them know about the future of the editor. Seriously, other companies know the benefits of the community and its mods, eidos is not one of them. I'm not bashing just telling what seems to be the truth.

I really hope you're wrong but I can't find any reason to believe you are. It just bothers me to no end that 2 of my favorite game series of all time, thief and hitman, now belong to them... if these games go the way of tombraider, someone is going to die. :mad:

GlasW0lf
5th Jun 2004, 21:30
We all pretty much agree that Eidos don't seem to understand how important and beneficial an editor is to the community and the game itself. That's why they have to be told, and that's why we have to send letters NOW (http://www.thiefpetition.com/letters.html). We may not get another chance to make our feelings known.

crash resistant
6th Jun 2004, 05:19
if a game with so many problems and frustrations is STILL this good..

Surely they will give Thief 4 to people who can pull off a true masterpiece and give us an editor as well.

Seraphira
6th Jun 2004, 14:51
hi there,

most likely big boys at ion and eidos are looking at this thread to see how much people enjoy creating fan missions, as i did for theif 1 and 2. I don't really think it matters if you are releasing theif 4 or 5 or whatever, people would still buy the others, but i can't stress enough how we as consumers love to customize, and create our creations from our minds eye. Keep the editor keep the fans it's that simple. I hope these letters change you're guys minds, quite personally i baught thief series for the game and editor... 1,000's of people wrote letters stating we wanted editor as do I. All we ask is a little love and the editor :D

Seraphira
-Seraphira Studios Inc.

matthew13
6th Jun 2004, 15:50
This should be a no-brainer for Eidos.

My prime example of how releasing the editor has helped a game is . This game is over two years old--and for games that is pretty old--yet it is still going strong with the help of its thriving mod community.

Or to put it another way. . .I still mention Morrowind to people even though its been out a couple years. Without an editor this will not happen with Thief 3. What will happen is I'll likely shelve it after a month or two, and won't even think about it after four or five. To be honest, without an editor, Thief 3's replay value is not all that high. With an editor, a mod community will develop and word of mouth will sell more copies than the publicity from the initial release.

Thief 3 has one helluva a lot of potential, but without a mod community that potential will never be realized.

So release that editor!!!

Sentinel67
7th Jun 2004, 17:21
I can't understand why Eidos would be reluctant to give us the editor because:

A) They don't have to document anything. The community will handle that. It may be tough to figure out with no dox, but someone will do it and Eidos won't have to bother spending man hours on it, if that's what they're worried about.

and

B) The don't have to support it, as most game developers generally DON'T support any SDK past general documentation.

Releasing the editor, even a rough one with no documentation or support, would be GREATLY APPRECIATED by the Thief community. If they give us the tools, we can handle the rest.

JUST RELEASE THEM!!!

CDuke
8th Jun 2004, 16:09
I just signed it.

What really get's to me is that they are not saying a word to the fans, c'mon guys, we right here on your forums. Just tell us!

Manflesh01
12th Jun 2004, 10:28
I bet they dont really own some of the tools used to develop it. It would be an honest gesture to actually explain what was used and why it isnt being considered. I won't buy the lack of community support and technical skill involved. Take a look at Doom3 and Half-Life2, THAT is a curve. Wouldn't Eidos like their success? The community is willing and it is obvious to me that it would be worth it. Take Thievery, it could be made in T3 and bingo, t3 online. New maps etc.

Whos running the show Kim Jong-il??

maveloch17
12th Jun 2004, 15:19
Originally posted by Sentinel67
I can't understand why Eidos would be reluctant to give us the editor because:

A) They don't have to document anything. The community will handle that. It may be tough to figure out with no dox, but someone will do it and Eidos won't have to bother spending man hours on it, if that's what they're worried about.

and

B) The don't have to support it, as most game developers generally DON'T support any SDK past general documentation.

Releasing the editor, even a rough one with no documentation or support, would be GREATLY APPRECIATED by the Thief community. If they give us the tools, we can handle the rest.

JUST RELEASE THEM!!!

Well, let's not short-change ourselves too much just yet... Some basic documentation + a support forum would be needed for sure.

Ferett
12th Jun 2004, 19:01
A skilled mod team could in fact make a T3 online (I've seen it done with Grand Theft Auto 3, amazing stuff). Not sure exactally how it would work, but a few months ago the PC versions of GTA3 and Vice City were selling like hotcakes, 80% of the reason being people who wanted to play online. Morrowind etc are a prime example of good games made even better with a mod community (half the time the actual modders out there do even better than the original programmers and designers themselves :p ). If only Thief 3 was strictly released for just the PC, it would be perfect. I blame consoles, evil, evil consoles.

Degineth
14th Jun 2004, 05:57
I'm No. 3959 .

I hope the petitions will keep comming and therefore the sneaksie through-out the game continues.

unnamednewbie13
14th Jun 2004, 15:10
If the developers don't want to spend the time fixing up the editor, they can just release the source code and let the community handle the fancy work. If not...well, then another franchise down the Eidos funnel of demise. A pity, I liked Thief.

Perhaps we'll have to round up all the Looking Glass people, hand them the Unreal III engine and lock them up in a dark room for three years.

Speesh
14th Jun 2004, 22:09
I have been constantly checking the number of signatures and did anyone notice that about 500 people just signed in less than a day? It usually goes at a pace of about 50 per day. I've been waiting to see how long it would take to get 4000 signatures but from this morning to now, the petition has gone from around 3950 to 4400. I guess that's a good sign.

Kyrer
15th Jun 2004, 11:43
I think the new signups are probably because the game has just come out in Europe.

mjstc
20th Jun 2004, 21:30
I found Thief by accident (it came with my sound card) I played it, liked it and then lost it. I read about FM’s in an issue of PC Gamer so I DLed a FM and I was hooked all over again. I pre-ordered Thief gold, I pre-ordered Thief 2, I pre-ordered Thief 3 but if there are no FM's this game is dead to me, I will not buy Thief 4. Thief has 0 replay value for me! I finished the game on its hardest level and found all the loot. What’s Left? Eidos you have a winner here don’t blow it now.

Relmar
21st Jun 2004, 01:40
Over 5000 sigs! Tell all your friends! Get the word out!

Subjective Effect
21st Jun 2004, 23:45
5800. :cool:

maveloch17
22nd Jun 2004, 17:44
Sweet! Keep 'em coming!!!

esme
22nd Jun 2004, 17:49
Hi yall,

I don't know if anyones mentioned this before, I haven't seen it posted so maybe not.

Money

We are asking for something for free here, probably because the T1 & T2 tools came free, maybe if Eidos/Ion Storm saw a profit we might get what we're asking for

I personally would be prepared to pay a good solid fraction of the game cost for a level editor, possibly even match the game cost if it's a good easy to use editor.

My game development skills are practically nil at the moment, but I'd still buy it to see if I could make something worth playing.

So anyone else ? can we convince them there's a market for a development system ?

I signed the petition ages ago

matthew13
22nd Jun 2004, 18:15
Originally posted by esme
We are asking for something for free here, probably because the T1 & T2 tools came free, maybe if Eidos/Ion Storm saw a profit we might get what we're asking for

You've got a point, but. . .

First, traditionally construction tools have shipped free as part of the game. I'll grant you that tradition isn't everything, but we (or at least I) am not asking Eidos to send me a free disc, just post it and I'll download it (and ain't DSL great :D ).

Second, and more important, there is a profit to be seen here, though marketting types who have problems taking the long view may not understand that profit. Morrowind is my baseline for this. Morrowind shipped with a construction set, and as a result a thriving mod community has developed. This has kept the game alive. I'll bet my rent money that, two years after the initial release of the game, Bethesda is seeing profits from Morrowind sales, and much of that is because of the Mod community.

So, the profit of releasing an editor is found in continuing sales after the initial release of the game, not to mention the good will generated which will, in turn, develop into better sales for Thief 4 (assuming there is a Thief 4.

Matthew

esme
22nd Jun 2004, 20:00
True in the long term it will increase their profits to release a development system for free, but in the short term 1-2 years say, it won't put anything on the books and will actually cost them.

Their shareholders want a return this year not in 5 years time or else they'll go for a more profitable company.

The sad truth is the industry is driven by short termitis, there aint no such animal as a 10 year business plan, and if there isn't an immediate profit it doesn't get done these days.

So I'm offering money, it's not much I'll grant you but it gives them a return in their investment and might increase the chance of getting a development kit

darraghcoy
22nd Jun 2004, 21:12
Signed the petiton. Not a thief level editor myself- found dromed too hard to use :rolleyes:, but some of the Thief 1/2 FMs i've played have been really outstanding and i'd love to see the community get their teeth sunk into the new engine.

I don't understand it myself. We all know the editor exists, they've made the game with it for christs sake! :) Surely it wouldn't be such a hard job to pop it on a cd or post it on the internet? They probably wouldn't even need to write documentation for it- the community would no doubt do that. Why withhold it? It can only mean good things for the game and its sales!

maveloch17
22nd Jun 2004, 22:54
Originally posted by esme
True in the long term it will increase their profits to release a development system for free, but in the short term 1-2 years say, it won't put anything on the books and will actually cost them...........

The problem is... realistically... not many people are going to buy a game editor after they've paid 50 bucks for the game, especially when (as far as I know) all the other game editors out there are free. As soon as you put a price tag on it, you lose the interest of a big percentage of the people who otherwise would've downloaded it. The less people download the editor, the less effective it is in generating game sales in the long run.

Also, Eidos, as far as I know, is not in the business of selling game editors. There is a whole lot more involved in selling software than simply putting a price tag on it... Marketing, advertising, tech support, product/project management, tracking and forecasting sales, etc... A retail game editor is a product in the fullest sense.

It would be MUCH easier and much more realistic for them to release a free editor and simply support it by allotting some forum space for people to talk about it. Maybe even providing some patches every now and then.

Anyway, keep those signatures coming :)

GlasW0lf
23rd Jun 2004, 00:14
I could be 100% wrong, but I suspect there could be licencing issues (Havok/Epic/MS) with selling an editor as opposed to giving one away for free or as part of an expansion pack.

Guineapiggy
24th Jun 2004, 22:26
Not in the slightest as they won't allow code editing, it's not going to allow changes to the engine, just making levels, which falls under the concern of Maya, who allowed what was essentially a stripped down version of their multi-thousand pound 3D development software.

GhostFactory
30th Jun 2004, 01:33
6140 and counting...

Conquistador
1st Jul 2004, 00:08
Can we have a petition to have Thief I and II redone ? That'll give them money

Feiht
2nd Jul 2004, 20:37
ya umm if thief 1-2 was remade
il be the first at gamestop to pick my copy up and about 20 of the people i know will to!!

njcl
2nd Jul 2004, 21:09
dont bother me if no editor is released but for you budding level designers ill sign,hmmmm this reminds me of the guys at splinter cell forum wanting an editor and raven shield,no joy for them,hope you guys are more succseful.........;)

Conquistador
5th Jul 2004, 12:52
Originally posted by Feiht
ya umm if thief 1-2 was remade
il be the first at gamestop to pick my copy up and about 20 of the people i know will to!!
So am I !!!! But after some thinking I figured its impossible, since levels are too big :( And it would suck to have this blue wall across the entire Shipping and receiving for example

ThinkTank
5th Jul 2004, 19:39
I know that Eidos have issues about there editor, but COME ON, this thread has over three pages of posts, not to mention 6500 + pertition replys and more letters to boot (unless they are shreading them they should be at head hight in the Eidos labs by now). so why hasn't ONE Eidos/ion storm exec come up with a simple global reply, I mean even if it was a huge NO then at least we would know when to start sending the death threats instead of the pertitions :D / :mad:

just put us out of our misery Eidos!

Subjective Effect
6th Jul 2004, 02:26
Be prepared people. Soon the tribe must rise again. . . changes are coming. . .

Chaos Cubed
7th Jul 2004, 20:10
I signed.

Is Eidos even paying attention to this thread?

esme
12th Jul 2004, 17:08
A flat yes or no would be nice, preferably a yes but even a 'we are thinking about it' is better than 'we have no plans at this time' as the latter implies plans may be made in the future and still leaves us in limbo

All this effort and not a peep is bloody disheartening

C'mon guys yay or nay put us out of our misery

card
12th Jul 2004, 17:53
i signed. so....if we get more signatures, we get more chances, right? would it be fair to get more emails, and signup again and again?

Subjective Effect
12th Jul 2004, 21:43
No, not really. Send a letter instead.

gt747
12th Jul 2004, 21:45
Maybe they are going to release an expansion pack for this game, and they might release the editor then. If they release the editor now, then alot of people might not get the expansion since they will have all the FM to play for free.

Just a thought.

gt747
12th Jul 2004, 21:48
Maybe they are going to release an expansion pack for this game, and they might release the editor then. If they release the editor now, then alot of people might not get the expansion since they will have all the FM to play for free.

Just a thought.

Subjective Effect
12th Jul 2004, 21:50
Yes, we have considered that. It would be great. But if so, then why don't they tell us?

GlasW0lf
13th Jul 2004, 17:49
As I've said before, I think an expansion pack of some kind is our best chance of getting an editor, as they'll have to put resources into staffing for the new levels, features etc. anyway. That would also tally with it being dependant on sales of the original game

Shadow Thief
18th Jul 2004, 11:05
No word on this yet? I'm dying to make some missions.

Subjective Effect
18th Jul 2004, 23:13
Aren't we all? We are waiting. Patience.

Master Builder
20th Jul 2004, 19:12
Well, I've entered my vote so I hope It helps. :-)

I'm dying to start work on some SP levels as well as the rest of you and I havent mapped since good ol Unreal and UnrealTournament, so I'm seriously missing having my head In UnrealED. :D

punko
9th Aug 2004, 15:20
By the lack of activity on this thread (almost a month since the last update), I get the sinking sensation that no advance has occurred, nor is any coming.

It is most lamentable that the SDK is not going to be released. The Thief community has shown itself to be among the most passionate and skilled mod community. I can only shake my head thinking about the fantastic mods for Deadly Shadows that will never see the light of day.

Ferrett
9th Aug 2004, 16:31
Then my dreams of being able to run from the docks all the way out to Auldale without a single loading zone may never come to pass.....

harishreddy
10th Aug 2004, 07:38
Originally posted by Master Builder
Well, I've entered my vote so I hope It helps. :-)

I'm dying to start work on some SP levels as well as the rest of you and I havent mapped since good ol Unreal and UnrealTournament, so I'm seriously missing having my head In UnrealED. :D

seriously.

I just bought Morrowind again because of the mods.

Yet I havent played Deadly shadows in ages.

Master Builder
10th Aug 2004, 12:01
Serious?

Yes.

Pissed off about no sign of the SDK, then double yes. :rolleyes:

Looks like UT2004 mapping then. :eek:

Subjective Effect
14th Aug 2004, 16:14
NB - it is an Editor we want, not an SDK.

Eidos has issues at the moment. That will affect Ion. Be patient.

AND SEND A LETTER.

Seriously, letters>onine petition, yet everyone has signed it and few have sent letters. If you are as serious as us then send a letter.

Master Builder
14th Aug 2004, 18:57
Looks like a letter then, I'll need a new Ink catridge first thougth. :eek:

Darkwarrior
15th Aug 2004, 20:08
Let's all commit mass suicide in front of their US office. That'll get us an editor for sure!

Master Builder
17th Aug 2004, 20:46
Originally posted by Darkwarrior
Let's all commit mass suicide in front of their US office. That'll get us an editor for sure!

LOL :D

I'll just send my girlfriend 'round. After a couple hours of nagging at them because Im miserable about not having the editor they'll soon give In.........:eek:

Cruo
18th Aug 2004, 06:08
Why not just release the map editors as a seperate product that you have to pay for? Might be more willing to do it then.

punko
18th Aug 2004, 13:57
Originally posted by Subjective Effect

Eidos has issues at the moment. That will affect Ion. Be patient.

I seriously doubt that there are any issues that Ion Storm may bring up that Eidos could not instantly settle, if they wanted to. The question is not Ion Storms possible issues, it is more the magnitude of the desire of those within Eidos to get an editor out.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If the will within Eidos is lacking, then an editor release will not happen.

BUT

I suspect that since Ion Storm canned the majority of the development team, I suspect that Ion Storm's issues relate to cash, and Eidos is in no position to spend.

Guineapiggy
19th Aug 2004, 11:56
Originally posted by Cruo
Why not just release the map editors as a seperate product that you have to pay for? Might be more willing to do it then.
Because the software is essentially a stripped version of Maya.

Doom_Dealer
28th Aug 2004, 19:15
Hi all,

some of you may of known this or not, so sorry if im bringing up old news, but this petition has made it into the PC Gamer magazine (UK version). Its a small 20 line (ish) side article with a link to the site so i hope it helps, i havnt got a scanner but for anyone in the UK that has it turn to page 23, and look in the bottom right corner,

Doom Dealer

ProjectX
29th Aug 2004, 17:50
Originally posted by Guineapiggy
Because the software is essentially a stripped version of Maya.

Wouldn't they use a modified UnrealEd?

It would make more sense since you get UnrealEd with your Unreal Engine license

GlasW0lf
30th Aug 2004, 16:29
OK people, the wheels are now in motion for what will probably be the last letter campaign. Please look at the first post (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35171) in this thread for the details. I hope everyone is as hacked off as I was when they read about the last drive...

The important stuff:
Letters to be sent week commencing Monday the 6th of September.

Send to:
Eidos Interactive
Attn: Scott Holbert/Customer Support
651 Brannan St. 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94107
USA

Ferrett
30th Aug 2004, 17:06
Originally posted by GlasW0lf
I hope everyone is as hacked off as I was when they read about the last drive...

Ok, sorry for being clueless...but can you show me a link to the results of the last letter drive? I missed it somehow....
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a real knucklehead. I found it in the first post....

Guineapiggy
30th Aug 2004, 18:42
Originally posted by ProjectX
Wouldn't they use a modified UnrealEd?

It would make more sense since you get UnrealEd with your Unreal Engine license I'm talking about Unreal Ed.

ProjectX
3rd Sep 2004, 07:02
I'm talking about Unreal Ed.

1st. UnrealEd was built froms scratch and handles things in a much different way to Maya.

2nd. WTF??? It's nothing like Maya at all! Interface = different Tools = different (and in some cases more useful) there are barely any simmilarities!

Just because Epic signed an agreement to include Maya 3.0 PLE in UT2004 for its modding community (at least someone cares) does not mean that UnrealEd is (or is anywhere near) Maya.

FishBreath
3rd Sep 2004, 18:04
7206, I repeat: 7206 SIGNATURES!!
And it ain't gonna stop here! Let's try for, dare I say it, 8000!!!
Can we do it? Is it possible? Only one way to find out: SPREAD THE WORD!!
Tell everyone on your messengers, post it in forums!
I'm going to Gamefaqs.com!

Subjective Effect
7th Sep 2004, 07:37
Yeah. But posting a LETTER would be better!

Brother52
9th Sep 2004, 11:58
Letter penned and posted today, a bit late but better late than never.

thiefessa
9th Sep 2004, 21:00
Yep, I've posted my letter direct to Scott.....didn't take me more than ten minutes, plus another ten to walk to the post office, and well worth it. Come on peeps, get scribblin' !!!

KnifeInTheDark
11th Sep 2004, 01:50
Signed. #7289 :D

esme
15th Sep 2004, 10:59
Well the letter went last week, petition signed yonks ago.

it's difficult typing with your fingers crossed

Lyril
18th Sep 2004, 05:16
Omigawd, I hope this works. Four letters sent and the petition signed ages ago. If there is ONE Thief fan who hasn't signed/written I hope they meet a haunt one night. Or Gamall.

A very basic question: what is the difference between a SDK (what is a SDK) and an editor? What was Dromed?

Ferrett
20th Sep 2004, 18:32
Originally posted by Lyril
Omigawd, I hope this works. Four letters sent and the petition signed ages ago. If there is ONE Thief fan who hasn't signed/written I hope they meet a haunt one night. Or Gamall.

A very basic question: what is the difference between a SDK (what is a SDK) and an editor? What was Dromed?

I had the same question, found the answers here:
SDK (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=440724#post440724)

Stormbirdd
20th Sep 2004, 22:19
Sending my letter out today!

pibb
21st Sep 2004, 17:06
Any news on how the ongoing letter campaign is going? I made the mistake of getting a letter and a framed thing ready to send and getting distracted by life. I assumed everyone else had sent in letters and was very surprised to see only 24 letters were sent in before, I guess everyone pulled a me :(

This time I made sure that my letter and cartoon left mailboxes etc. around the 1st of september. Since it is almost the end of september ( AND BY NO MEANS TOO LATE TO SEND IN A LETTER) I just wondered how things were going...

Please guys dont assume everyone else is sending in letters and that you dont have to send one in, thats how we got where we are now

Rockn-Roll
24th Sep 2004, 22:02
Oh man...someone slipped. I had no idea that we had a name and address of someone at Eidos to send letters to. I'm printing up the envelope right now. It would have been nice to have posted this information back when I was playing Thief3 and browsing the forum. For the last month or two I've been playing Doom3! And now school has started, so forgive me for not having any time to browse in a forum for a game that I played and which will never have any additional content like mods, new maps, bug fixes, etc.

I'm thinking that perhaps an email should be sent out to all registered members who posted in the Thief forum to notify them that there is a letter campaign.

GlasW0lf
25th Sep 2004, 00:47
Originally posted by pibb
Please guys dont assume everyone else is sending in letters and that you dont have to send one in, thats how we got where we are now [/B]
Couldn't have put it better myself!

Originally posted by Rockn-Roll
...forgive me for not having any time to browse in a forum for a game that I played and which will never have any additional content like mods, new maps, bug fixes, etc.
Never? Less of this pessimism please! Your underlying point is valid though, it's much harder to build a community around a game/franchise (no matter how good it is) if there's nothing to keep people coming back.

GlasW0lf
1st Oct 2004, 03:05
OK people, Scott has informed me that he's received 191 letters since we started the new campaign. Needless to say this is much better than the last effort and I'm sure it makes a pretty impressive stack to hit people over the head with. Metaphorically speaking, of course. Well done to everyone who sent in letters, and needless to say if you haven't done so yet then please do so (http://www.thiefpetition.com/letters.html). It won't be "too late" until they've announced the editor's release date!

Special kudos to Scott at Eidos for continuing his one-man crusade on our behalf.

thiefessa
3rd Oct 2004, 22:12
Sure, 191 letters thjs time round is much better than the initial attempt BUT.....it is still a very low amount of letters, if we really think about how many hundreds of Thief fans are actually out there.

WHAT HAPPENED? The Thief Community needs YOU. Get your letter posted NOW! No excuses.....please EVERYONE make the effort.

I want to enjoy future Fan Missions, if you do too please write your letter to Scott!

thiefessa
3rd Oct 2004, 22:17
I'm thinking that perhaps an email should be sent out to all registered members who posted in the Thief forum to notify them that there is a letter campaign.

Rockn-roll, that's a good idea! Moderators, can this be done?

GlasW0lf
21st Oct 2004, 18:45
Whatever you've already got crossed, cross it again or cross something else (http://forums.ionstorm.com/index.php?showtopic=212731&view=findpost&p=361671)!

lightninglinr
25th Oct 2004, 22:07
Here is a post I found over at TTGS forums

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I come bearing the gift of hope. As many of you know, the studio has been through a great deal recently, and we have been preoccupied with the processes of adaptation and renewal. And, of course, we've been nurturing our next project through its infancy.

Beyond own trials, the industry itself is changing rapidly, and we continue to seek the right balance between our core values and consumer demand. That said, I suspect you will be pleased to learn that we have not forgotten about our existing fan base.

Nor shall we.

In that vein, I’m pleased to announce that we have been (quietly, by necessity) working for several months on the process of releasing the Deadly Shadows editing toolset to the fan community. This is not a guarantee; there are numerous technical and policy-based obstacles that remain to be negotiated.

And if they come, there may be features that you will either have to jury-rig or do without – but believe me when I say that they remain incredibly powerful. On a personal level, I would love to see what you might achieve with them.

As a studio, we want you to know that we are doing our utmost to hand you the keys to The City. If we're able to make it happen, we’ll be as pleased as you are. Your continued interest and loyalty speak for themselves. These tools belong in your hands.

Regards and thanks,

Jordan Thomas

ION STORM

thiefessa
28th Oct 2004, 17:14
That's the most hopeful news I've heard, feel like celebrating!

Peter_Smith
30th Oct 2004, 16:12
Great news! Thank you very much for your efforts, Glaswolf, Scott, Jordan, and everyone who contributed, even in a small way. :) Needless to say, we hope you can go the last mile and complete the job. I guess I will have to play TDS again to become more familiar with its world, in anticipation of taking up the tools when they arrive.

ProjectX
1st Nov 2004, 19:58
I should probably complete it (or restart, I'm sorta cheating (i.e. running past and killing guards instead of using stealth) but I don't wanna have to go through the tutorials all over again, what I need is some general thieving FMs, i.e. just the average "break into house, steal loot, get out" missions, like a real thief would have, no mumbo-jumbo, no undead, just me, my loot and my darkness.) before I get my hnds on the editor, because I don't want to make any stupid FMs that clash with the plot.

Ian Flaer
4th Nov 2004, 18:36
I am signature 7695. I know this came a bit late but I just found out about the existance of this game. fortunately I discovered this while in the process of buying a new computer. I LOVED the first two versions of the game and even made a few minor little levels my self with Dromed. I never released them to the public because they weren't good enough but I played lots of Fan Missions including Purah's brilliant Calendra's Legacy. I had as much or more fun playing FM's than playing the originals so I REALLY, REALLY hope they release the editor. I will be buying T:DS and I will be installing "The Minimalist project" almost right away. I had to wheel and deal with the wife to get the extra money I needed to buy a machine that will play T:DS but she's letting me get the following system:
P4 2.8Ghz with HT tech
512MB DDR SDRAM
150 Gig hard drive spave (between two drives)
ATI Radeon 9600 series card with 256 MB RAM
SB Audigy 2 6.1 sound card
so I figure I'll be sneaking Garrett (which is going to be the name of my second son who will be born DEC 27th 2004) around sometime early next week. just need to remember not to take Garrett swimming (what's up with that!).

Peter_Smith
5th Nov 2004, 07:24
Glad to hear you are enjoying Thief, Ian. :)

The basic 9600 is marginal for Thief DS, according to lots of users. I would study video cards carefully and try to get one with more power. TDS is really a video hog. Speed is more important than memory, so 128 MB should do. The nVidia GeForce FX 5900XT 128-MB, about $170 from Newegg, is what Sharkyextreme recommends in its October value system, which they say is an upgrade from the 9800. The nVidia 6600 GT at around $200 (only PCI Express, no AGP) seems to be pretty strong, too. The ATI 9600 XT may do, but I would not get anything less than that.

If you want to inqure more about this, please post in Technical.

Sorry for the OT. Back to the SDK....

Guineapiggy
6th Nov 2004, 13:07
Not sure what you're on about, my Radeon 9700 managed 800 x 600 full detail x 2 aa x 2 af

ProjectX
7th Nov 2004, 18:00
Not sure what you're on about, my Radeon 9700 managed 800 x 600 full detail x 2 aa x 2 af

Yeah but 800*600 is piddly by most people's standards.

Guineapiggy
8th Nov 2004, 18:14
Then 'most people' are somewhat sad. I've never felt the need to bring anything beyond 1280 x 1024 and even then only if it's to increase the work space available.

Ian Flaer
8th Nov 2004, 18:30
Well, I got the system and Thief runs buttery-smooth even at full detail and i'm one step above 800x600 (1024x something i think) I LOVE the game and really HOPE THEY WILL GIVE US THE LEVEL EDITOR! come on EIDOS hand it over!

ProjectX
8th Nov 2004, 20:50
Then 'most people' are somewhat sad. I've never felt the need to bring anything beyond 1280 x 1024 and even then only if it's to increase the work space available.
even so, 800*600 produces nasty tearing 1024*768 is bearable however.

Peter_Smith
10th Nov 2004, 06:55
Please continue this OT discussion elsewhere. Start a thread in techincal.

ProjectX
28th Nov 2004, 20:39
YOU MUST PRACTISE YOUR LEVEL DESIGN SKILLS

YOU MUST PRODUCE GREAT FMS

(superliminal messaging works a treat don't it?)

ProjectX
30th Dec 2004, 12:03
Something that could bring soem hope, all of you tht are over 18 should buy Doom3.

They are making a Theif Mod for Doom3, this comes with an editor, so technically we could set up a FM website for that etc.

http://www.mindplaces.com/darkmod/

Ian Flaer
31st Dec 2004, 17:57
yeah, I've been watching that. it looks really good. but I'm not gonna rush out and buy Doom 3 until they are done with the mod because I don't really want to play Doom3 in it's original form. hopefuly they'll be able to fix some of the AI problems, like Hammer Guards, Umm I mean Builder Guards, not being able to hit you when you're croutched. oh and rope arrows, they'll have rope arrows! yeah, it looks good and John P and New Horizon have done good work for us already with their textures and the minimalist project.

ProjectX
1st Jan 2005, 12:31
Don't knock Doom3, it's quite good. It came with my Grafics Card (GeForce 6800 GT!) and they really did get the atmosphere of fear done right (sorry cradle, it's just not as good), and it runs better than theif too (plus the textures haven't been smashed by a car too). Still I prefer sneaking to shooting frantically.

Ian Flaer
1st Jan 2005, 18:06
ok, I wasn't meaning to knock doom 3 I'm sure it's a fine game, it's just not the type of game I'm all that interested in that's all. I will buy it to play the dark mod but that's about where my interest in doom 3 ends. I'm not sure I'm all that interested in an official T3 editor because I don't think it would let us fix some of the problems in T3 that MUST be fixed. for me the first thing on the list of fixes that T3 needs is making the AI not have blind spots especially the Hammer guards not being able to hit you when croutched. I'm hoping that the Dark Mod will fix some of these things. so yeah, a new engine will be welcome.

ProjectX
5th Jan 2005, 17:19
If its anything like the Unreal Engine's editor, you'll see impossible-to-beat A.I, new texture systems, a racing game, etc. If it isn't then at least we'll get some cool FMs

Ian Flaer
6th Jan 2005, 18:55
I'm not too familiar with the Unreal games so I really don't understand what you mean by some of those comments, especially the racing game one, other than to think your saying it won't apply to thief very well. as for unbeatable AI, well T3 could use a few unbeatable AI. you could make some unbeatable AI wih The Dark Engine's Dromed too. there's a fan mission I've played that has an invisible, indestructable enemy. fortunately it was slow as dirt and loud too, but those were choices made by the creator, she could have made it both fast and silent. anything would be better than these anemic hammer guards. T3 is based on the Unreal tournament engine isn't it?

ProjectX
7th Jan 2005, 18:17
Originally posted by Ian Flaer
I'm not too familiar with the Unreal games so I really don't understand what you mean by some of those comments, especially the racing game one, other than to think your saying it won't apply to thief very well.

I am a mapper for the Unreal Tournament 2004 racing game: UnWheel. Racing wasn't something intended for the unreal universe either, but it still happened, so thief racer may just happen. Yes Thief is built witha modified Unreal Tournament 2004 engine. Unless they've changed too much it should be just as easy to modfiy.

Oh and when I mentioned unbeatable AI I meant AI that could theoretically be killed/beaten (so not having any special powers or anything, perfectyvisible, etc) but it is so unbelievably smart that it is impossible (like Xan, UT99's boss) or the ones that matchtheir skills to yours in the final fights (e.g. if yu're good at jumping off a ledge raining flak on people (flak is shards of scrap, shot from a shotgun-like weapon) then they wil be too.

Lebensborn
15th Jan 2005, 05:31
Even if they don't release the editor some coders will eventually mod unreal ed. It can't be that different from unreal ed anyway. Untill then if any of you wanna relive the thief 1&2 atmosphere i suggest you get DARKLOADER and download some fan missions, there are some naff ones but there are some good ones to. One i found amusing was this

http://home.insightbb.com/~yandros/released.html

check out a thieves holiday, really good level design and he's even made custiom models and textures, realy good effort and funny at the same time

Lebensborn
15th Jan 2005, 06:00
Nice one PojectX for the link. It looks amazing and from what i can see it looks like it will be better than DS!. Man i'm gettin excited................i might pee pee myself lol. Man the models look good

GlasW0lf
27th Jan 2005, 08:16
Don't forget The Dark Mod for Doom 3. ;) Lots of Thief inspired goodness to come. We're all fans.
Oi, get your own thread! ;)

ProjectX
10th Feb 2005, 21:19
:) Uhm....bring on the Thief editor!! ;)

Looks like chances of that are pretty slim:

"Gamespot is reporting that parent company Eidos Interactive has, today, shut down Ion Storm. Creators of some classic PC games such as the Unreal-Engine Deus Ex series and the Thief series (whose last game was also U-Engine), the developer was also notorious for a few horribly received and over-hyped games such as the infamous Daikatana.

Eidos announced "the displacement of some 35 jobs" at its Austin, TX based Ion Storm unit and an expansion at its Crystal Dynamics unit in San Francisco, though it was not clear whether or not the "displaced" Ion Storm employees would be among the new hires."

Ian Flaer
11th Feb 2005, 02:18
damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, oh damn! well come on new horizon/dark mod, and night blade (ut 2003/4 mod) crews! we need you to come through for us now. this means if/when we see another thief game it will have been passed off on yet another group of people with yet another interpretation of what the game should be. I just hope another one does happen and the team is more thurough with play testing and optimizing.

GlasW0lf
11th Feb 2005, 02:55
Here's (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/deus-ex-invisible-war/586825p1.html) the link for confirmation. I hope the folk involved get picked up by Crystal Dynamics or elsewhere PDQ.

No news yet as to how this affects the editor campaign.

GlasW0lf
20th Feb 2005, 16:25
A quick mention from null here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1210739#post1210739) - the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

ProjectX
21st Feb 2005, 10:57
A quick mention from null here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1210739#post1210739) - the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

That is one heck of a relief!

esme
23rd Feb 2005, 12:50
*turning blue from holding breath*

GlasW0lf
23rd Feb 2005, 23:48
It looks like you can breathe again, esme.

Ladies and gentlemen... we have an editor.

http://www.fileplanet.com/150454/150000/fileinfo/Thief:-Deadly-Shadows-Editor

HenrytheRat
24th Feb 2005, 01:21
There is a god! Very very good news.... cheers everybody. :D

ProjectX
24th Feb 2005, 07:18
It looks like you can breathe again, esme.

Ladies and gentlemen... we have an editor.

http://www.fileplanet.com/150454/150000/fileinfo/Thief:-Deadly-Shadows-Editor

Woohoo! Break out the champagne!!!!! :eek: :cool: :D

Ian Flaer
24th Feb 2005, 14:20
Hooo RA! replayability! this may well make T3 the best thief game yet only time will tell. now, off to KOMAG to see what sort of FM contest is being organised.

Guineapiggy
24th Feb 2005, 15:07
I love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love youI love you

*Ahem* :cool:

esme
24th Feb 2005, 18:03
YEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAA I wanna have your baybeeeeeeees OMG I'm mildly excited :D

you can probably tell can't you :D

To Null, Faceless, all the Devs and everyone who had a hand in getting this released I love you all passionately and deeply.

There are gods and you are they

:D

Brother52
25th Feb 2005, 13:17
GREAT NEWS!

Now I can't design levels for toffee, so you talented people out there get building, 'cause I want to get taffing!

cliffmeister
7th Mar 2005, 20:06
do I really have to pay for the editor?????

Komag
7th Mar 2005, 22:23

no

tealsmith
7th Mar 2005, 22:24

Yep, you're the only one that has to. Everyone else can download it for free but YOU... oh no, you've got to shell out some cash :p

This post brought to you by sarcasm. Sprinkle some on your cereal every morning for a good day.

cliffmeister
9th Mar 2005, 14:59
tanx lol
:cool:

Grey Mouser
23rd Mar 2005, 22:40
Tabitha Brown deserves all of your thanks, at least as much as I do. Not that eveyrone else does not also...but Tabitha gets major taffer accolades.

Tabitha...consider yerself an Official Taffer. Now, that may not be a GOOD thing necessarily....but I bet you'll get more loot! And a bunch of cool folks to hang with, but I bet you figured that out already.

Talk to me any time. And that was a _very_ nice picture. Good frame, too. Honest.
GM

GlasW0lf
24th Mar 2005, 22:22
I think she may have posted over at the thiefpetition forums in the "what have you sent to Eidos" thread:
Handwritten letter, chocolate and I wanted to include something that would make people perhaps stop by his cube,desk,office, whatever he may be in. I thought about a real piece of artwork, but went for humor over art. I've drawn a stickmen cartoon and Im going to frame it and send it with the chocolate. Its very simple, and has a thief blackjacking a guard in front of an Eidos building, wall climbing w/ gloves to get in a window, wall pressing in a cube farm to sneak past guards, flying past guards gathered around a water cooler, and tip toeing over tile floors to grab a "magical SDK " cd. If this is too off the wall lemme know someone, I was after somethin that might make people stop by and look, maybe garner some continued office notice after the chocolates have been eaten.
Sounds like there's a story behind this GM - prey tell. I hope she notices this too.

massimilianogoi
31st Dec 2014, 13:57
Updated 27th February 2005

As you may well have seen...

THE EDITOR HAS BEEN RELEASED!

There's a list of download locations here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93982) and a new support forum at TTLG here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138). The package that's been released is pretty rough and ready, so make sure and check the forum (particularly this thread (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91952)) before you even try to install the editor.

So... we did it. :D Pat yourself on the back if you signed the petition, sent a letter or contributed in whatever way you could - your efforts ensured that Eidos and Ion Storm couldn't ignore our pleas. Additionally, we have to be grateful to several "insiders" who worked long and hard to ensure that the Thief fan mission legacy will continue. You can read a little about them here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93994). And if you see Grey Mouser around, give him a biscuit - I think he deserves it.

So here's all is started, and my life was changed, even before knowing the game (I started to play thief in December 2005, starting to using the editor in June 2006). Oh well, I always feel a great nostalgy reading these messages. Thanks to all these people for bothering to send letters and e-mails, otherwise I could never express my very potential in life. I feel thankful towards anyone of you. At that time I was so involved in university studies and girls, and I neither knew my real mate, my great point of view and my way of life. This game changed irreversibly my life, I left my studies, felt in the world of it, and since today I have just a few works very short, because the recall to the world of Thief: Deadly Shadows is too strong.

With lots of love for you

http://s2.postimg.org/zf2v86j09/Untitled_1.jpg