PDA

View Full Version : Updates @ www.thief3.com were removed!

Thief-punk
16th Mar 2004, 14:20
Since nearly everyone is wondering why the heck they won't see any updates at the official t3-site...

Appearantly the updates @ www.thief3.com were REMOVED

BLaST wrote:

I was just told to remove the updates... sorry

So it seems the updates were removed, yes. BLaST appears to be admin, and writes in this thread (http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=209074) that he had to remove the stuff he uploaded. So that seems to be the reason why only a few taffers got to see the news :P

It's not your cache-settings that are buggin' ya fellows...

ADP
16th Mar 2004, 14:32
Why on earth would they update a website, and then take it off???? Yet still keep the files there????? This whole thing just doesnt make sense:confused:

van_HellSing PL
16th Mar 2004, 14:34
If so, why do the links still work?

Thief-punk
16th Mar 2004, 14:41
I have no idea. Perhaps they just removed the links on the actual site? ...and saved the files for later use...

Why I don't know. Maybe they're too lazy to remove it all, hehe...

van_HellSing PL
16th Mar 2004, 14:50
Yes, I meant all the links I posted here. But I just did an experiment and cleaned out my cache, cookies and temp files and the site also works! Also, I'm not sure what BLaST meant in his post, maybe he was referring to something else? :confused:

Thief-punk
16th Mar 2004, 14:56
Originally posted by van_HellSing PL
Yes, I meant all the links I posted here. But I just did an experiment and cleaned out my cache, cookies and temp files and the site also works! Also, I'm not sure what BLaST meant in his post, maybe he was referring to something else? :confused:

Well, the headline of BLaST:s post says "Thief Deadly Shadows Screen Shots, New screens @ www.thief3.com"

And then when I read the post he writes that he had to remove it all... Seems as if he edited the original message (considering that not a single one of the answers he got makes any sense to what he wrote), and now that very thread is locked.

Chiefdreams
16th Mar 2004, 17:27
That is so juvinile.

BrokenArts
16th Mar 2004, 18:10
:rolleyes: :|

Tenkahubu
16th Mar 2004, 18:59
If they have been removed then one or more must feature something that we are not supposed to see, either because it was meant to be a storyline secret or because it shows something that will not actually be included in the game. Maybe I'll try having a look.

van_HellSing PL
16th Mar 2004, 21:54
Originally posted by Deadreak @ Ion Storm forums

Okay guys, just got e-mail from Eidos, site is updated at once!

Squid
17th Mar 2004, 06:50
I'm suspecting that he updated the site before Eidos sent out the announcement to site subscribers... and when the announcement went out, he put the stuff back up.

Squid