PDA

View Full Version : Food Menu & Supplies

thiefessa
14th Mar 2004, 20:38
Mmmmm, wonder what changes have been made in Thief DS with regard to food supplies. What tasty medieval morsels can be envisaged? Rat and onion soup perhaps, ugh...!

I hope Ion Storm have made the issue of food/health much more realistic than it was in Thief 1 and 2, by NOT providing so much food in one obvious place - like the kitchen, for example. It should ideally be much harder to find or steal, thus providing more of a challenge in the art of survival....which is what we want, isn't it?

The more luxurious cuisine could be worth more points than your average street food. Better food could give Garrett greater health....but it should be harder to get your hands on, such as a busy populated banquet in a great mansion hall.

I never really enjoyed finding tons of apples or carrots - of which had very little value of course. You had to scoff the lot of 'em before your health bar would begin to look better. It was unrealistic and a bit boring, me thinks.

tealsmith
14th Mar 2004, 20:55
Originally posted by thiefessa
It was unrealistic and a bit boring, me thinks.

True that. I can recall one time I was low on health, and in the spcae of 4 seconds I ate 15 whole loafs of bread, returning my health to normal! Who knew wheat was so powerful?

thiefessa
14th Mar 2004, 23:07
LOL, you may need 15 loaves of bread to help wash down that rat and onion soup!

tealsmith
15th Mar 2004, 04:57
I don't know. The way some of the guards in the games talk, it sounds like those rats are pretty tasty.

ChowYunFat
15th Mar 2004, 05:16
I think they should have crunchy frogs.

imported_deadly_thief
15th Mar 2004, 21:08
i think they should have the suisidle exploding frogs to eat but they explode with flavour in youe mouth instead

hummmm.....yummy

thiefessa
15th Mar 2004, 21:20
Don't like the sound of exploding frogs, though of course the 'flavour in your mouth' wouldn't really enhance game play.

I like the idea of crunchy frogs though...with chips I assume!

thiefessa
15th Mar 2004, 21:23
Do I dare suggest Burrick Pie?

Okay, don't get mad at me - oh lovers of that "funny looking green-noxious breath creature on four legs"....only a joke, besides....I am a vegetarian!!!

Acorn
16th Mar 2004, 01:55
I only hope that biting into different foods don't all sound like a crisp apple.

Cheese: loud teeth biting through apple sound.
Bread: teeth in apple sound.
Deer leg: teeth in apple sound.
crunch crunch crunch

mainen8
16th Mar 2004, 03:29
Actually there were only 2 eating sounds.
The "Chew and Gulp", and the "Crisp Crunch".
The bread, cheese, and deer legs were chew-gulps, and the vegetation was crispy crunch.

imported_deadly_thief
18th Mar 2004, 18:29
first thing im gonna do is make minced meat out of those hammerites mwha!

imported_deadly_thief
18th Mar 2004, 18:31
then ill get my dagger and stab a gaurd, stick him in the fire and have gaurd cabab

thiefessa
18th Mar 2004, 20:09
Deadly_thief, I bet you are just a big softie behind that rather agressive facade!!!??

Kerghan
19th Mar 2004, 09:56
Originally posted by Acorn
I only hope that biting into different foods don't all sound like a crisp apple.

Cheese: loud teeth biting through apple sound.
Bread: teeth in apple sound.
Deer leg: teeth in apple sound.
crunch crunch crunch

Yea, like eating cheese or bread could be stealthy. Put some in your pockets and save it later for "secret eating"... :D

york807
29th Mar 2004, 18:38
So if were going for realism that means in Thief 3 if Garrett eats to much cheese he'll be realy slow do to the constipation....LOL