PDA

View Full Version : TR3, missing secrets?

Tipsko
13th Mar 2004, 10:45
Hey!

I'm replaying TR3, trying to get all the secrets and only using the dual guns. In the third level of the jungle, where you get the Quad Bike, you can choose 2 ways after you opened a door, left, or right. If you go right, you need 2 keys to open a door to pass that path. Do you miss any secrets if you go one way or another? I have two or three atm of all five, and almost at the end. I know there is one at the waterfall too.

Thanks!

Solange
13th Mar 2004, 11:08
You miss one secret if you take the right path, but then you can get an extra secret in South Pacific, so that you still get the bonus level. And there is apparantly a way of taking both paths. I haven't tried this though. Here is what Stella says about this:

*There are two main paths through this level. These are described in detail in the section titled "IMPORTANT - CHOICE OF PATHS" (below). You can complete the level by taking either path; however, if you choose the path THROUGH THE RUINS, you will miss one of the secrets. If you choose the path ALONG THE RIVER, you can get all four secrets but fewer kills and pick-ups. You need to find all the secrets to access the bonus level at the end of the game.

It is possible, though tricky, to complete the path ALONG THE RIVER and then jump back across the river on foot to explore the RUINS. This is not necessary, but it is the only way to get all of the kills and items. The WALKTHROUGH UPDATE at the end of this document has detailed instructions for doing this.

The numbers for kills, items, etc., above are the total number of each type for the level, followed by the totals for the RIVER path only and the RUINS path only in parentheses. The keys are found only on the path through the RUINS.

If you have already taken the path through the ruins and missed one of the secrets, you can make it up by finding the extra secret in the South Pacific Coastal Village level. (Details appear in the walkthrough for that level.)

Tipsko
13th Mar 2004, 18:11
Thanks Solange :D

I can still choose to take the other way, so I'll see what I can do. The way along the river is the left path I presume?

Solange
13th Mar 2004, 19:31
Yes, that is the path you must take to get that secret. But less kills.

And here (http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR3walk/ganges.html) you can see how you can take both routes if you are up for a challenge!

Btw, Tipsko... Could you send me a savegame from somewhere after you take the left path... I reinstalled windows not so long ago, and I just discovered that in a cleaning frenzy I deleted my savegames today... :o And I don't like the jungle very much, so I just can't be bothered starting from the beginning... lol

Tipsko
13th Mar 2004, 19:35
Thanks again :)

and I'll send you the savegame ;)

Solange
13th Mar 2004, 21:40
Thanks sweetie! :)

So glad I don't have to start from the beginning! :D Can't believe I deleted them though! :D How could I be so careless??? :D

Tipsko
14th Mar 2004, 00:01
Now I've got all the items, kills and secrets :) This really makes the game more challenging for replay

glamiss
14th Mar 2004, 17:13
i have problems getting all secrets in the nevada desert because of the huge jumps she needs to take with the bike to get across the gorges. for a lot of 'em, there are alternate ways to walk / run to the other side, but not for one of them...