PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV Pre-order Redemption Page Concerns

Pages : [1] 2

sokunatsee
21st Aug 2013, 01:42
We sincerely apologize, but the pre-order redemption site is experiencing very high traffic which we are currently working to resolve. We are adding additional bandwidth and server capacity to ensure that all customers will be able to redeem their pre-order codes as soon as possible. Early Access starts on August 24th at 2am PDT, and Square Enix is working hard to ensure that all FFXIV pre-order customers will be able to download and play the game.

We're aware that some NA users are receiving EU-region codes and are working to address that as well. We'll be sure to keep you updated and make sure to stay tuned to our official Twitter account for the latest updates.
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

Mallust
21st Aug 2013, 02:08
Shouldn't this have all been worked out way before now. I canceled my pre order cause you guys have very bad customer support. And have bandwidth set up for 1000 people guess you didn't plan on having a player base from the get go. Shame cause the game is a great game, but the support and the confusion of Different Registration sites for everything is just really bad. Codes getting switched and missed up is unacceptable. I know if I was in charge some heads would roll. Good luck maybe I will try the game in a few months when you have figured it out.

MrGuest
21st Aug 2013, 02:24
We sincerely apologize, but the pre-order redemption site is experiencing very high traffic which we are currently working to resolve. We are adding additional bandwidth and server capacity to ensure that all customers will be able to redeem their pre-order codes as soon as possible. Early Access starts on August 24th at 2am PDT, and Square Enix is working hard to ensure that all FFXIV pre-order customers will be able to download and play the game.

We're aware that some NA users are receiving EU-region codes and are working to address that as well. We'll be sure to keep you updated and make sure to stay tuned to our official Twitter account for the latest updates.

Look admin, i pre-ordered my game a few weeks ago, paid for it and everything but still have not received my key. After sending countless emails and launching tickets to your support center i have received no gains and everything is just tumbling down. The only response i've received from you guys was to call your head center in england which i cannot do due to living in Australia and with your web chat being unavailable you're starting to place to much strain on my willingness to jump through all your hoops.

PLEASE NOTE: YES I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR IT.

Now if there were a reason to why i have not received my key after such a extensive period of time i may be happy to drop these issues im having and begin giving you my money again otherwise i see no reason to continue being a willing able consumer.

orezdd
21st Aug 2013, 02:33
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0vO30WQGIPWGbniYCQ8CG7UoiCsh6U4z8VnoGzWapvnwvLl2s6g

Brigit
21st Aug 2013, 02:40
These are the growing pains of a new launch.
For the disgruntled, this is not the team that launched the original FFXIV, and it is probably not the team that launched FFXI.
This is a highly anticipated launch of an MMO of a popular franchise, there are bound to be bandwidth issues and unexpected hithces.
I do agree that communication could be better, but considering the volume of responses that need to be generated, patience is a good idea.
Before anyone starts off with, "But WoW,...." let me stop you there. I was there for the WoW launch. Do you know how that went?
It took me 9 hours to download the client after multiple restarts, I had to wait for 3 hours to log IN to the servers and I was kicked off the
servers every 15 minutes. Then, had to wait to log back in.
No launch runs smoothly. There are 4 more days until early access and 7 more days to launch.
Take a deep breath and play some more soltaire.
Don't Panic.

ElainTheShy
21st Aug 2013, 02:42
Never even got my preorder email yet...

ImWest
21st Aug 2013, 02:46
Honestly, I'm just glad they finally addressed it. I can at least keep my mind at ease knowing that SE is trying to resolve the problem, and I know they will.
Thank you for the announcement.

Senarious
21st Aug 2013, 02:47
For the disgruntled, this is not the team that launched the original FFXIV, and it is probably not the team that launched FFXI.
This is a highly anticipated launch of an MMO of a popular franchise, there are bound to be bandwidth issues and unexpected hithces.
I do agree that communication could be better, but considering the volume of responses that need to be generated, patience is a good idea.
Before anyone starts off with, "But WoW,...." let me stop you there. I was there for the WoW launch. Do you know how that went?
It took me 9 hours to download the client after multiple restarts, I had to wait for 3 hours to log IN to the servers and I was kicked off the
No launch runs smoothly. There are 4 more days until early access and 7 more days to launch.
Don't Panic.

^^ Let the truth be told!

SGT_Lightning
21st Aug 2013, 02:52
Glad that things are being addressed. :)

Ravenkind
21st Aug 2013, 03:02
Thank you SE for the update, I appreciate the communication and realize how hectic things must be for you prior launch. All i can say is I still support the game even with the teething problems. love the old game so i bought that to keep calm and carry on as my way of saying...
http://cdn.superbwallpapers.com/wallpapers/meme/shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-800x600.jpg

orezdd
21st Aug 2013, 03:35
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7752771072/h35A1145A/

Ziah05
21st Aug 2013, 04:41
only thing im worried bout is that it says i registered a pc copy and i nvr did even though its on my profile. ik others are having the same issue so all i wanna do is make sure that once my code actually works it will be for my ps3 and not invalid

Adventfire
21st Aug 2013, 04:54

Okay so far I have not seen anyone explain what Error 3 means or what the difference between the NA and EU region codes are so how would we know which one we have? Also its been almost a full day and I can't believe we are still having problems just putting in a code. Is this a foreshadow of things to come? I expect some bumps when the game launches but just inputting codes? Are we going to have to wait for a Realm Re-Re-Born?

hakaiken
21st Aug 2013, 05:08
Okay so far I have not seen anyone explain what Error 3 means or what the difference between the NA and EU region codes are so how would we know which one we have? Also its been almost a full day and I can't believe we are still having problems just putting in a code. Is this a foreshadow of things to come? I expect some bumps when the game launches but just inputting codes? Are we going to have to wait for a Realm Re-Re-Born?

I am also looking for an explanation to these things. What does Error 3 mean specifically? And how do you tell the difference between NA and EU codes?

Lukums
21st Aug 2013, 05:16
I am also looking for an explanation to these things. What does Error 3 mean specifically? And how do you tell the difference between NA and EU codes?

There is no major difference.

I've spoken to support about that question their answer.

The difference between EU/NA codes are the CUSTOMER SUPPORT in which you receive if you buy from the EU store you receive EU support vice versa.
Redeeming your code on EU/NA will lead to the same account which you then choose your Server.
Your EU Account will be HELD on the EU server while the NA account will be on the NA Server HOWEVER! They cross reference from EU/NA it's confusing as hell and I don't understand it but that's how they have done it.

Anheas
21st Aug 2013, 05:33
Why are company's now using social media site's to keep customers informed on any problem's.

I don't give a toss about Facebook,Twitter and the rest. The least they could do is update their official site with any news.

orezdd
21st Aug 2013, 05:48
Its is going to be hell when the game releases and they find a bug.If the server are bad for some codes, I don't wanna see when we actually play

Dreamcastguy
21st Aug 2013, 05:53
I entered my pre-order code from my gamestop receipt into the NA site and it gave me error 3. Now I have the game listed in my games list but it says its PC. Will I still be able to participate in early access on my PS3 (since I dont have a good PC) and does this mean my pre-order bonuses are now registered to my account? Any help would be great, dont want to have thrown money out the window!

genmaruakiha
21st Aug 2013, 06:01
I have Paid for the pre-order i have found the pre-order on the digital river site that i got to on SE's shop and yet to receive any email pertaining to the registration of my "keys" as all i can see on my order from digital river is my serial number. I would like to know why i have not yet received my email for registering anything; it's starting to make me lose faith in a game i've been wanting to play for so long. (I am also an NA resident and the post says NA codes have been emailed already including the registration emails)

D4RK4SYLUM
21st Aug 2013, 06:31
See the problem is when a company who gets a load of money from the customer to which they are so vague on what is going on and being shady clowns....................... We pay their bills so you'd think they would not be so shady about what is going on when this is a big problem. It would be nice to have a company just be like hey we screwed up instead of hiding behind "Server Problems"..... OK? Who runs your servers? Must not be you guys cause this is a recurring issue with SE lol. We pay their bills to have them hire staff that cant handle the pay grade they signed up for. Yes things happen yes problems come up but be front with the people that want to support you reassure us you got it handled. Help us instead of leaving us with literally nothing to cling on to.

Lycergus
21st Aug 2013, 06:44
Is the PSN issue with codes being turned down as "expired or no longer valid" an issue with regional codes, or is that something else entirely?

SirCrush
21st Aug 2013, 06:49
Hmm...you've not been given your Early Access key yet? You have until Friday night before you start to panic. If you're cancelling pre-orders and flaming Square Enix NOW, you just look like a spoiled brat to me. Give them a chance to fix the issue. If they don't, then complain about their customer service. "Bad customer service" is a senseless crutch that too many internet folk lean on to justify their sense of entitlement. It isn't bad customer service until it IS bad customer service. The issues are being addressed. Deep breath, it'll be okay. And if it's not I'll right next to you with my torch and pitchfork.

Lukums
21st Aug 2013, 06:57
To be honest a lot of us now have the codes sent out to us via email and have already registered myself included.

So there is nothing wrong and it did work for a period of time before something happened.

It's time to take a step back, if you have purchased the game from a retailer there are many things they may not have mentioned like supplying codes themselves NOT square enix.

My code was sent to me via email from the EU square enix store and it sent me to the registration site which the registration was SUCCESSFUL.

I can't be the only one, you have 3 days till early access, give it a rest. They will fix it in time and make sure everyone will log on relax.

I can fully understand the frustration and people getting upset angry if the pre-launch was 2-6 hours away but it's NOT.

Again you have 3 DAYS before you can log in. Stress Less. If I was fine. You'll be fine too.

DarkChaos666
21st Aug 2013, 07:06
And complaining about it like this does what for you, other than making you look like a retarded monkey? Grow up, there is a LOT to do before a game releases, their customer service department is only so large, you try fielding questions and emails to thousands of players with a time limit looming over your head and trying to please millions of people who are awaiting this awesome game. If you chose to cancel your pre order, you wont be missed. Self entitled gamers like you are what are ruining this wonderful industry. Bye and have fun back in WoW or some other game.

digitalprowler
21st Aug 2013, 07:41
../sigh mountains out of mole hills.../shakes head. this issue.....should be non existent lol. there is a tried and true method used throughout mankind's not so illustrious history, it's the KISS method, "Keep It Simple Stupid." this problem is a direct result of the failure to implement said method.

1. there should be one English speaking site.
2. a pre-order code to an English version of the game should be a pre-order code to an English version of the game.
3. inputting the code from anywhere in the world on step 1 should result in your copy of the game is registered.

the pre-order code should in no way determine what server you are on or can pick to play, so why does it even matter? we set up our SE account, they have our email addresses, they send emails/we input code on our account, said account is thus granted early access and a link to download the client appears/emailed/whatever. I cant even begin to imagine what they have tried to do...mountains out of molehills SE....lol

this was written with a light heart and many chuckles, as I really don't care if or when I get to play the game. its just...ive played mmos for as long as they have been making mmos, the f2ps, the p2ps, all genres, 100s upon 100s of games and never seen the simple putting in of a pre-order code go so awry lol, now ive seen them have issues with actually getting the codes to people but never a problem activating the game with em. craziness lol

kckris
21st Aug 2013, 08:01
only thing im worried bout is that it says i registered a pc copy and i nvr did even though its on my profile. ik others are having the same issue so all i wanna do is make sure that once my code actually works it will be for my ps3 and not invalid

I am having the same issue. I registered my xxxx-111-xxxx-111 code and now it says in my profile that I registered a PC copy. I clearly bought the PS3 Collectors Edition. I as well would like to make sure that I will be receiving a PS3 early access code along with my in-game Cait Sith Doll Minion & Moogle Cap for PS3.

DrakenSilverwing
21st Aug 2013, 08:35
I am having the same issue. I registered my xxxx-111-xxxx-111 code and now it says in my profile that I registered a PC copy. I clearly bought the PS3 Collectors Edition. I as well would like to make sure that I will be receiving a PS3 early access code along with my in-game Cait Sith Doll Minion & Moogle Cap for PS3.

same exact problem here... i pray it all works out in the end thats all, and that something didnt go to bad. i've been anticipating this for a long long time. ps3CE early access code has been near my ps3 for months! heh

AgentMushroom
21st Aug 2013, 10:29
I've preordered FFXIV the 10th of August. I didn't even get a ******* Key. Come on customer support! I want my goddamn key. NOW!

Greetings,

A very dissapointed customer.

Deloof
21st Aug 2013, 10:40
Agentmushroom i am having the same issue i pre-ordered the game the charge is on my card i have a the info for the purchased yet i haven't received a code i'll be patient for a day or 2 but if i see people already in game and i haven't received my code im not going to be happy about it

Darklordkjell
21st Aug 2013, 11:22
I did receive the code, but when I try to redeem the code, it say the code is invalid. Come on, let me redeem the stupid code. :mad:

- Slightly impatient costumer :whistle:

KettShee
21st Aug 2013, 11:43
If you have no pre-order code, contact the retailer who you placed your order with. It is they who send you the code not SE.

As for registering the initial pre-order code there is a problem with the site, try again tomorrow there are still 2 whole days left to do that stuff.

venkaramon
21st Aug 2013, 11:45
RAAU (NA) RAAE (EU) key what does that imply no official announcement yet.

Sorry I havent found info regarding to those who haven't gotten keys your best bet is to contact support.

To those who registered a PS version but see a PC version it will change after a while I remember reading a post in the b. forums about it sorry I dont want to dig through 200+ pages for it.

To those spamming and get error 3 and 1 check every now and then your profile here. I never got past the errors but voila suddenly it appears registered. Awaiting email now for the 20 digit code.

Personally I'd rather have them give us updates every now and then but not so much and so they can focus more on fixing it.

crbngville2
21st Aug 2013, 11:46
Like everyone else, I have been getting Error 03 for two days now (NA region). I just hope that I will still be able to get early eaccess. Early access is one of the reasons that I preordered. It would be a shame if Square Enix didn't make good on their preorder guarantee. I have really enjoyed the beta and think that this has the potential to be a really great game. I just don't understand how something as simple as code registrations could have been handled so poorly. I find it impossible to beleive that Square didn't know how many copies had been preordered and that leaves no reason why they weren't prepared for the amount of traffic to redeem these codes.

Update: Now the game shows up as registered under my profile. However, it incorrectly states that it is the PC version when I only hit the PS3 version button. I'm hoping this doesn't interfere with me being able to get early access. Does anyone know if there is anything else needed to be done if we participated in the open beta? Will I be able to to just use the open beta download for access?

Elleray
21st Aug 2013, 11:55
I got my pre-order confirmation email the same day I bought the product but for some reason it's the wrong code (looks like the store receipt code)
after ignoring loads of butthurt ragers posts and read the actually informative posts hidden in there, it looks like we'll be getting another one sent through the mail in chunks.

It would have been a lot easier if they just said this and the preorder didnt say the code is in our " confirmation email", because my confirmation email looks like xxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (with the first 2 sets being words) and it said something like the product activation code.

I've heard many a time SE have one of the worst customer support and public relations for a game company but that's expected when they're so large and have so much to deal with. I only hope this is a reminder that without the community, they'll lose so much, and that ommunity needs looking after properly

akzarr
21st Aug 2013, 11:56
Такими темпами Square Enix добьется только одного "очередного провала" .Вся их возня это только показуха, вся их команда лохи, я еще не в одной игре такого наплевательства на своих клиентов не видел. Square Enix вы лошары.

Anheas
21st Aug 2013, 12:03
Has the redemption page been fixed yet i am still getting Error 3 when trying to enter my code i got from Amazon.uk.

Darklordkjell
21st Aug 2013, 12:07
Where do you register the code to? I am getting directed to my profile to add a new game. Which is where I only receive the invalid code message. :p

EDIT: I click on the link which I got in the mail, to preorder.something.something

SECOND EDIT: When everything else fail, trust Internet Explorer. ;) I manage to redeem my code.:D
EDIT.. Again, or not. Error message 3. xD

LockeHighwind
21st Aug 2013, 13:02
I'm actually glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I've had my copy preordered since, well before XIV had an official release date. Not being a legacy member, I can't fully say how it's gone, but since phase 3 it's been a rather bumpy road.

Before you all bit my head off with the whole "it's just the beta" routine. I understand that, and have every intention of buying it still. A little more notification would be greatly appreciated though. For gameplay value, graphics, and the likes. They've done an absolutely amazing job. Keeping up to date on customer quality?... Let's just go with "lackluster" on this one.

All in all I hope these issues are resolved before actually launching the full game (or at least compensated for if they can't). If any admins are reading these, just remember a little communication goes a long way. People are quite a bit more reasonable when they are informed. (Or at least they have something true to complain about, and not just 'things they've heard')

enjidamit
21st Aug 2013, 13:04
I entered my pre-order code from my gamestop email into the NA site and it gave me error 3. Now I have the game listed in my games list but it says its PC. Will I still be able to participate in early access on my PS3 (since my PC doesnt work with the game slthough it meets the requirements) and does this mean my pre-order bonuses are now registered to my account? Any help would be great, dont want to have thrown money out the window!

venkaramon
21st Aug 2013, 13:15
Read my post above. Re: the pre order you should get another email saying registration successful check spam . When you get your keycode ps3 for the game registration and finish the application (not the one you've already done) you should be able to confirm then and actually redeem your stuff

KettShee
21st Aug 2013, 13:18
Come back tomorrow people, move along.

Consilio
21st Aug 2013, 13:27
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0vO30WQGIPWGbniYCQ8CG7UoiCsh6U4z8VnoGzWapvnwvLl2s6g

Love you!

Abelkoran
21st Aug 2013, 14:39
I have a different problem. I see a lot of discussions about the codes sent by the SE online store via mail. But what of those who pre-ordered from other sites? I bought my copy on a french dematerialized site, and they sent me Ă* 18 digits code right away. When I try to redeem it via "add a game" on the SE site, I get the invalid code message. When I do on http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (after choosing french language, leading me to think that I'm on a EU site), I got the "a problem occured, try again later".

My problem is that I have absolutely no idea why, since I read so many non documented things about this early access. Is my code legit and the registering process is just not open yet? Is my code really wrong? I'm a bit helpless...

Myrtle
21st Aug 2013, 14:51
I pre-ordered in June, haven't received a code, decided to cancel my order, I have received several emails about how if I haven't received the code by today to let them know. I DON'T WANT THE **** CODE!!!!... they can't seem to read the word CANCEL. Appalling Customer Support, which is the reason I've decided I really don't want to play this game but would rather wait for EQ Next Landmark.

Adderni
21st Aug 2013, 14:54
Don't Panic.

This is well said, I too was there for this and it was days before you could actually start enjoying the game. But Blizzard did listen and make corrections very quickly for the amount of issues that presented themselves. I was also there for the launch of SWOTR, and again it was a debacle. The difference is they did not spend the time to correct the issues that the players were having. They spend the majority of their time trying to advance the game. The game failed in my opinion because you cant advance a game with so many issues that need to be fixed first. Now being a FF fan from back in the day when FF was released on NES I hope that this team learns more from the WoW perspective and fixes issues before they focus on advancement. A smoother game will be much better than one with and extra RAID boss. Just my 2 cents.

GaBacon
21st Aug 2013, 14:56
Has the redemption page been fixed yet i am still getting Error 3 when trying to enter my code i got from Amazon.uk.
Naaa. im getting it as i am typing this.

carloscampanholi
21st Aug 2013, 14:58
I want A KEY FOR MY REGION. Why did i receive a EU key if my account is NA?

Ilzhen
21st Aug 2013, 15:18
I have preordered and paid in FULL. I ordered from the SE site, not some third party store. I have yet to receive my early access code and I cannot add FFXIV to my games list. When trying to fix the second problem I was sent a response that was per-generated and didn't address my problem in ANY way. I have sent another ticket in and have yet to hear anything from SE. I have been playing MMOs since UO (1996) and I have yet to see anything this unorganized BEFORE a launch ... ever.

TerakAlonia
21st Aug 2013, 15:43
Pre-order code, 18 digits, xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx, is only good for registering on pre-order site. This "preorder serial number" is registered at
NA http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com.
or EU http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/
If you haven't gotten this code call customer service: 1-800-883-8895
It is currently giving this error message: "Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later" BTW Error 3 only means the server is busy or not available.

The Early Access code, 20 digits, xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, is being distributed through email since the 20th and is only good for opening the Early Access client. You register Early Access registration codes here:
https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...arlytop?rgn=na
https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...arlytop?rgn=eu
It is in Maintenance right now but should be available soon.

BTW It does not matter whether you got a NA or EU code as either way you still choose which server you play on. It only affects SE account management.

The Game Code that comes in the box is the actual Registration Code that you will need to play the game on the 27th or before the end of the trial period. Some people got the digital download and that will have its own code. Players that get the client free should also get the code.

Adderni
21st Aug 2013, 15:45
For those that have not received your XXXX-111-XXXX-111 code have you tried to get it from www.findmyorder.com ?It was in my email from SE with my code. If you ordered from SE try that site and sign in with your 11 digit order number or last 6 of credit card used and it should show you your XXXX-111-XXXX-111 code. I do not know if this works for other retailers. I do know that when I talked to the guy at GameStop he said they had run out of early access codes a couple days ago.

Kresteen
21st Aug 2013, 15:53
Pre-order code, 18 digits, xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx, is only good for registering on pre-order site. This "preorder serial number" is registered at
It is currently giving this error message: "Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later" BTW Error 3 only means the server is busy or not available.

The Early Access code, 20 digits, xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, is being distributed through email since the 20th and is only good for opening the Early Access client. You register Early Access registration codes here:
It is in Maintenance right now but should be available soon.

BTW It does not matter whether you got a NA or EU code as either way you still choose which server you play on. It only affects SE account management.

The Game Code that comes in the box is the actual Registration Code that you will need to play the game on the 27th or before the end of the trial period. Some people got the digital download and that will have its own code. Players that get the client free should also get the code.

This is confusing me.. There is a preorder code, early access code, AND the code that comes in retail? I thought the 18 digit code IS the early access and preorder bonuses code?

Bluejay762
21st Aug 2013, 16:22
This is the dumbest system I have ever seen. What genius decided to use three different code systems? And on top of that none of the registrations systems seem to work.

Are you trying to ensure this game will fail?

SoleReaver
21st Aug 2013, 16:23
This is confusing me.. There is a preorder code, early access code, AND the code that comes in retail? I thought the 18 digit code IS the early access and preorder bonuses code?
if you pre ordered the game you get a code which allows you to register the game and receive your early access code via email. this allows you to play a few extra days before public release. on release day if you purchased the actual game then you will receive another code inside the box to allow you to play the game from then on. my thoughts for the extra code ( there should really only be 2 or 1) is that many people who preordered the game at like a gaming store only payed $5 so therefore another code was added that comes in the box to be able to play on release day and then on insuring SE gets there full $40+ and not b having people purchasing the full game for only $5 lol only 2 codes is needed IMO but SE decided to go with 3... regestration, early access code, and the final game purchase code.

Obiebrice
21st Aug 2013, 16:25

I have the same exact problem. Well I feel a little better now, knowing that I'm not the only one. That means it's a bug and they are working on fixing it.

Kresteen
21st Aug 2013, 16:29
if you pre ordered the game you get a code which allows you to register the game and receive your early access code via email. this allows you to play a few extra days before public release. on release day if you purchased the actual game then you will receive another code inside the box to allow you to play the game from then on. my thoughts for the extra code ( there should really only be 2 or 1) is that many people who preordered the game at like a gaming store only payed $5 so therefore another code was added that comes in the box to be able to play on release day and then on insuring SE gets there full $40+ and not b having people purchasing the full game for only $5 lol only 2 codes is needed IMO but SE decided to go with 3... regestration, early access code, and the final game purchase code.

I preordered my copy in a game store and had the code printed on a receipt. I figured this code was for early access and the bonuses, so i thought the code would give me 3-4 days of playtime then would have to enter the code that comes in the box to play past the 27th. But three codes?.. ~----~;

So then, if i'm suppose to get a 2nd code after putting in the preorder one, i'm suppose to get emailed a 20 digit one? Well, haven't gotten anything so then i assume my preorder code didn't go through even though it says i have a ffxiv:arr game registered in my account .-.

SoleReaver
21st Aug 2013, 16:38
I preordered my copy in a game store and had the code printed on a receipt. I figured this code was for early access and the bonuses, so i thought the code would give me 3-4 days of playtime then would have to enter the code that comes in the box to play past the 27th. But three codes?.. ~----~;

So then, if i'm suppose to get a 2nd code after putting in the preorder one, i'm suppose to get emailed a 20 digit one? Well, haven't gotten anything so then i assume my preorder code didn't go through even though it says i have a ffxiv:arr game registered in my account .-.

if it shows up in your registered games in my profile you should be good. everyone is attempting to apply there codes while SE is trying to fix some of the problems they are encountering but yes i agree that it shoulda been 2 codes max. I've also registered the game but have not yet received my early access code via email... but not panicking... yet XD

Kryadan
21st Aug 2013, 16:39
I tried all last night and could not get through the redemm 18 digit code. 15 minutes trying today and I got through. Go tmy 20 digit code and redeemed that as well so I should be all set to go. We'll see August 24th.

So just for anyone having troubles, it does work. Keep trying =(

imaginaerum1979
21st Aug 2013, 16:48
Just redeemd my pre-order code and got the ps3 code.

Kresteen
21st Aug 2013, 16:51
if it shows up in your registered games in my profile you should be good. everyone is attempting to apply there codes while SE is trying to fix some of the problems they are encountering but yes i agree that it shoulda been 2 codes max. I've also registered the game but have not yet received my early access code via email... but not panicking... yet XD

Ah. How do you know what region the registered game even is? Or does it not say?

o-o I'm already panicking. As the 24th inches closer, my panicking gets worse. Was about to go back to gamestop and tell them the code doesn't work if i could have another O.o; But anyways.. The bonuses is more important to me than the early access.. But would still really want to play this weekend. Only had 2 days to play and i want moar xO!

Thanks much!

Edit: those of you who are redeeming the codes with success and no errors, are you NA or EU?

SoleReaver
21st Aug 2013, 16:58
^ it probably will tell you in the Email what your region is... regardless if they get it wrong im sure itll be fixed as it was stated before region is mostly for customer service not actual gameplay or what server your in etc. i personally could careless about the region lol as long as i get my code im happy (:

imaginaerum1979
21st Aug 2013, 17:01
I am in EU. On my profile the game switched from pc to ps3:)

pdillard
21st Aug 2013, 17:03
I have Paid for the pre-order i have found the pre-order on the digital river site that i got to on SE's shop and yet to receive any email pertaining to the registration of my "keys" as all i can see on my order from digital river is my serial number. I would like to know why i have not yet received my email for registering anything; it's starting to make me lose faith in a game i've been wanting to play for so long. (I am also an NA resident and the post says NA codes have been emailed already including the registration emails)

Yes I did the same thing, I saw the XXXXXX-111-XXXXXX-111 and entered it. I first tried to enter it on my profile on the square enix site through my profile. It returned an "MGAMEREG_ERROR_REGISTER_GAME_INSERT_VALID_CODE". Then the Pre-order activation site goes active. I tried entering the code there and I get an "Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later." Been reading through here try'n to figure out what exactly and Error 3 is. I've heard the PS3 players talk about it. But I purchased a the PC version so don't know whats going on. I did send in a support ticket yesterday and receive an reply receipt saying that a associate would get back to me with in 48 hours. So obviously they are really busy.

DarkOverlordy
21st Aug 2013, 17:14
I setup my account and linked it to my Steam account. Can log in fine with that, but there's no email associated with it. You go to the preorder site, and it then asks for an email address. Can't log in via your steam account link. So you then have to enter another account with a valid email, you put in your Nickname that your steam account is linked to, and it says "Already Taken".... great. there's no way of linking your valid steam account to Square..... great. DUMBEST SYSTEM ever. You don't know what account points to what, and what email, points to what nickname and once you go through that abortion, you don't even know if you can redeem. And if you do redeem, you don't know if it's actually linking to your paid for valid account.

Classic stupid derp way of setting up. A lot of people, make a lot of money, to totally screw this up. I could screw it up easily like this for half the price.
Then I get to do it for my wife's account. I've been working on this for hours. ...... and Square says " oh well, we're upgrading something. try later."

Morons

Keriakus_uk
21st Aug 2013, 17:22
just entered my ce edition code and got the early access
Now i should wait until the game is released to get the game. I'll get a code since is a digital purchase,

Isnt exactly rocket science guys. yeah, it isnt perfect as pre order a game and get them in your place but then again, you were given beta access, early access andthe actual game.

Plus, you're playing an mmorpg, you probably can coordinate 3 codes.

enjidamit
21st Aug 2013, 17:37
ok for all those who still feel as if there will be no end to this I actually got my code to go through like 10 minutes ago and am now downloading the client with my 12 digit code for my PS3. So there is hope for you too ....lol..
Well I figured as I voiced my concerns earlier today I would give kudos to SE for resolving this problem as fast as they could. Moreover, even though it showed in my profile as registering for PC I went back and re entered the preorder code and it instantly provided me with congratulations you 12 digit PS3 code is….. I wish you all the best of luck see you in Eorzea….

MerytXV
21st Aug 2013, 17:39
../sigh mountains out of mole hills.../shakes head. this issue.....should be non existent lol. there is a tried and true method used throughout mankind's not so illustrious history, it's the KISS method, "Keep It Simple Stupid." this problem is a direct result of the failure to implement said method.

1. there should be one English speaking site.
2. a pre-order code to an English version of the game should be a pre-order code to an English version of the game.
3. inputting the code from anywhere in the world on step 1 should result in your copy of the game is registered.

the pre-order code should in no way determine what server you are on or can pick to play, so why does it even matter? we set up our SE account, they have our email addresses, they send emails/we input code on our account, said account is thus granted early access and a link to download the client appears/emailed/whatever. I cant even begin to imagine what they have tried to do...mountains out of molehills SE....lol

this was written with a light heart and many chuckles, as I really don't care if or when I get to play the game. its just...ive played mmos for as long as they have been making mmos, the f2ps, the p2ps, all genres, 100s upon 100s of games and never seen the simple putting in of a pre-order code go so awry lol, now ive seen them have issues with actually getting the codes to people but never a problem activating the game with em. craziness lol
Couldn't agree more. I do wonder if in part it's due to FFXIV being cross platform. registration and purchase is akin to a visit to some ministry in an Orwellian state. Perhaps they should make a flash minigame of it :nut:

ThaliusNoel
21st Aug 2013, 18:05
Same problem as a lot of people here. I typed in my 18digit code on the NA preorder site and it gave me a 20digit code for the EU region (which starts with RAAE). I live in NA, purchased my game in NA and registered my SE account on the NA site yet it still gave me the wrong code.

While I appreciate previous posts in this thread addressing the issue to an extent. I'm worried that if I go ahead and use the early access code on the EU site(which some have suggested as a workaround)that I would then not be able to register the actual game code provided to me when the game launches.

I would be nice if an actual Square Enix representative provided instructions as to how to properly resolve this issue. Hopefully everything gets sorted out before the 24th and we're able to play what seems to be a fantastic game despite these temporary issues.

SGT_Lightning
21st Aug 2013, 18:16
I kept trying even after the Error 3. Just keep clicking Redeem and Confirm. I only did it twice before I got my code.
Getting ready to download the client as I type. :D

Feenom
21st Aug 2013, 18:49
I have bought Final Fantasy XIV DIGITAL Collector's Edition from the EU Square Enix store , on august 10th , and i ONLY have the purchase confirmation which includes what i bought , and my billing info , i don't have a 18 digit code , i don't have a 20digit code , i have nothing at all other than a crappy purchase confirmation.

I checked spam/junk folders nothing , I contacted your customer support and they ignore me , atrociously slow no matter how many people use it.
You are lucky that you have such a great game , cause i would refund in an instant , i will wait until the last moment for it , if i don't get i will refund and i will never buy a square-enix game ever. Too bad that you have great game developers , but your system is below mediocre to say the least.

I paid 40 euros , and i can't get my codes or even start downloading the game to be ready for early access , or launch even. I am really dissapointed by Square Enix.

Darklordkjell
21st Aug 2013, 19:03
I have bought Final Fantasy XIV DIGITAL Collector's Edition from the EU Square Enix store , on august 10th , and i ONLY have the purchase confirmation which includes what i bought , and my billing info , i don't have a 18 digit code , i don't have a 20digit code , i have nothing at all other than a crappy purchase confirmation.

I checked spam/junk folders nothing , I contacted your customer support and they ignore me , atrociously slow no matter how many people use it.
You are lucky that you have such a great game , cause i would refund in an instant , i will wait until the last moment for it , if i don't get i will refund and i will never buy a square-enix game ever. Too bad that you have great game developers , but your system is below mediocre to say the least.

I paid 40 euros , and i can't get my codes or even start downloading the game to be ready for early access , or launch even. I am really dissapointed by Square Enix.

Don't worry, you'll get your code. Sooner or later anyway. :)

Fed_Dog
21st Aug 2013, 19:27
I'm not sure what my problem is. I went and linked my account to my ps3 account. Went into add game, typed in my 18 digit code i have on my pre-order receipt from Gamestop and it says it is invalid.

Anheas
21st Aug 2013, 19:38
Ok i am really confused about this i have been trying all day to enter my pre-order code i have from Amazon but all i keep getting is Error 3. Now when i check my profile it showing the game as registered.

So do i keep trying to enter my code at http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ or has it been registered and what should i do to download the client?

please someone answer this it is doing my head in :)

xzanidu
21st Aug 2013, 19:53
AT least some of you have your pre order codes >< all ive had was the order confimation email when i purchased the game from the SE store i ordered the digital download collectors edition. i have not had any follow on emails with any codes as of yet .

does anyone know how often the baches of codes are sent out . is it also true i need 2 codes ?? one for the early acces and one to enter on the 27th to redeem my collectors edition rewards ??

Valdora
21st Aug 2013, 20:11
I haven't received my code yet either. Keep checking all the boxes, such as spam. Guessing they're sending them out in waves maybe? I'll just have to keep checking. Hopefully I get it before the early release gets here. >.>;

Sedant
21st Aug 2013, 20:15
look for product code on the confirmation reciept, its in there somewhere. Like this;

Product SKU: PC Download
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $0.00
Serial Number/Product Code: ABCDEF-123-GHIJKL-456

Sedant
21st Aug 2013, 20:16
And as stated before you still get to choose your server so dont worry.

xzanidu
21st Aug 2013, 20:27
look for product code on the confirmation reciept, its in there somewhere. Like this;

Product SKU: PC Download
Product Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $0.00
Serial Number/Product Code: ABCDEF-123-GHIJKL-456

Did you pre order through the se store ? my email when i ordered is as follows nothing like yours . ive xxx out my personal info of course but there is no code as u can see there is an order number but this is only 13 digits and its SEE-STORE- XXXXX

Pre-order purchase confirmation

Dear customer,

Thank you for your purchase. Details of your order can be found below. Please keep this email for future reference.

YOUR FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN PRE-ORDER REWARDS
Thank you for pre-ordering FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. As a valued customer, you are now entitled to the following rewards:

Early Access
Allowing access to the game servers ahead of the official launch, get your head start and make your mark in the realm of Eorzea.

Mog Cap
Show your love of Final Fantasy and strut around the world of Eorzea in this Moogle themed hat. Kupo!

Cait Sith Doll Minion
On sabbatical from Shinra and looking for adventure, Cait Sith will join your party as a non-combat pet when you pre-order the game.

You don’t need to do anything now. We’ll email you again near the time that the Early Access starts with the next steps.

In the meantime, don’t forget you can still sign up to the Beta test and help us make the game you want to play: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu.

You can find out more about the game here: www.finalfantasyxiv.com.

Don’t forget to follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV
Twitter: @FF_XIV_EN
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV

Your order receipt
This order will appear on your bank billing statement as: "Square Enix Limited".

Order #: SEE-STORE-XXXXX
Purchase date: 13 August 2013
Purchased products: 1 x "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector´s Edition" (PC Download)

Items: 29.16 GBP
Postage & Packing: 0.00 GBP
VAT (20.00%): 5.83 GBP
Order Total: 34.99 GBP

Billing address: lee XXXXXX
10 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
lxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
United Kingdom
Payment method: Globalcollect - PayPal
Delivery address: lee XXXXXX
10 xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx xxxxxxx
United Kingdom
Delivery method: Download

Xzediul
21st Aug 2013, 20:31
Don't Panic.

I completely agree, WoWs launch was a nightmare. it is a fantastic game now but consider it has been out going on ten years.

Maxi1987
21st Aug 2013, 20:51
I have the exact same email as you xzanidu... This is really starting to pish me off

frankbuca
21st Aug 2013, 20:56
hi all i sent a email off when the last beta was on asking why i didnt have my serial code yet for the game and this is the response i got

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that your are encountering problems with your pre-order of the game. At present no early access keys have been sent from the European SE Store yet. You will be emailed instructions along with any codes which are required when the time comes to register for the early access.

If you wish to take part in the final stage of the beta for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, you can sign up at the following website:

http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu/

We hope that this has resolved your query. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Maxi1987
21st Aug 2013, 21:05
hi all i sent a email off when the last beta was on asking why i didnt have my serial code yet for the game and this is the response i got

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that your are encountering problems with your pre-order of the game. At present no early access keys have been sent from the European SE Store yet. You will be emailed instructions along with any codes which are required when the time comes to register for the early access.

If you wish to take part in the final stage of the beta for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, you can sign up at the following website:

http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu/

We hope that this has resolved your query. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

That was ages ago mate... They have sent out emails in the last day or so, but lots of people still havn't received them

dxhunter
21st Aug 2013, 21:05
I was not able to login to the square-enix site with my old account Id once this registration thing started. i was trying to go register my pre-order code like everyone else but it kept saying my user name was taken. after being denied my user name a dozen times i just put in a new one. Now my account is brand spanking new created 8/21/2013 does this mean i lost my old account and have to start over this will cause me to re-turn my pre-order if that is the case i do not wise to start over from scratch after countless hrs in beta 4 and not sleeping for a weekend that is not fair at all. How did someone steal my ID or does everyone have to create a completely new account that is still linked to there beta account.

mylifeasbrad
21st Aug 2013, 21:13
Don't Panic.

I agree with you Brigit! Everquest was also one that had issues too at the beginning of launch. I'm sure they weren't expecting this many people to be this supportive! The staff is not original to the project and besides having to learn the codes they didn't write, they have to analyze. They have to take time to examine the problems and implement solutions. There are only so many people to respond and if you are bombarding them with your issue multiple times, that's flooding their systems even more! that could be spent replying or figuring out the solution. Just take a deep breath and relax.

There is still plenty of time and I'm sure in a month when everything is smooth and everything levels out, we will be happy as can be. :D

belphrala
21st Aug 2013, 21:13
I have not received an early access key, and like so many before p4 launched I lost my registered PC game. I have the code and if I entered it basically tells me I have already used, anyone know if they are going to send out codes to fix the issue of the registered games and early access keys.

jamesgts
21st Aug 2013, 21:16
So I just pre ordered my game with Best Buy in the US and in the receipt I got in my email, no codes... What now?

navalmar99
21st Aug 2013, 21:40
Hi there,
I have a problem that I purchase Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition From Amazon and I activate it in my account. by the first code but,
on the second code it appears that I`m in a wrong region?? so I create a new account in na region and it activated the second code but the game registered on my first account.
any help here !

Brojam
21st Aug 2013, 21:53

Okay so what is happening on this? I got an EU code and have submitted email ticket and waited on chat for 3 hours today and never got through.
Please communicate what I should do!

eltekio
21st Aug 2013, 22:22
I haven't received any early code yet... Like other people here, I haven't received any code neither on purchase on June nor this days... I purchased the collector's on EU online shop...
This is really annoying... I can understand issues with server games with so many people trying to join, and all that stuffs, like happened on WoW, on GW2... But it is unforgivable that till today a bunch of people like us, didn't receive our code.... This code MUST be given on the purchase...

alexandrogomez
21st Aug 2013, 22:25
I entered my code again at http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ and it finally worked! it gave me the code instantly. i am downloading 6gb on ps3 right now. IT WORKS!!!

iAmEcchi
21st Aug 2013, 22:52
I just redeemed the code for my collectors edition and got my pre-order items. But how do I get my collectors edition items?

deadmanet
21st Aug 2013, 23:16
Usually just roll with the punches and relax, but even I am a little irritated now. After waiting to enter my preorder code due to all the issues, I seen that some guildies got theirs to work this afternoon. So, I go and try mine. Worked first try! And here's the bad news, the PSN code it gave me gives me the following error: "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid." Really? I just want what I paid for. Only preordered for early access as I have those days off, and will be working on launch day and the days following. If I had to wait until launch to play, I would have just waited and picked up the physical copy at work and used my discount. :rolleyes:

Lycergus
21st Aug 2013, 23:31
Right there with ya, deadmanet. I'm getting the same error, and worse, I've been told there's no fix for it at the moment.

captainchino
21st Aug 2013, 23:55
Look admin, i pre-ordered my game a few weeks ago, paid for it and everything but still have not received my key. After sending countless emails and launching tickets to your support center i have received no gains and everything is just tumbling down. The only response i've received from you guys was to call your head center in england which i cannot do due to living in Australia and with your web chat being unavailable you're starting to place to much strain on my willingness to jump through all your hoops.

PLEASE NOTE: YES I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR IT.

Now if there were a reason to why i have not received my key after such a extensive period of time i may be happy to drop these issues im having and begin giving you my money again otherwise i see no reason to continue being a willing able consumer.
BUMP - ok i know saying that is a total waste of time. This forum isn't really being monitored by any official Dev at the moment. Why? Because, just like most games, there are so many issues happening at one time they don't have the man power to be able to resolved every issue thrown at them. So does this make it right? No. Not at all. Especially for a company who's already been there and done that in the MMO scene, expectations should've been there to the level of capacity they have or at least closer. Anyway.. I'm on the same boat. i've not heard a single word about my key I HAVE PAID IN FULL and I've sent off numerous emails regarding where my key should've been. I'm a little annoyed as I'm pretty confident I won't be able to get a refund should I request one, though it's getting to a stage where I feel my early access time won't be available to me.

Those people saying things like "making mountains out of mole hills" and "take a deep breath" yeah, ok we can't do much back sit back and wait.. though some people's frustration is valid and warranted. When pre purchase comes with a promise of early access, then that early access is some how revoked, gamers will be raging. It has been said Sq Enix need to get this right or financially they'll be finished. Well let's just hope for their sake and for the sake of Final Fantasy fans everywhere that they get on top of all of this.

Vodmeister
22nd Aug 2013, 00:01
If you bought it through the SE store, it probably went through digital river, if you did not get an email, go to their website, they will ask for your email and the last 5 digits on the card used to purchase it. It should then bring up an invoice and has the product key listed. Then take that code to the registration page http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com and put the code in.

If it gives you error 3 (like it did for me) restart your pc, it may or may not fix it, but it fixed it for me, so might as well try it.

Lycergus
22nd Aug 2013, 00:01
So, in response to an earlier ticket about my PS3 code being moved to Resolved, instead of Escalated, I sent them another ticket:

I was told that my ticket #2539913 was going to be escalated, but it has instead been listed as "resolved". The ticket complaint read:

I was sent an e-mail last night with my code for my PS3 game client download. I attempt to enter it in either location (Account Management, and PS Store) and am told from both that it is either not correct or invalid. I re-enter it a few times, making sure that it's correct each time and I continue to get the error. Fast forward to today, and I finally managed to push through Error 3 on the pre-order site, and was given the same code. I attempted to enter it again, and am told the same.

That being said, this issue has not been resolved, the 12 digit PSN code continues to tell me that it is incorrect or invalid, and I'm getting incredibly frustrated about this entire experience. First, as a legacy player I never received information about beta testing, then I'm told today that I will not be able to actually use the CE I ordered, because I cannot apply it to my current account from 1.0. I've been told that I cannot cancel my pre-order, so I'm out 80 bucks for a product I can't actually use.

It should not be that difficult to issue a different PSN code for the same product. Hell, at this point I would take anything, so long as I can believe that SE actually cares about customers who have loyally purchased every game the company has released.

I would hate for this botched experience (Beta P4 unplayability and now continued errors and non-communication on the relevant concerns) to sour my future purchases from your company. It really sucks spending 80 bucks, being told I can't apply that purchase to my existing account, being unable to access the Early Access download, and being told that there is "no solution at this time" for my issue, being told my ticket is going to be escalated, and then seeing it "resolved" instead.

Zeik188
22nd Aug 2013, 00:04
If you don't have your code's yet, and you bought from the SE store like I did, go to "www.findmyorder.com"

Once you're there, use the E-mail you gave when you bought the game. Then, use the last 5 digits of the card you used to buy the game with. I got my serial number instantly like this.

I sat in Live chat for hours on the SE website just for them to tell me that they don't handle distribution of the codes. Digital rivers does. (strange I know)

Either way, they gave me a phone number to call. I waited on that line for a few minutes before an employee tried to send the e-mail again. Once that failed, she sent me to that website and I got the code instantly.

(That being said, now that I have my code, I'm being thwarted by Error code 3.)

Nikumi
22nd Aug 2013, 00:18
Even if I go to that site and enter the information after double-checking its correct, it claims that the order doesn't exist.

Zeik188
22nd Aug 2013, 00:20
Did you order from NA SE store? Cause if not, that website wont work.

zweenguyen
22nd Aug 2013, 00:37
Funny. Everything on mine end is near perfect. Im only waiting for early access :rasp:

captainchino
22nd Aug 2013, 00:42
If you bought it through the SE store, it probably went through digital river, if you did not get an email, go to their website, they will ask for your email and the last 5 digits on the card used to purchase it. It should then bring up an invoice and has the product key listed. Then take that code to the registration page http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com and put the code in.

If it gives you error 3 (like it did for me) restart your pc, it may or may not fix it, but it fixed it for me, so might as well try it.

Yeah i saw this posted earlier in this thread and my order # as per my original order receipt doesn't come up on Digital River. It's sad.

LostSeeker
22nd Aug 2013, 00:52
ive gotten the invalid code or in use error myself. Na ps3 user. My wife who got her code at about the same time I did got through just fine and has since downloaded the client for early access. Ive put in a ticket with support about 9 hours ago now with no response as of yet.... this is really stressful.

Vodmeister
22nd Aug 2013, 00:53
Yeah i saw this posted earlier in this thread and my order # as per my original order receipt doesn't come up on Digital River. It's sad.

So bring it up using your email and last 5 digits of your card.

Lycergus
22nd Aug 2013, 00:59
You won't. I just got off the phone with them again, and there's nothing they can do at this time. Their best advice was "check twitter".

ive gotten the invalid code or in use error myself. Na ps3 user. My wife who got her code at about the same time I did got through just fine and has since downloaded the client for early access. Ive put in a ticket with support about 9 hours ago now with no response as of yet.... this is really stressful.

CannibisSeizonsha
22nd Aug 2013, 01:01
Pre-ordered through GameStop last week, my receipt didn't have my early access code on it anywhere. Went in to the store and showed it to the store manager, he canceled my pre-order and then re-ordered it, and the code instantly printed. Sat in front of my PC for hours last night trying to enter the code but got Error 3 for about 6 hours straight. Woke up early this morning, entered the code, got through and code PS3 code, entered that code and just finished downloading 30 mins ago. The 24th will not get here soon enough. To those who haven't been able to get past the pre-order code entry, don't fret, it will work eventually.

IVFunkyVI
22nd Aug 2013, 01:16
Don't Panic.

QFT chill out people! Their site is a cluster!@#$, but this game is gonna be worth it I think.

Sydoniah
22nd Aug 2013, 01:22
Has anyone registered for the NA PC code and received a EU PS3 code instead? My friend has purchased the digital CE, registered his code as PC and it gave him the 12 digit EU PS3 code. He owns a NA PS3, so we didn't think it was a huge deal, but now it's saying that code is invalid. I have a few questions:

1. If you register the pre-order code to PS3 from a PC CE, will the items still be given to the correct PC account?
2. Has anyone else had this issue?
3. What happens if you have an "invalid" code?

Paying $50 (on top of purchasing the original) while having all these issues is getting very frustrating. I understand issues come up, but SE should have been prepared for the amount of players interested in their game. A rocky launch on a game that has already had a poor launch in 2010 makes it look very bad on them. This reeks of the Sim City launch all over again in terms of poor launch and poor PR.

Maeiourk
22nd Aug 2013, 01:27
Thought I should share my experience. Earlier today I went to Game Stop, planned to pre-order the game but I've been told by the lady at the shop that the codes for early access, doll and cap, for some weird reason, "ran out," so I went home depressed. I checked the SE Online Store and to my surprise, pre-ordering the game will still give you the early access code along with the doll and cap, so I did. As soon as I checked out, it redirected me to the page with the order number along with an 18-digit code. Redeemed the code in http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com, then it redirected me to the page with a 12-digit code saying that it is the code for the early access, and client for PS3. Redeemed it on my PSN account and as of right now I'm downloading it on my PS3 with no problem.

Selodaoc
22nd Aug 2013, 02:49
I ordered my game here and the game shows in "my games" do i have to do something else? I havent recieved any code or anything.
Only order confirmation email with no codes

AntiSync
22nd Aug 2013, 02:56
Alright so this is my story.
1.) Pre-ordered the game on the 19th. Digital download//PC//NA, from SE store.
2.) I took part in the beta over the weekend so I have the client already.
3.) Have only received one email, my order confirmation email. That contained my 18 digit code.
4.) Like everyone, I received countless Error 3's. Got it to work earlier today.
5.) Upon successfully entering the 18 digit code, I was given a 20 digit code, and successfully registered that one.
6.) I have not received any other email aside from my original order confirmation one.
7.) FFXIV A Realm Reborn is registered on my profile page.

Am I good to go for the early release on the 24th ?

P.S - I still haven't been charged for the game, however I assume it will likely show up either tomorrow or at least Friday.

Raistz
22nd Aug 2013, 03:36
Alright so this is my story.
1.) Pre-ordered the game on the 19th. Digital download//PC//NA, from SE store.
2.) I took part in the beta over the weekend so I have the client already.
3.) Have only received one email, my order confirmation email. That contained my 18 digit code.
4.) Like everyone, I received countless Error 3's. Got it to work earlier today.
5.) Upon successfully entering the 18 digit code, I was given a 20 digit code, and successfully registered that one.
6.) I have not received any other email aside from my original order confirmation one.
7.) FFXIV A Realm Reborn is registered on my profile page.

Am I good to go for the early release on the 24th ?

P.S - I still haven't been charged for the game, however I assume it will likely show up either tomorrow or at least Friday.

Done exactly the same and still confused with the multiple web sites / logins / account management. FFXIV showed as registered on my profile even before i redeem it from pre-order website. However when i login the secure site account management , it shows no trace of final fantasy xiv AAR, but i see my old service for FFXIV created in 2010.

sellako
22nd Aug 2013, 03:40
Done exactly the same and still confused with the multiple web sites / logins / account management. FFXIV showed as registered on my profile even before i redeem it from pre-order website. However when i login the secure site account management , it shows no trace of final fantasy xiv AAR, but i see my old service for FFXIV created in 2010.

Iam in the exactly same situation as you guys. The fact that nothing changed in the secure account management website kinda worries me, anyone got anything about that?

Malborocrisis
22nd Aug 2013, 03:45
Hey i preordered and bought the collector's edition about a month or so ago and you guys sent me a registration code. So i enter the code and registered it to my account. Today i logged on and now the game is not registered to my account and i have not had any recent emails about any other codes or anything i'd like to make sure i'm not getting screwed out of my purchase or pre launch play.

Revenant4
22nd Aug 2013, 04:09
When trying to enter my access code on my account profile, I get the following error:
MGAMEREG_ERROR_REGISTER_GAME_INSERT_VALID_CODE
North American player.

Update:
I found that I needed to enter the pre-registration code here (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com).

it then generated a new registration code which they wanted me to enter here (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlytop?rgn=na).

...after completing both steps, I then logged in to my FFXIV profile and found the game was registered to my account so all looks good to go. I will say the steps needed to be taken are a bit much. The only reason I knew what to do with the pre-registration code was thanks to the users in this thread explaining the steps they were given by Square Enix customer support.

Axolia
22nd Aug 2013, 04:37
I registered my game; however, when it asked me to confirm the bonuses I purchased, only the pre-order bonuses appeared and the CE ones were nowhere to be found. Is this intended or is this a bug? Thanks!

Lykeas
22nd Aug 2013, 04:48
I bought the game but havent recieved the codes yet... I cant even find how to download the client!

Revenant4
22nd Aug 2013, 04:54
Lykeas, you may want to check your SPAM filter to make sure it wasn't moved there. Also, it took about 24 hours after purchasing the digital version before they sent me my pre-registration code email.

Ominous_bat
22nd Aug 2013, 05:16
I got my code, but the past couple of days. It has said my code is invalid? It's the one from my email. I'm not sure what's going on.

offsafety
22nd Aug 2013, 05:36
I preordered two copies from the GameStop website about a week and a half ago (not a good idea, in hindsight) and never got my codes. My order status on the GS website is still "open", meaning it hasn't shipped, but that's no reason I should not have received the codes. I called corporate at 9am yesterday morning and the lady said she would have the codes emailed which would take 24-48 hours. Personally, I'm not too comforted by the time frame given. Someone in an earlier post said they cancelled their online preorder with the store manager and preordered personally and got the codes. Considering some people are saying that their local GameStops have run out of codes;

1. Do you think it would be wise to go to a Gamestop tomorrow and cancel my preorder and do it there?

2. Is being out of codes something they would know off the bat once I asked? Or would i have to attempt to preorder to find out if they don't have any?

3. Is it too late in the game to flip flop like this, all Microsoft style?

UPDATE: see my next post.

ChiiFace
22nd Aug 2013, 06:50
I brought the game yesterday and have not yet recieved an email containing a code.
I can fully understand the amount of conjestion SE must be getting right now, but seriously you'd think these online game companies would anticipate this seeing as it happens EVERY online game launch.
People have paid money for a service they are not getting, and so we are entitled to complain and moan and rage, myself included.
I only hope this is resolved before 24th or my standing with SE as a paying customer, would drop dramatically.

Domiel_Angelus
22nd Aug 2013, 07:06
For anyone having issues, attempt to use IE instead of Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox or Safari. It only took me one attempt

digitalprowler
22nd Aug 2013, 07:22
Thought I should share my experience. Earlier today I went to Game Stop, planned to pre-order the game but I've been told by the lady at the shop that the codes for early access, doll and cap, for some weird reason, "ran out," so I went home depressed. I checked the SE Online Store and to my surprise, pre-ordering the game will still give you the early access code along with the doll and cap, so I did. As soon as I checked out, it redirected me to the page with the order number along with an 18-digit code. Redeemed the code in http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com, then it redirected me to the page with a 12-digit code saying that it is the code for the early access, and client for PS3. Redeemed it on my PSN account and as of right now I'm downloading it on my PS3 with no problem.

thks for link, been trying to use this site to register pre-order for 2 days, had never been directed to this section of any website. if having problems registering your code and getting an invalid error people. use the link Maeiourk provided, log in, then just follow instructions. it updated my account and registered everything and its ready to go.

kckris
22nd Aug 2013, 07:28
Everything is good to go on my end now. Downloading the PS3 EA client now. And my profile has the correct version of the game.

Thanks Square

SigmundAlbion
22nd Aug 2013, 07:56
Because of the server error,my pre order code had been registered on a account which I cancelled in August 12th.what a joke ?After I log out ,I’m no longer able to login this account,and I can’t get the item code which I need.What should I do now ?

offsafety
22nd Aug 2013, 08:13
thks for link, been trying to use this site to register pre-order for 2 days, had never been directed to this section of any website. if having problems registering your code and getting an invalid error people. use the link Maeiourk provided, log in, then just follow instructions. it updated my account and registered everything and its ready to go.

after my last post, then reading this one, I decided to jump the gun and preorder my two copies using this method, and was directed to both 18 digit registration codes which i used on the link above. Was subsequently directed to the 12 digit redeem code which i will use on my psn acct as soon as i get home to download the client. I'll be cancelling my preorders with Gamestop tomorrow. Thanks everyone

Everyone use Maeiourk's method! And thanks digitalprowler for the confirmation I never would have tried this without your post.

xzanidu
22nd Aug 2013, 08:25
ENTERED my 18 didgit code succsefully but i was not given a 20 digit code at any point im EU preordered from SE store digital download collectors edition . am i sposed to get a 20 digit code aswell at some point ??

Myrtle
22nd Aug 2013, 09:25
ENTERED my 18 didgit code succsefully but i was not given a 20 digit code at any point im EU preordered from SE store digital download collectors edition . am i sposed to get a 20 digit code aswell at some point ??

Same as you ordered from SE site, collectors edition...got my 20 digit code via email this morning

JessygG
22nd Aug 2013, 09:35
So confused hope any of you guys can give me an answer , if you pre order which i did the collector's edition a few weeks ago does that not include early access?
The store Ive bought it from tells me only a few stores had been given the early access codes.So now I wont receive my game untill 27th and lose a head start while I did pay for a pre order.

Myrtle
22nd Aug 2013, 09:39
Yes it includes early access, I would have a word with Support about that, as the store should have enough early access codes for the number of Collectors editions they had.

JessygG
22nd Aug 2013, 10:10
So then is the early access within the game box ?Which support do I need to contact?Cuz I did send an email to the store , which I said above and they said they dont receive those codes...

offsafety
22nd Aug 2013, 10:17
So then is the early access within the game box ?Which support do I need to contact?Cuz I did send an email to the store , which I said above and they said they dont receive those codes...

the early access is to play the game before you get the game box...

JessygG
22nd Aug 2013, 10:41
So again Ive send an email to the store and they said they cant help me ... they say it isnt saying theres early access when I bought the game on their site .
Have I made a mistake I thought pre order was just including early access but they say it doesnt and only some stores offer it.

offsafety
22nd Aug 2013, 10:45
So again Ive send an email to the store and they said they cant help me ... they say it isnt saying theres early access when I bought the game on their site .
Have I made a mistake I thought pre order was just including early access but they say it doesnt and only some stores offer it.

what store was it

alexandrogomez
22nd Aug 2013, 10:45
this works! got my code at gamestop for ps3. entered it on site, got ps3 code. downloaded it on ps3 and installed. ready and waiting!!!

JessygG
22nd Aug 2013, 10:53
Nedgame is the name of the store.They told me I need to file a complaint at the distribution centre since its not anything they can do about it.
I doubt that will help me getting early access anyhow , I did send square enix a question maybe they can do something but Im afraid I just wont be able to play untill I get my game , and here I was counting off the days , even buying a new pc so I can play the game decent.-sniff-

madtrojan
22nd Aug 2013, 11:14
OK one thing that I'm concerned about is :- /eu player but codes was redeemed via an NA site as EU is not working, as most have found out.
Checked my account management and it shows my PC client version but not PS3 but on account page here, it shows no games.

Managed to update both clients to live version, as they have just recently updated themselves.

So both registered, both seem active and ready for head start but codes are EU but registered via NA site....this mean I'm NA restricted or able to cross platform with no region block....

crbngville2
22nd Aug 2013, 12:08
Thanks SE and a big thumbs up. It seems as if you guys have gotten everything sorted with the early access. Hopefully, when I enter my code on the PS3 there will be no more hitches.

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 12:09
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/678050-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/67044866

If you're having problems with receiving a EU code for NA, need links for client download, support email and phone and other FAQs for early access, like how to set it up or where to find the codes this post should clear a lot of doubts and some fixes that have worked for most people.

GaBacon
22nd Aug 2013, 12:27
Ugh. i Do not know if i am ready to go on Saturday or not. I finaly got past the error 3 thing and got my early access code registered. I went to the download page, it downloaded the launcher but that is all i have. I open the launcher and it tells me i am not registered. It gives me a registration link, i enter my code again and it tells me it is invalid. Seems like this is an pretty involved process for simply trying to register to play lol. I dunno.

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 12:31
Check my link above, you might find useful info, though it's strange you say the client is saying anything as it should show under maintenance till Friday and not do anything yet. You will also find on that link the download for the client and other info that might help, if not, let us know, maybe we can help.

Andross2020
22nd Aug 2013, 12:32
I would like to know why I preordered on august 1st and was charged but then I check my card my card 3 days ago and it was all refunded I have my order number and stuff , never did receive my early access info just the order confirmation e-mail and that jazz Customer support will take forever and a day getting to my issue that's why I came here maybe it's faster who know's , my girlfriend was also refunded to her credit card , we bought the digital collectors edition straight from the square enix online store , do we need to order the game again I would hate to miss out on our preorder bonuses

GaBacon
22nd Aug 2013, 12:33
Now it is telling me there are no valid service accounts... ill figure it out :P

Ok, tried entering the code it gave me and it says invalid code... BAH

JessygG
22nd Aug 2013, 13:08
So might there be anyone who got an extra early access code? , or isnt able to play and wants to give it away?Might aswell ask who knows.Since nobody seems to give me further advice on what I could do

Elessar1979
22nd Aug 2013, 13:33
I got my early access code yesterday, and this morning I noticed that the launcher has been updated. Where do I enter the early access code? I bought the game through Amazon.

TeLord
22nd Aug 2013, 14:06
Hey guys, to those who still get the "error 3" mistake when trying to redeem your early code acces, i found a way to fix it, at least, it worked for me. Basicaly, you need to edit your square enix profile and make sure your language and data fit with the language that you selected for the code. I think what happen is that if your profile language is set to english (UK), the site think that your in europe, and if you selected english(US), then your get tat error 3 problem. Sry if the issue was allready adressed, but i just foud out myself.

AntiSync
22nd Aug 2013, 15:02
Alright so I finally got the email containing the 20 digit code, but if you already entered your 18 digit code, received the 20 digit code, and redeemed it, you really don't need the email to begin with.

This was the email

Thanks for pre-ordering FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn!

Your pre-order code has been redeemed successfully.
Here is your early access code for the Windows PC version of the game:
MY CODE WAS HERE
Input this code, when prompted, after logging in to the game for the first time.

Alternatively, please go here
to redeem the code.

Please click the button below to download the PC game.

Download the Game

If you participated in the Final Beta test of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn you will not need to download the software again.

It appears if all else fails you can just enter the code when you attempt to log into the game on Saturday. You probably won't have to do that if you already redeemed it though.

Elessar1979
22nd Aug 2013, 15:14
Alright so I finally got the email containing the 20 digit code, but if you already entered your 18 digit code, received the 20 digit code, and redeemed it, you really don't need the email to begin with.

This was the email

It appears if all else fails you can just enter the code when you attempt to log into the game on Saturday. You probably won't have to do that if you already redeemed it though.

Oh, OK. I get it. I was hoping it was where you put the one-time only password, but they don't allow enough characters to be the access code,

bigtom440
22nd Aug 2013, 15:42
I forgot to write down my preorder code. ive got no email with it, so wth do i do?

SaiganUK
22nd Aug 2013, 15:49
I forgot to write down my preorder code. ive got no email with it, so wth do i do?

Wait it out, it took 2 days for my 20 digit code mail to come through after I input the original code on the site.

Selodaoc
22nd Aug 2013, 15:50
Got my code today, but the mail was in the junkbox, so be careful wit that.
The code was added on this site https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlytop?rgn=eu&lng=en

NellCrescent
22nd Aug 2013, 16:04
First I get Error 3. Code cannot be redeemed
Then I get Error 2. Code already used.
No games appear on my profile, no email was received
And SE makes their support links as hard to find as humanely possible in EVERY single clunky, hard to navigate site they've got.

Do they do this on purpose?

MooseQuest
22nd Aug 2013, 18:39
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=4924&p=55154#post55154

Hystry
22nd Aug 2013, 19:24
I would like to say ,yes I had problems getting into the pre-order redemtion site .However I was patient got into it today.Now all i need to know is what time does the early access kicks off in U.S central time zone.I know yall are working hard to get everything right, and want to say I think yall are doing a fine job. Yes everyone is excited and impatient to be in game but think about how many people there are trying to do the same thing at the same time .Slow ur roll's we all will get to play and cut the people some slack. Have a nice day :)

Igorragna5
22nd Aug 2013, 20:33
I lost the setupfile, but i already insert my code. I still have both codes, but not the file. Can some one help me please ?

xzanidu
22nd Aug 2013, 21:08
ok i jjust realised after checking and double checking . i thought i recived a 18 digit code earlier today but actualy after checking it was a 20 digit code . this means i have never had a 18 digit code to register anything . i simply got a 20 digit code entered it with no problems it now sais i can log in on the 24th for early access and i assume after that i can continue to play as normal on the 27th.

the only thing im worried about was there was no mention when i registered of my collectors edition mount ect . and yes i did buy the collectors edition as a digital download for the SE Store (EU)

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 22:31
I lost the setupfile, but i already insert my code. I still have both codes, but not the file. Can some one help me please ?

Client download: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

starchild84
22nd Aug 2013, 22:51
Hi got a question if i pre order it today will it count as a pre order even if the erlyacess start on sarardy about 1 day?
well anyway i have bought it sso will play even if not get acess but should be fun beacuse it should count as a pre order beacuse bought befor the game get out

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 22:52
CE stuff will be added to your moogle mail ingmae the first time you log in on the 27th. This is what SE has on their site.

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 22:54
Check and see if you got the code on your purchase email. You probably should have it, so just need to register it and you are in. To avoid the ongoing errors with pre-registration, follow this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/678050-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/67044866
It has all the links and instructions on it.

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 23:01
Hi got a question if i pre order it today will it count as a pre order even if the erlyacess start on sarardy about 1 day?
well anyway i have bought it sso will play even if not get acess but should be fun beacuse it should count as a pre order beacuse bought befor the game get out
Check and see if you got the code on your purchase email. You probably should have it, so just need to register it and you are in. To avoid the ongoing errors with pre-registration, follow this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/67805...eborn/67044866
It has all the links and instructions on it.

starchild84
22nd Aug 2013, 23:01
well there whas no code in the purchase mail it only says
You don’t need to do anything now. We’ll email you again near the time that the Early Access starts with the next steps.
so does that men i will get a code in the past hour

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 23:06
well there whas no code in the purchase mail it only says
so does that men i will get a code in the past hour

That is strange, but there have been so many errors since the 20th that they may have stopped giving them out. Check if anything else came from square, the code comes from webhelp.v4. I would contact support if by tomorrow you don't have it, but be aware that support has hours of delay with all that's going on related to the codes.

Turbotailz
22nd Aug 2013, 23:27
This is the message I've received when entering early access code
*The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account. *

Will this be fixed before early access starts?

Mythran1
22nd Aug 2013, 23:28
I've tried everything in my power to get a NA key from my early access code but I keep getting the same EU code over and over again, even though my account is in the Americas and my profile language is set to English US and my country to US. I have a beta character with time invested that I was planning on playing as soon as Early access started. Really frustrated at this moment.

I also submitted a ticket to support about 16 hours ago but I haven't received any response yet.

venkaramon
22nd Aug 2013, 23:36
Support tickets are answered slow Mythran, you could try calling them to make it faster. I thought the EU / NA thing was fixed. My friends got an EU code and when they re entered their Pre access code it spat out an NA one again. Sorry couldn't be of more help

@Starchild the key should be in the lower half of the email says product key: xxxx-111-xxxx-111. I believe its a generated mail so I dont think it would've changed

niftyifty
22nd Aug 2013, 23:39
I am unable to login to the preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv site. Every time I try to log in it says invalid name and password even though I am already logged in to the square-enix site with the same login information. Is this part of the same issue?

I already have my pre-order code, I just cant get anywhere that will let me enter it.

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 23:40
This is the message I've received when entering early access code
*The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account. *

Will this be fixed before early access starts?

You are getting an EU code. If you are NA, it gives the error as they do not match. Please check this link for steps on how to resolve this. Read all the posts that say UPDATE as well if still getting error after trying that.

Will answer below how to fix if error can't be corrected at all.

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 23:41
@Niftyifty: some people have solved this by resetting therpasswords. You may also wanna try on different browsers and on incognito mode.

Esutiben
22nd Aug 2013, 23:44
I've tried everything in my power to get a NA key from my early access code but I keep getting the same EU code over and over again, even though my account is in the Americas and my profile language is set to English US and my country to US. I have a beta character with time invested that I was planning on playing as soon as Early access started. Really frustrated at this moment.

I also submitted a ticket to support about 16 hours ago but I haven't received any response yet.

When people are getting stuck with the EU codes and you tried the fixing steps already, only one thing has worked so far. It's pretty last resort but got suggested to another user a few hours back by SE support and it worked. The idea is to cancel your pre-order and then pre-order again. Once done, it let's you go through if your profile, etc is now fine. Either that or wait for Se support to get back to you on email which so far hasn't been anywhere near fast.

Also, and this is important, if you got a EU code, that is the code for getting the bonus items: moogle cap and minion. Registering the 18 digit code is what gives early access. Email confirmations may delay up to a day, but you should have access already, just not the items.

niftyifty
22nd Aug 2013, 23:45
@Niftyifty: some people have solved this by resetting therpasswords. You may also wanna try on different browsers and on incognito mode.

Tried both of these options and still no luck. Still getting "invalid name or password" error. At least i'm not the only one... I don't understand how I can be logged in and still get this error message... ridiculous.

Turbotailz
22nd Aug 2013, 23:51
You are getting an EU code. If you are NA, it gives the error as they do not match. Please check this link for steps on how to resolve this. Read all the posts that say UPDATE as well if still getting error after trying that.

Will answer below how to fix if error can't be corrected at all.

I hope it works when maintenance is over :(.

Restlesstornado
23rd Aug 2013, 01:49
I just redeemed the code for my collectors edition and got my pre-order items. But how do I get my collectors edition items?

"This order will be shipped after the release date of 8/27/2013 for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Collector’s Edition Exclusive In-game Items."

manduclese
23rd Aug 2013, 02:01
Here is a video from Youtube I found useful as one who preordered through the PSN on my PS3. I've been worried about getting all these special codes in the email and it looks like all I have to do is start playing on the 24th.

http://youtu.be/pvmbvRAnj4Y

Hyourin
23rd Aug 2013, 02:07
Problem: I bought a digital download version of the collectors edition weeks ago. I got the email confirming my order, as well as the serial number/product-code. I used this code to register my game to my Square-Enix account. A week later this game disappeared from my registered list. The code was also "invalid" when I tried to register the game again.

Additionally, I noticed that the pre-order registering code is up. With crossed fingers I tried to punch in my serialnumber/product-code that I mentioned above, with code format of xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx. It does not fit the pre-order registering code slots, which only accept codes of the form xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

Does anyone have any information they can shoot my way? I saw in forums that a few people had the same issue, so I decided to wait. But I am still a bit anxious about it.

My credit card has not been charged with a DRI*Square Enix.com as according to the email confirmation detail so I am wondering how to check on the situation or "follow my order" so to speak.

Help and thanks!

AncientSummoner
23rd Aug 2013, 02:23
Hey guys, I'm sorry to add another voice to this mess but after almost a day and half of no answers and uncertainty, I need some help here. Back in june I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition for PS3. When it became available to enter the promotional code to receive the early access code I grabbed my code and went to enter it on the console, but I keep getting this same exact error (which I have noticed in this thread, several other people have, too);

"The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid."

I am at my wits' end here. With no response from the support team (I do realize that they are being bombarded by a whole bunch of people), I have no idea what to do else. Has anyone gotten any help with this error? Does this error mean my code is now unusable? Or that perhaps I got a EU based code instead? For something so simple, this is causing a lot of complications and mass confusion. I'd greatly appreciate any help whatsoever. Thank you everyone! Have a great night.

keiichi289
23rd Aug 2013, 02:25
Hi, I'm having two major problems. First, my screen size is not the recommended size an whenever I launch the client and it goes to the user agreement when you log in, I can't click 'next' like they tell me to. I don't know if the option is cut off or what, playing PS3 version btw. Also I got a code to use on the PSN but it says it is already used or not active. So what am I supposed to do? If SE doesn't rectify the problem I'm canceling my pre-order. That's it. I'm giving them tomorrow.

Suggestions for the screen size thing though would be recommended just in case they do pull through with the code...

starchild84
23rd Aug 2013, 04:44
forgot to mention that i bought it at squre enix store eu region

starchild84
23rd Aug 2013, 04:44
That is strange, but there have been so many errors since the 20th that they may have stopped giving them out. Check if anything else came from square, the code comes from webhelp.v4. I would contact support if by tomorrow you don't have it, but be aware that support has hours of delay with all that's going on related to the codes.

forgot to mention that i bought it at squre enix store eu region

TerakAlonia
23rd Aug 2013, 04:51
Maybe this will help:

When you enter the preorder key you will get the Early Access Key (code).
Also, the Early Access code, 20 digits, xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, is being distributed through email and is only good for opening the Early Access client.

You register Early Access registration codes here:

This gives you the Early Access client download.

Khristian
23rd Aug 2013, 07:01
You register Early Access registration codes here:

This gives you the Early Access client download.
Email for the Early Access Client? Can't we just use our same old Phase 4 client? Because (iirc) the email said, "If you participated in the Final Beta test of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn you will not need to download the software again."

Just curious.

Ealenthis
23rd Aug 2013, 11:17
i have i black launcher when i lauch ffxivboot.exe, so i can't download the game and i can't register my early access code :/

Anybody have the same trouble?

devo306
23rd Aug 2013, 16:41
Email for the Early Access Client? Can't we just use our same old Phase 4 client? Because (iirc) the email said, "If you participated in the Final Beta test of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn you will not need to download the software again."

Just curious.

That was indeed indicated, yes.
I would imagine, though I cant verify, that once you enter the 20 digit code on the early access page your account is updated to allow early access through the launcher you already have (with sizeable updates of course)

Hellishly
23rd Aug 2013, 16:43
To start....I'm in Australia, so the site it directs me to is EU. I pre-ordered my game, received the pre-order code and put it in on the EU redemption site several days ago. But I never received a second code!
Now when I go to my account page through the EU site it tells me I have no games associated with my account. It also shows me as having only registered yesterday.

Back during FFXI I had an account on the NA site. Now, if I go through "account.square-enix.com" I get to my older account which shows me as having FFXIV on my account.

If I try to login through the launcher I get the message that I have "No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn" rather than the message to wait for the servers to open.

So it looks like somehow it has created duplicate accounts, applied the game to my old one that is not linked to the account that the launcher accesses even though in both cases it is the exact same login/password used. And there is no early access code on the NA account :(

Anyone have any clue on how I can go about fixing this issue please?

Deathbarrage
23rd Aug 2013, 18:10
still havent got a preorder code or any emails since beta confirmation and pre order confirmations neither of which contained codes; when am i supposed to get the code its cutting it late now ( bought from the square enix website eu region 2 months ago)

Padilin
23rd Aug 2013, 18:37
I ordered a digital collector's editon from gamestop last week. this morning i noticed a download on my gamestop library for preorder. It opened up a webpage with a link to the NA preorder redeem site and my 18 digit preorder code. I entered in the code and Error 2, code used, poped up. Waiting on both gamestop and square enix to get back to me through email as I am at work and can't call :(

Did the error 2 happen to anyone else?

edited to remove most of the murdering of english

Hellishly
23rd Aug 2013, 19:08
So I opened up a Live Chat, sat and waited 2 hours to get to 1st in line.......and I get this "Status: Canceled There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later."
Very much looks like there will be no early access for me :(

Orphenus
23rd Aug 2013, 23:14
So I got my preorder code fine, I even got it registered fine then when I went to put in my early access code It said the code has already been redeemed. So that means I get my game but I don't get early access? I'm still on hold to get an answer...its been 3 hours.

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 23:20
Mashr has compiled a post that addresses some of the fixes that have been figured out. Check here.
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=5087

Nangasaur
23rd Aug 2013, 23:50

Just curious.
Yes. There's a notice I read somewhere today (forget exactly) that said the Beta 4 client is usable as the Early Access Client (you'll still have to patch, etc). You'll be fine.

Kastrune
24th Aug 2013, 01:26
Order Number: 17383280345
Order Date: August 17, 2013
North America (Canada)
I ordered Directly from your site, you used Digital River to send me my FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package (Key) but I have not got a Product Key for the game, I would like to play when the server goes live tomorrow? How do we get in contact with a real person to get this fixed???

Tantha
24th Aug 2013, 01:53
II am having a different issue. I tried to order a different game almost a month ago and it wouldn't accept my id etc... eventually I was just told I wasn't getting the game I asked if this was going to effect my preorder was told no... I entered my preorder code it took it and gave me a really long code.. the page crashed before I could register that one... it said to either use that link or to put it on when I log in... do I have to wait until tomorrow am to put it in the launcher... because I tried and I got an error message saying my service account wasn't registered that I would have to go to the account management system and register but it is. If this happens tomorrow how am I supposed to get this fixed??? When I go to the page it says it is registered in all the places except the front page.. when check status it says it is registered since 2010 is this an issue with the merging of my accounts?! If I cannot log in tomorrow I am NEVER buying a game with you again since this will be two in a row. I can also tell you your customer service sucks when I try to get a game and it took almost a month and it just ended up getting cancelled every response was we are working on it and it would be fixed in 48 hours... ( mind you that was told to me 4 different times on the phone not counting the e-mails.

Tantha
24th Aug 2013, 01:59
I am having a similar issue I have to use my old ID on some pages and my new one on some... mine says its not active and to go to management page and register.. but there is no option to do so on the page and everywhere but the very front page says its not registered.. when click on status it says my old one is registered for 3 years now... I can log into my account with my e-mail or old ID but not new one... but everytime it pulls up with this ID and says my game is registered found the fix posted it elsewhere will here too

I encountered the "You cannot login as your service account has not been activated.” What should I do?

This means that there is no permission to play the game on the Square Enix account you are currently logged in with.

If you have a pre-order code, please visit the link below and redeem the code as indicated in the FAQ article.
http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=67922
* Please note that you cannot change the service account you redeemed the code with, so please ensure you select the correct account at the time.

The exact dates when registration/promotion codes can be redeemed for the retail version are currently undetermined.
Please keep an eye out for a follow up announcement.
The code is used differently for the Windows and PlayStation®3 versions of the game.

Windows
Enter your pre-order code on the dedicated registration site:
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlypre?rgn=en

PlayStation®3
Enter the pre-order code on your PlayStation®3 console, using either of the following methods:

・PS3 system [XMB(X Media Bar)] → [Account Management] → [Redeem Codes]
・PS3 system [XMB(X Media Bar)] →[PlayStation®Store]→[Redeem Codes]

EvilFrog79
24th Aug 2013, 02:44
i'm getting Error 3.......

Vulpeo
24th Aug 2013, 03:04
Still getting Error 3, any update?

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 03:33
I was also receiving Error 3, but upon checking my profile, it says the game is registered to me. I have not, however, received an early access key yet. So hoping that comes sometime soon via email >.>

Ceejay89
24th Aug 2013, 03:39
Still receiving error 3 ... been trying for a little over an hour to register my early access code.

Leviathan1usa
24th Aug 2013, 03:47
Ok here we are 9 hours from the EA launch and I still cannot use my code and download the client and even bought the collectors edition. What the heck is going on here? I don't want to hear this crap about keep trying with the code 3. I won't even have the game at launch because you have yet to completely fix the issue and have known about it for several days. I only want to know one thing, WHEN will I be able to download and register this BEFORE the EA launch not after!

Dartack
24th Aug 2013, 04:11
Still getting Error 3, been a few hours did the whole fix thing that was posted but still no good.

aubriewyn
24th Aug 2013, 04:39
Still getting Error 3, been a few hours did the whole fix thing that was posted but still no good.
im getting error 3 as well

Pixcited
24th Aug 2013, 04:42
I think we should all get the beta test discount. After paying full price for a unprofessional experience I'm seriously disappointed. 5-10 years ago it was acceptable to call these issues "day-one / launch issues" and accept the pain. This industry is mature now and there needs to be more accountability.

Pixcited
24th Aug 2013, 04:45
I think we should all get the beta test discount. After paying full price for a unprofessional experience I'm seriously disappointed. 5-10 years ago it was acceptable to call these issues "day-one / launch issues" and accept the pain. This industry is mature now and there needs to be more accountability.

Wild success is handling service loads at peaks that rival a denial of service attack. Epic failure is a denial of service due to service demand.

karlhadland
24th Aug 2013, 04:46
Error 3 for me. 4 hours before launch. Kind of ridiculous.....

Godsgifts
24th Aug 2013, 04:52
I ordered a PC version of the game directly from the website..... it turns out i got a PS3 code instead of the PC windows version code. So now im stuck with a PS3 code which by the way i don't even have a PS3 to begin with.... ???? seriously....

m02a2009
24th Aug 2013, 05:00
I see ppl been talking about this for 3 days now. I just got notified about the pre-order site being up few hours before the early access!!! Like it's not bad enough that I'll waste much of that early access time downloading the game due to my slow internet connection, I also keep getting Error 3 when trying to redeem my pre-order code!!! What the heck is going on??!

cholosaurus
24th Aug 2013, 05:02
I've tried entering the code literally over 100 times now and ERROR Code 3 nonstop! Tried refreshing, updating my profile, deleting the cache...nothing works. Come on Square!

karlhadland
24th Aug 2013, 05:05
I've tried entering the code literally over 100 times now and ERROR Code 3 nonstop! Tried refreshing, updating my profile, deleting the cache...nothing works. Come on Square!

Same with me. Also, I am kind of upset because I purchased FFXIV originally and decided to bite the bullet and pay $30 to get early access because I am that excited and now that I can't get anything to work I am extremely upset. I don't know what the difference between PS3 or PC codes is but all I know is I am trying to get my early access ID and I keep getting the Error Code 3. Pissing me off.

Jonboy45
24th Aug 2013, 05:12
well atleast I am not alone in my error 3 pains

AgnysDei20132
24th Aug 2013, 05:22
I just registered a new SE account and got my (6-3-6-3) code, I'm also getting the error 3 message, but, when I wanted to start the client it says

http://www.anonmgur.com/up/22f9ab3e2fb497898dff720cebef5b45.jpg

So, can I get access on my new account or do I needed to participate in the beta?

Tisairi
24th Aug 2013, 05:30
You have 3 hours to get your crap together before I take my money elsewhere.

Tantha
24th Aug 2013, 05:48
I encountered the "You cannot login as your service account has not been activated.” What should I do?

This means that there is no permission to play the game on the Square Enix account you are currently logged in with.

If you have a pre-order code, please visit the link below and redeem the code as indicated in the FAQ article.
http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=67922
* Please note that you cannot change the service account you redeemed the code with, so please ensure you select the correct account at the time.

The exact dates when registration/promotion codes can be redeemed for the retail version are currently undetermined.
Please keep an eye out for a follow up announcement.
The code is used differently for the Windows and PlayStation®3 versions of the game.

Windows
Enter your pre-order code on the dedicated registration site:
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/ffxivearlypre?rgn=en

PlayStation®3
Enter the pre-order code on your PlayStation®3 console, using either of the following methods:

・PS3 system [XMB(X Media Bar)] → [Account Management] → [Redeem Codes]
・PS3 system [XMB(X Media Bar)] →[PlayStation®Store]→[Redeem Codes]

oOmegAa
24th Aug 2013, 05:52
how hard is it to process a product code... if their servers cant handle this how the hell can they handle these people playing the game....

Tisairi
24th Aug 2013, 06:05
how hard is it to process a product code... if their servers cant handle this how the hell can they handle these people playing the game....

Well at this rate, pretty well since only a handful of people will be left to play. I had such high hopes this time around but I will be cancelling my preorder if this isn't working soon.

Tvolosyn
24th Aug 2013, 06:22
I'm still getting error 3..... any updates ?? I just got back home and havent been able to be up on whats happening? have they said anything??

mrwartooth
24th Aug 2013, 06:23
so ne word when error 3 is gunna be fixed for na

AlistarMoon
24th Aug 2013, 06:31
Thank you for the update SE. I was starting to get pretty ticked off at the fact my code wouldn't work. I'm a little disappointed that I now have to wait two more hours when I've been at this for 2 almost 3 hours now.

Tvolosyn
24th Aug 2013, 06:39
Thank you for the update SE. I was starting to get pretty ticked off at the fact my code wouldn't work. I'm a little disappointed that I now have to wait two more hours when I've been at this for 2 almost 3 hours now.

what did you hear? I cant find anything... can you link it please.

csylos
24th Aug 2013, 06:43
Ok, so...I preordered mine off Amazon, input my 18 digit code, got an Error 3, but my account says the game is registered. Try to login and get the Mogstation BS. Buddy of mine said his was saying the same and he couldn't download the 1 gig of updates until he input his 20 digit code for the other crap. Any reason for this? Any ideas, anybody?

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 06:58
Error 2: The code entered has already been used. Early access is in 2 hours and I cannot redeem my code. Customer service is also only Mon-Fri.

Customer service with this company is pathetic. I called and stayed on hold for 2 and a half hours before I had to go to work. I submitted 2 tickets with no response (waited 2 days each). I entered the chat support and waited an hour an half to get to first in queue only to have the queue cancel me saying there is no agent available... twice.

Great game, horrible customer service.

Hemloc
24th Aug 2013, 07:12
what did you hear? I cant find anything... can you link it please.

Me either link????

Jesterious
24th Aug 2013, 07:15
What a joke this is.

Tisairi
24th Aug 2013, 07:20
Not as good as this joke... mine finally went through and gave me a Playstation code when I ordered a PC copy... and clicked PC on the redemption page. Now every time I put it in (still for PC) it gives me the same Playstation crap. This is ridiculous

tombuzz
24th Aug 2013, 07:28
ok, i read many reply from many thread and i don't understand why SQE deceided to launch their game on a day the service is off... i mean cmon, it is sure that they will have some calls and all...

Got some prob with my preorder and now all i get after many hours of struggleing is Error 3 : there was a problem. Please try again later.
you dont say... i mean it was sure, 100% sure that the server will overflow... why not having some better services or more bandwitch or anything?! i cant even instal the game because i lack my registration, wich will make my friends start off w/o me... that suck man!

mhb112
24th Aug 2013, 07:29
Not as good as this joke... mine finally went through and gave me a Playstation code when I ordered a PC copy... and clicked PC on the redemption page. Now every time I put it in (still for PC) it gives me the same Playstation crap. This is ridiculous

Same thing has happened to me. No idea what to do now.

Jesterious
24th Aug 2013, 07:33
Well they certainly aren't trying to bolster feelings of trust in the community they expect to pay their bills. Where is the communication?

Hembusan
24th Aug 2013, 07:47
Ok its the same thing as always with FF it happened with the expansions on 11 its just traffic!!
but as a version 1.0 holder i am told i dont have to buy another copy so how/where/what do i do download a copy for my pc surely there should be something set up for this.
can anyone direct me to info please as i cant seem to find anything black and white.
NICE ONE GEEZERERERS !!!!

Tisairi
24th Aug 2013, 07:50
Ok its the same thing as always with FF it happened with the expansions on 11 its just traffic!!
but as a version 1.0 holder i am told i dont have to buy another copy so how/where/what do i do download a copy for my pc surely there should be something set up for this.
can anyone direct me to info please as i cant seem to find anything black and white.
NICE ONE GEEZERERERS !!!!

Pretty sure people that ordered the game for PC being given PS3 access codes is not "just traffic"

ProfessorSiege
24th Aug 2013, 07:54
Ok I pre purchased FFXIV for PC and they sent me a product code is in the format of (xxxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxx) not sure if that is for the PS3, but when I go to register it for PC the format is (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) so who do I talk to in order to get the correct product key or are they sending me the correct one later?

DesiDoll
24th Aug 2013, 08:04
The second format is for the pre-release code. Are you going here http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ ?

Shamanbabe
24th Aug 2013, 08:10
Thanks for that Desi :) got my thingo sorted :D

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 08:11
Well they certainly aren't trying to bolster feelings of trust in the community they expect to pay their bills. Where is the communication?

Seriously. A "We are aware of the errors involving invalid codes and new ones will be given to players within a reasonable time to enjoy the majority of early access." would keep me aboard. Since their "customer service" (they should change the name of that department to "figure it out yourself") department is closed until Monday, I'm most likely not going to see much of, if any, of early access so I will be cancelling.

Kromozome
24th Aug 2013, 08:14
I'm assumeing the people that are stuck without there 2nd code since we can't get through the pre-order site with the constant error code 3 which amazes me their can't be that many people returning to this game to have it locked up for almost 6 hours.

Shamanbabe
24th Aug 2013, 08:14
click on desi's Link, Put in the early code they sent u.. Choose ps3 or PC, Look at code.. Confirm on either platform, Done

flatchulence
24th Aug 2013, 08:20
This is really beginning to irritate me. I got the code to enter in my PS3, and a error keeps popping up. I read on Square's twitter that they supposedly fixed the codes, but I keep getting the same error message. I also tried to re enter my early access code on the pre order site, but, once again, it gave me the same code. Now that their customer service isn't up until Monday, I'm really beginning to get pissed off.

Saotome7437
24th Aug 2013, 08:28
I'm getting Error 3

RamenNoodles
24th Aug 2013, 08:28
The second format is for the pre-release code. Are you going here http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ ?

heh funny story. I cannot login to that site because, I believe, my password is incorrect. I can login using facebook but there's no option to change my password. I made a second account and I can plainly see that "Change Password" is together with "My Profile" and "User Settings". So it seems to me that the only way to change my password is through customer service, and we all know how helpful customer service. I can't even call because its long distance. For some reason I have to call customer service in the UK? The collectors edition I got is more trouble than it's worth at this point, I can't even cancel it because I was already charged for it. ALSO I tried registering the game through my profile and it's telling me the key I got a month ago when I preordered the game is invalid...INVALID!!! ... gah I'm so angry I feel like I need to vent some more.

csylos
24th Aug 2013, 08:32
No dice, ladies and gents. Looks like no early access for us. For shame.

csylos
24th Aug 2013, 08:38
Sad part is...even going to your profile page in your account, clicking add game and going that route gives you an Invalid code as well.

mrwartooth
24th Aug 2013, 08:43
yup earlie access starts in 15 minutes and im still batteling the big 3

csylos
24th Aug 2013, 08:53
Goin' on 4 hours now. Whee!

kajar99
24th Aug 2013, 08:56
code 3 any help please

Gtaroo
24th Aug 2013, 09:14
I REALLY wish I wasn't out of town before the preorder website decided to crap itself.

IronMikus
24th Aug 2013, 09:19
Well, I hit to get the code for PC and they gave me a PS3 code...am I screwed? I sent in a ticket but it's been like five hours now and they have yet to reply.

Turbotailz
24th Aug 2013, 09:21
I really don't like the fact I have the early access code and it doesn't match the region. I thought they said they would of had this fix by now. They so lied.....

JadeJenna
24th Aug 2013, 09:44
I order the game yesterday and got my early access code that turns out to be for PS3 and my order says PC download collectors ED. Every time I try to register for PC it says thank you for registering for PS3, I hope I can get a refund since I can never play it. I don't own a PS3 this is switch bait selling. Tells you are buying PC but they give you the PS3 code instead.

Kornchanut
24th Aug 2013, 09:44
I bought the early access and have been at it for 7 hours, still no code sent to me. Showered with Error 3, I don't know jacks about. Getting in 24 hours later, and I would consider it a waste of money for buying early access at all... or may be 48 hours later? This sux pretty hard. I wonder if SE gonna give us compensation.

Kornchanut
24th Aug 2013, 09:54
what it said that there is a problem with my CODE, AFTER 7 HOURS HITTING THAT REDEEM BUTTON LOL WTF!!!!!!!!????????? :lmao: I'm done

24th Aug 2013, 10:05
Hey I just met you and this might seem crazy! But you jacked this up again, give me my money maybe!

24th Aug 2013, 10:07
what it said that there is a problem with my CODE, AFTER 7 HOURS HITTING THAT REDEEM BUTTON LOL WTF!!!!!!!!????????? :lmao: I'm done

i would have jumped for joy cause pressing this button is getting depressing... at least you can stop now... this is kind of like prison sex, the more i struggle the more painful it seems to be...

Kornchanut
24th Aug 2013, 10:07
If all else failed and we cant early access, can we get money back canceling the pre-order? anyone have info on that?

Frogfist
24th Aug 2013, 10:08
Error 3 for the past 4 hours or so...
Is it just high traffic or what?
Seems fairly common judging by this thread.
This is ridiculous.

24th Aug 2013, 10:11
Error 3 for the past 4 hours or so...
Is it just high traffic or what?
Seems fairly common judging by this thread.
This is ridiculous.

same