PDA

View Full Version : Funny Pictures From FMs/OMs

ziili
13th Mar 2004, 10:43
Well, I played an interesting FM today - 'A Fortress By The Sea'
And as I advanced in the mission, there were many occasions where I decided to take a picture, and now I am here posting them. The link is http://ziili.autonet.ee the loading times may be long, but be patient :) PS. The page is best viewable in a dark room [my rooms kind of sucks, because the light from the window reflects on the monitor], but if it isn't bright enough, try adjusting the brightness of your monitor for a while..
Tell me what you think of those pictures and also give some feedback - would be appreciated.
And now, if anyone has cool screenshots, upload them and post a link in this thread :)
Good luck and take the camera with you on your missions! :p

Peter_Smith
13th Mar 2004, 17:05
They would be a lot better if you used an image editor to adjust contrast, brightness, and gamma. This must be done to get a good screen shot. It's a bug in Thief, really. I use Microsoft Photo Editor, which comes free with Office 97.

ziili
13th Mar 2004, 20:15
Well, I actually did.. [how else would I make those lightsabers to the Mechanists or whoever they are]..
Are they too dark?:S
I use Photoshop 7, therefore I CAN light 'em up a bit, but then it will not look so real.. on the other hand, it's more understandable..
whatever, if you cannot see them, I'll edit them a little and upload again..
Thanks for the big "feedback"
:rolleyes:

Komag
15th Mar 2004, 01:10
Well, I guess those are somewhat funny :D

It seems that you haven't played many FMs yet though, and I almost envy that because there are some really great ones that you will discover!

Peter_Smith
15th Mar 2004, 01:24
Originally posted by ziili

Thanks for the big "feedback"
:rolleyes: Thanks for the gracious response.:rolleyes: Yes, they are too dark, at least with my monitor. They looked to me like "unretouched" screen shots. That is why I said what I did. I cannot see the subject matter easily, so I cannot give any more feedback.

Rommel_1891
15th Mar 2004, 04:09
Too dark for me to man.

ziili
15th Mar 2004, 19:19
I'm just kind of sad, that whenever I post something, it is ignored..well sort of [like the music thread] :rolleyes:
What should I do to gain the recognition of you all?
I want to be a normal member, so I thought I'd post something that would be interesting for me if any of you posted something like that.. guess my posts are somewhat boring, but hey.. that's not what I wanted to tell you all..
I'm gonna start updating the page now, hope you will think better of me someday.
Sorry for everything I've done, really. I apologise and hope that the relations between us get better.
*starting brightening the pictures*
EDIT: Uploaded and fixed now..

BrokenArts
15th Mar 2004, 19:53
ziili what are you talking about? Your music thread was not ignored. You had people reply to it? I don't know why you say that, unless the supposed low count wasn't good enough for you.

This is a slower forum, it may not get the automatic response you are looking for. But complaining about why you aren't excepted doesn't help either. Because you are, only you think you aren't.
You seem to be forcing that opinion down people's throat's. Please except me, pretty please, you don't have to do that. Just post like regular people, things will be fine.

Peter was trying to help, and I agree with him, the images were too dark, don't take it personally.

To be accepted in a forum takes time, it is not going to happen over night.

Rommel_1891
15th Mar 2004, 20:11
They look much better now... GJ

ziili
15th Mar 2004, 20:18
Originally posted by BrokenArts
This is a slower forum, it may not get the automatic response you are looking for. But complaining about why you aren't excepted doesn't help either. Because you are, only you think you aren't.
You seem to be forcing that opinion down people's throat's. Please except me, pretty please, you don't have to do that. Just post like regular people, things will be fine.

Well, I'll better not say anything, 'cause it's only gonna make things worse. Although I MAY HAVE some things to say, I will NOT say them. Because I REALLY don't want to get into an argument. I said sorry for everything bad I've done on these forums. No need to get angry.
And Rommel, thanks :)
PS. I would expect some pictures from any of you.

BrokenArts
15th Mar 2004, 20:26
No, no need to argue, I was only pointing things out. Whatever your issues are, I hope you sort them out.

No one said, you did anything bad either, you did. And yes they are better.

littlek
15th Mar 2004, 20:58
LOL Nice job and I like the light saber effect. I also noticed that you were low on health in a few of those shots....probably too busy taking pics and not slinking. Good job and keep 'em coming.

Rommel_1891
15th Mar 2004, 21:48
That would be cool to have an FM with light sabers... They could give off nice revealing light too!! :D

I dunno about the cut in half part though.... APACHE!!! We need your help!! :p ;)