PDA

View Full Version : TR1 Still no music

EnTech12
12th Mar 2004, 17:25
A lot of people know that there have been numorous problems in getting the TR1 music to play, Glidos is supposed restore the music. But it dosen't work for me, does anyone know why?

Dino
12th Mar 2004, 18:00
Check this link: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/windowsxp.html

Read the several paragraphs after "The Original Tomb Raider:"

EnTech12
12th Mar 2004, 18:41
Thanks for your help, but I think I know whats wrong, My version is the "Sold-Out" version and I beleave the audio on that cd is blank, If anyone could release the audio tracks to use in the game that would be great.

Dino
12th Mar 2004, 20:27
The audio tracks on a TR1 disk should play on a regular CD player. Have you tried that?

The audio tracks play on my CD player (not the computer) as tracks 2 thru 10.

Track 2 is the TR1 theme; track 6 is the Heartbeat from Atlantis.

EnTech12
12th Mar 2004, 20:56
Thanks for the advice, but when I attempted to play anything I recived an error message

L Croft
12th Mar 2004, 22:32
I also have the sold out version and when I played the tracks with windows media player they were all silent so I believe there is no solution to the problem.

EnTech12
13th Mar 2004, 11:16
Like I said before do you know anywhere I can download the tracks to use in the game, thanks

EnTech12
30th Mar 2004, 18:04
I was lucky enough to find my old sega saturn version of Tr1:D
and I can play and extract the audio tracks from the CD.
But can anyone suggest any way I can use these for the PC (Sold-out) version of the game. I'd play it on the old sega saturn but I don't no were it is

If anyone can suggest anything I'd be very grateful
thanks

RebeL_fARmeR
30th Mar 2004, 18:52
Go here. Install the VDM Sound program.

Here is a cut an paste job from my own personal TR1 patching instruction doo-daa:

When attempting to run Tomb Raider 1 with sound under Windows XP you need to use the VDM Sound programme, there's no need to use compatability settings. Setup Tomb Raider so that the sound configuration is as follows:

Sound Blaster
PORT: 220
DMA: 1
IRQ: 7

Install VDM and when running the Tomb Raider execute you need to right click it and select "Run with VDMS".

The game should then run with all sound enabled.

EnTech12
31st Mar 2004, 17:00
I tried that but it didn't work
thanks for the advice though.
What I really want to know is how can I use the working music tracks with the Sold-out version

Deckard
31st Mar 2004, 20:43
... since at least it won't do no harm.

I had a similiar problem on my old pc. After I installed a new HD, no music was to be heard in TR1's main menue. Before installing the new HD, everything worked fine. Since I didn't touch the old disk or anything else, and the pc still booted correctly, I was at a loss. Then I reopened the case and discovered that I had disconnected the audio cable between CD drive and soundcard and forgot to re-connect it. But this cable connection is needed for playback of cd audio. In game sound, e.g. voices, noises, etc. worked properly. Only music was missing.

But what I have is the regular "retail sale" version of the program, so probably my remark won't be useful :o .

Good luck in any case! I hope you find a solution ;)

The Master
8th Apr 2004, 23:01
Glidos doesn't restore music for TR1, just high quality graphics. The Sold Out software version doesn't have audio tracks or at least no music ones at any rate. I don't think that you can simply multiplex the sound tracks back onto a CD that doesn't have them, for one thing the number of tracks vary. The PlayStation version has 49 audio tracks but the PC version I have has only 9 though I believe later ones had more (but not the Sold Out one) but it's getting hold of a copy thats the problem.

The only way I can get the full range of music is to play my Playstation version on my PC using a Playstation emulator. I have no idea about Sega Saturn ones though.