PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Error 3

Budacool
20th Aug 2013, 22:15
Hi All,
I have an email from when I pre-order the game with a key, not sure that is the key I should use though. I was actually expecting a new email stating I could redeem my code from what I saw in the email.
That is what I got in the pre-order email:
Additional Product Information:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Bonus Package - Instructions to sign up for early access to the game: <br><br> Visit http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content. <br><br> You will need an active Square Enix account to complete this process so, if you want to set one up in advance, please go here: http://na.square-enix.com/members.

That key is in the expected format of this site, which is the one we should use to redeem our key in NA:
http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Always when I try I get the error:
Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later

Anyone has any updates from SE on that?
Thanks

Demeos
20th Aug 2013, 22:19
https://twitter.com/ff_xiv_en

They're working on it.

Anheas
21st Aug 2013, 15:01
What the hell is up with this every time i try to enter my code i get this.

Ziah05
21st Aug 2013, 15:03
look at the posts from yesterday its a bandwidth problem to many people are trying to redeem their codes i still cant get mine redeemed cause my interwebs is to slow to beat out other people

Roguekitty
21st Aug 2013, 16:15
They've shut it down right now, probably want to wait a while before trying again.

TreKlub1911
21st Aug 2013, 16:28
I was just able to redeem my Early Access code. I'm at work so I can't try to download the client from PSN now but I will try when i get back home. It took me like 2 attempts on the pre-order registration page. Try it and see what you get.

TreKlub1911
21st Aug 2013, 16:31
The game also show correctly registered under my profile and no longer show that I have the PC version registered but actually show the PS3 version.

orezdd
21st Aug 2013, 17:02
go redeem now it worked for me

Darklordkjell
21st Aug 2013, 17:06
I guess you're one of the few lucky ones. I can't get past that stage. Though the game has been registered to my account, but I've been getting the errror code 3 the entire day. More or less. Still haven't gotten past that stage so. :/

altony
21st Aug 2013, 17:06
just got it to work for me as well and just wondering when I can start to down load the other 13gigs of the game.

orezdd
21st Aug 2013, 17:10
yeah that's my only question
just got it to work for me as well and just wondering when I can start to down load the other 13gigs of the game.

Darklordkjell
21st Aug 2013, 17:12
Wait.. What did just happen!? YAAAAAAAAAAY! Code has been registered. :D

AngelPhoenix77
21st Aug 2013, 17:15
for me it was not fixed

Darklordkjell
21st Aug 2013, 17:19
for me it was not fixed

Try a different browser, or close the page and open the page again. That fixed it for me. :)

Leks_Light
21st Aug 2013, 17:23
guys please help ... If I randomly picked on the PS version, and it was registered ... but I need a PC version! What should I do? .. (((

Amcathra
21st Aug 2013, 17:42
guys please help ... If I randomly picked on the PS version, and it was registered ... but I need a PC version! What should I do? .. (((

Call support. If you bought the PS3 and have already registered the PS3 version. then you wont get a refund. They will ask you to buy a windows version. They will only refund if it isn't registered. But anyways the support is the right way to do it, not the forums.

FFXIV SUPPORT (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5383&la=2)

Leks_Light
21st Aug 2013, 17:50
I bought the PC version. At first, I give an error but the game registered in my profile as PC version. Now I have entered the key and but accidentally chose the PS3 version of the game and registered ...

Amcathra
21st Aug 2013, 18:00
I bought the PC version. At first, I give an error but the game registered in my profile as PC version. Now I have entered the key and but accidentally chose the PS3 version of the game and registered ...

FFXIV SUPPORT (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5383&la=2)

Moggingway
21st Aug 2013, 18:02

You can start downloading as soon as you are given the page to download it when you input your 20 digit code. If you were in beta phase 4, don't download the client. It's the same client.

You should be fine. The pre-order code just gives Early Access and 2 items. You choose the service account you wish to apply the code to. If you applied the code to your existing service account, you'll get the EA if you log into the game on your PC and you'll get the items via moogle. This is what they said a while ago. It's account based not system based. The Collectors Edition items/code however is tied directly to the system so don't mess that one up when you get it.

View_Ryuuzoku
21st Aug 2013, 18:02
Sweet, now all I have to do is buy a keyboard for the PS3 and I'm ready.

Avestar
21st Aug 2013, 18:08
Sweet I just got my code to work took me a night and most of this morning to get it done but it is now done got my early access code and I'm ready to get started after work on the 24th lol. So if you keep getting the error 3 just keep trying eventually it will work then for those concerned bout the 20 digit code that comes after when you redeem your product code you get from purchasing ( now i did get mine form the SE store so I got my code when I recieved my confirmation order number). Hope to see some of ya'll in the game

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 18:14
Not getting any errors anymore, I'm typing the code and it's putting ticks next to each section, I select the PS3 option but the 'redeem my code' button is greyed out and won't let me get any further.

There's still been no update on the official twitter page, last update was 10hrs ago. Oh well, I'll leave it till the morning and try again.
I did get the error 3 when I tried before and my account (here) is showing FFXIV as PC (even though I selected PS3) which is the same as many other people on here. I also tried the wifes code which she has only just received from Amazon and it's greyed out the redeem button

xzanidu
21st Aug 2013, 18:16
not even got my code yet >< are they sending them out again now beacuse i heared they stoped sending them at one poiint till they fixed this problem . And if so does anyone know how often they are sending a batch out

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 18:20
Not sure about other sources but I ordered from amazon (UK) on tueseday and got the code from them straight away. My wife ordered yesterday but due a mix up with email addresses she didn't get it but thankfully a helpful Scottish guy managed to retrieve the email and re-issued her the code. But alas still no joy with submitting the first code. Like I said, I'll try tomorrow with all the different timezones etc it might be lighter traffic in the morning (UK time)

Avestar
21st Aug 2013, 18:37
Did you buy it though the SE store? If so it is with your confirmation order.

xzanidu
21st Aug 2013, 18:48
Did you buy it though the SE store? If so it is with your confirmation order.

yes i did buy from se store on the 13th of aug and no i have not got any code in that email .

Falconreaver
21st Aug 2013, 19:11
Finally worked for me, entered both codes and was given a download link (got beta client so dont need to download). So hopeful more people can register now.

altony
21st Aug 2013, 19:15
Finally worked for me, entered both codes and was given a download link (got beta client so dont need to download). So hopeful more people can register now.

I also have the phase 4 beta client but its only 8 gigs and it says we need 20 gigs of free space for the game so when do we get to download the rest of it or what do I have to do to download the rest of the game. I my self Don't want to wait till the 24th to download another 12+ gigs of the game.

SGT_Lightning
21st Aug 2013, 19:18
It's currently downloading for me. 43% and counting on PS3. :)

Skwarski
21st Aug 2013, 19:24
got past the redemption at secound try thou atm cant even login... says that my id and/or password even my secret answer is wrong thou i was reseting it up just before beta at 17th and had not a single prob logging in during beta ... for not i just can log on site thanks to "remember me" checked :mad:

BlazingSerenity
21st Aug 2013, 19:25
I also have the phase 4 beta client but its only 8 gigs and it says we need 20 gigs of free space for the game so when do we get to download the rest of it or what do I have to do to download the rest of the game. I my self Don't want to wait till the 24th to download another 12+ gigs of the game.
If its anything like the previous beta phases' clients, they should make downloading available tomorrow or Friday, so you can have it ready to go when the game goes live at 2 am (PDT) on the 24th.

Falconreaver
21st Aug 2013, 19:26

don't think the game will be 20GB, all games usually say needs xx free space which will be for future updates. I could be wrong though.

SinisJecht
21st Aug 2013, 19:33
Woohooooo it's finally worked, took about 6 tries but YAY!!!

SinisJecht
21st Aug 2013, 19:46
Okay, so it "worked" however on the point where it said I should receive an email, I haven't. Then when returning back to the site, it had logged me out!?!? That's got me a little concerned.

Edit: also my SE account is still showing "not registered" I've gotta say, I am getting a little bit frustrated with all this. I'm usually a very laid back guy but this is pushing me a little.

Gares1981
21st Aug 2013, 20:08
I managed to get registered and everything and I don't even have my e-mail yet. This is how I did it.

1) Go here http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

If you got your 18!!! digit code when you pre-ordered you put it into this part

Once you do this it will take you to another page that will give you your early access code that is 20! digits.

After that it should show in your Square Enix Account that the game is there but you can't enter the code registration as of yet. Also here is should add FF ARR under your registered games list.

If people are logging into their Square Enix Account and it says its not registered it is, its the Token Usage Status which is not. You have to goto the submenu services to see that FF ARR is there

Jellyfishing
21st Aug 2013, 20:08
Someone mentioned earlier about closing the browser, that worked for me, as I haven't been able to redeem since yesterday afternoon.. Sigh of relief. I would suggest people to close their browsers and reopen and try again. If not, use a different browser.

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 20:12
If you got your 18!!! digit code when you pre-ordered you put it into this part

Once you do this it will take you to another page that will give you your early access code that is 20! digits.

The 2nd code will be 12 digits if you are needing the PS3 version though in a format of XXXX-XXXX-XXXX which is the standard PS3 code format

Gares1981
21st Aug 2013, 20:30
Yeah I don't know that part I guess I should have been more specific. The PC code format is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. As far as I know I'm suppose to get an email about it but it doesn't really matter to me anymore because I have the code needed.

Gorgeous_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 20:36
Well my wife is all sorted, her reg code worked and got PS3 code, entered fine on PS3 and under account>transactions>services it shows early access and on her SE account it shows she has FFXIV for PS3.

Me however is still stuck with no code and my SE account says I have it on PC :(
I might have to impersonate the wife come saturday at this rate lol

Elessar1979
21st Aug 2013, 20:46
I got the code and have the launcher from the Beta test but it's still saying that It's undergoing maintenance. When is this going to be fixed?

Darklordkjell
21st Aug 2013, 20:59
I got the code and have the launcher from the Beta test but it's still saying that It's undergoing maintenance. When is this going to be fixed?

The Early Access period have not started yet. Wait 'till Saturday, 24th. August, and then the launcher should work properly. :)

DarkChaos666
21st Aug 2013, 21:04
I got the error code 3, used the game stop code at bottom of reciept. On my profile however it shows as registered, but I have NOT received any email correspondence from SE to give me the code in order to get the client. I did paticipate in open Beta and have that client installed, but I want to know that I cant start EA on Saturday with ZERO issues. Anyone else pre order gamestop and gotten a second email? or know if there even is a second email. Thanks for the info.

Seb4sti4n
21st Aug 2013, 21:05
Just to attempt to be helpful I wanted to verify something that was mentioned in this thread a moment ago. I had been trying to register my code all night, FFXIV had finally shown up under my account profile but I continued to get "ERROR CODE 3" and no second early access code. I switched to my FireFox browser and, just as was mentioned, it worked like a charm. Of course I was so nervous that it would suddenly disappear that I actually used Windows snipping tool to grab a screen shot rofl :rolleyes:

DarkChaos666
21st Aug 2013, 21:09
Also have tried multiple browsers, restarted browsers, deleted cookies, and still get Error Code3 but NO email. Ye it shows in my profile as registered.

DeviantWolf
21st Aug 2013, 21:10
it is working for me as well, i had to refresh and re-enter the code and such, but it is working. i use Firefox

Trex341
21st Aug 2013, 21:15
Well Try deleting your cookies and your history it should work

Kiritos
21st Aug 2013, 22:02
The code we need to submit for our CE is the, Digital Rights Code, correct?
I attempted to enter mine at (http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/) but without any luck, instead I received:
Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later

Any idea ?

urplumcrazy
21st Aug 2013, 22:04
I posted a fix at this link

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=4798

Dartack
24th Aug 2013, 05:04
Been getting Error 3 for a few hours now. Tried the fix but every time I try to redeem my preorder there's mister 3 waiting for me. Is this being addressed or is there another fix out there I'm not seeing?

Mavsynchroid
24th Aug 2013, 05:28
Getting this as well and no one has helped me. This company is terrible.

Mavsynchroid
24th Aug 2013, 05:29
I'm still getting Error 3 when trying to input my Early Access code. They say they have fixed it on Twitter but they definitely haven't. Seems they've just moved on and pretended that they did. Can someone on here help me, seeing as how the company itself is useless?

ShadoFX
24th Aug 2013, 07:03
error 3 indicates server traffic overflow. apparently they will send everyone emails when things are back to normal.

Quinneth
24th Aug 2013, 07:09
Sooo.... After early access?
Heehee.
Hee.
And yet, Im not laughing.

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 07:10
Getting this as well and no one has helped me. This company is terrible.

The customer service is horrid, yes. I love the game so far though. It's sad how many players they're losing from this lack of communication with their customers. I was a dedicated ffxi player and was going to be for ffxiv too... Now i'm on the fence about paying money to a company that might not be able to take care of me if I have a problem.

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 07:16
Since I've been trying to get past this damn Error 3 Bull*****, I've managed to do 2 experts in Rift, make and eat a pizza (Not from scratch), and get to the weird side of youtube. Anyone else have a productive evening? I read someone watched 11 episodes of anime. Anyone else? lol

Whippyice
24th Aug 2013, 07:43
I slept my ass off literally i woke up and found my ass on the floor i was like "hummm what is that doing down there, huh" then i realised it dosnt matter as it launches sooo even though i have to spend the rest of my days without an ass........
wait....
OH GOD

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 07:46
At least we don't have to worry about you twerking around. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Whippyice
24th Aug 2013, 07:50
ah damn now i have to go and listen to that song on youtube THANKS!

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 07:52
Letmehelpyou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k

Whippyice
24th Aug 2013, 07:56
awsome i didnt even have to type......well........now i did lol
ah man only an hour to go until the servers wont let me log in for another 3 hours
god bless mmo's :D

Also i see your Aint nobody got time for that
and raise you
one dead give away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 08:00
I see your dead giveaway, and raise you a classic that you probably have never even heard of.
(click link to be enlightened)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0 <--- This link

^^ That link

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 08:00
Yahtzee!

Whippyice
24th Aug 2013, 08:05
ha no i havent seen that one before, ok well i raised you
one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeFxdkaFzRA&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLOHbM4GGWADc5bZgvbivvttAuWGow6h05
funny ****

Edeien
24th Aug 2013, 08:07
you are not missing anything, there is no early access so far we are all just waiting, even tho it was scheduled to start 1h ago

SinisJecht
24th Aug 2013, 08:08
you are not missing anything, there is no early access so far we are all just waiting, even tho it was scheduled to start 1h ago nope, it's scheduled to start in 50 minutes, 10 am UK time 2am PST I believe.

Teadax
24th Aug 2013, 08:09
I can't believe I have never seen that, CLASSIC

WZZZZT
24th Aug 2013, 08:10
I purchased another copy of the game just to get an early access code because my 1.0 account isn't legacy status. I've now spend four hours straight trying to redeem the code. Error code 3 every single time.

aray0002
24th Aug 2013, 08:10
most people got past error 3 by now.
Those that still are getting error 3 most likley have never rcvd an official 12 digit code from SE yet.

If you take the time to go into your TRASH you just might find that code your looking for.

Not sure why but most Windows Based Email Clients will determine that email as SPAM.
Including : GMAIL , YAHOO , HOTMAIL / Outlook

Please look into your trash / spam folders ... even if you been getting Square Enix emails...in the past.

For some reason... I found mine sitting in the SPAM folder.

Hope this helps those who are still getting Error 3

Whippyice
24th Aug 2013, 08:11
I can't believe I have never seen that, CLASSIC

ha its brilliant he does loads of vids on them

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 08:12
Poker.Face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nggAj0cxLro

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 08:15
I purchased another copy of the game just to get an early access code because my 1.0 account isn't legacy status. I've now spend four hours straight trying to redeem the code. Error code 3 every single time.

When did you order it and how quickly did you get your code? What site too?

Spanks :P

Whippyice
24th Aug 2013, 08:17
haha NOOOOOOOOO the hunny badger everyone runnn

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 08:17
most people got past error 3 by now.
Those that still are getting error 3 most likley have never rcvd an official 12 digit code from SE yet.

If you take the time to go into your TRASH you just might find that code your looking for.

Not sure why but most Windows Based Email Clients will determine that email as SPAM.
Including : GMAIL , YAHOO , HOTMAIL / Outlook

Please look into your trash / spam folders ... even if you been getting Square Enix emails...in the past.

For some reason... I found mine sitting in the SPAM folder.

Hope this helps those who are still getting Error 3

I must be doing something wrong then. I have literally been stuck on Error 3 for about 6 hours now.

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 08:18
haha NOOOOOOOOO the hunny badger everyone runnn

You made me do it.

Brigit
24th Aug 2013, 08:24
Try closing the window, opening a new one, re-logging in and trying again?
Sometimes, the site forgets you're logged in.

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 08:26
I've continually refreshed after every attempt, and it periodically logs me out, stating that the service is not responding or some such thing, but I will try to close the window and reopen it, see if that helps.

Thanks ^^

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 08:28
Hopefully you guys have seen this already, it was fairly popular a few months ago. If not, you're welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsvlsuLau5c

Raseru
24th Aug 2013, 11:21
Guys its a region issue here's a fix.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1ktumi/
(It keeps changing US players back to UK when they relogin)
Preorder input:
http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
^also make sure it has 'NA' in it.
If you still get error 3 like I did make sure you clear your cache/cookies/restart your browser/or computer. (Some people say they had to go that far)
And THEN relog. It'll ask you to select your region again and it wont remember the first two parts of your code - if it does your old settings are still in place and it will still recognize you as UK instead of US.