PDA

View Full Version : New Thief: Deadly Shadows Q&A

tealsmith
10th Mar 2004, 01:13
The Circle has put together a huge 80 question Q&A that highlights all known changes and additions to Thief 3:
Q&A (http://www.thief-thecircle.com/thief3/forumqa.asp)

Lake
10th Mar 2004, 15:20
We know. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34749) :D

imported_deadly_thief
15th Mar 2004, 21:33
what a good way of wasting space

Scorpion12
24th Mar 2004, 06:20
Okay, here's something that's been on my mind since the first general description of DS on the EIDOS site: What's happened to the Mechanists? I was under the impression from T2:TMA that they had basically taken over the religous domination from their "root" group, the Hammers, and the Hammers themselves were now few and very far between in the City. Can anyone tell me whether or not the Hammerite offshoot(or evolution, however you want to look at it) will still be around in T3: DS? :confused:

Thank you.

van_HellSing PL
24th Mar 2004, 07:38
There will be no mechanists in T3. I guess there will be some mention of their downfall in scrolls or conversations.

Macsen
24th Mar 2004, 12:29
When the mechanists found out that Karras was planning to kill them all to make way for the builder, they probably lost a bit of faith in his New Scripture of the Master Builder. They all went back to being Hammerites. :)

thiefthedark
24th Mar 2004, 13:55
Karrass is dead. Mechansits are fallen. But the brotherhood of hammerites still exists. I love those man, they are a perfect thug for me to fight in thief and "rarely found" in thief2 when playin the Rambo, in the game :) .

Scorpion12
25th Mar 2004, 06:49
I'm not saying there wouldn't be some heavy duty fallout for them after Karras's "unfotunate" demise(Am I the only who loved killling that SOB?), but surely there'd still be at least some diehards who'd still be around, and given how much "mechanization" occurred throughout the city by the time of and during T2:TMA, it's not like everyone would just revert back to the old ways overnight! Let's try and use some sen...oh, wait, loonies, right, got it...:D

van_HellSing PL
25th Mar 2004, 08:34
The Hammers probably banned Karras' inventions as heresy.

Scorpion12
25th Mar 2004, 20:56
Hmm, possible, possible... But the impression early on in Thief II is that most of the commonfolk, as well as the City Guard, were highly appreciative and supportive of the Mechanists' innovations, and would not just drop them lightly. Not like it would be the first time Church and State had an irreconcilable difference in opion that typically ended with the Church being "overruled" on the matter. But I'm sure we'll know for sure what happened to them in May...;)

Zaccheus
25th Mar 2004, 21:35
Originally posted by Lake
We know. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34749) :D
I didn't !
:D

Thanks tealsmith !
:)

Mr. Perfect
25th Mar 2004, 21:37
Sure they liked the technology, but that was before they found out it was ment to replace them completly. ;)

Scorpion12
28th Mar 2004, 07:25
That wouldn't stop some people, trust me! But as stated, only a month and a half til we can find out for sure! (48 days, 22 hours, thirty minutes, and counting....):cool:

van_HellSing PL
28th Mar 2004, 07:41
The Circle's Q&A is a bit outdated now. Little Raven Girl has made her own list of the answered questions in a thread at ISA: http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=209221

Psi Yamaneko
30th Mar 2004, 07:48
The Circle updated actually. . .But they left out my question about the FLASHBOMBS XD. Curse me and my silly ways. It was a coherent question though and it was answered: They don't blind Garrett anymore.

Either they skipped it because my turn of phrase is goofy or they just don't like me :p

Lake
30th Mar 2004, 20:32
Originally posted by Zaccheus
I didn't !
:D

Thanks tealsmith !
:)

I linked to an earlier post, that is why I said it. Hover of my words. :D

tealsmith
30th Mar 2004, 23:46
The Thief Q&A has been updated with some new juicy info:

Thief 3 Q&A (http://www.thief-thecircle.com/thief3/forumqa.asp)

I'm just happy to see they finally got rid of the spiders. Give me zombies, haunts, apperations, whatever. I aboslutly LOATHED those giant, jumping spiders.

Scorpion12
31st Mar 2004, 06:39
I must agree! Those spiders tended to be unnerving most of the time they showed up. The only advantage the big ones had was that they were a fairly easy target to hit! The little ones, on the contrary, were hard as hell to kill because Garrett could miss them so easily! And I didn't miss the red ones from Thief I a bit!(Friggin' web spitters! Death to all of'em! Death, I say! Okay, I'm good now, I'm better, you can put away that pretty jacket that makes me hug myself, really....)

Elenkis
31st Mar 2004, 11:30
Originally posted by Psi Yamaneko
The Circle updated actually. . .But they left out my question about the FLASHBOMBS XD. Curse me and my silly ways. It was a coherent question though and it was answered: They don't blind Garrett anymore.

Either they skipped it because my turn of phrase is goofy or they just don't like me :p

It's in there... Check #95

Scorpion12
19th May 2004, 06:56
Nobody posting here anymore, huh? Oh, well... Ce' la Vie'.