PDA

View Full Version : Another Change in T3

ChowYunFat
9th Mar 2004, 23:12
I was reading the page chimpwithalimp linked to at Thief:the Circle & found this quote:

Haunts and Zombies made it. Burricks, sadly, are no longer present.
No burricks?!?!?! Nooooooooooo!!!!!

I loved the slobbery noise they made! I loved their slimy burrick-tunnels! I loved it when they came panting after me when I was spotted! And I even loved the smell of burrick-gas! Sweet, cuddly, loveable burricks!

Although, to be honest, if it means that haunts & zombies are in, I'd be delighted to dump the burricks. But they were a distinctive Thief presence.

HOC
9th Mar 2004, 23:23
yeah, i found that part a bit depressing myself. i was kinda hoping (in a demented self-humoring way) that they'd be like...guard dogs or just plain ol' pets on some level.
but the entire removal of them...:(

another thing that makes me sad is the automatic use of keys (question/answer 55 if i remember correctly) from the same article. sure, some of you will think it's a "minor issue"...and to that i say shush! i loved the frustration of trial and error with the keys on doors. and i will miss it.

theBlackman
9th Mar 2004, 23:30
My resolve to "wait and see" is fading. I'm getting more and more depressed about this whole scenario (T3).

Old Man
10th Mar 2004, 02:31
My first thought upon reading the automatic key thing was how will I maximize the locks picked statistic? I always try the lockpicks before the keys.

C'mon tBm! That whole interview was very upbeat, IMHO. I finished reading it feeling better than I have before about TDS.

BrokenArts
10th Mar 2004, 02:52
Automatic keys are in Thievery, so many things are similiar, hhhmmm. I am playing, don't care, I want the game.

No Burricks though, that makes me a bit sad, I like them. :-\

Mr. Perfect
10th Mar 2004, 05:26
We haven't had burricks since Thief TDP, so I was hoping they'd be back. But no... Poor little guys.:(

chimpwithalimp
10th Mar 2004, 16:26
Maybe there'll be a reference to em like the trophy head on the wall of one of the mansions. I'm gonna miss their pining moans when they're dying - I actually used to feel a twinge of guilt when I took one down and the whined

BrokenArts
10th Mar 2004, 16:36
I felt the samething when I would take one of them down, a bit of guilt. God I am such a sap.

:( :rolleyes:

Optik45
10th Mar 2004, 20:31
Dammit, There goes my career as a professional Burrick Hunter. Oh well. Has anyone heard anything on Apparitions and Ghosts? I thought they added a very spooky feel to Thief, Especially in the Library.

Mr. Perfect
10th Mar 2004, 20:32
The haunts and zombies are in Thief 3.

Whatz His Name
10th Mar 2004, 20:56
Getting rid of the burricks are fine by me. They just better not get rid of the craymen. :mad: :D

SNAKE-LORD
10th Mar 2004, 22:46
Originally posted by Whatz His Name
Getting rid of the burricks are fine by me. They just better not get rid of the craymen. :mad: :D

wtf is a craymen?

HOC
10th Mar 2004, 23:10
a crayman is one of those mantis like creatures from the original thief. they always came out looking like they were about to bust out some kung-fu on garret.

Old Man
11th Mar 2004, 00:10
There are the bugbeasts that I would characterise as mantis-like that spit swarms of man eating bugs and the craymen which were more edward scissorhands-like.

PJ Maybe
11th Mar 2004, 17:32
At least this follows on well from T1 and T2. I seem to remember in T2 there was reference to Burricks being 'exterminated'. I think it was the mission where the mechanists had taken over the lost city and you had to kidnap the one who wore the mask (to protect him from Burrick gas) but in a conversation you can listen to a mechanist states that all the Burricks have been killed.

ChowYunFat
11th Mar 2004, 21:39
Hi PJ--I haven't played that mission in a while but I think the reference to exterminating all the burricks referred to the area in the Lost City & not to burricks in general.

Kerghan
19th Mar 2004, 12:31
This site has pics of the creatures that are being mentioned, as well as some others.

http://www.soulofgothic.4players.de:1065/thiefgai.htm

This site has some pretty good Thief related art (but not all of it looks Thief related), good pic of a Burrick here.

http://www.masterthief.4players.de:1052/skizzen.html

http://www.masterthief.4players.de:1052/skizzen/burrick2.jpg

van_HellSing PL
19th Mar 2004, 18:52
This site has some pretty good Thief related art (but not all of it looks Thief related), good pic of a Burrick here.

http://www.masterthief.4players.de:1052/skizzen.html
All of that art IS Thief related, some concepts were just dropped from the game. I've seen the two headed ogre in some FM though.

Guineapiggy
19th Mar 2004, 19:04
Oh thank god! I *hated* Burricks. For me they were the worst part. Almost impossible to sneak by in certain places... really put me off Thief1.