PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] A farewell message from Amy

blincoln
6th Mar 2004, 23:25
Amy requested that I post this for her:

To the Legacy of Kain fan community --

I want to thank all the dedicated LoK fans for their support, enthusiasm and indulgence over the last eight years. This last summer, I was offered the opportunity to take on a new challenge with old friends, and -- despite some regrets -- it was an offer I just couldn't pass up. And so I've moved on to new pastures -- not greener, just different.

I did my best to carry the torch lit by Silicon Knights and Crystal Dynamics back in 1993, and have faith now that the torch has passed into the capable hands of a team determined to keep the spirit of the franchise alive.

As always, I am overwhelmed by your passion for the series, and I'm sincerely touched by all your good wishes as I transition into this next chapter in my career.

So long,

--Amy

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

--T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets

Reaper007
6th Mar 2004, 23:48
Thank you Amy. The LoK games would have been lost without you. Just a few notes:

1) You are a genius!
2) You will be missed.
3) I can't wait to see (and play) your next creation.
4) Your work on the games has taught me so much more then I thought I could learn from a video game.

And #5)

THANK YOU!!!

Reaper007

LOK kain is the greatest
6th Mar 2004, 23:56
Yeah thanks Amy. have a great time. (i know you will). will miss you. but as always trust your judgement. Good luck and i look forward to playing yor next Adventure:D

your with love

KITG:D

Omega
7th Mar 2004, 00:11
Thanks for taking the time to write that Amy, it's always cool and heartening(sp?) when a Game Director takes time to write to the fans :)

Thanks also go to Ben for posting :)

Amy - You will be missed, but the grass is always greener on the other side. I just hope you enjoy whatever life has to offer :)

In that book, which is my memory,
on the first page of the chapter that is the day,
When I first met you, appear the words,
"Here begins a new life"

~ Dante: Incipit Vita Nova (A New Life)

AndaPanda
7th Mar 2004, 04:39
Thank you for your farewell message, Amy. So nice of you. I wish you all the best, and best of luck with all your future projects! I promise I'll buy everything that has your name on it for the rest of my life :D You truly are a genius and we, your fans, are forever grateful for the amazing story that is LoK.

A-Bomber
7th Mar 2004, 04:48
truly remarkable amy, how u touched so many people, heh, i as well. thanks for everything and i look forward to your future creations. i know they will be quite superb and distinguishable from all others, seeing as how you will be related to them...

GawdDawgs
7th Mar 2004, 07:09
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you Amy (and you too blincoln). You have no idea how much this means to us fans. Although it's sad to see you go, I do wish you the best of luck, and I thank you sincerely for everything you've done with LoK. Goodluck, farewell, and once again I thank you.

:)

Bobman32x
7th Mar 2004, 13:12
hmm.:D Thanks Amy. Good luck at Naughty Dog. Hope it works out. We'll all miss you very much. Thats a fact that no one can deny.

I thought I was looking forward to Jak 3 before, but now its on my top 5 lists.

Once again, good luck and we'll all miss you.

kain-the-great
7th Mar 2004, 18:38
i will miss ya amy . i hope you do good in your new job.

moose562
7th Mar 2004, 19:00
great to see a message from amy - i know everyone appreciates it

Kain's Ancient Blade
7th Mar 2004, 20:07
I hope everything works out for you Amy. Even though it is sad to see you go, I am confident that the LOK series is still in good hands and am excited to see how the story unfolds.

Thank you for everything. And on a personal note. Becuase of you I have been enspired to write. I have completed one book and am almost done with the second. When and if I get it published I would glady send you a copy of it, for a small fee of course(j/k). Thank you.

"Legacy of Kain Series. My anti-drug."

It's an obssession
7th Mar 2004, 20:43
Go for it, Amy! We're behind you all the way! Uh-oh, I'm breaking down now....(just kidding)......>sniff<

NoobSaibot
7th Mar 2004, 22:15
I am sorry to see you go, I just hope the next person to fill your job is just as good as you were

unimatrix2612
8th Mar 2004, 10:55
Bye bye Amy, and good luck. My two bros and I will miss you, but we're confident that the LoK series will be in good hands.

\\// live long and prosper :)

hippiechk
8th Mar 2004, 16:28
That was a very nice message.
Thank you, Amy.
And thank you too, Blinc.

Oh, and if and when I ever get my book published, I'll send you a copy for free. ;)

WraithStar
8th Mar 2004, 18:24
Thank you for your very nice farewell message. I appreciate the thought and I'm glad that we (the fans) have positively influenced you as you have inspired us. Good luck with your new project and I'm sure that you have left Legacy of Kain in capable hands. Feel free to keep us informed of your new project:)

Janos of Uschtenheim
8th Mar 2004, 20:21
::waves:: *sniffle* See ya Later Amy! Can't thank you enough for the inspiration and all!

Come, let's have one other gaudy night. Call to me. All my sad captains. Fill our bowls once more. Let's mock the midnight bell.

~*^*William Shakespeare ~*^*

card
9th Mar 2004, 08:14
well...there she goes, off to a new beginning of success. i am sad, will be sad, but what can i do? our futures are predestined. Amy, i thank you for bringing us such a great game serie. i wish you best of luck in the future. i will always live with the bitter taste of that terrible illusion, that you will come back and with you,

raziel will also come back in the story

"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." - Langston Hughes.
don't lose those dreams, Amy!

Omni_Sephiroth
9th Mar 2004, 11:35
Thanx for the years of Lok Amy hope you do well on your next project!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris@Crystal
9th Mar 2004, 20:33
I too miss seeing Amy in the halls of Crystal Dynamics. So few people from the old days around here anymore, but now we have amazing new faces. Good-luck with your future endevors Amy and I'm sure our paths will cross again.

Thanks to all for keeping this thread positive. :)
~Chris

warpsavant
10th Mar 2004, 01:45
Unearth your destiny, Amy. ;)

card
10th Mar 2004, 10:55
does this mean Amy can give us inside-info, never seen before material about LoK?

Vampmaster
10th Mar 2004, 13:09
Did she write any of the story for the next Legacy of Kain game before she left? Or at least leave plenty of notes? I mean with the stuff that "is currently unrevealed", if she had an idea what it was going to be then I hope she told someone, because whoever is in charge now may not know what was going on with the story or know what questions we've been asking to be resolved in the next game.

bish
10th Mar 2004, 18:34
Very Best Wishes goes to Amy and her new career.

I hope to see your name credited again soon.

bish

blincoln
10th Mar 2004, 20:46
Yes, she passed on information to Jen, Richard, and Kyle.

Trelela
10th Mar 2004, 20:58
Farewell and find everything good in your new jurney.

Vampmaster
11th Mar 2004, 17:02
Originally posted by blincoln
Yes, she passed on information to Jen, Richard, and Kyle.

So are they the writing the next script or is the new director doing that?

I should have said this in my first post: Farewell Amy and thanks for 5 amazing games.

warpsavant
12th Mar 2004, 04:45
Originally posted by Vampmaster
So are they the writing the next script or is the new director doing that?

I should have said this in my first post: Farewell Amy and thanks for 5 amazing games.

C'mon. Bro, this is a farewell to Amy. This aint the place for that, you know Ben just email him.

4thSurvivor
12th Mar 2004, 05:43
cheers!

best of luck to you and thanks for the memories.
=)

kainslady
12th Mar 2004, 13:05
Fare thee well...may you find happiness in all that you do.:)

JJheadcharge
12th Mar 2004, 17:28
Hulk sad! :(

i dont know if it would be the same. but i know the franchise is in good hands.

good luck Amy and thanks!

Matthew Danvers
12th Mar 2004, 18:23
Thank you for the message, Amy! Thank you for posting it, Ben! :)

Thank you for five awesome games! :D
Five awesome games that have shown to me that video games can be much deeper than I previously thought.
Five awesome games that make studying English literature easier and more fun! :D ;)

All the best for the next stage in your career!

Jen, Richard, Kyle, Chris, the Legacy of Kain series team and everybody at Crystal Dynamics, all the best for you!

Good luck everybody! :)

- Matt

Sayel
14th Mar 2004, 20:42
All my best wishes to you Amy for you next step. Keep up the excellent work.

I'm more than eager to see the path the next installment of LOK will turn into

Redeemer/Destroyer
14th Mar 2004, 20:57
Me too. :) It'll take ages, though...:(

Dark Abyss
15th Mar 2004, 10:50
10x for the magic of LOK. I am very sorry to see you go but i hope i'll see your name again on another piece of magic. Keep it up and may your road be paved with golden bricks and take you exactly where you want to go. We will all miss you.

Time Streamer
24th Mar 2004, 23:03
Good luck to you Amy. Thank you for all the work you did on the LoK series, we wouldn't be in this now.

Thank you Blinc for posting Amy's farewell.

- SpiritShift -
25th Mar 2004, 06:39
Ohhh... **sniff** :(

Best of luck Amy, and I think you already know how grateful we are. :)

Have fun on your next project!

PS. Thanks Blincoln. :)

kfwanderer
26th Mar 2004, 09:27
Good luck with all your future endeavors, Amy. I want you to know that the LOK storyline is the best I've ever played, seen or read. If I see your name tagged on any product from this day forth, you know that I'll get it.
Also know that I'm one of your biggest fans. :D

lucinvampire
26th Mar 2004, 17:04
Good luck in the future and all you do, may your future be a bright and happy one, and may you be eternally blessed by light, love and happiness.

Take care of yourself, and thank you for all you have done on the series as no doubt if it was not made I would not be here to day.

With great love and respect,
Lucie

Time Streamer
26th Mar 2004, 18:31
Thank you for your great work on the LoK series, Amy. None of us wouldn't be here now otherwise. Good luck in everything you'll do.

babifrence
26th May 2004, 23:51
Hiya Peeps,

Thanks to impuritor that I have discovered that this and several other threads about Amy leaving CD is true. I dont know how this even came about. I was deffinately not prepared for this and Im incredibly shocked. But yes, 8 years us a lot of time to dedicate to one gaming series. She has offered great talent, dialogue, story telling and moving events within LoK. I still cant tell what I feel right now, but all I can say is that something feels out of place in me. Its like something has been taken away and now theres a hole. Im moved but how to explain it would be a big assignment.

Never-the-less, I love your work Amy I truely wish that you achieve what ever is in your heart. I cant thank you enough for giving us something any of the LoK fans had ever expected from a mere game. I love LoK soo much and its soo moving to know your leaving. I feel like crying and smiling at the same time but im still in a state of shock. I want to thank Amy for her farewell message and for BLinc who is the bringer of tidings however liberating or disheartening. Amy, you have inspired me to write my own story based game which has obviously been influenced by you and the rest of the CD team.

Your dialogue is soo great even though Im at the age of 22 and I still have to look through a dictionary/thesaurus to find the meanings to the true core of your statements. Its admirable that you have been in the series so far. I guess its only inevitably that you would move on and find your next venture to pour your heart and soul into. I aim to follow your journey within the industry and when I reach some kind of game programming status, I would love to not only meet you - but work along side you as well. I think for many of us, you are the biggest hero... even greater than Kain (as said by Turel) :p. But seriously, you are loved, missed and adored by many. I hope that you succeed in all that you do and everything you aim to achieve.

Take care Amy and I hope that one day, our destines will be much like two rivers that have met and will never be distinct again. We all love you... go knock 'em dead :).

PEACE OUT !!!

Solin
27th May 2004, 11:00
Good look Amy even though you won't read this, any company or team to have you is lucky.

LOK kain is the greatest
27th May 2004, 17:19
originally posted by solin
Good look Amy even though you won't read this, any company or team to have you is lucky.

Lol. i think she does read this when she gets a chance. but doubt she will post as she doesn't want to get bombarded. :p

Luv KITG

RA Fox
27th May 2004, 17:47
Haven't been here for a very long time. I missed this place, and now then I came - I saw such post...
I feel really bad about it because there are no better game series than LoK series. This game was, is, and will be forever great.
Amy.. I suppose that You always were the one that kept the spirit of the game alive and I believe that those hands which recieved you blessing for continuation of the series are chosen ones.
The job you've done is ENORMOUS.
Thank You VERY MUCH.

[This is not a charade... I really appriciate it. I'm sure that even then I will die, I'll remeber this game, cuz it gave me gigantic amounts of new feelings. You know, it's same as a good book for older ppl - like Tolkien's LoTR for older guys.]

Fury
28th May 2004, 00:35
Good Luck Amy and Thank you very much for keeping us entertained with the LOK Series :)

worldwideNobody
28th May 2004, 01:39
i'll miss you amy, but i understand why people do things, i just hope the new guys do a good job

theextremepiercing
28th May 2004, 20:59
Every time I finished an episode of Legacy of Kain, I always thought that the series had nowhere left to go, only for the story to expand and astound me in ways I could never have imagined. And we have your skills as a storyteller to thank for that. You and CD have done an amazing job of turning what could have been a formulaic fantasy into something really special. Good luck at Naughty Dog, you'll be missed.

anubisjackal
3rd Jul 2004, 03:09
Amy, I salute you, your expertise will be sorely missed, I have been a faithful fan to the series, I can only hope that eidos will not forsake it. It is the last series Eidos makes that I enjoy.

Darkmaster
3rd Jul 2004, 18:44
Thank you Amy for the message and 5 excellent games.I wish you the best of luck in all your future projects.It's hard letting you go but farewell,we all love you.

Meia-san
6th Jul 2004, 03:51
Good luck, Amy! I hope you will find your path and that you will always remember - there are always people, who are ready to help you in everything (I suppose there's a whole bunch of them in this forum ;) ). I'm very greatful for the LOK games and it's amazing story. You will be missed, but still... Good bye and good luck!

OugaBooga
8th Jul 2004, 04:29
FAREWELL AMY:D

Thx for the 8yrs of imagination & dedication.

P.S. by the way AMY,where ARE you @now?,would you be @epic or@ubisoft making my FPS of LoK?;):D

AngelofDeath
9th Jul 2004, 14:03
Thank u so much, Amy. You really did a great job for LOK series! Before i played this series, I cannot even imagine an video game could go so deep and bring me so many surprises. When I saw this farewell message, I really wanna cry...just like the momemt i saw Kain put the soul reaver blade into Raziel's heart...

It's very nice of u to wrote this message to us. Please allow me to make a copy of it. Wherever u r, Amy, we will always be there to support u.

Give u all my best wishes. Good luck and take care!!

apollo440
12th Jul 2004, 15:48
To the Greatest....Amy

Your words burst me into tears because it meant the end of this epic that really meant everything to me , you inspired me , and I felt much sad when I realized that it all ended today as I made this thread asking everybody that you might be gone from Crystal Dynamics....

We all love you , I am looking forward to see another incredible Epic from you....

Also I would like to tell you that u have got zillions of fans here in Iraq.....

My E-mail is :tonicollision@yahoo.com
I hope you'll mail us ......

Farewell....you're our angel.....

"The two become one..both Soul Reavers..together...and the scion of Ballance is healed..and I am not your enemy...not your destroyer...I am , as before , your right hand.....Your Sword"

rambo3
12th Jul 2004, 17:30
Time fades even legend...
but we'll make sure you won't be forgotten!

Thank you for everything:)

khorne
14th Jul 2004, 07:39
thanx amy 4 all the work u did on lok & made it 1 of the beast game out there

kainthesionofblace
23rd Sep 2004, 01:57
amy whatis she doing i mean what kind if work doe she still work in gaming

WraithStar
23rd Sep 2004, 14:34
I believe she is working at Naughty Dog on Jak 3

Kainthekiller
23rd Sep 2004, 16:21
amy we will mess you I steal dont get why you gave up on lok but do us a favor and check up on the creater of the next version and make sure it is something we will enjoy cuz i enjoyed all the lok

Reidbynature
3rd Oct 2004, 12:57
It's a shame in a way. It will be sad to see you go. I like many others had great confidence in you and your work but if you say that those left behind know well enough what they are doing then I'm happy with that. I also wish you luck in your new venture.

Goodbye Amy. :)