PDA

View Full Version : Potions in Thief 3?

coldplay_josh_106
6th Mar 2004, 17:28
Does anybody Know what Potions will appear in the game? Will Invisiblity and slow fall be in it?

I always thought it was fun to get the guards to chase me to the roof of a warehouse, and then i could take a swig of slow fall potion and leap off as a form of escape!

Will There be any New potions!
:D

thiefessa
6th Mar 2004, 18:05
Hope they keep all the original potions, but it's fun to think of a few extra concoctions.

How about the proverbial bottle of 'love potion' to help control the screams, or secure the loyalty, of a startled lady in distress....or man, if so inclined!

Instead of Slowfall, there could be 'levitation potion' like the magic skills you could earn in Morrowind....but would that make game missions too easy?

...but I could live without all those potions anyway!!! I think I will miss my trusted rope arrow the most....sob.

It was my favourite tool next to the blackjack.

tealsmith
6th Mar 2004, 23:55
You know what I always thought would be cool? A burrick potion. You drink it and for several minutes you're a burrick :D

Mr. Perfect
9th Mar 2004, 00:36
Lol. Just make sure there arn't any other burricks around, eh?

If I rember correctly the slow fall and invisibility potions have been removed.

Macsen
9th Mar 2004, 00:43
I don't think I ever bought, let alone used, any potions.

thiefessa
9th Mar 2004, 18:10
Sure, potions were never a necessity really....I don't think I used them much before for Thief 1 or 2. But Thief DS objectives may be much more demanding, those potions may be more important this time round???? I can't wait to find out....

thiefessa
9th Mar 2004, 20:54
Hey Tealsmith, seems like you will have to rely on your Burrick potion now as the creatures have been dropped from Thief DS!

imported_deadly_thief
15th Mar 2004, 21:39
how about a adrenaline potion or sering of some sort which makes you faster, stronger, jumper higher (sorry bout spelling me no goode ate engeshe)