PDA

View Full Version : Garrett's Mechanical/Magical Eye...

Helblind
6th Mar 2004, 09:17
;) Will it be featured in the game? ;)

Being a major part of both the previous games, it better be!

Jareware
6th Mar 2004, 09:22
That's a good point! Has anyone heard anything about what will happen to his eye? They could probably take it a bit further in this game. He has his mechanical eye in some concept art does he not?

-JR-

tealsmith
6th Mar 2004, 14:34
Originally posted by Jareware
That's a good point! Has anyone heard anything about what will happen to his eye? They could probably take it a bit further in this game. He has his mechanical eye in some concept art does he not?

-JR-

I belive he does. It'd be plain stupid not to use it.

esme
7th Mar 2004, 21:17
according to the Ion Storm forum he's got his mechanical eye

Link to Ion Storm thread (http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=208831&st=210)

wipeoutxl21
7th Mar 2004, 21:45
maybe they will give him a new glass eye so hes more studly when he runs into the ladies!

simont1981
12th Mar 2004, 01:13
For me, the eye was one of the let downs of Thief II, c'mon, Garrett isn't Robocop!

I have argued this many times in the past, on TTLG if I remember correctly - although Thief is a fantasy setting, I personally would like to stick to the medi-evil 'thing'. The last thing I want is help from an all-seeing eye!

Helblind
13th Mar 2004, 04:58
Besides the zoom ability and the remote orbs, all the eye does is gives Garrett depth perception.

Take into account the magical arrows, undead, and spell casters, we've pretty much crossed over into fantasy.

In thief two I recall him cleaning his eye; taking it apart and reassembling. I always saw it as more steam punk mechanical.

I thought Garrett losing his eye was one of the most memorable gaming moments for me, and it would be a shame if they took that out.

operative x
14th Mar 2004, 08:33
whats this about gerret losing his eye??? i only played like 80% of thief 2 and thats it, did he lose it in thief 1???? wow this is weird plz explain?!?!

van_HellSing PL
14th Mar 2004, 08:51
Whoa! You're missing out then!

Yes, Garrett lost his eye in Thief: The Dark Project. Actually, Victoria ripped it out :eek:. It's a long story... Garrett got his mechanical eye just at the end of the game.

Acronomic
14th Mar 2004, 10:55
I'm playing Thief Gold at the moment, and I can't wait to finish it! :)

One thing that's strange; Garrett can zoom without the eye? I thought he got it at the end of the game...:p

operative x
14th Mar 2004, 18:47
!!!!:eek: who is victoria??????????

TheOriginalNobody
14th Mar 2004, 19:53
Oh god
Anyway, they removed Constantines sword in thief 2 didn't they? I wouldn't be suprised if they removed the eye

Jareware
14th Mar 2004, 19:57
I would think it to be considerably easier to trade off/lose a sword than your eye. ;)

-JR-

TheOriginalNobody
16th Mar 2004, 18:24
It was a very magical sword- the tricksters himself. Garret has lost an eye before though, and he takes the mechanical one out for oiling sometime.