PDA

View Full Version : Another Deadly Shadows preview:

tealsmith
3rd Mar 2004, 22:26
www.thief-thecircle.com has posted a summerized version of a new Deadly Shadows preview from a UK magazine. For those not familiar with the site, just scroll down a bit and you'll se it's the newest article.

Deadly Shadows preview (http://www.thief-thecircle.com/)

ChowYunFat
3rd Mar 2004, 22:41
This is a much more encouraging interview than the one with Warren Spector. As someone else pointed out in that thread, maybe WS should just not give interviews.

Of course, it will be the implementation that tells the tale. If they can give us a truly open-ended Thief with dynamic lighting & AI as good as they claim, it will be a very good thing.

Jareware
3rd Mar 2004, 22:52
Wow, I have to say that I am very pleased with this interview, especially after reading WS's just an hour ago.

Even the glinting loot sounds good coming from this fella. :)

-JR-

HOC
3rd Mar 2004, 23:12
definitely redeeming....but not enough to repair the damage done by spector.

someone should interview both smith and spector at the same time, and see if these two are even on the same page....or book for that matter.

i'm gonna be approaching this game with a bit more caution.

thegrommit
3rd Mar 2004, 23:28
[edit] nm - Randy Smith was the interviewee.

Old Man
3rd Mar 2004, 23:49
I feel better. For now ...

Warren, Warren, Warren. :-|

clayman
4th Mar 2004, 00:25
Interesting...bots and zombies out = very good...but what about other creatures, me wonders ?

And the tools, I really am anxious to see what toys there are that I for the most part won't use, and will make fun of most of the rest of you for depending on.....unless I get my grappling hook. ;)

tealsmith
4th Mar 2004, 02:42
Originally posted by clayman
Interesting...bots and zombies out = very good...but what about other creatures, me wonders ?

And the tools, I really am anxious to see what toys there are that I for the most part won't use, and will make fun of most of the rest of you for depending on.....unless I get my grappling hook. ;)

I believe there will be other monsters.

Squid
4th Mar 2004, 07:27
I'd like to keep the zombies in. Haunts, Hammer Ghosts, etc... definitely. Bots I can live without, but I'd like watchers.

Squid

chimpwithalimp
4th Mar 2004, 07:39
I think thats what we all needed - a genuinely positive talk of things to come...

thiefessa
4th Mar 2004, 21:59
Yep, just read the review in the UK PCZone Magazine...together with screenshots. The new Thief DS looks and sounds awesome, I don't think us fans will be let down by Ion Storm's obvious hard work and imagination in making "Thief: Deadly Shadows" a truly awesome game for 2004....have faith I say!

I think the game will totally deliver and won't disappoint like Deus Ex IW and Tomb Raider AoD obviously did.

Jaramide
4th Mar 2004, 22:48
Sounds very nice. Im still very concerned about the area sizes though. I wonder why no preview or interview has adressed that issue yet since it is pretty important.
Also the last thing i want in the game is a big DX:IW style "You are entering new area. Do you want to proceed" sign. Actually i really liked DX:IW but the only thing that big notice does it rip you forcefully away from any immersion you have achieved

Thiefinthenight
5th Mar 2004, 02:03
Ok I can cancel my prozac refill now.:cool:

Tenkahubu
5th Mar 2004, 11:37
I liked the sound of knocking over guards with objects. So the physics will actually do something this time! (Rather than just slow down the game) Sounds like great fun.

Paajtor
5th Mar 2004, 22:33
This is from a Gamespy Interview (http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february04/thief3multi/index2.shtml), nevertheless...but still cool:

"you can choose to hit the town between missions to pick up loot from the tenements surrounding your home"

I'm new to the Thief-games (I guess that's a pré, lol), but to me - this is the real thievery...escape into your own world, to get stronger, and then re-enter the story, to fight your own little war.

It's also a nice way, to say "screw u, mission-scripts...I'm gonna play this my way now":D