PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] No More Puzzles!!! YEAAAAA!!!!!

[MaChInE_HeAd]
2nd Mar 2004, 21:38
Raziel was a cool charecter... but the things you have to do with him is realy annoying... and the fact that you can switch between two different worlds... maan is tht bloody taking... but with kain... less puzzles and more Action... thats the way i like this game!!!... on the next game of the Legacy of kain series im looking forward 2 be kicking butt with KAIN :D

sniperbr0
2nd Mar 2004, 23:32
WHY didnt you put a [SPOILER] in the post subject?! There are people here that havent played the game yet! Now you told everyone about the game!

Raziel is a very cool character and the puzzles are one thing that makes him UNIQUE!!! BTW ALL the lok games had puzzles since BO1, SR1, SR2, even BO2, so, if it is to be released another game that you will play just as Kain or someone else, there will be PUZZLES!!! perhaps will be there more abilities, powers, specials, items, to make the game more enjoyable (more even than defiance :) ), so there will be harder puzzles... be prepared!!!
In a game you PLAY, so if Amy managed only to create that wonderful story, she would make a movie, not a game... that´s why a lok game is enjoyable: Perfect Story and Perfect Game

Stormrider
2nd Mar 2004, 23:49
Originally posted by [MaChInE_HeAd]
Raziel DeAd!!! No More Puzzles!!! YEAAAAA!!!!!

Awww. That's not fair to Raziel. Sure, Kain is my favourite too (ever since the original Blood Omen) but I liked the little blue guy too.

hippiechk
3rd Mar 2004, 00:16
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but yes, a spoiler tag would have been appropriate here.

However, as cool and bad ass as Kain is, the puzzles and switching between the material and spectral realms, are just two of the reasons why I liked Raziel more than Kain. A more flexible, more complex, more thought provoking character, imo. Plus I found Raziel to be faster, less cumbersome, easier to control, and just plain old more fun! But to each his own.

DarkWraith
3rd Mar 2004, 02:30
Puzzles are part of the legacy of the legacy of kain series (Oh i used legacy twice in the same sentence)

What I mean is it wouldn't be LOK without Puzzles. Things just don't fall into your lap in real life so why should they in LOK?

DW

Kainster
3rd Mar 2004, 08:35
Im dumb, but I cant figure out why you guys think he needed a [SPOILER] tag in the subject. Aside from the title. theres no reference to events in the game. I mean, look at the title RAZIELS DEAD NO MORE PUZZLES YAYYY!!! I find it humorous that instead of suggesting he used a different post subject title, that a spolier tag should have been used on a post that reveals nothing. But thats just me.

Besides, wasnt it announced you no longer need spolier tags except in the LoKCC boards?

SonneDieNacht
3rd Mar 2004, 08:50
I find that puzzling because even Kain had puzzles to solve as far back as LoK:BO1, although they were much easier they were puzzles nonetheless!

The improvement in hardware and software, along with a continued storyline and character development throughout the series have allowed for more puzzles and "eye-candy," but to simply say there'll be no more puzzles is a bit short-sighted. IMO.

Zephon
3rd Mar 2004, 15:48
i like raz

see my thread on puzzles plz

hippiechk
3rd Mar 2004, 17:59
Ok, I shouldn't have said spoiler "tags". Rather, I should have said "put a 'spoiler warning' in your thread title". Only because, like someone said before me, some people haven't played the game yet and don't know about Raziel's fate. I believe Umah said that the enforcement of spoiler usage has been relaxed, but not abandoned. It's just proper etiquette to not ruin it for unsuspecting new comers.

Sorry to stray from the topic at hand.

[MaChInE_HeAd]
3rd Mar 2004, 22:13
Originally posted by DarkWraith
Puzzles are part of the legacy of the legacy of kain series (Oh i used legacy twice in the same sentence)

What I mean is it wouldn't be LOK without Puzzles. Things just don't fall into your lap in real life so why should they in LOK?

DW

Yea... your right... it wouldnt be LOK... but i prefer more action than solving puzzles... take Soul reaver 2 for instance... that was well annoying with the puzzles n all... but i still enjoyed playing it and i only played it once!!!... but defiance has more action in it... therefore i would play it again and again!!! till i get bored :P

[MaChInE_HeAd]
3rd Mar 2004, 22:26
Originally posted by hippiechk
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but yes, a spoiler tag would have been appropriate here.

However, as cool and bad ass as Kain is, the puzzles and switching between the material and spectral realms, are just two of the reasons why I liked Raziel more than Kain. A more flexible, more complex, more thought provoking character, imo. Plus I found Raziel to be faster, less cumbersome, easier to control, and just plain old more fun! But to each his own.

Yes your right... a spoiler tag would be more appropriate... so i changed it :)... by the way... i only just registered myself to Eidos... so im not realy familiar with these forums etc... anyways, i didnt realy mind the Swithching between the 2 worlds but it gets annoying at times... and that is what switches me off from playing the game again lol!!! yea Raziel is alot faster than kain... but i recon... playing with kain is alot more fun and easier!!! The reason for me saying that is... i find it alot easier to kick butt with kain than raziel... but then again... raziel is cool too!

DJpick
4th Mar 2004, 21:15
Last I heard the Spoiler rule was lifted. So you guys complained for nothing.

Umah Bloodomen
4th Mar 2004, 23:22
The latest information regarding SPOILER usage in the community has been provided in this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18226). Rather than continue taking this thread off topic, I will be happy to answer any questions, comments or other concerns you may have regarding this issue via Private Channels (PM's and/or email).

Thanks. :)

The Angel of Death
5th Mar 2004, 05:34
Originally posted by [MaChInE_HeAd]
Raziel was a cool charecter... but the things you have to do with him is realy annoying... and the fact that you can switch between two different worlds...

i actuly like this with raziel it makes him a more interresting charter & i of raziel best abilities u can only use in spectral (phase through walls) & it can be very useful