PDA

View Full Version : SLACKERS!!!!!!!!!

Cannoli42895
22nd Jun 2012, 11:51
THEY NEED TO MAKE A KINGDOM HEARTS 3 FOR PLAYSTATION 3 I AM TIRED OF SEEING IT FOR DS ONLY!! IVE HAVE THE FIRST TWO FOR PLAYSTATION 2 AND I LOVED BOTH OF THEM I REALLY WISH THEY WOULD JUST MAKE IT ALREADY

member_10770952
22nd Jun 2012, 11:56
i would call them lazy too. but remember. they have thier hands full with versus.

maya-tek
22nd Jun 2012, 13:01
i would call them lazy too. but remember. they have thier hands full with versus.

and dont forget trying to remaster some other games for the ps3 like final fantasy X and kingdom hearts

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 13:05
One, don't write in all caps please. It's obnoxious and hard to read.

Two, if you have only played two of the seven games you aren't going to understand anything about what's going on in KHIII.

Three, it hasn't been for DS only. KH games were released on these systems in this order: PS2, PS2 (Japan only), GBA, PS2, PS2 (Japan only), PS2, DS, PSP, cellphones (Japan only), DS, PSP (Japan only), 3DS. Of these 12 releases, two were remakes to make the games more accessable and three were Final Mixes. Only two of the seven games were on DS, and those one of those two was the "least" important to the storline, with Nomura saying it was more made for having fun with than added to the story.

The KH games in order of most to least importance to the storyline (IMO) are BBS (exposes the villian), DDD (directly sets up KHIII), KHII (actually adds depth to the story), Days (introduces Xion, gives us more on Roxas and Axel), Chain (introduces Namine and Nobodies, also tells us why Sora was in the pod and a bit on what Riku was doing), KHI (only the last two worlds have any real importance on the overall storyline), and Coded (only the ending and secret ending have any importance to the overall storyline). As you can see, you've only played the 3rd and 6th most important of these games. What use will complaining about a game taking too long to make that you won't understand in the least do?

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 13:12

and dont forget trying to remaster some other games for the ps3 like final fantasy X and kingdom hearts

A KH remaster is nothing but a rumor at this point, we don't even know if it's possible. If the Disney contract with the Borroughs family does not allow for HD remasters (which would be highly likely if it did not) and they can't renew the trademark (which nobody has been able to do since the last member of that family died in 04ish, which is why Deep Jungle was cut out of CoM at the last minute) then KHI cannot be made into an HD remaster.

member_10751449
22nd Jun 2012, 15:05

A KH remaster is nothing but a rumor at this point, we don't even know if it's possible. If the Disney contract with the Borroughs family does not allow for HD remasters (which would be highly likely if it did not) and they can't renew the trademark (which nobody has been able to do since the last member of that family died in 04ish, which is why Deep Jungle was cut out of CoM at the last minute) then KHI cannot be made into an HD remaster.

You are very knowlegdable. So do you think the main reason for them not doing a ff7 remake is more about business reasons?

Sad to see one of my most favorite 3rd person action rpg of all time get caught up with all these business/political matters. I bet they have such a hard time making each entry because of it. Despite the good sales, I wonder do they make a good enough profit compared to their other titles...

Also, your being to hard on him about not understanding what is going on =). Which is ture, yet he can just simply enjoy it for the gameplay instead of the story. It is what a video game is mainly about and should always be the main focus. My current favorite example for this would be "Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown." =D

member_10813590
22nd Jun 2012, 15:51
Hey don't call square enix lazy they have kept it off this long because of the story and if you only played two of the kh games you'll never understand kh 3

member_10813590
22nd Jun 2012, 15:52
And bbs was the most biggiest part of the serise it tells about other stuff if you over looked it.

member_10074094
24th Jun 2012, 08:20
Hey don't call square enix lazy they have kept it off this long because of the story and if you only played two of the kh games you'll never understand kh 3

Thats a BAD thing. It means that, in order to experience KH3 and understand it, you need to shell out money for handhelds ALONG WITH whatever console KH3 comes out on. In all honesty, 358/2 days is unneccesary and BBS could have been told in flashback/dream sequences/story time arcs in KH3 so that Sora, along with the player, would understand everything that happened. It would have cost fans of the series less money and Square can't be making as much money on the handhelds as they would on a console release... not everyone owns every handheld in existance.

EDIT: for the record, I highly doubt Square is going to screw their console-exclusive fans over in KH3 anyways. Sora doesn't know the story of BBS anymore than they do; KH2 was built to make sense to the player even if they had not played KH:CoM. I expect they will do something to fill you in on any of the information that you absolutely need to know.

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 10:35

In all honesty, 358/2 days is unneccesary and BBS could have been told in flashback/dream sequences/story time arcs in KH3 so that Sora, along with the player, would understand everything that happened.

Incorrect. You would know why if you have played Re:Coded all the way through (secret ending as well) and closely watched all of the DDD trailers we've been given. Days was not really about Roxas: it was about Roxas, Xion, and Axel and their relationship. Also, BBS has waaaaay too much info to just tell in flashbacks. We wouldn't really understand anything about what's going on, and again if you've played Re:Coded and watched the DDD trailers closely you might see why that would be a bad thing. Also, without Days and BBS we wouldn't really understand why Sora has (the following can be considered a DDD spoiler, though it isn't all too hard to figure out in Days and BBS) four hearts (Ventus, Sora, Roxas, Xion) , what the Mark of Mastery is, Xehanort's goal, why Roxas doesn't look like Sora,

EDIT: for the record, I highly doubt Square is going to screw their console-exclusive fans over in KH3 anyways. Sora doesn't know the story of BBS anymore than they do; KH2 was built to make sense to the player even if they had not played KH:CoM. I expect they will do something to fill you in on any of the information that you absolutely need to know.

Starting with DDD they are adding a Memoir function on the title screen that recaps important information from previous games, but I wouldn't hope to rely on that all too much as we have yet to see how effective it will be. With everything presented in DDD and the state of its ending it will be IMPOSSIBLE to pull it off like they did with KHII. You have to realize, there isn't just one game in-between the two now, there are four and two of the four have rather large and very important storylines, while Days' is mediocre in size but still important. In case you missed it in my earlier post, here is the list of the games in order of importance and why they are so. Note that after further consideration I am switching DDD and BBS.

DDD (directly sets up KHIII, introduces huge new plot points), BBS (exposes the villian), KHII (adds depth to the story, ), Days (introduces Xion, gives us more on Roxas and Axel), Chain (introduces Namine and Nobodies, also tells us why Sora was in the pod and a bit on what Riku was doing), KHI (only the last two worlds have any real importance on the overall storyline), and Coded (only the ending and secret ending are important to the overall storyline)

member_10637174
24th Jun 2012, 11:24
Listen there going to make a collection anyway with every game in the serise but re coded anyway so don't wine about it and plus they get money off of alot of people more money than yoy might think dude so just don't rant on about it, the collection is going to be made for ps3 so don't worry.

member_10770952
24th Jun 2012, 11:31

You are very knowlegdable. So do you think the main reason for them not doing a ff7 remake is more about business reasons?

Sad to see one of my most favorite 3rd person action rpg of all time get caught up with all these business/political matters. I bet they have such a hard time making each entry because of it. Despite the good sales, I wonder do they make a good enough profit compared to their other titles...

Also, your being to hard on him about not understanding what is going on =). Which is ture, yet he can just simply enjoy it for the gameplay instead of the story. It is what a video game is mainly about and should always be the main focus. My current favorite example for this would be "Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown." =D

go virua fighter! :D

member_10479084
24th Jun 2012, 12:23
honestly, i think that the longer they take to make the game the better it will be. besides KH and FF is not the only games they make they also have different games too along with books, music, and other things like that. I mean if you just look at one part you won't see much but think about the content they have released as a whole, and believe me there is a lot.

member_10074094
24th Jun 2012, 13:55

In all honesty, 358/2 days is unneccesary and BBS could have been told in flashback/dream sequences/story time arcs in KH3 so that Sora, along with the player, would understand everything that happened.

Incorrect. You would know why if you have played Re:Coded all the way through (secret ending as well) and closely watched all of the DDD trailers we've been given. Days was not really about Roxas: it was about Roxas, Xion, and Axel and their relationship. Also, BBS has waaaaay too much info to just tell in flashbacks. We wouldn't really understand anything about what's going on, and again if you've played Re:Coded and watched the DDD trailers closely you might see why that would be a bad thing. Also, without Days and BBS we wouldn't really understand why Sora has (the following can be considered a DDD spoiler, though it isn't all too hard to figure out in Days and BBS) four hearts (Ventus, Sora, Roxas, Xion) , what the Mark of Mastery is, Xehanort's goal, why Roxas doesn't look like Sora,

Starting with DDD they are adding a Memoir function on the title screen that recaps important information from previous games, but I wouldn't hope to rely on that all too much as we have yet to see how effective it will be. With everything presented in DDD and the state of its ending it will be IMPOSSIBLE to pull it off like they did with KHII. You have to realize, there isn't just one game in-between the two now, there are four and two of the four have rather large and very important storylines, while Days' is mediocre in size but still important. In case you missed it in my earlier post, here is the list of the games in order of importance and why they are so. Note that after further consideration I am switching DDD and BBS.

DDD (directly sets up KHIII, introduces huge new plot points), BBS (exposes the villian), KHII (adds depth to the story, ), Days (introduces Xion, gives us more on Roxas and Axel), Chain (introduces Namine and Nobodies, also tells us why Sora was in the pod and a bit on what Riku was doing), KHI (only the last two worlds have any real importance on the overall storyline), and Coded (only the ending and secret ending are important to the overall storyline)

Why did we to be introduced to Xion in the first place? They couldn't have made the story without her? She was introduced in days... but her presence in future games will be BECAUSE of that. She wasn't introduced in Days because they already had plans to include her in the rest of the series... and the relationship between Axel and Roxas was obvious in KH2. Why does the story even need Xion? Her role in DDD is minimal (I've spoiled it myself) and she appears in the intro cutscene, and (spoiler) She appears to Sora and Roxas makes Sora cry, and then she appears to Riku and asks him a question similar to the questions Sora is asked at the start of KHI (end spoilers).

Birth by Sleep is indeed meant for filler info. You can get the important stuff to the story from a flashback... and you could tell almost the entire story in a "side arc" during the game. I realize its not the best example, but Bleach used something similar: they created a "swing back the pendulum of time" arc where they told the story of the villain and the people he screwed over several years prior. KH COULD have done something similar in KH3, and even split it up over multiple "episodes"... another example comes to mind, Assassins Creed Revelations, where the story's of Ezio and Altair where supposed to end and their relevance to each other was explained. You played primarily as Ezio, but at several "episodes" during the game you would be shot into the past where you would play an important event in Altair's history that was relevent to Ezio's current mission. KH could do this.. and still can. Birth By Sleep is kind of like Crisis Core... it has details for people who are interested, but any information that the player absolutely must know should be available at some point in KH3. This memoir thing is interesting (KH2 had a decent recap of past events during Roxas' prologue) but they need to make the information available in a cutscene or multiple cutscenes, and not in a datalog or jiminy's journal; many players aren't going to read that kind of background info because they don't expect to have to in order to understand the future of the series.

Square-Enix decides what information is required for KH3, and to be honest, we really can't say for certain what information we absoluletly will need to know in order to get what is going on, because KH3 simply isn't out yet.

To whomever mentioned that they are making more money than I think... I never said they weren't making money. But, releasing handheld exclusives severely limits their profits because not everyone who plays the series owns every handheld... its the same issue as with console exclusives, making games on multiple systems is simply better bussiness. Releasing them on consoles is even better bussiness. However, the games have been losing sales as they come out... in America and Japan. DDD sold less in a week in Japan than BBS sold in two days. 358/2 days also beat DDD in sales during the first week (I want to point out, that this is likely due to the smaller number of 3DS owned over the other two, but thats something else that Square-Enix should have kept in mind... releasing a game on a system with smaller expected sales isn't exactly the best bussiness practice). The console games, unlike the handhelds, have sold over a million copies in each company independently, while the others are closer to 1 million globably... and some not at all. granted, the other games are older than the handhelds, but still... like I said, I acknowledge they are making money, but not the amounts of money they could be making to the larger console audience. Hell, I've even shelled out more money than I should to get these handhelds so I can play them (and, while I thouroughly enjoyed them, I still see only small points that are important enough for players to understand later...

Also, to whomever said that the games will be re-released in HD... these are unconfirmed rumors. If anything, this is BAD news. It means the team will be spending more time on these games, instead of finishing Versus 13 and getting on to a real, numbered installment in the KH series.

I also feel like its important to point out that the OP is a troll. One post on the forums, an All-Caps post that is meant to annoy the fanboys... I agree with his complaints but, he came here to annoy people and judging from some (not all) people's responses, it is working.

member_10074094
24th Jun 2012, 14:01
honestly, i think that the longer they take to make the game the better it will be. besides KH and FF is not the only games they make they also have different games too along with books, music, and other things like that. I mean if you just look at one part you won't see much but think about the content they have released as a whole, and believe me there is a lot.

They have multiple teams. Nomura is the creative mind behind FF7, 8, 10, and the KH series, and his team is the one that works on anything regarding these games (which is why Versus 13, which is meant to be a gameplay cross with final fantasy and KH, is also being built by his team). Like you say, even this team is overworked... their work on the handhelds and FFX remastered is exactly the reason Versus 13 rarely has any news, and KH3 even rarer. However, the other games they make, such as Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, other entries to the FF series, and some of their other J-rpgs are developed by different teams and sometimes teams from other, smaller companies. Actually, many of the games they have been releasing lately are Western-styled games from Eidos, which the main Square-Enix teams in Japan don't really touch at all (And I don't hate on Eidos games at all, I think its a good thing for the company... I just wish Nomura's team would give us a major release instead of all these small filler/spin off games (no matter how "important" square decides they are to the story) and remakes).

member_10813590
24th Jun 2012, 15:08
Look at the to comment and Xion was a big part of the serise for Roxas hur never mind I don't care I'm not going to even tell you why because every part of the serise it importoint okay.

member_10074094
24th Jun 2012, 16:54
Look at the to comment and Xion was a big part of the serise for Roxas hur never mind I don't care I'm not going to even tell you why because every part of the serise it importoint okay.

does this mean you can't actually think of a reason? and you should edit your posts, im not sure if "hur" is a typo(with all the other typos) or meant to be more offensive...

and Xion is only important to roxas because they threw her in one game and said she was important. If that game was never made, or if they hadn't added her, Roxas wouldn't know about her anymore than you would. Her job in the story has yet to be revealed, if she has one at all.

member_10813590
24th Jun 2012, 19:21
*face plam * no no no the reason her being in the story is to give reason to why Roxas left the nobodys and to why he can use two keyblades and I was just being nice you.

member_10813590
24th Jun 2012, 19:22
By not acting like a smart butt okay ?

member_10813590
24th Jun 2012, 19:36
And birth by sleep was big needed because it told the story to how sora can use a keyblade, and how castle obilven came to be and it give us more inside on the keyblade warriors. It told the story about who xannams really is.

And chain of memoires was also needed because it told of what happened to sora before he fell asleep and a few other things.

And also 358 2 days was needed big time because of Roxas story in the days with the nobodys, and if you look in namie room in kingdom hearts 2 you'll see Xion in the background of one of her drawings. And they added her to make sense of the story

So listen stop being a rant and enjoy the games they will come soon and they sell it for different stuff to get make money I mean really did you think kingdom hearts 3 would come out easy ? No because than the story would have gone to crad and no one would understand.

And don't make fun of my grammer or spelling I'm made and I make mistakes when I'm in a hurry and I usalluy am all the time.

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 19:58
Crimson, please edit your posts instead of triple posting. If you continue to double and triple post you'll likely get modded/banned, and that wouldn't be desirable for you.
...and BBS did not explain why Sora had a Keyblade, KHI does. Remember that the Kingdom Key was originally Riku's, but when Riku was stepping into the darkness the KK went to Sora because Sora's heart was brighter, and KK is a keyblade of light. BBS explains why Riku had a Keyblade for Sora to steal in KHI.

Jalien, Nomura said after KHII that he had the rest of the Xehanort Saga (although he didn't call it that until after BBS) planned out, and that Days would be very important in the ending of it. So I'm assuming that while Xion only had a cameo in DDD, she'll be very important in KHIII. Also, Days exposed a lot about Axel, who is a major character in DDD and presumably KHIII.

Finally, I didn't realize that exposing the actual villain who was behind everything so far and stating his goals as well as showing what he is willing to do to reach them was a "side arc". Seems to me like a necessary part of the story. If anything, KHI is the side arc and BBS is the main part of the series, because all you do in KHI was slow down one aspect of Xehanort's like 30 part plan. I actually don't like BBS all that much, but I admit it is the most progressive of the titles so far storywise, and I do not believe that it could be told in flashbacks, as that just wouldn't get the point across and people wouldn't understand why we had to rescue the three of the protagonists like Coded tells us to.

member_10813590
24th Jun 2012, 20:03
I'm not even going to talk to you anymore dude you clearly don't know what the games have to do with eacher so you'll be lost in kh 3 so bye and I'm blocking you bye.

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 20:23
In the case that crimson actually blocks me, would somebody mind copying this and reposting it? I cannot stand ignorance. Quote from an interview with Nomura, the director of the KH series. Nomura words in italics, questions in bold. Source: kh-info-block.tumblr.com/tagged/KH1NIA (http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/tagged/KH1NIA)

<ul>
About Riku being the rightful owner of the Keyblade - why is it that Sora had the Keyblade first?
[/list]

That part is also a bit vague. In the Destiny Islands when Riku is swallowed by the darkness, there&rsquo;s a sparkle of light, and next comes the scene where Sora first gets the Keyblade, right? In my setting, the darkness wrapping itself around those two is the darkness of Riku&rsquo;s heart. At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.

<ul>
Does not the Keyblade itself choose its owner?
[/list]

The Keyblade reacts to the rightful owner&rsquo;s heart and appears to them. Even though it was definitely Riku who called the Keyblade towards him, the reason why Sora was able to weild it was because he also had the right qualities too.

member_10829610
24th Jun 2012, 20:36
In the case that crimson actually blocks me, would somebody mind copying this and reposting it? I cannot stand ignorance. Quote from an interview with Nomura, the director of the KH series. Nomura words in italics, questions in bold. Source: kh-info-block.tumblr.com/tagged/KH1NIA (http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/tagged/KH1NIA)

<ul>
About Riku being the rightful owner of the Keyblade - why is it that Sora had the Keyblade first?
[/list]

That part is also a bit vague. In the Destiny Islands when Riku is swallowed by the darkness, there&rsquo;s a sparkle of light, and next comes the scene where Sora first gets the Keyblade, right? In my setting, the darkness wrapping itself around those two is the darkness of Riku&rsquo;s heart. At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.

<ul>
[/list]

The Keyblade reacts to the rightful owner&rsquo;s heart and appears to them. Even though it was definitely Riku who called the Keyblade towards him, the reason why Sora was able to weild it was because he also had the right qualities too.

Quoted.

I kind of agree with Basho in terms of each game having a certain amount of significance. I don't know if I'm within rules of this, but I can relate KH's story progression method to Metal Gear Solid. No matter how many flashbacks MGS4 had about MGS1 (and there were alot of them), you could only get a general idea about what happened before. At times, it was hard to even follow the flashbacks if you didn't play the previous games.

member_10074094
24th Jun 2012, 22:34

<ul>
[/list]

<ul>
[/list]

I thought he was agreeing with all of your posts. at least, you are the one arguing his point, while his own arguements don't really make sense (the picture, for example, which I interpreted as two generic org. members symbolizing axel and roxas' seperation from the rest of org. 13... Xion never came to mind, and I've even played that part of KH2 just two weeks ago).. I highly doubt Xion was a concept in KH2, but I guess only Nomura would be able to confirm that. I was convinced that he was blocking me however, not you. Just because of a difference of opinion >.<.

its almost like Crimson is the exact target of the Troll OP :/

Now, as for your posts, I agree that Birth by Sleep is a huge contribution to the story. But, SE needs to realize that A) a large percentage of the people who buy the next console Kingdom Hearts game will not have played these games and B) the handhelds are delaying the console games, which is angering many fans to the point of giving up on the series. These are both issues that NEED to be addressed. I've been loyal to the series but the financial strain is getting to me and I grow increasing frustrated by the lack of console releases from SE (you already know that I did not care for FFXIII, and we really haven't had any other major releases for console from SE... a few "singles" and Eidos titles and Star Ocean, and thats it). This generation is greatly lacking in the quantity of major console titles from SE... only two FF games that have polarized the fanbase, and no KH, VP, or DQ console releases. Its been a very uneventful several years, my own interest and excitment at SE news has waxed and, coming from a gamer/computer tech school, I can say its close to dying in a lot of people.

I do however want to note that I have been doing a poor job of getting my own point about the necessity of these stories across. The major reason I argue that they aren't necessary is because, they are only necessary IF Nomura decides to cite or reference them in KH3. Its his story, and it is in his power to decide what elements of it we need to be told. He has apparently decided to make ALL of it important, but in the end, he did not have to do this; the games weren't necessary until he decided to make a complex, expensive series for us to follow. I hope that better explains what I mean by unneccesary. If he wanted three Keyblade warriors, he could have told a shorter story and skipped the details. I'm still not convinced he can't do that in KH3... for the most part, only the outcomes of Aqua, Ventus, and Terra's story's are particularly important. A flashback or simple retelling might not have the emotional impact that BBS does, but the player WILL understand what roles all three had/have. Same for Xion... it can just be said that she is a nobody of Sora, and was best friends with Axel and Roxas, and when she dissapeared she gave Roxas his second keyblade. Again, not as emotionally impactful as playing through the entirety of days, but it gets the point across to the player, who should be able to understand who she is if she reappears in future titles.

iambasho777
25th Jun 2012, 20:42
I thought he was talking about blocking me bc I informed him that the Kingdom Key didn't belong to Sora and that he needs to avoid triple-posting lol

Note that the handhelds are not delaying ANYTHING. Versus XIII is the only thing "delaying" a console KH release, not the handheld titles, and even without that we still likely would have gotten Days and (Re:)Coded. If Versus wasn't being made, BBS and DDD might have been on PS3, and DDD would have been named KHIII. Nomura has stated that the only reason they did not name DDD KH3 was to avoid angering the console-only idiots... *clears throat* I mean fans, yeah...

Well, IF it Memoir function is reliable then it will help do all of that. If it doesn't, there's always the KH Info Block. I get where you're coming from with the necessity argument, but I can't say I agree. I personally think that without BBS, any further KH game would have just been another KHI: "Oh no, the worlds are in trouble; let's save 9 out of the thousands of them, kill off one crazy dude, and call it a day." I would not have enjoyed such a game, and including everything to get all of the info of BBS across without making it its own game would be tedious and after its done we would have to pull a 180 and reverse the ending five minutes later. With respect to Days, though, I can more so agree with you, mostly because the only bit that is used as of DDD is Axel's promise to always bring Roxas and Xion back, as that's his motivation for... well... everything we see him doing lol.

member_10074094
25th Jun 2012, 21:25
I thought he was talking about blocking me bc I informed him that the Kingdom Key didn't belong to Sora and that he needs to avoid triple-posting lol

Note that the handhelds are not delaying ANYTHING. Versus XIII is the only thing "delaying" a console KH release, not the handheld titles, and even without that we still likely would have gotten Days and (Re:)Coded. If Versus wasn't being made, BBS and DDD might have been on PS3, and DDD would have been named KHIII. Nomura has stated that the only reason they did not name DDD KH3 was to avoid angering the console-only idiots... *clears throat* I mean fans, yeah...

Well, IF it Memoir function is reliable then it will help do all of that. If it doesn't, there's always the KH Info Block. I get where you're coming from with the necessity argument, but I can't say I agree. I personally think that without BBS, any further KH game would have just been another KHI: "Oh no, the worlds are in trouble; let's save 9 out of the thousands of them, kill off one crazy dude, and call it a day." I would not have enjoyed such a game, and including everything to get all of the info of BBS across without making it its own game would be tedious and after its done we would have to pull a 180 and reverse the ending five minutes later. With respect to Days, though, I can more so agree with you, mostly because the only bit that is used as of DDD is Axel's promise to always bring Roxas and Xion back, as that's his motivation for... well... everything we see him doing lol.

So now, instead, KH3's crazy dude has already been revealed... so all thats left is to save nine worlds and then fight him? What story is left to tell in KH3, besides the conclusion of each disney movie and then getting rid of Xehanort?

iambasho777
26th Jun 2012, 15:53
Well, now we have to save everyone too, which actually will push the plot forward. From my understanding, that's why Sora and Riku have to take the Mark of Mastery exam. There's a specific power that will be granted to them upon becoming true Keyblade Masters (something to do with sleep, I'm assuming - I have only spoiled myself up to the final boss fight, not the ending yet so I don't know for sure) that they will need for saving Roxas, Xion, and Ventus.

Remember that in KHII Axel had kidnapped Kairi (which was just a plot tool to motivate Sora), and how that whole bit just seemed forced didn't really make any sense until you play Days and read pretty deeply in to it? Now it won't be so forced, and it'll make sense. We already know who we have to rescue and why it's so important, and we now know the true risks of failing. Without BBS the player wouldn't understand the depth of these problems and people would just be saying "wtf? lolzNomuralogic" about fifty times as much as they do (and they already do a lot). With BBS we have a clear direction for the story and a solid reason to put an end to the Norts.

member_10074094
26th Jun 2012, 17:16
And I really don't mind that they are taking the effort to make these games to add the depth and details for the next main entry to the series... what bugs me is how long its taking... I wasn't a fan of the series when KH2 first came out, but I was still in middle school when it happened. Now I'm halfway through college... thats a LONG wait for KH3. This isn't the first series with long waits... Diablo comes to mind... and I haven't even had to wait as long because I didn't even play KH1 until a year after KH2 came out, and even with that shorter wait I'm tired of it. Honestly, I was tired and losing interest in the series just from the wait for BBS and Days... it took four years for Days to come out after KH2, another year for BBS which, as you say, is a bit of a bigger deal than days... 5 years after KH2. Now its 2012, KH2 was released in 2005 in Japan... and there is still no official KH3 announcment, and we continue to get handheld releases that, regardless of their importance or how good they are, are expensive to get and tend to fly under the radar of the more casual fans of the series. I'm not the only one who is annoyed... and I'm no where near the level of annoyed that some other fans are. Every time I watch the trailers on GameTrailers its the same comments... and whenever someone sides with Square, whether they are just a loyal fanboy or an intelligent debater like you, they get immediately downvoted to oblivion. And gametrailers has a huge following... so thats a lot of angry fans that Square is not adressing.