PDA

View Full Version : Blood Trails

Optik45
2nd Mar 2004, 17:07
As I recall in Thief 1 and 2, if you slayed a guard it would leave a splotch of blood on the floor that could be cleaned up with a waterarrow. In my Experience Playing the two games Ive never came across a time when a guard actually was alerted by spilt blood, even though the games stated that this would happen. I recently heard a rumor from IGN insider that blood trails are going to be made when carrying a dead guard off to the shadows, not too sure on the validity of these statements but it got me wondering if guards are going to actually be aware of these traces of evidence. I know that guards are suppose to react to shadow movement, but It would be cool if guards are programmed to follow blood trails, it would definitely force you to clean up your tracks. Has anyone heard of any thing of this nature.

HOC
2nd Mar 2004, 17:12
there were a few moments when i saw a guard in thief 1 react to the blood puddles in the first level....but he didn't become more alert because of it. he'd just say "what the" and move on as if it was nothing.

i think i'll be a happy camper if it comes off even remotely better in this installment.

tealsmith
2nd Mar 2004, 21:19
The blood thing was one I always wondered about. The guards never really seemed to reactall that much too it. I'm going to assume they will in T3 though, making cleaning up your messes an actual must.

ChowYunFat
2nd Mar 2004, 22:17
When I first started playing Thief, I wasted numerous water arrows cleaning up blood stains before I realized that the guards didn't react to them at all (& they went away on their own after a time anyway).

I'm guessing the guards will react more strongly to blood stains this time.