PDA

View Full Version : the truth about CORE, Eidos and AOD

-debugmenu
1st Mar 2004, 21:41
You wanna know why Aod darkness is crap, because of Eidos wanting screenshots and playtests every week being told when the game had to be ready (before the end of there precicious fiscal year) and they're Hidden animations,
Hidden Cutscenes,
Hidden Areas,
Hidden Audio,
Hidden Characters,
Hidden Items,
Hidden Weapons

all of the above were not meant to be secrets, but thanks to Eidos Interactive they are. Eidos couldn't take the blame so they blame AOD on Core Design, sack Core, Condem Core, and Crystal Dyniamics conveniently is landed with Tomb Raider VII

Eidos are the guilty party,
Core are unfortunate Victims of Eidos,
Angel of Darkness isn't have the game it should, could and can be.

WesternWhiteWolf
2nd Mar 2004, 01:07
You're very right, but I guess that there's nothing we can do about it now.

NrthnStar5
2nd Mar 2004, 19:57
We don't know the details of the situations with the whole ordeal so it isn't fair or accurate to make those accusations.

Deckard
2nd Mar 2004, 20:27
... if anybody at "Eidos" is feeling unjustly treated, she/he definitely should post what really happened. I would really, really like to read "The Truth" ;) . I am absolutely ready and willing to believe ... almost everything I am told.

They definitely are big boys at Eidos, so give them the opportunity to speak for themselves :D :D :D .

Grey Mouser
2nd Mar 2004, 21:29
I definitely don't speak for "Eidos" as a whole, but I can say from personal experience that bugging hundreds of issues that are completely ignored by a developer, or even worse, explained away by said developer as an issue with QA personnel, rather than buggy code, is quite entertaining.

Try working in the industry sometime, before passing what appear to be uneducated judgements, "-debugmenu".

Or...let me guess...you DO work in the industry? ;)
GM

-debugmenu
3rd Mar 2004, 18:55
Uneducated eh?

Who ever is paying you to say Core are the bad gays know that they can screw themselves, i stand by my words

cool#9
4th Mar 2004, 07:05
-debugmenu originally posted:

Hidden animations,
Hidden Cutscenes,
Hidden Areas,
Hidden Audio,
Hidden Characters,
Hidden Items,
Hidden Weapons

Might as well add hidden truth to the list :rolleyes:

GoranAgar
4th Mar 2004, 07:08
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34374

Grey Mouser
4th Mar 2004, 22:35
Originally posted by -debugmenu
i stand by my words

So do I. And...I don't remember saying that Core were bad guys...

CatSuit&Ponytail
5th Mar 2004, 11:45
Originally posted by NrthnStar5
We don't know the details of the situations with the whole ordeal so it isn't fair or accurate to make those accusations.

I think that needs to be said in bold.

RebeL_fARmeR
6th Mar 2004, 22:11
debugmenu, you seem to be jumping to conclusions. sometimes if you suspect a kinda sinister scenario like the one you're describing then you just wanna shout it to the world... but you've got to learn the whole truth about the situation before getting too excited!
I don't know the whole truth so I won't start making any passionate protests. Just remember the golden rule:

ASSUMPTION IS THE CAUSE OF ALL SCREW-UPS

Don't jump to conclusions. :)

Da_1_with_the_gun
6th Mar 2004, 23:23
tomb raiders just get boring nowadays:confused:

Grey Mouser
9th Mar 2004, 23:39
Originally posted by RebeL_fARmeR

Don't jump to conclusions. :)

Because then you have to swim back! (http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~bcohen/phantom_tollbooth/)

:)

irjudd
15th Mar 2004, 15:12
Never assume. It makes an Ass out of u and me :D

But anyways, I think they should at least offer some sort of way we can trade in our bugged up AOD's for discs without all the slowdown bugs....

-debugmenu
15th Mar 2004, 20:20
I'd like to say that I've taken all of your thoughts into account, And I didn't understand the situation fully :)

collver
18th Mar 2004, 14:22
um on another forum I read that edios was going to kill the tomb raider francise of games. Please tell me this is not true. If it's false I'll head over to that site and start screaming.

collver
19th Mar 2004, 14:55
man if it's true than dang. Tr was one of the best games i've ever played. Besides without core it would'nt be the same.

Black Angel
8th Apr 2004, 16:14
I don't usually take part in heated arguments, however this time I will make an exception. It is foolhardy to say that Eidos Interactive was not partially responsible for the low quality of Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness. Releasing the game before the end of the financial quarter undoubtably had some impact on the finished product. I have said it before and I will say it again, the game was not complete when it was shipped in the summer of last year. Core wanted more time but Eidos said no. I personally think that it was rather impetuous for Eidos to simply drop Core Design from the Tomb Raider series like a bad habit. I have written many programs myself in my own college experience, however one thing never changes the quality of the finished product is directly correlated with the amount of time that was put into making it. As for the issue with Crystal Dynamics, how are they supposed to make the next installment in the Tomb Raider Series when they were completely uninvolved in the creation of Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness? I feel that the real victims of this entire affair are going to be the consumers in general if Crystal Dynamics doesn't stay true to the path outlined by Core Design. As for Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, the only way to truly rectify this situation is to go all the way back and complete the original source code as intended, however I realize that doing so would probably result in one of the worst backlashes that any video game company has ever endured. This would be so even if Eidos did a total recall of the "incomplete games." The damage has been done, but I think that all parties should take responsibility for their actions, which incidently is what Eidos did in the form of a public apology for the low quality of the game. Of course they dropped core in the same speech also, which as you can tell from above does not make me very happy.

Thanks for hearing my two cents.