PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Kain gets new power?

xarax
1st Mar 2004, 20:32
At the end in the pit, Kain does not turn into bats to get out of the pit. Instead, he is able to teleport out. How did he get teleportation (please don't say Umah's soul from BO2)?

f5lesnar
1st Mar 2004, 20:54
Ok...first, your talking about Defiance right? Its not a pit, your in the Vampire Citadel's inner sanctum. Secondly, Kain never consumed Umah's soul, does even have the capability? Kain has been able to teleport for a long time. Since SR1 at least.

LOKFan
1st Mar 2004, 21:06
Kain had had teleportation in SR and SR2. I assume that he gained it from his evolution.

Shifter
1st Mar 2004, 21:11
y dit he do the bat thing then if he can teleport y fly

LOKFan
1st Mar 2004, 21:20
It assume that it's very difficult to teleport over huge distances so Kain uses Bat Form instead.

xarax
1st Mar 2004, 22:11
His teleporting at the end of Defiance showed a glowing sphere between his hands. I never saw that effect in SR1 or SR2. Is it perhaps linked to the Moebius staff? Did Kain get some of Moebius' power when he skewered Moebius? Kain was looking very closely at the staff when Raziel appeared...

Stormrider
1st Mar 2004, 22:51
Maybe he can only teleport to a place he can see?

TheWatcher
1st Mar 2004, 23:31
Originally posted by xarax
His teleporting at the end of Defiance showed a glowing sphere between his hands. I never saw that effect in SR1 or SR2. Is it perhaps linked to the Moebius staff? Did Kain get some of Moebius' power when he skewered Moebius? Kain was looking very closely at the staff when Raziel appeared...

We did see this effect in the SR1 ending/SR2 opening movie. Once just before Kain walks down the stairs, and to a lesser extent when he did teleport. LOKFan is right; Kain has had the ability to teleport since SR1 (and if you count the devices, since BO1).

LOK kain is the greatest
2nd Mar 2004, 00:59
i was going to say he was abel to teleport for a long time. it was anoying in the fight with him is soul reaver. Prob it takes alot of energy and he has to see where he is going. the only one i've seen where you don't see where you teleport is in SR after said fight. he might have just teleported to another room and after the piller scene. and for all we know he might have been hiding behind a bush:p

and the only other place i can think of is infront of janos's retret. and he may have just been round the corner.

oh well. maybe in the next BO it will tell us hoe he learns it. be it by evolution or some othermeans.

Luv KITG