PDA

View Full Version : Voradors future presence is more of a burden than his ressurection

Kainster
1st Mar 2004, 09:51
Ever since BO2 was released 2 years ago, everyones been going crazy, "How was Vorador ressurected?". Its a chaotic subject to say in the least, but I feel that the question of how he is ressurected is miniscule next to the much more compelling question "what happened to Vorador AFTER BO2?".

He had no presence in SR1, and was spoken of by Raziel to be nothing more than a tale of the past told to the Lieutenants by Kain. This obviously means IF (and thats a BIG if) Vorador is alive in the SR1 era (due to his ressurection), he never met Raziel or the lieutenants and his importance/role in Nosgoth is diminished to nothing. OR does Vorador die sometime between BO2 and SR1? Whether he lives or dies, that creates a weak link in the story. In the one hand, his ressurection was useless (if you dont think so already) because he just ends up dying again. In the other hand, if he lives, no one knows of his existence in the SR1 era, and to reintroduce him into the LoK story in the future would be overkill and silly.

Vorador certainly does create more problems than solve.

Dark Abyss
1st Mar 2004, 10:51
Vorador dies somewhere between BO1 and BO2. As you know SR1 is way after BO2 cus it's way off in the future and in SR2, in the part when raz is in the fall of the pillars period, he is still alive cus then he also meets kain. And voradors resurection may not be so pointless because he is after all the forger of the SR so he may still have importance. And he is also a great vampire, able to lead the rest of the vampires during Kains' "slumber" cus if it wasn't for him, i don't know if we would have seen BO2. Because being able to create vampires, gives certain knowledge of how to keep them alive for centuries. I hope you understand what i mean.

WraithStar
1st Mar 2004, 18:42
Vorador is resurrected in the new timeline, so it's possible he didn't die and is around in the new SR1 era. A couple of people have even said he may be around in the original SR1 era because the birds that follow Raziel around look like Vorador's spies from SR2.

garbagefanuk
1st Mar 2004, 18:59
What birds follow him? Theres only a few on the outside of the Sanctuary and in Melchiahs graveyard.

Vorador was a plot piece for Blood Omen 2. He raised Kains Vampire army. Its possible that after Kain defeats The Elder God he finds a way to raise Vorador too. As for Voradors future, the era of Soul Reaver 1 will be altered because of the affects of Kain and Raziel arsing around with time. In Soul Reaver 1 when Kain has ruled for a thousand years, theres no sign of any Hylden despite the fact the pillars were destroyed. The Hylden could now be in the Soul Reaver 1 era after they escaped imprisonment which would alter history alot... Hmm, it is a pretty pickle BO2 has created :)

bish
1st Mar 2004, 19:20
have faith folks...

if Crystal had to release SR2 first, people would be confused about the whole story. its the same here, there's bits of story missing. it does in no way mean that it is wrong or that it leads to problems. the team have done a great job so far...so i say again have some faith.

it will all work out in the end.

bish

Kainster
1st Mar 2004, 20:48
You must not forget that the creators of the LoK series have stated that time is immutable and the events of each game go unaltered. So this new timeline business is a bunch of malarky. It applies to BO2, not the previous games, most especially Soul Reaver. BO2 is an event ADDED to the timeline of LoK. All other events in the series proceed unfettered.

bish
1st Mar 2004, 21:33
the fact that kain experienced new memories blooming and dying at the end of SR2 explains quite frankly that something HAS indeed changed during history.

and if vorador does in fact die before SR1 time period, then there is nothing to worry about. just wait for the next game and you will have all the answers you need.

bish

plot man
2nd Mar 2004, 17:45
I think what SHOULD happen, is that the younger Kain and Vorador should have a show-down and Vorador should get killed. He was raging about Kain killing Umah, and Kain said they would settle it later, just before the Hylden dude arrived and blasted Vorador and Janos.
Of course, it could be that Vorador was really badly hurt, maybe even killed by that blast from the Hylden Lord, cos only Janos turns up to help Kain at the final battle.
I do have to say though, the whole Vorador scenario really flipped me off in BO2. It seemed like there was no need for him at all and he only complicated things unnecessarily. They could have just made it that Kain was the one to make all the vampires for his own army.
It really seems to me like this was a big silly plot hole that some future game will now have to explain.
So there.

WraithStar
2nd Mar 2004, 21:34
I believe Chris said in one of his posts somewhere that there is a very interesting plot surrounding Vorador, but he couldn't say what it is yet because it would ruin a future game. This may seem like a plot-hole to you, but it was intentional. They don't need to make up something to cover it, they merely haven't revealed the explanation yet. Have patience and wait for the next game.

4thSurvivor
3rd Mar 2004, 00:44
Has anyone ever said Vorador's name out loud to themself? I can't describe it but it sounds so goofy. I'm reading the thread and I said it once to myself very slowly and that's all it took for the word to lose all meaning and send me into minor fits of hysterical laughter.

DarkWraith
3rd Mar 2004, 02:26
Vorador didn't exist in the SR1 time line. Or at least not in the one we know of. The events of the past had not yet been changed by SR1 or SR2. Thus the question where was he has little importance in the timeline we are involved in....yet.

DJpick
3rd Mar 2004, 08:03
Vorador didn't exist in the SR1 time line. Or at least not in the one we know of
By that logic, Turel was not the Hash Ak Gik we knew in BO1, because SR2 altered the events of Defiance.

Chances are that after BO2 occured, Vorador died, because time is immutable as they say, and it wqould have forced Vorador's death. Just like Janos was removed from Nosgoth, and Raziel once again entered the blade.