PDA

View Full Version : not working in XP

85 racer
1st Mar 2004, 08:21
hello,

i'v had a tr1 disc for years and it work great but i've recenly upgraded to a better pc an XP and now it doesnt work anymore

Dino
1st Mar 2004, 17:14
Check this link: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/windowsxp.html

Read the several paragraphs after "The Original Tomb Raider:"

VMan
4th Mar 2004, 03:29
I have Windows XP professional and despite many efforts, I never got it to run properly. The Core Design cinematic at the beginning would play, but both the audio and video would be super choppy and then it would freeze after that. Somebody told me it was the disc, but it wasn't. It installed and ran fine on a 98 systems with lower specs.

Knuxx
5th Mar 2004, 12:29
Originally posted by VMan
I have Windows XP professional and despite many efforts, I never got it to run properly. The Core Design cinematic at the beginning would play, but both the audio and video would be super choppy and then it would freeze after that. Somebody told me it was the disc, but it wasn't. It installed and ran fine on a 98 systems with lower specs.

It's because it's a DOS game. XP or 2000 just can't run them, I'm actually surprised you got any audio at all through XP (unless you use VDMSound). GLIDOS (www.glidos.net) is an excellent way to get around this problem, plus it makes the Tomb Raider graphics up to TR2 standard. Try it. :)

Window Paine
16th Mar 2004, 22:11
Originally posted by VMan

If it worked fine in Windows 98, then try this....

1. Right click on the TR icon on your desktop.
2. Select properties from the menu.
3. Hit the compatibility tab.
4. Set the mode to Windows 98.

Now it should work better.....