PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

[OF] Seferg
28th Feb 2004, 14:28
i see there is a lot of 'unrest' concerning changes planned for thief 3. we wouldnt be here anxiously awaiting it if we didnt love thiefs 1 & 2.

maybe we shouldnt br knocking the game 'till we have actually tried it. it might be filled with mistakes, it might be as good as before only different, and maybe, just maybe, it could be better.

give it time folks

Quillan
28th Feb 2004, 14:49
Strangely, I have been seeing this with almost everything lately. There was a lot of it before DX:IW (with good reason, it turns out), there is a lot of it here, there's a few people on the Hitman forums knocking the upcoming game there, I've seen a few over at the Splinter Cell forums dooming and glooming about Pandora Tomorrow. I think we are all becoming jaded.

Chiefdreams
28th Feb 2004, 15:10
It realy looks like the game developers are convinced that the money is in dumbed down versions of all games. My nephew is 22 and I was over one day and he had a few friends over. They were playing some game on a console. I don't know what the game was but there was 4 characters on your tyeam. One was a robot that would sip tea. I know that sounds strange. But the main character that you control had BFG's that were nearly as big as he was. As I stood there for about 15 seconds I counted 25 zombie creatures that he wasted. They loved it and I was shaking my head. They loved this stuff. I had left him a CD of Thief Gold awhile back and I asked him if he had tried it. He said it bored him to death.

However, my daughter and a friend of her's (both 13) saw me playing Thief and they asked if I would put it on their computer. I did and they had a blast. Go figure.

coldplay_josh_106
28th Feb 2004, 15:19
That game ur nephew was playing sounds like armed and dangerous, i dont like that game, much too much like a console game. Thief is far better.

I agree that ppl should give the game a go before making judgements about it. all these complaints about WCG and No swords! Ya gotta give it a go folks. Although I do agree with them about the sword the devs should have i kept that defo!!!

Optik45
28th Feb 2004, 15:30
Originally posted by Chiefdreams
However, my daughter and a friend of her's (both 13) saw me playing Thief and they asked if I would put it on their computer. I did and they had a blast. Go figure.

Hrmmmmm, I would say that Thief runs in the X chromosones. :)

Kerghan
28th Feb 2004, 19:50
I've played Armed and Dangerous, and it was actually pretty fun (some good humor now and then as well) but the gameplay is the usual run, shoot, blow everything up which gets mind numbingly redundant. Your nephew won't have a brain for long if he keeps playing stuff like that all the time :) You see, my theory is that 75 percent of the world's population has ADD, they just don't know it.

van_HellSing PL
28th Feb 2004, 20:28
Armed and Dangerous is a very fun game! There's just no sense in comparing it to Thief. Thief is about patience, stealth and dark story, Armed & Dangerous is about idiotic amounts of shot ammo and Monty Python-esque humor. Apples vs. oranges, Christmas vs. Easter...

Optik45
28th Feb 2004, 20:44
I havent played A&D but Giants:Citizen Kubuto was a lot of fun. I play a wide variety of games. From Thief to Morrowind to Quake. I just like gaming. Its no different than switching from Drama Movies to Action movies now and then. Spice things up.

van_HellSing PL
28th Feb 2004, 20:52
Originally posted by Optik45
I havent played A&D but Giants:Citizen Kubuto was a lot of fun. I play a wide variety of games. From Thief to Morrowind to Quake. I just like gaming. Its no different than switching from Drama Movies to Action movies now and then. Spice things up. True, true.

Jareware
1st Mar 2004, 22:26
Originally posted by Kerghan
I've played Armed and Dangerous, and it was actually pretty fun (some good humor now and then as well) but the gameplay is the usual run, shoot, blow everything upThe definitive King of this category is Serious Sam. Brilliant parody and caricature of FPS's in general. And still some good fun to play. :cool:

-JR-

tealsmith
2nd Mar 2004, 00:46
Originally posted by Jareware
The definitive King of this category is Serious Sam. Brilliant parody and caricature of FPS's in general. And still some good fun to play. :cool:

-JR-

Serious Sam is great, I can't wait for the next one.