PDA

View Full Version : before i get this game, i want to know some things

PoisonedAcid
27th Feb 2004, 18:51
first of all i have heard that they are still using the idiotic "save" thingie that means if you die you will have to restart at the beginning of the level... if that is true then i wont go near this game (since i have a habit of making small mistakes like pressing the wrong key at the ultimately deciding place, and do not wish to replay the whole level because of that, i want to be able to save anywhere and if that aint possible atleast there should be tons of "checkpoints"...)

second of all, i have heard the camera angle is really crappy and can get you in trouble, i have played games before that had that problem, making you want to go left but because of the cameras angle, left really means straight forward, imo a 3D 3rd person game should always have the camera fixated behind the player, that means if you screw up, its because you suck rather than the cameras fault...

i hope you guys/gals will convince me otherwise since i just love vampire games

HolyMoses
27th Feb 2004, 18:59
Well, there are a lot of checkpoints in this game, so you needn't worry about starting over at the begining of the level.

About the camera, well. There are mixed views on it with a ton of different opinions. I first found it a nussiance, but now it doesn't bother me. Perhaps you should rent the game and deside for yourself.

van_HellSing PL
27th Feb 2004, 19:28
When you save your progress is saved, so you don't have to beat the enemies and solve puzzles again. The only thing is that you start at the last savepoint.

hippiechk
27th Feb 2004, 20:27
I found it best to save at almost every checkpoint. Yes, there are plenty of them. That way, if I died because of some stupid mistake, I was brought back to the last checkpoint. It was helpful.

The camera was slightly annoying. But yeah, there are mixed reviews on it. So you'll need to decide for yourself if you love it or hate it.