PDA

View Full Version : TR: AOD for MAC- Simply wonderful!

Chris-Craig Michaels
27th Feb 2004, 18:47
Wow! I got AOD a few days ago, and I was worried that it would be really slow because my machine is only 700 mhz, which is below the "minimum." My worries were needless!
TR: AOD for MAC runs absolutely flawlessly, and the controls are basically the same as in the older games. The graphics are the best part, by far! Lara looks very cool, and moves much more realistically. The movemnets of other characters are superb, and talking with people is very cool. Each character has such a distinct personality! The atmosphere and texturing is very well done and immersive. The rain spattering on the streets and railings in Paris was amazing. For the Graphics, I would give AOD an easy 10 out of 10.
Lara's movemnets, as I said, have changed. The stealth movement, especially peeking around corners, is very cool. I really like her hand-to-hand combat! On the downside, her jump=grab and running-jump are hard to gage is some places. Also, I miss her being able to flip around in mid air. How does one do a swan-dive, again?
Music is wonderful, and the speed is very good. I am only at Bouchard's Hideout, so I have a while to play, but it is fun so far! I will post again soon:).

Nillindeiel
28th Feb 2004, 00:33
I got AOD for mac shortly after it was released on that platform... I was pleased to see that there are very few glitches, especially in regards to texture issues (ie: on the PC several characters' faces are inside out and what not -- on mac, I have only run into this once/twice at the Lourve -- both were with the same "guard" design -- if that makes sense)

Haven't had any game crashes.

Only technical issue I have is that on some of the cut scenes, the sound runs a few seconds behind the image, I don't know if that's my computer or if it's an issue with the programming or what not. *shrugs shoulders*

As for the game itself, I have yet to finish it... so I'm holding out complete judgement until I do.

digiseen
10th Mar 2004, 20:44
do you know any level skip type of thing for mac?:confused: